IRC log of tvapi on 2015-06-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:03:00 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tvapi
13:03:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2015/06/09-tvapi-irc
13:03:04 [kaz]
zakim, this will tv
13:03:04 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will tv', kaz
13:03:08 [kaz]
zakim, this will api
13:03:08 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will api', kaz
13:03:15 [kaz]
zakim, this will be tv
13:03:16 [Zakim]
ok, kaz, I see WEBT_TVAPICG()9:00AM already started
13:03:21 [kaz]
zakim, call kazuyuki-617
13:03:21 [Zakim]
ok, kaz; the call is being made
13:03:22 [Zakim]
+Kazuyuki
13:03:44 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
13:03:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.650.580.aaaa, +49.303.aabb, +44.303.040.aacc, +1.650.946.aadd, Kazuyuki
13:03:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, Bin_Hu, aldafu, skim13, cpn, kaz, jcverdie, ted, trackbot
13:03:58 [aldafu]
+49.303 is me
13:04:02 [Bin_Hu]
zakim, aadd is me
13:04:02 [Zakim]
+Bin_Hu; got it
13:04:06 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:04:09 [kaz]
zakim, aabb is aldafu
13:04:09 [Zakim]
+aldafu; got it
13:04:11 [cpn]
zakim, aacc is me
13:04:11 [Zakim]
+cpn; got it
13:04:12 [skim13]
zakim, IPcaller is me
13:04:13 [Zakim]
+skim13; got it
13:04:22 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
13:04:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.650.580.aaaa, aldafu, cpn, Bin_Hu, Kazuyuki, skim13
13:04:25 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, Bin_Hu, aldafu, skim13, cpn, kaz, jcverdie, ted, trackbot
13:05:22 [kaz]
zakim, aaaa is paul
13:05:22 [Zakim]
+paul; got it
13:06:08 [kaz]
zakim, wo is here?
13:06:08 [Zakim]
sorry, kaz, I do not understand your question
13:06:13 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
13:06:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see paul, aldafu, cpn, Bin_Hu, Kazuyuki, skim13
13:06:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, Bin_Hu, aldafu, skim13, cpn, kaz, jcverdie, ted, trackbot
13:06:20 [cpn]
Scribe: Chris
13:06:23 [kaz]
scribenick: cpn
13:06:41 [cpn]
Meeting: TV Control API CG
13:06:47 [cpn]
Chair: Bin Hu
13:07:20 [cpn]
Topic: Review open actions
13:07:43 [cpn]
Bin: There are 3 open items
13:08:52 [kaz]
-> https://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/wiki/Main_Page/Requirements_Mapping GENIVI added to the table
13:09:01 [cpn]
action 27 we should leave open
13:09:01 [trackbot]
Error finding '27'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/users>.
13:09:11 [kaz]
action-27?
13:09:12 [trackbot]
action-27 -- Bin Hu to Work on triggered interactive overlay requirements -- due 2015-02-24 -- OPEN
13:09:12 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/27
13:09:34 [cpn]
action-30?
13:09:34 [trackbot]
action-30 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Skim the work done by the media pipeline tf and let this cg know -- due 2015-04-21 -- OPEN
13:09:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/30
13:09:48 [cpn]
action-32?
13:09:48 [trackbot]
action-32 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Add column to gap analysis/requirements table for genivi ideas -- due 2015-05-19 -- OPEN
13:09:48 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/track/actions/32
13:10:07 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: We should leave these actions open for next time
13:10:37 [cpn]
Topic: Gap analysis
13:11:42 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: Chris is looking at timeshifting, Sung-Hei the CAS, Paul is looking at programme recording, and Bin and Sean the Triggered Overlays
13:16:23 [kaz]
s|-> https://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/wiki/Main_Page/Requirements_Mapping GENIVI added to the table||
13:17:00 [kaz]
i|We should|-> https://www.w3.org/community/tvapi/wiki/Main_Page/Requirements_Mapping GENIVI column is added to the table|
13:17:07 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
13:17:11 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:17:11 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/06/09-tvapi-minutes.html kaz
13:17:44 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
13:17:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see paul, aldafu, cpn, Bin_Hu, Kazuyuki, skim13
13:17:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, Bin_Hu, aldafu, skim13, cpn, kaz, jcverdie, ted, trackbot
13:18:09 [kaz]
Present: paul, aldafu, cpn, Bin, Kaz, skim13
13:18:13 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:18:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/06/09-tvapi-minutes.html kaz
13:25:52 [cpn]
Chris: explains the detail of the investigation into MediaStream in https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tvapi/2015Jun/0000.html
13:26:26 [cpn]
... there's a question of what the MediaElement's currentTime attribute should report when connected to a MediaStream
13:27:04 [cpn]
... the other details are really the consequences of taking the existing MediaStream and allowing buffering
13:28:50 [cpn]
Paul: Should we be looking at introducing an internediary object, to sit between the MediaStream and the MediaElement?
13:30:24 [cpn]
Chris: Possibly, but it appears to me that the MediaElement has much of what we need, in terms of describing the interaction between the MediaElement and the MediaStream, as well as buffering performed by the User Agent
13:31:26 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: Chris's email says that we've missed the deadline (May 15) for proposing changes to the Media Capture and Streams spec
13:31:57 [cpn]
... So it looks like we should proceed by writing our own glue specification
13:33:05 [jcverdie]
jcverdie has joined #tvapi
13:33:45 [cpn]
Paul: In our spec, could the tuner object have an API that allows control of the buffering, so that the controls for trick play go to our object, and similar for recording?
13:36:14 [cpn]
Chris: Yes, this gives us a place to define the functionality we need, rather than trying to adapt existing W3C specs
13:36:55 [kaz]
q+
13:37:04 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: So, can we start a discussion on the mailing list about this approach?
13:39:01 [cpn]
Paul: Yes, we can compile a list of changes needed to the tuner API, including e.g., parental control, timeshifting, recording
13:39:42 [kaz]
ack k
13:40:28 [cpn]
action: Paul to send to the mailing list an initial list of changes to the tuner API
13:40:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-33 - Send to the mailing list an initial list of changes to the tuner api [on Paul Higgs - due 2015-06-16].
13:41:05 [cpn]
Kaz: We should let the Media Capture Streams group know about our ideas
13:41:25 [Paul_Higgs]
Paul_Higgs has joined #tvapi
13:43:18 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: Chris's email has a summary of what we've found
13:44:14 [cpn]
Action: Kaz to email Daniel Burnett with our MediaStream findings
13:44:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-34 - Email daniel burnett with our mediastream findings [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2015-06-16].
13:46:13 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: Is there any update on Conditional Access Systems?
13:46:52 [cpn]
Sung-Hei: I can see how we'll handle this in the group, so I'll take the same approach
13:48:17 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: Programme Recording? Paul, would you have time to look into this when compiling the list of changes?
13:49:29 [cpn]
Paul: I looked at offline recording some time ago, but didn't find a solution, e.g., in the File API. I'll put some information into the bullet list that we can turn into an API later
13:50:19 [cpn]
... Also for parental ratings, I'll try to think how things need to be translated, maybe adding a rating to the programme object
13:52:11 [cpn]
... We may need to define an interface to a recording scheduler, as there doesn't appear to be a concrete solution in the existing APIs
13:52:56 [cpn]
action: Paul to add offline recording to the list of tuner api changes
13:52:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-35 - Add offline recording to the list of tuner api changes [on Paul Higgs - due 2015-06-16].
13:53:26 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: Next is Triggered Interactive Overlay
13:53:42 [cpn]
... Sean is on vacation at the moment, but he and I are working on it
13:54:18 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: Any other questions or issues with the gaps?
13:55:25 [cpn]
Paul: Is the Triggered Interactive Overlay the TVTriggerCue in the spec?
13:55:28 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: Yes
13:56:16 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: We have identified some other gaps, but these could take less effort to address the larger gaps, so let's leave those for now
13:56:23 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: AOB?
13:56:53 [cpn]
s/Is the Triggered/Is that the Triggered/
13:57:26 [jcverdie]
jcverdie has joined #tvapi
13:57:33 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: Let's meet again in 4 weeks, and we should have a more detailed update on Triggered Interactive Overlays then
13:57:41 [Zakim]
-paul
13:57:43 [Zakim]
-aldafu
13:57:44 [Zakim]
-skim13
13:57:45 [Zakim]
-Bin_Hu
13:57:50 [cpn]
Bin_Hu: Thank you all for contributions
13:57:55 [Zakim]
-cpn
13:57:58 [skim13]
skim13 has left #tvapi
13:58:02 [Zakim]
-Kazuyuki
13:58:03 [Zakim]
WEBT_TVAPICG()9:00AM has ended
13:58:03 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.650.580.aaaa, +49.303.aabb, +44.303.040.aacc, +1.650.946.aadd, Kazuyuki, Bin_Hu, aldafu, cpn, skim13, paul
13:58:32 [cpn]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:58:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/06/09-tvapi-minutes.html cpn
13:59:22 [cpn]
s/internediary/intermediary/
14:00:10 [cpn]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:00:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/06/09-tvapi-minutes.html cpn
14:14:28 [jcverdie]
jcverdie has joined #tvapi
14:39:45 [nigel]
nigel has joined #tvapi
14:42:19 [nigel]
nigel has joined #tvapi
14:48:43 [nigel_]
nigel_ has joined #tvapi
14:59:16 [nigel]
nigel has joined #tvapi
15:30:00 [jcverdie]
jcverdie has joined #tvapi
15:31:42 [cpn]
cpn has left #tvapi
15:42:34 [jcverdie]
jcverdie has joined #tvapi
16:03:42 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tvapi
16:05:05 [jcverdie]
jcverdie has joined #tvapi
16:08:57 [jcverdie]
jcverdie has joined #tvapi
16:44:03 [jcverdie]
jcverdie has joined #tvapi
16:52:11 [jcverdie]
jcverdie has joined #tvapi