IRC log of tt on 2014-08-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:58:14 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tt
13:58:14 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/08/07-tt-irc
13:58:16 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:58:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tt
13:58:18 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be TTML
13:58:18 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SYMM_TTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
13:58:19 [trackbot]
Meeting: Timed Text Working Group Teleconference
13:58:19 [trackbot]
Date: 07 August 2014
13:59:19 [Zakim]
SYMM_TTWG()10:00AM has now started
13:59:25 [jdsmith]
jdsmith has joined #tt
13:59:28 [Zakim]
+jdsmith
13:59:37 [Zakim]
+nigel
13:59:55 [nigel]
chair: nigel
14:00:28 [nigel]
Present: jdsmith, nigel
14:02:17 [atai]
atai has joined #tt
14:02:25 [nigel]
Regrets: pal, courtney
14:02:59 [Zakim]
+Andreas
14:03:07 [nigel]
Present+ Andreas
14:04:57 [nigel]
scribeNick: nigel
14:05:07 [nigel]
Topic: This meeting
14:06:10 [nigel]
No AOBs to notify
14:06:17 [nigel]
Topic: Geneva F2F September
14:06:26 [nigel]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34314/TTWG_Geneva_F2F_Planning/results
14:09:27 [nigel]
nigel: If we have a small number of WebVTT experts present then I will make the agenda reflect the interests of those present.
14:10:29 [nigel]
... I'm willing to take suggestions on how best to arrange the agenda.
14:11:56 [nigel]
nigel: The TPAC registration form has not been updated for our Tuesday meeting yet - I know tmichel and plh are on the case.
14:13:08 [nigel]
Topic: Action Items
14:13:13 [nigel]
action-310?
14:13:14 [trackbot]
action-310 -- Nigel Megitt to Follow up with staff re andreas's membership status -- due 2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:13:14 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/310
14:13:51 [nigel]
nigel: I pinged tmichel and plh and tmichel responded - still in progress
14:14:53 [nigel]
andreas: I plan to attend Geneva, so hopefully my membership will have been processed by then!
14:15:07 [nigel]
close action-310
14:15:07 [trackbot]
Closed action-310.
14:15:20 [nigel]
action-312?
14:15:20 [trackbot]
action-312 -- Glenn Adams to Add ednote to ttml2 about timing computation on out-of-line animations w.r.t. their referring element(s) -- due 2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:15:20 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/312
14:15:54 [nigel]
action-314?
14:15:54 [trackbot]
action-314 -- Nigel Megitt to Raise an issue on imsc1 for an advisory note on forceddisplay and region backgrounds. -- due 2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:15:54 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/314
14:16:15 [nigel]
nigel: I created Issue-331 for this.
14:16:21 [nigel]
close action-314
14:16:22 [trackbot]
Closed action-314.
14:16:29 [nigel]
action-315?
14:16:29 [trackbot]
action-315 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Change "informative" to "not normative" everywhere in imsc 1 -- due 2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:16:29 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/315
14:16:50 [nigel]
close action-315
14:16:50 [trackbot]
Closed action-315.
14:16:59 [nigel]
action-316?
14:16:59 [trackbot]
action-316 -- Glenn Adams to Define temporally active region in ttml1 for issue-314. -- due 2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:16:59 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/316
14:17:40 [nigel]
close action-316
14:17:40 [trackbot]
Closed action-316.
14:17:46 [nigel]
action-317?
14:17:46 [trackbot]
action-317 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Create a link from presentation processor in imsc 1 to the definition in ยง2.2 of ttml 1 se. -- due 2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:17:46 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/317
14:18:28 [nigel]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml-ww-profiles/ttml-ww-profiles.html
14:19:01 [nigel]
close action-317
14:19:01 [trackbot]
Closed action-317.
14:19:05 [nigel]
action-318?
14:19:05 [trackbot]
action-318 -- Nigel Megitt to Draft note wording for imsc conformance to disambiguate vs ttml presentation processor conformance and dfxp profile requirement. -- due 2014-08-07 -- PENDINGREVIEW
14:19:05 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/318
14:20:28 [nigel]
close action-318
14:20:28 [trackbot]
Closed action-318.
14:22:46 [nigel]
nigel: I haven't had a response from mike dolan re his attendance and actions.
14:22:51 [nigel]
action-309?
14:22:51 [trackbot]
action-309 -- Nigel Megitt to Propose a timeline for ttml 2 fpwd -- due 2014-07-31 -- OPEN
14:22:51 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/309
14:24:05 [nigel]
nigel: I've updated the due date on this one, putting it back by a week.
14:24:12 [nigel]
Topic: Issues Pending Review
14:24:40 [nigel]
issue-314
14:24:40 [trackbot]
issue-314 -- Temporally active is not defined for regions -- pending review
14:24:40 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/314
14:27:37 [nigel]
issue-314: The fix has a typo - the term Temporally Active Region is mislabelled as 'Temporally Active'.
14:27:37 [trackbot]
Notes added to issue-314 Temporally active is not defined for regions.
14:28:21 [nigel]
reopen issue-314
14:28:22 [trackbot]
Re-opened issue-314.
14:28:30 [nigel]
issue-331?
14:28:30 [trackbot]
issue-331 -- An advisory note on the use of backgrounds on regions in combination with forcedDisplay -- pending review
14:28:30 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/331
14:29:37 [nigel]
close issue-331
14:29:38 [trackbot]
Closed issue-331.
14:29:53 [nigel]
topic: Issues Raised
14:30:01 [nigel]
issue-332?
14:30:01 [trackbot]
issue-332 -- #cellResolution support -- raised
14:30:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332
14:31:38 [nigel]
nigel: I've opened this issue.
14:32:58 [nigel]
issue-288?
14:32:58 [trackbot]
issue-288 -- Rules for splitting and accumulating documents -- open
14:32:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/288
14:33:19 [nigel]
nigel: I've updated Change Proposal 25 in relation to issue-288.
14:33:44 [nigel]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025#Summary
14:37:17 [nigel]
nigel: I've proposed an addition to the previous work, to allow TTML documents with identifiers on elements to be combined with specified rules for uniqueness across the group.
14:37:34 [nigel]
... This is at the syntactic level using knowledge of TTML, i.e. it's not a generalisable XML approach.
14:38:02 [nigel]
... For example identified descendants of <head> must remain identical across the set, to a deep level excepting metadata,
14:38:26 [nigel]
... whereas identified descendants of <body> can be combined additively and therefore don't require strict identity.
14:39:30 [nigel]
topic: Change Proposals
14:40:33 [nigel]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001
14:40:49 [nigel]
nigel: Is CP1 dealt with by the animation proposals?
14:41:18 [nigel]
jdsmith: I think this has been implemented - I'll confirm offline.
14:42:00 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #tt
14:43:45 [Zakim]
-jdsmith
14:43:46 [Zakim]
-Andreas
14:43:46 [nigel]
nigel: Meeting adjourned
14:43:53 [nigel]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:43:58 [nigel]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:43:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/08/07-tt-minutes.html nigel
14:44:06 [Zakim]
-nigel
14:44:07 [Zakim]
SYMM_TTWG()10:00AM has ended
14:44:07 [Zakim]
Attendees were jdsmith, nigel, Andreas
14:48:28 [Zakim]
SYMM_TTWG()10:00AM has now started
14:48:35 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:48:39 [Zakim]
-??P1
14:48:40 [Zakim]
SYMM_TTWG()10:00AM has ended
14:48:40 [Zakim]
Attendees were
14:56:10 [glenn]
glenn has joined #tt
15:40:48 [tm]
tm has joined #tt
15:56:55 [glenn]
glenn has joined #tt
16:08:26 [glenn]
glenn has joined #tt
16:09:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tt
16:09:27 [glenn]
glenn has joined #tt
17:30:01 [glenn_]
glenn_ has joined #tt
17:42:02 [glenn]
glenn has joined #tt
17:48:39 [glenn_]
glenn_ has joined #tt
17:57:50 [glenn]
glenn has joined #tt
18:02:21 [glenn_]
glenn_ has joined #tt
18:13:04 [glenn]
glenn has joined #tt
18:51:50 [glenn_]
glenn_ has joined #tt
20:45:55 [glenn]
glenn has joined #tt
21:39:59 [glenn_]
glenn_ has joined #tt