IRC log of social on 2014-08-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

06:45:11 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #social
06:45:11 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/08/19-social-irc
06:45:15 [harry]
RRSAgent, stay
06:46:28 [harry]
Zakim, space for 35 at 16:00?
06:46:28 [Zakim]
harry, an adhoc conference was scheduled here less than 2 minutes ago
06:47:25 [harry]
Zakim, space for 35 at 16:00?
06:47:26 [Zakim]
ok, harry; conference Team_(social)20:00Z scheduled with code 7625 (SOCL) at 16:00 for 60 minutes until 2100Z
08:59:33 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
09:05:32 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
09:07:23 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
09:14:13 [pfefferle]
pfefferle has joined #social
09:24:12 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #social
09:39:38 [bblfish]
bblfish has joined #social
09:39:55 [bblfish]
bblfish has joined #social
09:46:39 [bblfish]
bblfish has joined #social
10:31:45 [pfefferle]
pfefferle has joined #social
10:41:02 [ShaneHudson]
ShaneHudson has joined #social
11:03:21 [melvster1]
melvster1 has joined #social
11:21:16 [Shane]
Shane has joined #social
11:29:04 [pfefferle_]
pfefferle_ has joined #social
11:54:02 [melvster1]
melvster1 has joined #social
12:09:19 [pfefferle]
pfefferle has joined #social
12:11:15 [tantek]
tantek has joined #social
12:13:27 [Shane]
Shane has joined #social
12:29:44 [bblfish]
bblfish has joined #social
12:49:09 [barnabywalters]
barnabywalters has joined #social
13:04:22 [ShaneHudson]
ShaneHudson has joined #social
13:55:31 [ShaneHudson]
There isn't a wiki page up for tonight's telecon, is it still going ahead? (will be my first)
13:55:59 [barnabywalters]
ShaneHudson: AFAIK it’s still going ahead, with evanpro chairing
13:56:04 [tommorris]
tommorris has joined #social
13:56:49 [ShaneHudson]
barnabywalters: Thanks :)
14:01:21 [bblfish]
bblfish has joined #social
16:16:00 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
16:27:39 [Tsyesika]
Tsyesika has joined #social
16:38:43 [caseorganic]
caseorganic has joined #social
16:48:28 [deiu]
deiu has joined #social
16:49:45 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
16:51:41 [caseorganic]
caseorganic has joined #social
16:58:19 [Morbus]
Morbus has joined #social
17:08:11 [tantek]
tantek has joined #social
17:09:58 [AdamB]
AdamB has joined #social
17:15:50 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
17:18:02 [deiu]
deiu has joined #social
17:19:38 [tantek]
hmm - perhaps I should create a stub then
17:22:18 [caseorganic]
caseorganic has joined #social
17:23:03 [deiu]
Regrets for today (at a conference)
17:24:03 [tantek]
hey deiu - sorry to hear that. but while you're here, add yourself to https://www.w3.org/wiki/IRC-people so your name is linked in the logs and has an icon!
17:26:44 [deiu]
Just did, cool stuff!
17:27:12 [bblfish]
bblfish has joined #social
17:29:39 [aaronpk]
great! (the logs cache the people list for 5 min so a slight delay until you appear there)
17:55:56 [caseorganic]
caseorganic has joined #social
17:56:07 [caseorganic]
caseorganic has joined #social
18:09:59 [tantek]
!tell evanpro still up for chairing today? could you add agenda at https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2014-08-19 ? Thanks!
18:11:11 [tantek]
Loqi?
18:11:43 [aaronpk]
oh no, something went horribly wrong
18:18:16 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
18:19:44 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
18:24:53 [caseorganic]
caseorganic has joined #social
18:27:03 [bblfish]
bblfish has joined #social
18:29:57 [Shane]
Shane has joined #social
18:42:19 [Arnaud]
Arnaud has joined #social
18:42:53 [ShaneHudson]
ShaneHudson has joined #social
18:51:20 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
18:55:21 [caseorganic]
caseorganic has joined #social
18:56:45 [Loqi]
Loqi has joined #social
18:57:49 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
19:02:27 [aaronpk]
k I think Loqi is in better shape now
19:06:58 [akuckartz]
akuckartz has joined #social
19:08:21 [AdamB]
AdamB has joined #social
19:18:18 [cMonk]
cMonk has joined #social
19:21:54 [AdamB]
AdamB has joined #social
19:24:53 [caseorganic]
caseorganic has joined #social
19:28:30 [AdamB]
AdamB has joined #social
19:29:38 [akuckartz]
zakim, agenda?
19:37:00 [tantek]
hello akuckartz, see /topic
19:37:33 [Arnaud]
reminder: regrets for me, I'm at SemTech
19:39:00 [caseorganic]
caseorganic has joined #social
19:39:22 [jasnell]
jasnell has joined #social
19:46:11 [tantek]
thanks for the reminder Arnaud
19:49:19 [evanpro]
evanpro has joined #social
19:50:05 [evanpro]
Hello everyone!
19:50:12 [Loqi]
evanpro: tantek left you a message 1 hour, 40 minutes ago: still up for chairing today? could you add agenda at https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/2014-08-19 ? Thanks!
19:50:21 [tantek]
and already did since I didn't see one
19:50:32 [evanpro]
All set, though.
19:50:41 [evanpro]
So I'm ready to go, if you don't mind.
19:50:50 [tantek]
evanpro - did you post an agenda somewhere else?
19:51:04 [evanpro]
No, I think that's all we have on the agenda.
19:51:05 [tantek]
not understanding "ready to go" absent a public agenda before the telcon
19:51:08 [tantek]
oh ok
19:51:20 [tantek]
I tried to guess at one based on last telcon
19:51:24 [tantek]
hope that works!
19:51:44 [jasnell]
regrets: unable to dial in today, have irc open to log but will be afk.
19:52:49 [jasnell]
list of AS 2.0 contributors names on the wiki.. based on notes posted to the AS mailing list
19:53:21 [tantek]
jasnell URL?
19:53:30 [ShaneHudson]
ShaneHudson has joined #social
19:53:34 [jasnell]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Activity_Streams#History
19:54:03 [jasnell]
specific threads can be viewed here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/activity-streams
19:55:21 [akuckartz]
akuckartz has joined #social
19:55:26 [jasnell]
stepping away from keyboard now.
19:55:39 [tantek]
jasnell - any progress on getting a contributor form submitted?
19:55:50 [tantek]
that was the action from last week
19:56:27 [jasnell]
tantek: have not yet had the opportunity to follow up, unfortunately. last week was a lot busier than I had anticipated. playing catch up this week
19:56:44 [jasnell]
definitely have to run for now. will be back on later this afternoon
19:56:50 [tantek]
jasnell - no problem, just needed an update like that. we can continue that action to next week then.
19:57:52 [evanpro]
It looks like we don't have a lot of business today, so maybe we can keep it down to 30 minutes
19:58:45 [aaronpk]
zakim where did you go?
19:58:53 [evanpro]
All right, let me see if I remember how to summon the daemons
20:00:36 [evanpro]
tantek: is it RSSAgent we need to call?
20:01:08 [bblfish]
bblfish has joined #social
20:01:19 [Arnaud]
Arnaud has joined #social
20:01:36 [evanpro]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:01:44 [evanpro]
OK, was that too early or too late?
20:01:45 [ShaneHudson]
I get 'Address Not Found', so I don't think it is ready to call in yet?
20:01:59 [evanpro]
SOCL?
20:02:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #social
20:02:31 [ShaneHudson]
1-617-761-6200 is right?
20:02:54 [shepazu]
Zakim, code?
20:02:54 [Zakim]
sorry, shepazu, I don't know what conference this is
20:03:03 [shepazu]
zakim, this is social
20:03:03 [Zakim]
ok, shepazu; that matches Team_(social)20:00Z
20:03:11 [shepazu]
Zakim, code?
20:03:12 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7625 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), shepazu
20:03:16 [tommorris]
Will be on in a sec
20:03:25 [Zakim]
+ +1.514.525.aacc
20:03:55 [Zakim]
+??P3
20:04:16 [tantek]
Zakim, ??P3 is tantek
20:04:16 [Zakim]
+tantek; got it
20:04:21 [evanpro]
Zakim: aacc is evanpro
20:04:50 [shepazu]
ShaneHudson, yes, 1.617.761.6200, code 7625
20:05:32 [tantek]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
20:05:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.503.342.aabb, Doug_Schepers, +1.514.525.aacc, tantek
20:05:41 [tantek]
who is calling in from 503?
20:05:43 [aaronpk]
Zakim: aabb is aaronpk
20:05:48 [tantek]
who is calling in from 514?
20:05:51 [evanpro]
Me
20:05:53 [aaronpk]
did that work?
20:05:57 [aaronpk]
i can scribe
20:06:03 [tantek]
zakim, aabb is aaronpk
20:06:03 [Zakim]
+aaronpk; got it
20:06:09 [tantek]
zakim, aacc is evanpro
20:06:09 [Zakim]
+evanpro; got it
20:06:18 [tantek]
scribenick: aaronpk
20:06:46 [akuckartz]
akuckartz has joined #social
20:06:58 [caseorganic]
caseorganic has joined #social
20:06:58 [aaronpk]
evanpro: abbreviated agenda for today. scheduled for the full hour but let's see if we can finixh in a half hour
20:07:00 [tantek]
+1 to finishing early :)
20:07:12 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:07:19 [aaronpk]
reviewing past action items
20:07:22 [tantek]
who just joined?
20:07:27 [akuckartz]
me
20:07:45 [tantek]
zakim, ??P4 is akuckartz
20:07:45 [Zakim]
+akuckartz; got it
20:07:45 [aaronpk]
as of this afternoon, jasnell has collected the list of contributors to AS 2.0 from the mailing list and is tryign to nail down the contributions
20:07:50 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:07:58 [tantek]
who just joined?
20:08:10 [rhiaro]
I might have joined but I can't hear anything
20:08:21 [caseorga_]
caseorga_ has joined #social
20:08:29 [aaronpk]
there was work from james to get forms for the non-w3c contributors btu that's going to take another week
20:08:32 [tantek]
zakim, caseorganic is in aabb
20:08:32 [Zakim]
sorry, tantek, I do not recognize a party named 'aabb'
20:08:40 [tantek]
zakim, caseorganic is with aaronpk
20:08:40 [Zakim]
+caseorganic; got it
20:08:55 [tommorris]
I try and dial it from Skype and just get "Call ended – invalid phone number"
20:09:09 [aaronpk]
additional past action items: there is a page on the wiki so that you can show up correctly in the IRC logs
20:09:20 [aaronpk]
take a few minutes to add yourself to the irc people page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/IRC-people
20:09:20 [akuckartz]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/IRC-people
20:09:47 [aaronpk]
open survey to find a permanent meeting time
20:10:03 [aaronpk]
we had set a goal last week for the chairs to pick a day last friday
20:10:15 [Zakim]
-??P5
20:10:18 [Zakim]
+??P6
20:10:28 [Zakim]
-??P6
20:10:31 [aaronpk]
tuesday 3pm UTC (8am pacific, 11am eastern). the issue is it's a little early for pacific timezones
20:10:45 [aaronpk]
the next best time is Monday at 10am
20:10:53 [aaronpk]
or tuesday at 10am (current regular time)
20:11:03 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:11:04 [tantek]
(correction: current regular time is 1pm Pacific)
20:11:07 [tantek]
who just joined?
20:11:17 [ShaneHudson]
I'm attempting to, can't hear anything though
20:11:22 [Zakim]
+??P6
20:11:25 [aaronpk]
if we want to have our first official telcon next week we need to send out the notice 7 days in advance
20:11:31 [rhiaro]
Zakim, ??P6 is me
20:11:31 [Zakim]
+rhiaro; got it
20:11:54 [aaronpk]
major concern was making sure all the chairs could make it. arnout and evan are east coast US time
20:12:45 [ShaneHudson]
Ok I am in, not sure what number I am though
20:12:58 [aaronpk]
tantek can make tuesday at 10am. monday at 10am only if we can have a consistently shorter meeting time (45 minutes)
20:13:00 [evanpro]
Arnaud: can you do Monday at 10AM?
20:14:18 [tommorris]
anyone know why calling +16177616200 from Skype is giving me "invalid phone number"?
20:14:28 [aaronpk]
tuesday at 10am pacific is the current best option
20:15:10 [aaronpk]
1am eastern, 5pm UTC
20:15:14 [evanpro]
We'll do our official conference calls at 5PM UTC
20:15:16 [tantek]
s/1am/1pm
20:15:17 [Loqi]
tantek meant to say: who just joined?
20:15:21 [shepazu]
(I won't be able to join those calls, because I have a conflict, but I understand it's hard to find a good time)
20:15:21 [aaronpk]
thanks tantek
20:15:36 [ShaneHudson]
I think that should be fine for me
20:15:52 [aaronpk]
closed issue with official meeting time is now: 5pm UTC, 1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific
20:16:05 [aaronpk]
ACTION for evanpro send out an official invite for the new meeting time
20:16:05 [trackbot]
Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.
20:16:29 [aaronpk]
new business
20:16:44 [aaronpk]
any new completed applications submitted? evanpro hasn't seen any new applications yet
20:17:46 [aaronpk]
evanpro was going to go through the list of current w3c members to find organizations actively working on social software or have a strong interaction with social software. has a list he will post on the wiki this afternoon
20:18:01 [aaronpk]
goal is to go through whatever official channels exist to solicit participation from those companies
20:18:12 [aaronpk]
would appreciate if anyone else would look at the members list
20:18:21 [aaronpk]
to review and/or add new people
20:18:33 [evanpro]
Zakim: q?
20:18:44 [tantek]
http://socialwg.indiewebcamp.com/irc/social/2014-08-19 is looking great
20:19:21 [aaronpk]
new business from evanpro: first official telcon next week. anything else we need to do to prepare for that?
20:19:27 [Zakim]
+??P7
20:19:28 [aaronpk]
...edit the schedule on the wiki
20:19:32 [tantek]
who just joined?
20:19:32 [tommorris]
P7 == me
20:19:45 [tantek]
zakim, ??P7 is tommorris
20:19:45 [Zakim]
+tommorris; got it
20:19:52 [aaronpk]
chair for next week?
20:20:17 [aaronpk]
Arnaud unless he can't make it, then tantek is backup chair
20:20:28 [aaronpk]
scribe for next week?
20:20:46 [aaronpk]
so far it's worked pretty well picking a scribe at the start of the meeting
20:21:07 [tantek]
q+ to note IndieWebCampUK is coming up in September
20:21:10 [akuckartz]
akuckartz has joined #social
20:21:14 [evanpro]
q?
20:21:22 [evanpro]
q-
20:21:33 [evanpro]
Zakim: ack tantek
20:21:39 [aaronpk]
tantek: quick note that IndieWebCamp UK in Brighton is coming up on the 6th-7th of September
20:21:40 [tantek]
http://indiewebcamp.com/2014/UK
20:21:47 [tantek]
2014-09-06..07
20:22:11 [aaronpk]
tommorris says it's great fun, you should come :)
20:22:18 [tommorris]
tommorris is right. ;-)
20:22:34 [Loqi]
*sniff*
20:22:55 [tantek]
thanks evanpro for running a quick & efficient meeting!
20:23:00 [aaronpk]
meeting adjourned
20:23:06 [akuckartz]
bye!
20:23:07 [Zakim]
-aaronpk
20:23:08 [Zakim]
-Doug_Schepers
20:23:08 [Zakim]
-evanpro
20:23:09 [Zakim]
-tommorris
20:23:12 [Zakim]
-rhiaro
20:23:13 [Zakim]
-tantek
20:23:15 [Zakim]
-??P5
20:23:29 [ShaneHudson]
Ah, I was P5
20:23:39 [aaronpk]
Zakim, ??P5 is ShaneHudson
20:23:39 [Zakim]
I already had ??P5 as ??P5, aaronpk
20:23:45 [aaronpk]
heh
20:23:49 [ShaneHudson]
Hah oh well
20:24:52 [AdamB]
AdamB has joined #social
20:24:53 [tantek]
scribenick: none
20:25:49 [tantek]
RRSAgent, publish minutes
20:25:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/08/19-social-minutes.html tantek
20:25:55 [tantek]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:26:16 [MattMarum]
MattMarum has joined #social
20:27:32 [MattMarum]
Joining late, lurking. Have conflicts.
20:29:08 [Shane]
Shane has joined #social
20:29:13 [caseorganic]
caseorganic has joined #social
20:29:30 [KevinMarks]
KevinMarks has joined #social
20:30:26 [caseorga_]
caseorga_ has joined #social
20:34:51 [Arnaud]
Arnaud has joined #social
20:36:52 [deiu]
deiu has joined #social
20:45:34 [evanpro]
Well done!
20:46:24 [deiu]
Quick bit of trivia: Today, 19 August, marks the anniversary of Tim Berners-Lee releasing the WWW code to the public. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/alt.hypertext/eCTkkOoWTAY/ueoCO0-k7NgJ
20:56:51 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
20:58:23 [bblfish_]
bblfish_ has joined #social
20:58:56 [barnabywalters]
barnabywalters has joined #social
21:05:00 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, akuckartz, in Team_(social)20:00Z
21:05:01 [Zakim]
Team_(social)20:00Z has ended
21:05:01 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.514.525.aaaa, +1.503.342.aabb, Doug_Schepers, +1.514.525.aacc, tantek, aaronpk, evanpro, akuckartz, caseorganic, rhiaro, tommorris
21:05:38 [nicolagreco_]
nicolagreco_ has joined #social
21:05:55 [tantek]
RRSAgent, publish minutes
21:05:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/08/19-social-minutes.html tantek
21:06:00 [tantek]
RRSAgent, make logs public
21:06:12 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
21:06:26 [tantek]
hmmm - thought that would update the minutes but apparently not
21:07:12 [grantmacken]
grantmacken has joined #social
21:08:13 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
21:13:48 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
21:13:49 [grantmacken]
grantmacken has joined #social
21:28:49 [harry]
harry has joined #social
21:28:53 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
21:29:04 [harry]
RRSAgent, create minutes
21:29:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/08/19-social-minutes.html harry
21:32:06 [bblfish]
bblfish has joined #social
21:33:06 [nicolagreco_]
nicolagreco_ has joined #social
21:48:33 [tantek]
harry looks like scribenick:none terminated the minutes?
21:50:06 [tantek]
harry see: http://socialwg.indiewebcamp.com/irc/social/2014-08-19#t1408478583308 and onward
21:52:25 [tantek]
tantek has joined #social
21:57:44 [bblfish]
bblfish has joined #social
22:19:47 [tantek]
tantek has joined #social
22:23:30 [bblfish]
bblfish has joined #social
22:30:56 [tantek]
tantek has joined #social
22:37:22 [Arnaud1]
Arnaud1 has joined #social
23:02:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #social
23:27:29 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social
23:36:21 [nicolagreco]
nicolagreco has joined #social