IRC log of i18n on 2015-01-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:56:51 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18n
14:56:51 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-irc
14:56:56 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #i18n
14:57:02 [aphillip]
trackbot, prepare teleconference
14:57:04 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:57:06 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 4186
14:57:06 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see I18N_WG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
14:57:07 [trackbot]
Meeting: Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
14:57:07 [trackbot]
Date: 29 January 2015
14:57:13 [aphillip]
Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2015Jan/0017.html
14:57:18 [aphillip]
Chair: Addison Phillips
14:57:22 [aphillip]
ScribeNick: aphillip
14:57:32 [aphillip]
Regrets+ felix
14:57:38 [aphillip]
Regrets+ dennis
14:57:54 [aphillip]
agneda+ RADAR and Active Work Review
14:58:03 [aphillip]
agenda+ RADAR and Active Work Review
14:58:08 [Steve_Atkin]
Steve_Atkin has joined #i18n
14:58:14 [aphillip]
agenda+ Indic Layout topics
14:58:29 [aphillip]
agenda+ Predefined counter styles publication
14:58:34 [aphillip]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:58:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
14:58:46 [Zakim]
I18N_WG()10:00AM has now started
14:58:52 [Zakim]
+Steve_Atkin
14:59:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.426.aaaa
14:59:20 [aphillip]
zakim, +1.650.426.aaaa is aphillip
14:59:20 [Zakim]
+aphillip; got it
15:00:11 [Leandro]
Leandro has joined #i18n
15:01:02 [Zakim]
+Leandro
15:02:21 [David]
David has joined #I18n
15:02:48 [r12a]
zakim, dial richard please
15:02:48 [Zakim]
ok, r12a; the call is being made
15:02:49 [Zakim]
+Richard
15:03:07 [r12a]
zakim, who's here?
15:03:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Steve_Atkin, aphillip, Leandro, Richard
15:03:09 [Zakim]
On IRC I see David, Leandro, Steve_Atkin, Zakim, RRSAgent, aphillip, r12a, fantasai, koji, trackbot
15:03:37 [Zakim]
+??P9
15:03:54 [David]
Zakim, +??P9 is me
15:03:54 [Zakim]
sorry, David, I do not recognize a party named '+??P9'
15:04:00 [JcK]
JcK has joined #i18n
15:04:04 [David]
Zakim, ??P9 is me
15:04:04 [Zakim]
+David; got it
15:04:06 [aphillip]
zakim, who is here?
15:04:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Steve_Atkin, aphillip, Leandro, Richard, David
15:04:08 [Zakim]
On IRC I see JcK, David, Leandro, Steve_Atkin, Zakim, RRSAgent, aphillip, r12a, fantasai, koji, trackbot
15:04:29 [aphillip]
Topic: Agenda
15:04:36 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:04:49 [aphillip]
Topic: Action Items
15:05:47 [Zakim]
+JcK
15:06:10 [aphillip]
close action-365
15:06:10 [trackbot]
Closed action-365.
15:06:39 [Zakim]
+koji
15:07:34 [aphillip]
close action-391
15:07:34 [trackbot]
Closed action-391.
15:08:05 [aphillip]
action-392?
15:08:05 [trackbot]
action-392 -- Richard Ishida to Follow up on lock-step publishing counter styles wg document to match css by checking on their status -- due 2015-01-29 -- OPEN
15:08:05 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/392
15:08:18 [aphillip]
richard: did follow up, haven't heard date from them
15:08:28 [aphillip]
... asking for publication here so we can move when we find out
15:08:42 [aphillip]
close action-393
15:08:42 [trackbot]
Closed action-393.
15:09:10 [aphillip]
close action-395
15:09:10 [trackbot]
Closed action-395.
15:09:19 [aphillip]
Topic: Info Share
15:09:43 [aphillip]
JcK: posted a note about IDN situation at IETF and UTC
15:10:17 [r12a]
http://rishida.net/scripts/bopomofo/ontheweb.html
15:10:23 [aphillip]
richard: worked on above article/page
15:10:31 [aphillip]
... sums up what I know about bopomofo
15:10:35 [aphillip]
... and tone marks
15:10:39 [prashant]
prashant has joined #i18n
15:10:47 [aphillip]
... in contact with folks in taiwan
15:10:53 [aphillip]
... including ministry of education
15:11:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:11:32 [aphillip]
koji: how is clreq going?
15:11:42 [aphillip]
richard: had some long calls with chinese folks
15:11:47 [aphillip]
... talked about clreq
15:11:59 [aphillip]
... have list of chapters that will/wont'b e ready by march
15:12:07 [aphillip]
... march for first public
15:12:11 [aphillip]
... lots of time off in feb
15:12:26 [aphillip]
... adding simplified bits, since t.chinese done first
15:12:30 [aphillip]
... then translate and polish
15:12:38 [aphillip]
richard: ruby section now complete in chinese
15:12:45 [aphillip]
... only one in English so far
15:12:53 [aphillip]
... look out for it
15:13:47 [aphillip]
koji: does it cover markup and render?
15:13:57 [aphillip]
richard: talks about what one would expect to see
15:14:40 [r12a]
https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Chinese_layout_progress
15:14:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:15:39 [aphillip]
koji: if want to know how to mark up bopomofo, what do you recommend?
15:15:49 [aphillip]
richard: don't know if that exists
15:16:26 [aphillip]
public-i18n-cjk@
15:16:46 [aphillip]
richard: hackpad version points to wrong version
15:16:54 [aphillip]
... (hmm...)
15:17:05 [aphillip]
... go to TOC
15:17:05 [r12a]
https://clreq.hackpad.com/Ruby_en-LEZdmNzTVUf
15:17:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:17:41 [aphillip]
richard: expect bopomofo to markup same way as japanese
15:18:28 [aphillip]
... just use <rt> tag
15:18:38 [aphillip]
... painful
15:19:09 [aphillip]
.... current implementations are all hacks
15:19:55 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:20:02 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 1
15:20:03 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "RADAR and Active Work Review" taken up [from aphillip]
15:20:06 [aphillip]
https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar
15:20:17 [r12a]
because html/css doesn't yet support bopomofo ruby
15:21:13 [aphillip]
Steve: fininshing up linked data patch
15:21:16 [aphillip]
https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Project_radar
15:23:35 [aphillip]
action: richard: follow up on Korean Layout Requirements comments,et al (expected due date in late Feburary)
15:23:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-396 - Follow up on korean layout requirements comments,et al (expected due date in late feburary) [on Richard Ishida - due 2015-02-05].
15:24:11 [aphillip]
agenda?
15:25:16 [aphillip]
action: addison: ping norbert about js progress status
15:25:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-397 - Ping norbert about js progress status [on Addison Phillips - due 2015-02-05].
15:25:47 [aphillip]
zakim, take up agendum 3
15:25:47 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Predefined counter styles publication" taken up [from aphillip]
15:26:09 [r12a]
http://www.w3.org/International/docs/counter-styles/
15:26:30 [aphillip]
richard: went through and compared to latest counter styles css
15:26:36 [aphillip]
... that's going to CR
15:26:39 [aphillip]
... added notes
15:26:54 [aphillip]
... put some things back into core spec
15:27:04 [aphillip]
... mozilla implemented some
15:27:08 [aphillip]
... odd choices
15:27:30 [aphillip]
... all in spec have two implementations except tamil
15:27:46 [aphillip]
... these are also in our predefined
15:27:57 [aphillip]
... pointers back to css spec
15:28:07 [aphillip]
... change marks in section 1.2
15:28:10 [aphillip]
... how to use
15:28:39 [aphillip]
richard: green light to publish as new WD
15:28:54 [aphillip]
... cr period might change things
15:29:01 [aphillip]
... indeed had greek comments
15:29:06 [aphillip]
chair: approve?
15:29:20 [Leandro]
+1
15:29:21 [koji]
+1
15:29:27 [David]
+1
15:29:30 [Steve_Atkin]
Steve +1
15:29:33 [aphillip]
+1
15:29:33 [r12a]
+1
15:29:39 [JcK]
Note sure I understand all the issues, but +1
15:29:59 [aphillip]
chair: approved for publication as a WD
15:30:07 [r12a]
zakim, who's here?
15:30:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Steve_Atkin, aphillip, Leandro, Richard, David, JcK, koji
15:30:09 [Zakim]
On IRC I see prashant, JcK, David, Leandro, Steve_Atkin, Zakim, RRSAgent, aphillip, r12a, fantasai, koji, trackbot
15:30:40 [aphillip]
action: richard: publish predefined counter styles as WD when CSS publishes counter styles as CR
15:30:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-398 - Publish predefined counter styles as wd when css publishes counter styles as cr [on Richard Ishida - due 2015-02-05].
15:32:02 [aphillip]
Topic: AOB?
15:33:22 [aphillip]
Topic: Bopomofo
15:33:35 [aphillip]
richard: look at my article first? will change as we develop
15:33:52 [aphillip]
jck: if we want to discuss ietf/utc, should say
15:34:01 [aphillip]
richard: saw asmus did a summary
15:34:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:34:15 [aphillip]
richard: is there a summary?
15:34:25 [aphillip]
jck: mailing list on old idna-bis
15:34:33 [aphillip]
... opinions
15:35:27 [aphillip]
... asmus and I traded clarifications
15:35:46 [aphillip]
... heated opinions with range of variation
15:36:21 [aphillip]
... headed to a separate normalization form for identifiers?
15:36:47 [aphillip]
... unicode properties may no support this??
15:44:35 [Leandro]
Need to sign off, talk to you next wekk
15:44:38 [Zakim]
-Leandro
15:46:07 [Zakim]
-JcK
15:46:08 [Zakim]
-Steve_Atkin
15:46:08 [Zakim]
-David
15:46:10 [Zakim]
-aphillip
15:46:14 [Zakim]
-koji
15:46:55 [aphillip]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:46:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
15:48:44 [koji]
r12a: the "questions" section is fantastic
15:52:59 [r12a]
thanks koji
15:53:14 [r12a]
btw, i'm just editing it a little - i'll ping you when i'm done
16:04:17 [prashant]
prashant has joined #i18n
16:12:11 [aphillip]
Present: Addison, Richard, Leandro, JcK, Steve, David, Koji
16:12:14 [aphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:12:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-minutes.html aphillip
16:12:18 [aphillip]
zakim, bye
16:12:18 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Steve_Atkin, aphillip, Leandro, Richard, David, JcK, koji
16:12:18 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18n
16:12:29 [aphillip]
rrsagent, bye
16:12:29 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-actions.rdf :
16:12:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: richard: follow up on Korean Layout Requirements comments,et al (expected due date in late Feburary) [1]
16:12:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-irc#T15-23-35
16:12:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: addison: ping norbert about js progress status [2]
16:12:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-irc#T15-25-16
16:12:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: richard: publish predefined counter styles as WD when CSS publishes counter styles as CR [3]
16:12:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/01/29-i18n-irc#T15-30-40