IRC log of social on 2014-10-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:48:40 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #social
16:48:40 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/10/07-social-irc
16:48:42 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs 411
16:48:44 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SOCL
16:48:44 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see T&S_SOCWG()1:00PM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
16:48:45 [trackbot]
Meeting: Social Web Working Group Teleconference
16:48:45 [trackbot]
Date: 07 October 2014
16:49:56 [mattl]
mattl has joined #social
16:52:25 [evanpro]
OK, looks like we're rolling
16:52:27 [evanpro]
Thanks hhalpin
16:52:48 [Zakim]
T&S_SOCWG()1:00PM has now started
16:52:55 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:53:08 [wilkie]
Zakim, IPcaller is me
16:53:08 [Zakim]
+wilkie; got it
16:53:23 [evanpro]
Tsyesika: we just added you as an IE so you're welcome to join the call.
16:53:52 [evanpro]
I've got T-7 minutes, is that correct?
16:54:05 [wilkie]
yeah
16:54:15 [AdamB]
AdamB has joined #social
16:54:27 [hhalpin]
yep
16:54:28 [Zakim]
+??P2
16:54:35 [bret]
o/
16:54:41 [hhalpin]
Hey guys, I'm at a conference right now and its running late
16:54:55 [hhalpin]
so I might be late to call. Evanpro, you are chairing, right?
16:55:03 [evanpro]
hhalpin: correct
16:55:04 [cwebber]
anyone on the sip line yet?
16:56:05 [hhalpin]
My feeling is the best thing for this call would be to get commits to review from AS 2.0 from everyone
16:56:13 [Zakim]
-??P2
16:56:20 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:56:22 [hhalpin]
and really actually do thorough reviews by next week - we still haven't had an IndieWeb review, for example.
16:56:41 [evanpro]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is me
16:56:41 [Zakim]
+evanpro; got it
16:57:36 [Zakim]
+??P2
16:58:07 [elf-pavlik]
today I didn't manage to get VoIP working, so only IRC for me :(
16:58:16 [Zakim]
+aaronpk
16:58:28 [evanpro]
My tab management issues around these calls is pretty severe
16:58:49 [cwebber]
sorry about that, was just checking
16:58:59 [Zakim]
+??P4
16:59:08 [Zakim]
+??P6
16:59:08 [bret]
Zakim, +??P4 is me
16:59:09 [Zakim]
sorry, bret, I do not recognize a party named '+??P4'
16:59:10 [Lloyd_Fassett]
Lloyd_Fassett has joined #social
16:59:14 [bret]
Zakim, ??P4 is me
16:59:14 [Zakim]
+bret; got it
16:59:20 [bret]
Zakim, mute me
16:59:20 [Zakim]
bret should now be muted
16:59:29 [tantek]
Zakim, ??P4 is bret
16:59:29 [Zakim]
I already had ??P4 as bret, tantek
16:59:35 [tantek]
Zakim, code?
16:59:35 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7625 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), tantek
16:59:37 [bret]
hey tantek
16:59:37 [Loqi]
tantek: bret left you a message on 10/1 at 3:03pm: I think it would be useful to have the JSON parsed out on each spec page, so I'll go start making modifications
16:59:50 [Zakim]
+??P7
17:00:01 [tantek]
zakim, who is here?
17:00:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see wilkie, evanpro, ??P2, aaronpk, bret (muted), ??P6, ??P7
17:00:04 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Lloyd_Fassett, AdamB, mattl, RRSAgent, caseorganic, bret, tommorris, elf-pavlik, hhalpin, tantek, evanpro, cmhobbs, jasnell, bblfish, wilkie, cwebber, Morbus, Arnaud,
17:00:04 [Zakim]
... Loqi, rhiaro, aaronpk, Zakim, oshepherd, kylewm, Tsyesika, trackbot, botie, sandro, wseltzer
17:00:10 [rhiaro]
Zakim ??P7 is me
17:00:19 [evanpro]
evanpro has changed the topic to: https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2014-10-07
17:00:19 [tantek]
Zakim, who is making noise?
17:00:21 [Zakim]
+ +1.314.777.aaaa
17:00:30 [Zakim]
tantek, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: wilkie (37%), evanpro (2%), ??P6 (97%), ??P7 (44%), ??P9 (2%)
17:00:31 [rhiaro]
Zakim, +??P7 is me
17:00:32 [Zakim]
sorry, rhiaro, I do not recognize a party named '+??P7'
17:00:37 [rhiaro]
Zakim, ??P7 is me
17:00:37 [Zakim]
+rhiaro; got it
17:00:40 [tantek]
zakim, ??p6 is me
17:00:40 [Zakim]
+tantek; got it
17:00:40 [rhiaro]
Zakim, mute me
17:00:42 [Zakim]
rhiaro should now be muted
17:00:47 [tommorris]
apologies for absence: work got busy.
17:00:51 [bret]
PS, for anyone using the telephone.app, the mute function does not work for really loud noises... be sure to mute with Zakim if you really don't want noise to come through
17:00:51 [AdamB]
zakim, aaaa is me
17:00:51 [Zakim]
+AdamB; got it
17:00:56 [wilkie]
hello all
17:00:59 [Zakim]
+Arnaud
17:01:06 [jasnell]
attempting to dial in...
17:01:10 [Arnaud]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:01:21 [evanpro]
Zakim, who's on the call?
17:01:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see wilkie, evanpro, ??P2, aaronpk, bret (muted), tantek, rhiaro (muted), AdamB, Arnaud
17:01:25 [Zakim]
+Lloyd_Fassett
17:01:25 [Zakim]
+jasnell
17:01:30 [Shane]
Shane has joined #social
17:01:33 [evanpro]
That's fast
17:02:03 [Shane]
Hi all, I'm afraid I am in public and forgot my headphones so won't join the call but I will stay in IRC :)
17:02:09 [Arnaud]
who's ??P2 ?
17:02:36 [Zakim]
+Sandro
17:03:02 [markus]
markus has joined #social
17:03:07 [Arnaud]
simple commands "topic: xxx" for agenda items, "xxx: blah blah" for when someone talks
17:03:35 [evanpro]
scribe: cwebber
17:03:43 [Zakim]
+??P17
17:03:43 [Arnaud]
chair: evanpro
17:03:58 [wilkie]
cwebber: there are some links to the commands you might find useful: https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Scribes
17:03:59 [Arnaud]
agenda: https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2014-10-07
17:04:20 [wilkie]
in particular http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/manual.html
17:04:27 [cwebber]
evan says, let's get started, first order of business is to approve minutes from 30th of september
17:04:49 [MarkCrawford]
MarkCrawford has joined #social
17:04:51 [cwebber]
evan asks, resolving resolutions, are those handled to your satisfaction Arnaud ?
17:05:04 [Arnaud]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2014-09-30-minutes
17:05:15 [cwebber]
Arnaud: yes, but link is not correct, we should approve wiki page linked above (https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2014-09-30-minutes)
17:05:15 [Zakim]
+??P19
17:05:20 [markus]
zakim, ??P19 is me
17:05:20 [Zakim]
+markus; got it
17:05:21 [cwebber]
which is the cleaned up version
17:05:29 [Zakim]
+MarkC
17:05:55 [cwebber]
evanpro says that looks good, we are using that version... do we have any opposition to approving the wiki page as minutes from previous meeting?
17:05:55 [sandro]
cwebber, best format is like this: evan: whatever evan says
17:06:10 [cwebber]
evanpro: with unanimous silence, we've approved it
17:06:14 [sandro]
(or evanpro or whatever)
17:06:15 [cwebber]
(thx sandro)
17:06:34 [bret]
yes
17:06:36 [tantek]
http://indiewebcamp.com/2014/Cambridge
17:06:37 [wilkie]
yes
17:06:49 [oshepherd]
Wrong Cambridge, damnit! :p
17:07:02 [evanpro]
:)
17:07:07 [cwebber]
tantek: this is not an official w3c event, but members of the working group may be interested in an event at Cambridge, sandro and tantek are both co-organizers of this
17:07:19 [Loqi]
aww
17:07:23 [cwebber]
if you are interested in coming and working on your own personal website or etc come and join
17:07:47 [cwebber]
cambridge MA, not Cambridge UK
17:08:01 [Shane]
tantek: I will probably join remotely if I have time :)
17:08:03 [cwebber]
cwebber: thx oshepherd, *, for helping ;)
17:08:20 [cwebber]
evanpro: It's a good idea for us to stay in touch and keep these kinds of events on the agenda
17:08:51 [cwebber]
new agenda item: two main areas of discussion today. First is to have discussion based on our review of activitystreams 2.0 based on the last week. James has asked for feedback via github or the mailing list
17:08:59 [cwebber]
we have open questions that have come up in discussion here
17:09:04 [cwebber]
the second item to address is the social api issues
17:09:29 [cwebber]
would like to discuss the social api ahead of TPAC, would like to ramp that up as we move forward with social context
17:09:41 [cwebber]
also, want to discuss relationship with indieweb efforts
17:09:59 [cwebber]
if we're going to lose tantek maybe we should move that particular item up to the front, is that okay tantek?
17:10:05 [cwebber]
tantek: yep, can discuss for a few minutes
17:10:24 [cwebber]
evanpro: great, if we talk the tough discussion early on, hopefully can keep it short, not take up too much of your time
17:10:39 [evanpro]
elf-pavlik: we're discussing Indieweb and JSON
17:10:49 [cwebber]
I think the person putting this online was elf-pavlik is participating only on irc
17:10:50 [evanpro]
Can you characterize the issue quickly here in IRC?
17:11:12 [elf-pavlik_]
elf-pavlik_ has joined #social
17:11:25 [evanpro]
elf-pavlik_: are you on?
17:11:45 [cwebber]
evanpro: (repeating question) group charter of json serialization as a requirement
17:11:49 [elf-pavlik_]
now yes, let me see onlin log
17:11:52 [cwebber]
for the social data syntax
17:12:07 [cwebber]
we have some ?? from indie social web community which may not support json
17:12:26 [cwebber]
we also may need to discuss jsonl-ld, while most members seem to support, some indiewebcamp people may not support
17:12:40 [cwebber]
clarification, we have *submissions* from indie sodcial web community
17:13:02 [cwebber]
elf-pavlik brought this up, not sure we have actionable outcome from thi
17:13:03 [cwebber]
s
17:13:15 [cwebber]
cwebber: who's speaking?
17:13:20 [aaronpk]
cwebber: that's tantek
17:13:24 [cwebber]
tantek: what are we trying to explore?
17:13:33 [cwebber]
cwebber: thanks, I'm still short on catching the voices
17:13:55 [cwebber]
tantek: try to give the summary statement... in the indieweb community there's been really strong focus on doing absolute minimum you have to get things to work
17:14:06 [cwebber]
there are so many implementers who are in their spare time doing here and there in their websites
17:14:12 [Zakim]
-bret
17:14:20 [cwebber]
following that path means minimum followed format
17:14:26 [cwebber]
you just put up a web page with html, and from there
17:14:36 [cwebber]
what's the minimum you can add to that to interoperate beyond that?
17:14:42 [cwebber]
for blogposts, posts, etc
17:14:46 [jasnell]
losing you tantek
17:14:48 [cwebber]
cwebber: sounds like a plane is taking off
17:15:09 [Zakim]
+??P4
17:15:23 [Zakim]
-rhiaro
17:15:25 [cwebber]
tantek: from there, what's the minimum to send back and forth between sites, and so pingback with even less work (without xml-rpc)
17:15:27 [bret]
Zakim, ??P4 is me
17:15:27 [Zakim]
+bret; got it
17:15:35 [cwebber]
indieweb has gotten most of this working without any json on the wire
17:15:40 [cwebber]
why do any more work if I don't have to?
17:15:45 [cwebber]
very motivate to do the least they have to
17:16:01 [cwebber]
it's not their job, they aren't some big enterprise
17:16:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
17:16:13 [cwebber]
that said, the formats they're using have a canonical microformats reprsentation
17:16:17 [bblfish]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
17:16:17 [Zakim]
+bblfish; got it
17:16:23 [cwebber]
so they can send through a canonical microformats representation
17:16:38 [cwebber]
that's strictly a plumbing detail. They can also process with rdf if they want to
17:16:53 [cwebber]
it's not opposition per say, they just haven't needed it
17:16:55 [jasnell]
It's important to note that saying "The WG must at least produce a JSON-based serialization" does not equal "Everyone has to use the JSON-based serialization". Case in point: the AS2 Vocabulary can be easily represented using HTML5+(Microdata|RDFa|Microformat)
17:16:57 [elf-pavlik_]
i have some concern about using application/x-www-form-urlencoded with complex nested JSON objects like AS2.0
17:17:33 [Zakim]
+??P16
17:17:36 [cwebber]
evanpro: I have a bit of a disadvantage having person who brought this up not on call, only on irc
17:17:39 [rhiaro]
Zakim, ??P16 is me
17:17:39 [Zakim]
+rhiaro; got it
17:17:45 [rhiaro]
Zakim, mute me
17:17:45 [Zakim]
rhiaro should now be muted
17:17:46 [evanpro]
elf-pavlik_: will you be able to participate by voice next week?
17:17:55 [evanpro]
Can we defer this issue?
17:18:00 [elf-pavlik_]
evanpro, yes i will make sure
17:18:06 [Shane]
I strongly agree, there are many (probably the majority) examples of social integrations between sites that use no javascript at all. Send using a form action, render on page using the serverside code, no JS or JSON required
17:18:09 [cwebber]
evanpro: I'm not sure this issue is rooted in any of the work we're doing right now
17:18:22 [oshepherd]
Shane: Nobody mentioned JavaScript
17:18:26 [cwebber]
I'd prefer to deal with that when that comes arong
17:18:27 [cwebber]
along
17:18:32 [Shane]
oshepherd: Fair point
17:18:35 [cwebber]
tantek: I agree
17:18:43 [cwebber]
evanpro: so I'd prefer to do it when we have it grounded
17:18:44 [elf-pavlik_]
+1 oshepherd
17:18:51 [cwebber]
let's move on to activitystreams 2.0 if no more discussion on this
17:18:57 [cwebber]
activitystreams 2.0 is moving forward
17:19:12 [cwebber]
james has been working on a new draft based on a structure of vocabulary and underlying syntax
17:19:26 [cwebber]
as part of our work to evaluate that draft this week and next to make some decisions for that
17:19:31 [jasnell]
first off... apologize for any background noise here if/when I speak
17:19:44 [cwebber]
the point of having AS2.0 on the agenda is to have a chance to voice any questions and comments on the working draft
17:19:55 [cwebber]
to see if there's anything we need to do to inform that discussion
17:20:03 [cwebber]
if people can add folks to the queue if anything comes up
17:20:08 [jasnell]
https://github.com/jasnell/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/issues
17:20:18 [cwebber]
*evanpro mutes out for a sec*
17:20:21 [jasnell]
q+
17:20:26 [evanpro]
ack
17:20:30 [evanpro]
ack jasnell
17:20:46 [cwebber]
jasnell: one of the main questions is whether we go forward and publish the current working draft?
17:20:57 [cwebber]
as previous calls, the current draft is not expected to be perfect
17:21:06 [cwebber]
it's just a statement of where we're going, what we're working on
17:21:17 [cwebber]
two qs: is it ready to go? is it ready to go out?
17:21:26 [cwebber]
second, are there any additional issues to resolve?
17:21:38 [cwebber]
those are both separate questions, any feedback should be expressed in those terms
17:22:03 [oshepherd]
q+
17:22:10 [cwebber]
I will point out that there are some issues added to the github repo
17:22:11 [elf-pavlik_]
+q can we add some issues around as:Link and as:Verb to draft inline?
17:22:17 [bret]
Zakim, mute me
17:22:17 [Zakim]
bret should now be muted
17:22:20 [cwebber]
in my views we have some technical questions added there, but no blockers
17:22:27 [evanpro]
ack oshepherd
17:22:35 [cwebber]
evanpro: great... oshepherd ?
17:22:42 [elf-pavlik_]
q+ can we add some issues around as:Link and as:Verb to draft inline?
17:22:46 [cwebber]
oshepherd: at what point did we lose object type in favor of ?? type?
17:23:03 [cwebber]
when did we switch from object type to json-ld's built-in (action??) type?
17:23:12 [oshepherd]
@type
17:23:15 [cwebber]
@type
17:23:15 [wilkie]
I'm less pedantic about key names and such as some of you :) but and I've reviewed it and it looks quite sound at the moment. my only concern/confusion was clarified earlier today. I might start implementing it. hmm.
17:23:28 [cwebber]
jasnell: it's still there, basing on json-ld spect
17:23:39 [cwebber]
previous versions not directly compatible with @type
17:23:58 [cwebber]
so in order to achieve closer compatibility, aliased object type to alias of @type
17:24:05 [cwebber]
one side effect is it's more backwards compatible with 1.0
17:24:11 [cwebber]
but does use the value type concept I had previously
17:24:15 [oshepherd]
Understood
17:24:15 [evanpro]
Zakim, who's making noise?
17:24:26 [Zakim]
evanpro, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: jasnell (76%)
17:24:32 [cwebber]
one reference with one note sent to mailing list, I covered that previously
17:24:36 [bblfish]
the mailing list? Which one?
17:24:43 [cwebber]
evanpro: no problem, I have a question james
17:25:08 [cwebber]
evanpro: elf-pavlik_ brought it up and put it on the agenda, we do seem to be strattling two compatibility issues, AS 1.0 and json-ld
17:25:11 [cwebber]
can we do both, where do we err?
17:25:34 [elf-pavlik_]
jasnell, can we add some 'bigger' issues inline to the draft? like around as:Link and as:Verb? also suggested in http://www.w3.org/2014/Process-20140801/#working-draft
17:25:36 [cwebber]
jasnell: we can achieve 1.0 compatibility in that any 1.0 doc should be a valid 2.0 doc, but reverse is not true
17:25:48 [cwebber]
we can decide that json-ld is the basis, and err on side of json-ld
17:26:01 [cwebber]
if we have to break 1.0 compat to work better, json-ld it absolutely is
17:26:19 [elf-pavlik_]
cool! :)
17:26:20 [cwebber]
evanpro: if I'm not incorrect, there is recommendation to defer by media type
17:26:46 [cwebber]
jasnell: that's correct, convention is that you walk 1.0 rules to apply... there's some questions about whether it's JSON LD plus (??)
17:26:52 [cwebber]
cwebber: sorry, I lost a lot of that one
17:27:09 [oshepherd]
Should probably add an editorial note discouraging serving as application/json
17:27:10 [cwebber]
maybe a repeat if we want it better on record?
17:27:19 [cwebber]
apologies, that last one I really garbled
17:27:47 [cwebber]
jasnell: I do know it takes a couple of weeks to get the proposal draft going, so we need a decision quickly in time for TPAC
17:28:04 [cwebber]
evanpro: yeah, last week we decided we would review for next 2 weeks on no/no-go decision on 14th
17:28:13 [jasnell]
sorry chris: what I said was that the differentiation would occur on media type
17:28:18 [cwebber]
we seem to be strongly leanign towards go, but we should make that decision by the 14th
17:28:21 [jasnell]
application/stream+json for AS 1.0 rules
17:28:26 [cwebber]
cwebber: thx
17:28:27 [jasnell]
application/activity+json for AS 2.0 rules
17:28:30 [Arnaud]
q+
17:28:42 [evanpro]
ack Arnaud
17:28:47 [cwebber]
evanpro: action item: everyone should review, be ready to make a thumbs up / thumbs down decision on putting forward a first public working draft
17:28:55 [cwebber]
cwebber: who's speaking?
17:28:58 [cwebber]
oh
17:29:04 [evanpro]
cwebber: it's Arnaud
17:29:04 [jasnell]
Arnaud is speaking
17:29:21 [cwebber]
Arnaud: yes, if you have any concerns, we should reviw current draft... if not, you need to bring up any issues that should be showstopper for you
17:29:29 [cwebber]
which doesn't mean it's a perfect draft, but
17:29:53 [cwebber]
evanpro: I'm sorry about that... people should be ready for overall structure/strategy of AS 2.0, if not every property name / structure
17:29:56 [cwebber]
Arnaud: that's rigbht
17:29:58 [cwebber]
right
17:30:01 [cwebber]
evanpro: great
17:30:12 [cwebber]
unless there's anything more to discuss on AS 2.0, let's move on to the social API
17:30:22 [cwebber]
our schedule, which we continue to slip behind on
17:30:31 [cwebber]
I'd like to add action item for myself to update schedule
17:30:42 [cwebber]
we are in a period where we should be starting to formulate our social api strategy
17:30:51 [cwebber]
what we're going to do as our client->server api
17:31:00 [cwebber]
we have at least one submission for open social activitystreams api
17:31:12 [cwebber]
a RESTful CRUD api
17:31:22 [cwebber]
we need to look at other APIs so we know what to look for
17:31:25 [cwebber]
evaluating as we go in
17:31:46 [cwebber]
tantek: I have to sign off for now, but there's a wiki page with other API candidates from charter / indieweb community
17:31:53 [cwebber]
linked from social wg activity
17:31:53 [oshepherd]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API_candidates
17:31:55 [cwebber]
talk soon, bye
17:32:01 [Zakim]
-tantek
17:32:03 [tiborKat]
tiborKat has joined #social
17:32:04 [cwebber]
evanpro: great, thx a lot tantek
17:32:25 [cwebber]
as for social api candidate someone posted, we talked a little bit about opensocial / activitystreams api
17:32:51 [cwebber]
I think there are high level qs: how broad of an api, how much do we want to spec out, do we want to keep it lean/small?
17:33:14 [hhalpin]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
17:33:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see wilkie, evanpro, ??P2, aaronpk, AdamB, Arnaud, Lloyd_Fassett, jasnell, Sandro, oshepherd, markus, MarkC, bret (muted), bblfish, rhiaro (muted)
17:33:15 [cwebber]
there are some social API patterns listed, not sure they match, some of them are inappropriate / proprietary
17:33:24 [cwebber]
none of facebook/twitter/google have made submissions
17:33:32 [cwebber]
but may be good patterns to understand: what is a social api?
17:33:48 [Zakim]
-oshepherd
17:33:52 [hhalpin]
I suggest we try to loop back in OpenSocial, as they seemed to have some sort of plan but haven't been attending phone calls.
17:33:55 [bblfish]
q+
17:33:58 [cwebber]
as an outcome of this meeting, maybe put on our schedule for tpac: an action to come out with our social API strategy from our meeting
17:34:02 [evanpro]
ack bblfish
17:34:04 [Zakim]
+??P6
17:34:17 [cwebber]
bblfish: I'm looking at this social api, what I don't see is LDP up, that's very generic
17:34:21 [jasnell]
We need a definition: What does a "Social API" do?
17:34:29 [cwebber]
is that at the wrong level, or at the right level?
17:34:40 [cwebber]
evanpro: you could add it, give a link for those of us who don't know it, that would be helpful
17:34:43 [cwebber]
bblfish: ok
17:34:48 [wilkie]
I think extensibility is a priority. argh. wish I could afford to get to this TPAC meeting.
17:34:58 [cwebber]
evanpro: jasnell would you mind bringing that to voice?
17:35:07 [cwebber]
jasnell: yes, post it on the ml?
17:35:15 [cwebber]
evanpro: no, on irc, what does a social api do
17:35:39 [cwebber]
jasnell: yes, as for strategy, what does a social api *do*? we can make all sorts of examples, but how do we evaluate what we're trying to do
17:35:59 [cwebber]
I don't know what we're trying to achieve, how do we know what we try to do?
17:36:12 [cwebber]
evanpro: yes, we're trying to make a list of patterns that meet the same use cases as these apis
17:36:12 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
17:36:28 [tiborKat]
zakim : +tiborKat
17:36:28 [evanpro]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/API_requirements
17:36:29 [cwebber]
google, twitter, open social api... may make some sense to go finer than that
17:36:36 [cwebber]
to say these use cases we're trying to address
17:36:36 [bret]
Zakim: who is making noise?
17:36:44 [cwebber]
I also tried to throw on a wiki page but
17:37:01 [Arnaud]
zakim, [IPcaller] is tiborKat
17:37:01 [Zakim]
+tiborKat; got it
17:37:09 [cwebber]
there are also some strategy issues: we have lean api from opensocial, but may be more we want to address
17:37:15 [Arnaud]
zakim, who's on the phone?
17:37:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see wilkie, evanpro, ??P2, aaronpk, AdamB, Arnaud, Lloyd_Fassett, jasnell, Sandro, markus, MarkC, bret (muted), bblfish, rhiaro (muted), ??P6, tiborKat
17:37:22 [cwebber]
I want to add that we want to be ready by TPAC time to talk about strategy for APIs
17:37:26 [evanpro]
+1
17:37:33 [cwebber]
would like to take a little poll to see if that's reasonable
17:37:40 [Arnaud]
Zakim, ??P6 is oshepherd
17:37:40 [Zakim]
+oshepherd; got it
17:37:52 [tiborKat]
yes I'm on IPCall
17:38:01 [cwebber]
that's for end of october to say strategy of: simple the opensocial activitystreams api, or opensocial activitystreams api + endpoint, will we be ready for that?
17:38:06 [jasnell]
+1
17:38:06 [wilkie]
+1
17:38:09 [cwebber]
give me +1, -1, 0 on IRC
17:38:09 [oshepherd]
+0.7
17:38:14 [bret]
+1
17:38:21 [AdamB]
0
17:38:24 [markus]
+0
17:38:25 [rhiaro]
+0
17:38:31 [MarkCrawford]
+1
17:38:31 [elf-pavlik_]
0
17:38:33 [cwebber]
cwebber:
17:38:34 [cwebber]
+1
17:38:36 [Shane]
+0
17:38:41 [cwebber]
wait,
17:38:43 [cwebber]
+0
17:38:44 [cwebber]
;)
17:38:52 [cwebber]
evanpro: I'll take that as net 1 but pretty weak net 1
17:38:55 [jasnell]
I think we need to at least schedule time to brainstorm/discuss API case proposals at TPAC
17:38:59 [wilkie]
strawpool to figure out who all the optimists are :)
17:39:03 [jasnell]
then see what people think of those
17:39:08 [cwebber]
this is something we should discuss pretty extensively at tpac
17:39:12 [Shane]
wilkie++
17:39:13 [AdamB]
+1 on discussing +0 on being ready for a strategy
17:39:14 [Arnaud]
+1 to discussing this at TPAC
17:39:14 [Loqi]
wilkie has 1 karma
17:39:18 [cwebber]
I like that structure jasnell, to discuss proposals at tpac
17:39:27 [cwebber]
come up with strategies by end of tpac
17:39:49 [Shane]
+1 to discuss at TPAC, though I won't be there
17:39:52 [cwebber]
okay! I'd like to ask group to review wiki pages that have come up, add to them, discuss on list if you have questions
17:40:02 [jasnell]
hopefully we'll have an initial set of use cases proposed from the Social IG by then also
17:40:05 [elf-pavlik_]
+1 to review proposed APIs
17:40:07 [cwebber]
once we get to our social data impact, we'll need to be moving fairly quickly with our social apis
17:40:15 [cwebber]
I believe that's the end of our scheduled agenda
17:40:21 [cwebber]
anything else to discuss today?
17:40:27 [cwebber]
add yourself to queue if anything to bring up
17:40:30 [Arnaud]
+q
17:40:33 [cwebber]
if not, we're ready to abjourn
17:40:35 [evanpro]
ack Arnaud
17:40:48 [cwebber]
Arnaud: quickly, yet another reminder, TPAC registration deadline is tomorrow before prices go up
17:41:07 [Zakim]
-jasnell
17:41:09 [cwebber]
evanpro: okay great, thanks everyone for coming
17:41:10 [Zakim]
-Sandro
17:41:12 [Zakim]
-evanpro
17:41:12 [Zakim]
-Arnaud
17:41:13 [Zakim]
-MarkC
17:41:13 [Zakim]
-aaronpk
17:41:13 [cwebber]
see you all next week
17:41:14 [Zakim]
-oshepherd
17:41:14 [Zakim]
-bblfish
17:41:15 [Zakim]
-wilkie
17:41:17 [Zakim]
-Lloyd_Fassett
17:41:18 [Zakim]
-AdamB
17:41:21 [Zakim]
-??P2
17:41:22 [Zakim]
-tiborKat
17:41:22 [Zakim]
-rhiaro
17:41:26 [Zakim]
-bret
17:41:27 [elf-pavlik_]
thanks evanpro & cwebber !
17:41:31 [evanpro]
cwebber: OK, hold on one last part
17:41:39 [cwebber]
cwebber:
17:41:40 [evanpro]
To generate the minutes there's another invocation you have to do
17:41:41 [cwebber]
evanpro: ok
17:41:52 [cwebber]
cwebber: ok
17:42:01 [oshepherd]
Also, I suggest using PanDoc to do a quick/rough HTML-to-Wikitext conversion
17:42:03 [cwebber]
and yw elf-pavlik_, hopefully I didn't do too bad ;)
17:42:07 [aaronpk]
cwebber++ for excellent scribing
17:42:09 [Loqi]
cwebber has 1 karma
17:42:15 [elf-pavlik_]
cwebber++
17:42:16 [Loqi]
cwebber has 2 karma
17:42:25 [Arnaud]
evanpro, you just need to end the meeting
17:42:41 [Arnaud]
trackbot will do the rest
17:42:41 [trackbot]
Sorry, Arnaud, I don't understand 'trackbot will do the rest'. Please refer to <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.
17:42:45 [evanpro]
trackbot, end meeting
17:42:45 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
17:42:45 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been wilkie, evanpro, aaronpk, bret, +1.314.777.aaaa, rhiaro, tantek, AdamB, Arnaud, Lloyd_Fassett, jasnell, Sandro, oshepherd, markus, MarkC,
17:42:48 [Zakim]
... bblfish, tiborKat
17:42:48 [cwebber]
cwebber: evanpro: what's the invocation I have to do
17:42:53 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
17:42:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/10/07-social-minutes.html trackbot
17:42:54 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
17:42:54 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items
17:42:56 [evanpro]
cwebber: I think I just did it