IRC log of tt on 2015-06-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:09:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tt
14:09:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:10:01 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:10:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tt
14:10:03 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be TTML
14:10:03 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SYMM_TTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start 10 minutes ago
14:10:04 [trackbot]
Meeting: Timed Text Working Group Teleconference
14:10:04 [trackbot]
Date: 18 June 2015
14:10:13 [glenn]
+Present glenn
14:10:13 [pal]
zakim, present+ pal
14:10:14 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'present+ pal', pal
14:10:22 [pal]
present+ pal
14:10:23 [tmichel]
present+ thierry
14:10:29 [glenn]
present+ glenn
14:10:48 [pal]
zakim, agenda+ Action Items
14:10:48 [Zakim]
agendum 1 added
14:11:22 [pal]
zakim, open agendum 1
14:11:22 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Action Items" taken up [from pal]
14:11:50 [pal]
14:12:01 [pal]
Glenn: no update
14:12:09 [pal]
14:12:20 [pal]
14:12:25 [pal]
14:12:29 [pal]
14:12:33 [pal]
Glenn: no update
14:12:48 [pal]
14:12:57 [pal]
pal: started the process but not done
14:13:12 [pal]
14:14:29 [pal]
tmichel: initial draft completed. bugs remain. welcomes review and feedback.
14:14:45 [pal]
14:17:12 [pal]
tmichel: wiki setup at
14:17:26 [pal]
tmichel: some dates are missing perhaps
14:18:32 [pal]
... so not clear if all comments were on the FPWD
14:19:28 [pal]
14:19:36 [pal]
discuss in agenda 3
14:19:51 [pal]
zakim, agenda+ Issues
14:19:51 [Zakim]
agendum 2 added
14:19:57 [pal]
zakim, open agendum 2
14:19:57 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Issues" taken up [from pal]
14:20:30 [pal]
14:21:32 [pal]
no objections to resolution as implemented
14:21:52 [glenn]
close issue 369
14:22:05 [pal]
close ISSUE-369
14:22:05 [trackbot]
Closed ISSUE-369.
14:22:25 [pal]
14:23:09 [pal]
no objection to proposed resolution
14:23:17 [pal]
close ISSUE-390
14:23:17 [trackbot]
Closed ISSUE-390.
14:23:52 [pal]
14:24:03 [pal]
no objection to proposed resolution
14:24:08 [pal]
close ISSUE-392
14:24:08 [trackbot]
Closed ISSUE-392.
14:24:17 [pal]
14:24:53 [pal]
no objection to proposed resolution
14:25:00 [pal]
close ISSUE-393
14:25:00 [trackbot]
Closed ISSUE-393.
14:25:11 [pal]
14:25:36 [pal]
no objection to proposed resolution
14:25:43 [pal]
14:25:47 [pal]
close ISSUE-394
14:25:47 [trackbot]
Closed ISSUE-394.
14:26:29 [pal]
no objection to proposed resolution
14:26:33 [pal]
close ISSUE-394
14:26:33 [trackbot]
Closed ISSUE-394.
14:26:42 [pal]
close ISSUE-395
14:26:42 [trackbot]
Closed ISSUE-395.
14:27:41 [pal]
pal: no suggested topics raised on open issues, moving to next agenda item
14:27:58 [pal]
zakim, agenda+ IMSC1 Status
14:27:58 [Zakim]
agendum 3 added
14:28:05 [pal]
zakim, open agendum 3
14:28:05 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "IMSC1 Status" taken up [from pal]
14:29:30 [pal]
14:30:07 [pal]
Thierry: proposed initial draft at
14:32:21 [pal]
pal: since the letter is intended in part to implementers that are not W3C members,
14:32:58 [pal]
... what about introducing W3C, TTWG, how the results will be used, etc...
14:33:20 [pal]
... might be an opportunity for W3C to reach out to new members
14:35:26 [pal]
thierry: respondents can choose to remain confidential separately at the TTWG level and implementation report
14:38:28 [pal]
thierry: nigel asked what the final date is for the questionnaire... we should put a date like October to drive responses... we can always change the date
14:38:42 [pal]
pal: October sounds fine
14:39:42 [pal]
... October it is
14:40:04 [pal]
zakim, agenda+ HTML Cue
14:40:04 [Zakim]
agendum 4 added
14:40:15 [pal]
zakim, open agendum 4 atai2
14:40:15 [Zakim]
'4\ atai2' does not match any agenda item, pal
14:40:19 [pal]
zakim, open agendum 4
14:40:19 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "HTML Cue" taken up [from pal]
14:41:16 [pal]
atai2: re: ACTION-401, kicked-off discussion with glenn, pal, Erik Lindström and nigel
14:41:38 [glenn]
14:43:51 [pal]
atai2: proposal is to prepare strawman for October TPAC
14:44:26 [pal]
q- glenn
14:45:16 [pal]
glenn: HTML WG uses "extension specifications" to extend HTML
14:47:17 [pal]
glenn: suggest working within HTML WG directly
14:49:17 [pal]
glenn: the conversion of TTML and WebVTT to HTML is separate from definition of HTMLCue
14:53:13 [pal]
pal: whether the strawman is published as a TTWG Note, liaison, wiki page, etc... it should follow the extension specification
14:54:06 [pal]
atai2: initial draft available end of July
14:56:00 [pal]
chair: pal
15:00:59 [atai2]
I seem to be disconnected from the audio
15:01:06 [atai2]
I will dial in again
15:01:23 [pal]
action: atai2 to follow on creating a strawman re: HTML Cue extension specification
15:01:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-406 - Follow on creating a strawman re: html cue extension specification [on Andreas Tai - due 2015-06-25].
15:02:27 [tmichel]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:02:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate tmichel
15:59:27 [glenn]
glenn has joined #tt