IRC log of ld4lt on 2014-06-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:48:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ld4lt
12:48:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-irc
12:48:43 [fsasaki]
meeting: LD4LT CG
12:48:47 [fsasaki]
chair: Dave
12:49:05 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jun/0004.html
12:49:23 [kevinK]
kevinK has joined #ld4lt
12:49:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ld4lt
12:50:03 [fsasaki]
topic: roll call
12:50:06 [kevinK]
scribe: kevinK
12:50:09 [fsasaki]
checking attendees ...
12:53:24 [daveL]
daveL has joined #ld4lt
12:54:21 [GaryLefman]
GaryLefman has joined #ld4lt
12:55:19 [daveL]
trackbot-ng, start telcon
12:55:21 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs 385
12:55:23 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
12:55:23 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
12:55:24 [trackbot]
Meeting: Linked Data for Language Technology Community Group Teleconference
12:55:24 [trackbot]
Date: 12 June 2014
12:55:49 [daveL]
Meeting: LD4LT Phone call 13.00 UTC 12 june 2014
12:56:30 [daveL]
chair: dave lewis
12:57:12 [daveL]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jun/0004.html
12:58:24 [flati]
flati has joined #ld4lt
12:58:36 [daveL]
present+ DaveLewis
12:58:51 [GaryLefman]
present+ Gary Lefman
12:58:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
12:58:58 [flati]
present+ TizianoFlati
12:58:59 [kevinK]
present+ kevinkoidl
12:59:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
12:59:17 [fsasaki]
present+ fsasaki
12:59:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
12:59:40 [Georgios_Petasis]
Georgios_Petasis has joined #ld4lt
12:59:50 [jgracia]
jgracia has joined #ld4lt
13:00:13 [kevinK]
topic: discuss agenda
13:00:19 [daveL]
scribe: kevin
13:00:29 [fsasaki]
present+ jgracia, roberto
13:01:18 [fsasaki]
present+ Georgios_petasis
13:01:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
13:02:01 [daveL]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ld4lt/2014Jun/0004.html
13:02:05 [kevinK]
davelewis: presenting the agenda
13:02:26 [kevinK]
daveL: presenting the agenda
13:03:32 [daveL]
topic: reviewing action items
13:04:12 [daveL]
http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/track/
13:04:41 [daveL]
ACTION-1: release initial use cases and requirements report
13:04:41 [trackbot]
Notes added to ACTION-1 release initial use cases and requirements report.
13:04:56 [rnavigli]
rnavigli has joined #ld4lt
13:05:22 [daveL]
https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/Seed_Use_Cases
13:07:13 [daveL]
ACTION-2: Fill the gdocs with the current meta-share items
13:07:13 [trackbot]
Notes added to ACTION-2 Fill the gdocs with the current meta-share items.
13:07:39 [daveL]
ACTION-3: Send out information on architecture for converting (meta)data into rdf
13:07:39 [trackbot]
Notes added to ACTION-3 Send out information on architecture for converting (meta)data into rdf.
13:07:40 [kevinK]
daveL: discussing open actions
13:08:57 [fsasaki]
mail describing babelnet is in the BPMLOD list, I think: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpmlod/2014Jun/0005.html . Just FYI
13:09:12 [fsasaki]
doc is at https://docs.google.com/document/d/184C_AjY7_PYBSc8SnAFghGLyTo1v312N34dsP9QZokI/edit
13:12:13 [daveL]
ACTION-4: Set up doodle poll for call time
13:12:13 [trackbot]
Notes added to ACTION-4 Set up doodle poll for call time.
13:12:56 [daveL]
Topic: Reports on requirements and collaborations from LREC
13:13:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
13:14:14 [daveL]
contact: mapping of ISO data category registry into RDF in collaboration with CLARIN/ISOcat
13:16:54 [kevinK]
jgracia: ?? interested in working with the group to compare the metamodel into OWL and afterwords extract the similarity between the models (e.g. commmon minaml model)
13:18:22 [kevinK]
jgracia: clarifying that this doesn not involve ISOCAT
13:20:18 [kevinK]
daveL: Reporting notable LREC activities: Workshop on interoperability Services with the MLI project being an interest project which is running parallel to LIDER
13:20:19 [daveL]
http://mli-project.eu/
13:21:05 [kevinK]
daveL: MLI Projects goal is to connect Europe by supporting integration of EU based corpora
13:21:54 [kevinK]
daveL: Partners in MLI are DFKI and TIlde
13:22:28 [daveL]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Open_Data_Management_for_Public_Automated_Translation_Services
13:22:56 [fsasaki]
s/TIlde/Tilde/
13:23:16 [fsasaki]
s/??/Menzo/
13:23:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
13:24:08 [kevinK]
daveL: Lifecycles that are relavent and which seems to be discussed at LREC were: Content Lifecycles, Bi-Text as Data (eg MT) and Lexical Contexctual Resources (for example BabelneT)
13:25:12 [fsasaki]
present+ johnMcCrae, jideofor, serge, rnavigli
13:25:51 [kevinK]
daveL: Other topics were MT related taggers, tokenizers, dictionaries with different projects seeking/providing web API development
13:28:34 [daveL]
https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/LD4LT_Roadmapping_Workshop_Dublin_June14
13:28:44 [kevinK]
daveL: Reporting about Feiggskill workshop
13:29:08 [kevinK]
daveL: workshop identified the pull to have API for open access to data
13:30:09 [daveL]
s/Feiggskill/FEISGILTT
13:31:26 [kevinK]
fsasaki: Adding that license issues are important for industry. An option would be to include licence tags into RDF. Additional use cases might grow out of those workshops
13:32:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
13:33:26 [fsasaki]
s/Reports on requirements and collaborations from LREC/Reports on requirements and collaborations from LREC and on meetings + events related to LD4LT/
13:33:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
13:34:03 [daveL]
Topic: MetaShare ontology
13:34:08 [jgracia]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15SE4_qAqYFostmD52uKxpkCPZh1f5TrPeoXKNTlDYpQ/edit#gid=525162452
13:34:53 [Georgios_Petasis]
I am not involved in METASHARE, but I know their work
13:35:30 [Georgios_Petasis]
I am involved in CLARIN-EL though, where we are examining the METASHRE ontology
13:36:21 [kevinK]
daveL: jgracia reporting on Metashare activities. Mapping was conducted into gDoc to make it more readable (as OWL). Here the different vocabularies of the metamodel can be found.
13:38:43 [kevinK]
daveL: next stepts might be to identify more models
13:38:59 [kevinK]
daveL: next stepts might be to identify more models and to analyse the different vocabularies that can be used
13:41:30 [kevinK]
jgracia: The license model arrangment might be already in DC which would mean no new model has to be used
13:42:49 [fsasaki]
s/relavent/relevant/
13:44:30 [kevinK]
john: possibly introduce a tag ID (example from datahub)
13:44:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
13:48:25 [kevinK]
ACTION: The license model should be discussed in the next meeting
13:48:25 [trackbot]
Error finding 'The'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/track/users>.
13:50:36 [kevinK]
ACTION: John to send some examples
13:50:37 [trackbot]
'John' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., johnjudge, jmccrae).
13:50:51 [fsasaki]
http://www.fao.org/aims/aos/languagecode.owl#
13:50:58 [kevinK]
ACTION: jmccrae to send examples related to licenses
13:50:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-6 - Send examples related to licenses [on John McCrae - due 2014-06-19].
13:51:14 [jgracia]
I creaed an action https://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/track/actions/5 for the licenses module
13:54:54 [fsasaki]
action: felix to check with w3c groups if there are other approches to represent languages as URIs
13:54:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-7 - Check with w3c groups if there are other approches to represent languages as uris [on Felix Sasaki - due 2014-06-19].
13:56:19 [fsasaki]
dcat example here http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/#Property:catalog_language - john is right, I had missed this
13:57:05 [vrodriguez]
vrodriguez has joined #ld4lt
13:57:36 [vrodriguez]
I do apologize for (1) having arrived that late (2) having had problems with my mic.
13:57:42 [fsasaki]
present+ vroriguez
13:57:51 [vrodriguez]
I am glad of contributing to the license module of the metashare
13:58:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
14:00:52 [fsasaki]
topic: aob
14:00:57 [fsasaki]
adjourned
14:01:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-minutes.html fsasaki
14:06:24 [fsasaki]
rrsagent, bye
14:06:24 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-actions.rdf :
14:06:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: The license model should be discussed in the next meeting [1]
14:06:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-irc#T13-48-25
14:06:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: John to send some examples [2]
14:06:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-irc#T13-50-36
14:06:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jmccrae to send examples related to licenses [3]
14:06:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-irc#T13-50-58
14:06:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: felix to check with w3c groups if there are other approches to represent languages as URIs [4]
14:06:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-ld4lt-irc#T13-54-54
14:06:28 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has left #ld4lt