IRC log of ld4lt on 2014-07-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:58:57 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ld4lt
12:58:57 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/07/03-ld4lt-irc
12:59:02 [fsasaki]
meeting: LD4LT
12:59:05 [fsasaki]
chair: Dave
12:59:14 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jul/0002.html
12:59:37 [Renat]
Renat has joined #ld4lt
12:59:48 [Renat]
present+ renat
13:00:52 [daveL]
daveL has joined #ld4lt
13:00:56 [Ali_h_vahid_]
Ali_h_vahid_ has joined #ld4lt
13:01:20 [daveL]
present+ DaveLewis
13:02:04 [daveL]
for those on IRC the goto address is: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/360074461
13:02:19 [daveL]
Chair: Dave Lewis
13:02:41 [daveL]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:02:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/07/03-ld4lt-minutes.html daveL
13:02:45 [jgracia]
jgracia has joined #ld4lt
13:02:54 [fsasaki]
present+ felix
13:03:06 [jgracia]
present+ jorge
13:03:27 [daveL]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jul/0002.html
13:03:35 [fsasaki]
scribe: fsasaki
13:04:29 [fsasaki]
present+ Ali, roberto
13:04:36 [rnavigli_]
rnavigli_ has joined #ld4lt
13:04:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/07/03-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
13:05:27 [rnavigli_]
present+ navigli
13:05:43 [TizianoFlati]
TizianoFlati has joined #ld4lt
13:05:44 [TizianoFlati]
+present
13:05:47 [pennyl]
pennyl has joined #ld4lt
13:05:51 [fsasaki]
present- roberto
13:05:56 [fsasaki]
present+ pennyl
13:06:00 [daveL]
topic: agenda
13:06:02 [daveL]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jul/0002.html
13:06:45 [Ali_h_vahid_]
present+ali_h_vahid
13:06:54 [fsasaki]
present- Ali
13:06:57 [fsasaki]
dave reviews agenda
13:07:40 [daveL]
topic: action items
13:07:56 [fsasaki]
action-5?
13:07:56 [trackbot]
action-5 -- Víctor Rodríguez-Doncel to proposal for a license modue -- due 2014-06-19 -- OPEN
13:07:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/track/actions/5
13:07:58 [daveL]
ACTION-5: proposal for a license module - Victor https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/track/actions/5
13:07:58 [trackbot]
Notes added to ACTION-5 proposal for a license modue.
13:08:15 [fsasaki]
dave: got mail from victor, he is working on it
13:08:27 [fsasaki]
jorge: he cannot be on the call today
13:08:34 [fsasaki]
.. he did initial analysis
13:08:37 [jgracia]
https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/Licensing_information
13:08:42 [fsasaki]
jorge: see above link
13:08:55 [fsasaki]
.. the same section in which we are discussion the meta-share stuff
13:09:06 [fsasaki]
dave: great, we come back to this when discussing meta-share
13:09:17 [fsasaki]
jorge: better for victor to introduce it when he is present
13:09:29 [fsasaki]
.. in the meantime you can look at it and send feedback
13:09:43 [fsasaki]
dave: ok, so guys can look at it and send feedback before next call
13:09:48 [fsasaki]
action-6?
13:09:49 [trackbot]
action-6 -- John McCrae to Send examples related to DCAT use for META-SHARE ontology -- due 2014-06-19 -- OPEN
13:09:49 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/track/actions/6
13:09:57 [daveL]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jun/0012.html
13:10:01 [fsasaki]
dave: done, see above mail
13:10:11 [daveL]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jun/att-0012/dbpedia.datahub.rdf
13:10:43 [fsasaki]
dave: and the RDF attachment. The rdf is an example of dcat, for a dbpedia datasest
13:10:50 [fsasaki]
s/datasest/dataset/
13:11:09 [fsasaki]
dave: john not on the call, we will come back to that when looking at meta-share ontology. thanks to john for that
13:11:18 [fsasaki]
jorge: about the dcat file:
13:11:32 [fsasaki]
.. this is file that datahub automatically generated when you document a dataset on it
13:11:44 [fsasaki]
.. you add some metadata information in a form
13:11:52 [fsasaki]
.. and the system generates the nice RDF
13:12:04 [fsasaki]
.. I did not fully get what the purpose of John mentioning this was
13:12:20 [fsasaki]
.. for me there are two aspects: meta-share model is information specific for language resources
13:12:23 [fsasaki]
.. type, size, ...
13:12:33 [fsasaki]
.. language, whether it is multilingual or not, ...
13:12:44 [fsasaki]
.. dcat information is general for describing a data set
13:13:00 [fsasaki]
.. for documenting it - so these are two different aspects
13:13:07 [fsasaki]
dave: I think there is a bit overlap
13:13:25 [fsasaki]
.. e.g. who created a resource - there are things that map between the two
13:13:38 [fsasaki]
.. we can look at meta-share ontology and see: where is the ontology
13:13:47 [fsasaki]
.. what makes sense to be in a dcat-profile
13:13:50 [fsasaki]
jorge: agree
13:14:11 [fsasaki]
.. we have to keep in mind that things can be easily described by dcat
13:14:33 [fsasaki]
dave: if you want a meta-share node and return the information in dcat - would it return meta-share specific triples as well?
13:14:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/07/03-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
13:15:40 [fsasaki]
jorge: it can work in both directions
13:15:56 [fsasaki]
.. in dcat description you can put not the meta-share stuff but a pointer to a meta-share description
13:16:01 [fsasaki]
.. the datahub description is generic
13:16:17 [fsasaki]
.. maybe on top of it one can add pointers to additional descriptions based on meta-share
13:16:24 [fsasaki]
.. for me it could work on both directions
13:16:31 [daveL]
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/dcat_application_profile/description
13:16:47 [pennyl]
pennyl has joined #ld4lt
13:17:02 [fsasaki]
dave: this is ISA activity presented at an EU information day
13:17:11 [fsasaki]
.. they had been doing work on profiling dcat
13:17:21 [fsasaki]
.. saying: what do we need for various applications
13:17:36 [fsasaki]
.. there may be clues to look into detail
13:17:53 [fsasaki]
action: daveL to look into ISA work related to dcat profiles and report back
13:17:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-8 - Look into isa work related to dcat profiles and report back [on David Lewis - due 2014-07-10].
13:18:11 [fsasaki]
dave: that is what they do: look into existing schema and aligning that as a dcat profile
13:18:30 [fsasaki]
action-7?
13:18:30 [trackbot]
action-7 -- Felix Sasaki to Check with w3c groups if there are other approches to represent languages as uris -- due 2014-06-19 -- OPEN
13:18:30 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/track/actions/7
13:18:56 [fsasaki]
https://tke2014.coreon.com/workshop
13:18:57 [daveL]
felix: asked w3c internally, but awaiting response
13:19:18 [daveL]
... additionally on terminology workshop related to language codes, not URI specific.
13:20:12 [daveL]
... asking if there should be a canonical approach to representing language or script codes as URIs
13:21:12 [fsasaki]
topic: update on terminology issue from Felix and perhaps Phillip
13:21:20 [daveL]
topic: terminology management topic
13:21:24 [fsasaki]
https://tke2014.coreon.com/program
13:21:55 [daveL]
felix: this terminology conf had various presentations about ontologies and rdf
13:22:04 [fsasaki]
"TBX between Termbases and Ontologies"
13:22:14 [fsasaki]
"Detlef Reineke: Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria"
13:22:17 [daveL]
... in terms of standardisation thre was a presentation from the relevant ISO committee
13:22:25 [daveL]
... on RDF conversion of TBX
13:22:51 [daveL]
... this was a syntactic conversion, but feedback was that this was not so useful
13:23:06 [fsasaki]
"Dagmar Gromann: Vienna University of Business and Economics"
13:23:19 [daveL]
... but instead this needed a mapping into an exisitng RDF model, like lime or lemon
13:23:40 [daveL]
felix: encouraged dagmar to bring her work on this to the group
13:24:06 [daveL]
... but this still need discussion on what model in rdf should be the target of RDF
13:24:23 [daveL]
... and how much should be taken up by this ISO TBX committee
13:24:51 [daveL]
... but this isn't a priority for them, so better for us to see what works first
13:25:02 [daveL]
... arle lommel is also on the committee
13:25:26 [daveL]
felix: arle is a member through his us associations
13:26:47 [pennyl]
pennyl has joined #ld4lt
13:26:49 [daveL]
felix: one more point is that the IATA termbase will be made public and perhaps mapped into linked data
13:27:00 [Arle]
Arle has joined #ld4lt
13:27:59 [fsasaki]
arle: would be interesting to see what is going on here
13:28:18 [fsasaki]
.. so at the moment a matter of interest
13:28:24 [Arle]
present+ Arle
13:28:46 [fsasaki]
felix: so no work item to standardized rdf in tbx?
13:28:48 [fsasaki]
arle: not yet at least
13:29:16 [fsasaki]
topic: MQM
13:29:18 [daveL]
Topic: MQM
13:29:21 [daveL]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jul/0001.html
13:29:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/07/03-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
13:29:29 [fsasaki]
s/topic: MQM//
13:29:39 [fsasaki]
dave: had a separate conversion we had in ITS IG
13:29:50 [fsasaki]
.. the work is going on in QTLP project - nearly finished
13:29:58 [fsasaki]
arle: project is finished as of Tuesday
13:30:14 [fsasaki]
dave: a broad taxonomy of different quality metrics that are state of the art in translation business
13:30:30 [fsasaki]
.. issues to do with monolingual quality as well
13:30:39 [fsasaki]
.. we discussed whether mapping that to RDF may be interesting
13:31:08 [fsasaki]
.. e.g. could also help to extend MQM with metrics easily
13:32:07 [fsasaki]
.. provide feedback from a user who has spotted issues
13:32:21 [fsasaki]
.. that could be done with MQM
13:32:41 [daveL]
http://www.qt21.eu/mqm-definition/definition-2014-06-04.html
13:32:51 [fsasaki]
.. we would like to do the same like we did with meta-share: how to work on best practices of data modeling with current mqm schema
13:33:15 [fsasaki]
dave: arle was very interested in this
13:33:28 [fsasaki]
.. arle, felix and I may have interest - maybe also from others?
13:33:41 [fsasaki]
.. MQM could provide detailed feedback on quality of language resources
13:33:53 [fsasaki]
arle: felix had talked to me to move default representation into an RDF direction
13:34:05 [fsasaki]
.. that could make it more useful in our environment
13:34:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/07/03-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
13:34:50 [fsasaki]
roberto: for babelnet this is very, very relevant
13:35:00 [fsasaki]
.. any kind of feedback is helpful
13:35:08 [fsasaki]
.. the more informative, the better it is
13:35:16 [fsasaki]
.. that is a very good addition
13:35:35 [fsasaki]
arle: seeing how you want to use it would help us to see how you want to extend it
13:35:46 [fsasaki]
roberto: we had thought about validation, quality feedback etc.
13:35:58 [fsasaki]
.. after dave had pointed MQM out we started thinking about it
13:36:06 [fsasaki]
present+ tiziano
13:36:21 [fsasaki]
roberto: we could work actively on this - to see what we need, given what is avail.
13:37:06 [fsasaki]
felix: if you need help with initial RDF conversion let me know
13:37:35 [fsasaki]
dave: would a spreadsheet be better?
13:37:41 [fsasaki]
felix: actually you are right
13:38:04 [fsasaki]
dave: is there a broader user community who would be interested?
13:38:10 [fsasaki]
arle: we are starting to see uptake
13:39:03 [fsasaki]
dave: would be great to bring those people with us
13:39:14 [fsasaki]
.. we want to do it in a way that is appealing to those people
13:39:38 [fsasaki]
arle: if people are doing implementation in RDF it already goes into that direction
13:40:01 [fsasaki]
dave: they have a tool that exploits RDF, so using MQM in RDF may be easy for them
13:40:09 [fsasaki]
dave: we will start this as an issue
13:40:15 [fsasaki]
.. an mqm2rdf mapping
13:40:52 [fsasaki]
s/issue/product/
13:41:23 [fsasaki]
arle: announce it after the summer break may make sense
13:41:24 [fsasaki]
dave: ok
13:41:35 [fsasaki]
topic: open data mgmt
13:41:50 [fsasaki]
dave: people are getting interested, but not skipping this for today
13:41:53 [Arle]
s/announce it after the summer break may make sense/it might make sense to announce it soon but start work after the summer break
13:41:56 [fsasaki]
topic: meta-share ontology
13:42:01 [daveL]
https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/Meta-Share_OWL_metamodel
13:42:14 [daveL]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15SE4_qAqYFostmD52uKxpkCPZh1f5TrPeoXKNTlDYpQ/edit#gid=525162452
13:42:50 [fsasaki]
jorge: no new work from my side - victor continued with licensing stuff
13:43:04 [daveL]
https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/Licensing_information
13:43:20 [fsasaki]
.. you could look at the wikipage and confirm some design decisions next telco
13:43:46 [fsasaki]
.. one remark, martha asked me to do. In this spreadsheet, let's try to keep meta-share original element and the new stuff
13:44:01 [fsasaki]
.. in that way it will be much easier to update the conversion scripts for meta-data
13:44:24 [fsasaki]
.. so for everybody, working with this, let's try to keep the original information, the new information could be a new column
13:44:31 [fsasaki]
.. if you change the name, add a new column with the name
13:44:38 [fsasaki]
s/the name/the new name/
13:44:53 [fsasaki]
dave: first columns - name, description, subclass, ...
13:45:10 [fsasaki]
jorge: the first 5 columsn are from martha as is - we could just copy them
13:45:32 [fsasaki]
.. we can hide the previous column once we have new information
13:45:46 [fsasaki]
.. and then martha or other can expand the columns when they need it
13:46:46 [fsasaki]
dave: new column could be "mapped name, label, description, ..." - does that make sense?
13:47:07 [fsasaki]
jorge: not sure - mapped means we are alignming this
13:47:14 [fsasaki]
dave: agree - so "new name"?
13:47:26 [fsasaki]
jorge: agree - so "new name", I will implement this
13:48:05 [fsasaki]
penny: one could also let the columns column - when something is decided, keep the information why we did that
13:48:21 [fsasaki]
.. if we keep the new name and the old name, have in some way the justification of the change
13:48:23 [fsasaki]
dave: good idea
13:48:51 [fsasaki]
jorge: so add another column for justification?
13:49:00 [fsasaki]
penny: yes - when s.t. has been decided so that you know why
13:49:08 [jgracia]
action: jgracia to implement changes in metashare spreadsheet
13:49:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-9 - Implement changes in metashare spreadsheet [on Jorge Gracia - due 2014-07-10].
13:49:18 [fsasaki]
jorge: agree
13:49:54 [fsasaki]
.. I will add a new column for this and will take a look to propose external vocabularies that could be used
13:50:05 [fsasaki]
dave: if there are parts of the model that are fine, we can say that as well
13:50:17 [fsasaki]
.. e.g. "corpus" is perfect - so we could say "we keep that the same"
13:50:29 [fsasaki]
.. it is more things like "language code", "document", "license" ...
13:50:35 [fsasaki]
.. these overlap
13:51:03 [fsasaki]
jorge: I'll take a look including over vocabularies
13:52:40 [jgracia]
action: jgracia to identify some external vocabularies to use in MS
13:52:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-10 - Identify some external vocabularies to use in ms [on Jorge Gracia - due 2014-07-10].
13:53:48 [fsasaki]
felix: short update on clarin - may need more thougths on how to move that forward just because of timing constraints on the clarin side
13:56:24 [fsasaki]
dave: will discuss aspects of this with asun
13:56:27 [fsasaki]
topic: aob
13:56:56 [fsasaki]
dave: next meeting in two weeks
13:57:14 [Ali_h_vahid_]
For mqm2rdf mapping maybe some tools like this can be useful: http://www2.cs.uni-paderborn.de/cs/kindler/Forschung/EPCTools/
13:57:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/07/03-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
13:58:31 [fsasaki]
[discussion on what approach to use for MQM conversion]
13:58:52 [fsasaki]
dave: thanks to all, meet again in two weeks, same time!
13:58:54 [fsasaki]
adjourned
13:58:57 [Renat]
Renat has left #ld4lt
13:59:04 [daveL]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:59:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/07/03-ld4lt-minutes.html daveL
14:01:00 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has left #ld4lt