IRC log of dap on 2014-06-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:43:18 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:43:18 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-dap-irc
13:43:20 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:43:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:43:22 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:43:22 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 17 minutes
13:43:23 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
13:43:23 [trackbot]
Date: 12 June 2014
13:43:59 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0030.html
13:44:10 [fjh]
fjh has changed the topic to: dap 3279 ; agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0030.html
13:44:40 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick_Hirsch
13:44:44 [fjh]
Present+ Frederick_Hirsch
13:45:39 [fjh]
Agenda+ Cordova
13:46:43 [fjh]
Regrets+ Ilya_Bogdanovich
13:47:58 [mats]
did I miss where we were no longer doing alternating weeks?
13:57:13 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:57:20 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:57:23 [fjh]
zakim, ipcaller is me
13:57:23 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
13:57:31 [mats]
Present+ Mats_Wichmann
13:58:09 [Zakim]
+??P1
13:58:37 [mats]
Zakim, ??P1 is mats
13:58:37 [Zakim]
+mats; got it
14:01:15 [richt]
richt has joined #dap
14:01:25 [anssik]
anssik has joined #dap
14:01:26 [fjh]
ScribeNick: fjh
14:01:33 [Zakim]
+gmandyam
14:01:36 [fjh]
Topic: Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements
14:01:38 [anssik]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
14:01:46 [Zakim]
+??P16
14:01:50 [anssik]
zakim, ??P16 is me
14:01:50 [Zakim]
+anssik; got it
14:01:59 [LisaDeLuca_IBM]
LisaDeLuca_IBM has joined #dap
14:02:08 [gmandyam]
gmandyam has joined #dap
14:02:10 [Zakim]
+Lisa_DeLuca
14:02:24 [anssik]
zakim, who's on the call?
14:02:24 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, mats, gmandyam, anssik, Lisa_DeLuca
14:02:48 [LisaDeLuca_IBM]
reminder: Lisa's Apache Cordova update at the end of agenda
14:02:58 [marcosc_]
zakim, what's the passcode?
14:02:58 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3279 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), marcosc_
14:03:10 [fjh]
Present+ Giri_Mandyam
14:03:19 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:03:37 [richt]
Present+ Rich_Tibbett
14:03:46 [fjh]
Present+ Cathy_Chan, Lisa_DeLuca
14:04:04 [marcosc]
marcosc has joined #dap
14:04:04 [fjh]
zakim who is here?
14:04:09 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:04:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, mats, gmandyam, anssik, Lisa_DeLuca, richt
14:04:11 [Zakim]
On IRC I see marcosc, gmandyam, LisaDeLuca_IBM, anssik, richt, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, lgombos, mats, dom, mounir, slightlyoff, tobie_, Josh_Soref__, trackbot
14:04:28 [fjh]
s;zakim who is here?;;
14:04:30 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
14:04:48 [fjh]
Welcome to new group participants:
14:04:48 [fjh]
Ilya (Yandex) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0063.html
14:04:49 [fjh]
Yuan (Microsoft) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0062.html
14:04:50 [fjh]
Zhiqiang (intel), Mikio (Mitsubishi Electric) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0018.html
14:05:01 [Zakim]
+ +1.416.848.aaaa
14:05:18 [Zakim]
+ +1.857.300.aabb
14:05:23 [marcosc]
Zakim, aaaa is me
14:05:23 [Zakim]
+marcosc; got it
14:05:45 [fjh]
zakim, aabb is cathy
14:05:45 [Zakim]
+cathy; got it
14:05:53 [fjh]
Present+ Marcos
14:05:59 [Zakim]
+??P29
14:06:02 [dom]
Zakim, ??P29 is me
14:06:02 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
14:06:10 [fjh]
Publishing moratoria for end of 2014 : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0001.html
14:06:20 [fjh]
Topic: Minutes approval
14:06:29 [fjh]
Approve minutes from 15 May 2014
14:06:30 [fjh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/att-0022/minutes-2014-05-15.html
14:06:32 [dom]
Zakim, who's on the call?
14:06:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, mats, gmandyam, anssik, Lisa_DeLuca, richt, marcosc, cathy, dom
14:06:37 [fjh]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 15 May 2014 are approved
14:06:50 [fjh]
Topic: Vibration
14:07:00 [fjh]
Vibration API CfC: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0026.html
14:07:12 [fjh]
Plan to publish 19 June with LC End 25 July (5 weeks)
14:08:10 [Zakim]
-Lisa_DeLuca
14:08:36 [Zakim]
+Lisa_DeLuca
14:09:25 [Cathy]
Present+ Cathy_Chan
14:09:58 [fjh]
fjh: anssik we will need to prepare snapshots for publishing, including adding diffs, pubrules check, link check etc
14:10:06 [fjh]
fjh: need to give time for publication request
14:10:26 [fjh]
anssik: can do this by ET monday morning
14:10:28 [fjh]
fjh: great, thanks
14:10:49 [fjh]
fjh: all, if you haven’t looked at the various CfCs please do so, ends tomorrow
14:11:01 [fjh]
Topic: Light
14:11:10 [fjh]
Vibration API CfC: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0026.html
14:11:27 [fjh]
fjh: CfC on list ends tomorrow
14:11:33 [fjh]
fjh: no comments, so good to go
14:11:47 [fjh]
Topic: HTML Media Capture
14:11:58 [fjh]
HTML Media Capture CfC; http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0028.html
14:12:24 [fjh]
fjh: minor typo found by Cathy, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0056.html
14:12:34 [fjh]
fjh: other than that, no issues, so should be included
14:12:37 [fjh]
Topic: Battery
14:12:54 [fjh]
Battery CfC; http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0029.html
14:13:35 [fjh]
fjh: some editional proposed edits based on Tim’s comments: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0048.html
14:14:57 [fjh]
fjh: I also had comment on default
14:15:51 [fjh]
anssik: if unknown or unable to report values use default of full, eases development
14:16:26 [fjh]
anssik: before sync provided, always had to provide value, but now using promises, so if don’t know how, can not resolve promise
14:16:38 [fjh]
anssik: also had fingerprinting concern
14:17:13 [fjh]
anssik: if battery is full can do everything, if low cripple experience, so iif we don’t know use full battery so not to disable experience
14:17:27 [Zakim]
-cathy
14:17:42 [fjh]
fjh: we need a paragraph exlaining this model, reader would not know
14:17:52 [Zakim]
+Cathy
14:18:11 [fjh]
fjh: I don’t believe this one is ready for last call, need to let it settle, do you agree
14:18:23 [fjh]
anssik: yes, I think we need feedback from Tim
14:18:41 [gmandyam]
q+
14:19:32 [fjh]
marcos: the spec is probably good enough as it is
14:20:17 [fjh]
marcos: haven’t seen impact on performance, depends on implementation or hardware
14:21:16 [fjh]
gmandyam: firefox only doing what is in kernal, there is more that can be done, for example with qualcom extensions to the OS for example
14:21:36 [marcosc]
for example: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=890715
14:21:40 [fjh]
gmandyam: misleading, since there could be better
14:22:37 [Clarke]
Clarke has joined #dap
14:23:02 [gmandyam]
Will clarify: browser can implement a power monitor using non-kernel approaches, e.g. Intel's PMIC proposal in TPAC 2013
14:23:05 [gmandyam]
See https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1lpOlTtq93XtPCtZNsX00zmSJ6idO79I6SHkzMJKLUzU/edit#slide=id.g295cff55f_2_75
14:23:16 [gmandyam]
q+
14:23:17 [Zakim]
+Clarke
14:24:20 [anssik]
q+
14:24:34 [fjh]
ack gmandyam
14:25:10 [fjh]
fjh: to clarify, I’m not suggesting we rework the spec, just wanted Anssi to add some clarification text regarding the model, and a few notes to clarify for Tim’s comments.
14:25:25 [fjh]
fjh: anssik may have more to add on this, do not want to hold up LC
14:25:47 [fjh]
fjh: josh concerns may be valid in some cases, may be implementation dependent
14:26:31 [fjh]
ack anssik
14:26:36 [anssik]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0044.html
14:26:56 [anssik]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/rev/7476e089d3d9
14:27:26 [fjh]
anssik: if system unable to report charging time or discharging time, can it report default?
14:27:30 [gmandyam]
To clarify: agree with Josh Soref's comment about the low power event being the most important part of the existing API (assuming I understood him correctly). I believe the code example in the spec is misleading, as developers will not likely trust the API to modify networking behavior of the app.
14:28:02 [fjh]
anssik: Tim suggests that if cannot report some values should default from all values, but could be handled individually
14:28:27 [gmandyam]
However, developers generally trust the low power event. In my experience, HW vendors have implemented it fairly well and it will allow the app to do whatever needs to be done prior to the phone shutting down.
14:28:31 [fjh]
fjh: how do you distinguish between default value and real value?
14:28:53 [gmandyam]
We should adjust the code example in the spec reflecting this case, and put in special mention on conformance for this feature in particular.
14:29:20 [anssik]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/rev/7476e089d3d9
14:30:22 [fjh]
fjh: to summarize, I believe you are saying we should treat each value independently, as far as able to report real values or not
14:30:31 [fjh]
anssik: I am proposing this edit
14:31:55 [anssik]
fjh: correct
14:34:12 [fjh]
action: gmandyam to review battery and how low battery threshold is handled
14:34:12 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-699 - Review battery and how low battery threshold is handled [on Giridhar Mandyam - due 2014-06-19].
14:34:21 [anssik]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-battery-status-20110915/
14:35:05 [fjh]
anssik: we are starting to revisit previous decisions, have implementations
14:35:16 [fjh]
marcos: can base event on current API to do this
14:35:36 [fjh]
gmandyam: not clear to developer that hardware will be shutting down soon
14:35:41 [fjh]
marcos: can you really do this
14:36:27 [fjh]
marcos: I have done this, have github example
14:36:53 [fjh]
fjh: what was your concern with the examples
14:37:05 [fjh]
marcos: not a major concern, look too complicated
14:37:23 [fjh]
anssik: examples could be simple, may rearrange
14:37:34 [fjh]
action: anssik to propose example revisions for battery
14:37:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-700 - Propose example revisions for battery [on Anssi Kostiainen - due 2014-06-19].
14:37:42 [gmandyam]
fjh - I have to sign off now. Please assign an action item to me re: examine current battery API to see how low power event could be mimic'ed.
14:37:52 [marcosc]
gmandyam, see https://github.com/marcoscaceres/playground/blob/gh-pages/flexbox/keypad.html#L233
14:37:55 [anssik]
battery status playground -> http://anssiko.github.io/battery-status/
14:38:00 [Zakim]
-gmandyam
14:38:32 [fjh]
fjh: so it is decided to defer battery LC until we have resolved issues raised on list and call
14:39:18 [fjh]
Topic: Proximity
14:39:29 [marcosc]
example battery indicator: http://marcoscaceres.github.io/playground/flexbox/keypad.html
14:39:35 [fjh]
Proximity waiting on implementer interest/use cases: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0019.html
14:39:49 [fjh]
fjh: need more implementer interest in proximity before we can proceed
14:40:19 [fjh]
anssik: maybe can learn from ambient light implementation, agree with waiting for interest
14:40:30 [fjh]
fjh: any action we should take
14:40:42 [fjh]
anssik: some think this can be implemented with ambient light
14:41:53 [fjh]
fjh: maybe depend on hardware details
14:42:19 [fjh]
dom: not always appropriate to use light as substitute for proximity API
14:42:38 [fjh]
dom: webRTC is likely to use proximity API
14:43:35 [fjh]
dom: fine to wait and revisit, maybe ask Mounir
14:44:06 [Zakim]
-Cathy
14:44:16 [fjh]
anssik: gaming is another potential area to use this API
14:44:32 [fjh]
anssik: we need to see if people get what they need using ambient light
14:44:42 [Zakim]
+Cathy
14:44:46 [fjh]
Topic: Network Service Discovery
14:44:58 [fjh]
sent summary and updated questions to Web & TV group http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0012.html
14:45:07 [fjh]
added issues based on Youenn feedback: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0029.html
14:45:17 [fjh]
All DAP issues are NSD issues: http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/open
14:45:57 [fjh]
richt: would like to get more feedback on NSD, including UpNP
14:46:49 [fjh]
cathy: perhaps Clarke Stevens has some feedback from that community
14:47:05 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:47:05 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Cathy, fjh, mats, anssik, richt, marcosc, dom, Lisa_DeLuca, Clarke
14:47:07 [LisaDeLuca_IBM]
> Hey > > After the battery tests, I looked at the battery plugin, and we need > to shelve the battery plugin until we get a new API. Worse yet, the > W3C API proposed is terrible and should never be implemented on > Android. > > So, as we currently implement it, we set the battery to listen to the > batteryChange event, which is used to return the battery level, which > isn't actually a percent but some number that isn't consistent across > A[CUT]
14:47:07 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Clarke, Cathy, marcosc, LisaDeLuca_IBM, anssik, richt, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, mats, dom, mounir, slightlyoff, tobie_, Josh_Soref__, trackbot
14:47:14 [LisaDeLuca_IBM]
email from the cordova mailing list related to battery
14:47:15 [LisaDeLuca_IBM]
just saw it
14:47:31 [fjh]
Clarke: need to be able to local discovery, NSD is not the only manner, we should also look at alternative
14:48:29 [fjh]
Topic: Named Web Sockets
14:48:41 [fjh]
see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0032.html
14:48:59 [fjh]
richt: alternative to NSD is lighter weight named web sockets
14:49:16 [fjh]
richt: currently uses DNS service discovery, Bonjour
14:49:32 [fjh]
richt: similar to broadcast channel
14:49:40 [LisaDeLuca_IBM]
here is the cordova dev list thread that talks about some of the issues with the battery spec: http://apache.markmail.org/search/?q=org.apache.incubator.callback-dev+list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.callback-dev+order%3Adate-backward+battery+plugin+api+drains#query:org.apache.incubator.callback-dev%20list%3Aorg.apache.incubator.callback-dev%20order%3Adate-backward%20battery%20plugin%20api%20drains+page:1+mid:4auqqxne2pfvnpm2+state:results
14:50:05 [fjh]
richt: handles lots of use cases, based on pre-agreed key to establish channel
14:50:26 [fjh]
richt: enables collaboration without centralized authority
14:50:40 [fjh]
richt: lots of functionality is enabled without much complexity
14:50:56 [fjh]
richt: another use case is to bootstap 2nd screen sharing
14:51:10 [fjh]
fjh: builds on top of web sockets
14:51:18 [fjh]
richt: do not need to reinvent things
14:52:33 [fjh]
richt: this was born out of need to simplify, and also to address user need to opt in, this is more ad hoc, limited awareness since need to know shared names
14:52:48 [fjh]
fjh: might need to make hard to guess names
14:53:08 [fjh]
richt: certainly possible
14:54:30 [fjh]
anssik: is this a BroadCast channel, new feature in HTML
14:54:50 [fjh]
richt: cross origin and cross user agent capabilities are new
14:54:54 [anssik]
s/BroadCast channel/BroadcastChannel/
14:55:11 [anssik]
s/is this a/is this similar to/
14:55:27 [fjh]
Topic: Standby API and Charter
14:55:41 [fjh]
"Proposed approach to progressing Standby API with respect to DAP Charter” http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0077.html
14:55:55 [dom]
-> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/web-messaging.html#broadcastchannel BroadcastChannel
14:56:17 [fjh]
Topic: Standby API
14:56:30 [fjh]
Start of thread, initial proposal attached: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Feb/0001.html (Dariel Marlow)
14:56:31 [fjh]
Info on implementation work http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0034.html (Anssi)
14:56:32 [fjh]
Related earlier technical work http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0038.html (Anssi)
14:56:33 [fjh]
Dom Proposal http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0049.html
14:56:34 [fjh]
Marcos alternative proposal http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014May/0054.html
14:57:00 [fjh]
fjh: suggest we continue this on the list
14:57:35 [marcosc]
+q
14:57:41 [fjh]
dom: my first proposal is not meeting need for API, need to decide on programmatic versus declarative, seems to be most interest in proposals 2 and 3
14:58:07 [fjh]
ack marcosc
14:58:32 [fjh]
marcos: no strong opinion on API, need to flesh out the use cases
14:58:53 [anssik]
q+
14:58:55 [fjh]
marcos: not finding a lot of apps that do this, so not sure how much of a need there is for this API
14:59:07 [anssik]
q?
14:59:27 [fjh]
marcos: need to look at more apps to find real examples for API use
14:59:31 [fjh]
ack anssik
14:59:42 [fjh]
marcos: have been looking at ios apps
15:00:01 [fjh]
anssik: I have a voip phone that keeps screen on all the time
15:00:41 [Zakim]
-anssik
15:01:01 [fjh]
marcos: lets find the use cases first then the API that fits
15:01:09 [Zakim]
+??P3
15:01:12 [anssik]
zakim, ??P3 is me
15:01:12 [Zakim]
+anssik; got it
15:01:14 [fjh]
dom: bring back to ??
15:01:22 [dom]
s/??/WebMob/
15:01:32 [fjh]
marcos: this has no huge rush so we should gather more input
15:02:31 [fjh]
marcos: we should do a document like for NetInfo, can you, me, Dom do this
15:02:34 [fjh]
anssik: yes
15:02:50 [fjh]
anssik: seems that this API could be premature at this point
15:02:53 [fjh]
marcos: agreed
15:02:54 [Zakim]
-Cathy
15:03:08 [fjh]
Topic: Testing & Implementations
15:03:19 [fjh]
Test Facilitators: Zhiqiang volunteered for all apart from Battery. Marcos volunteered for battery.
15:03:19 [Zakim]
+Cathy
15:03:37 [fjh]
Status update and next steps? http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jun/0016.html
15:04:18 [fjh]
action: zhiquiang to provide summary of test status and next steps to DAP WG
15:04:18 [trackbot]
Error finding 'zhiquiang'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/users>.
15:04:47 [Zakim]
-Cathy
15:04:50 [fjh]
action: Zhiqiang to provide summary of test status and next steps to DAP WG
15:04:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-701 - Provide summary of test status and next steps to dap wg [on Zhiqiang Zhang - due 2014-06-19].
15:05:06 [fjh]
Topic: Cordova update
15:05:31 [fjh]
lis: met with Dom last week regarding spec alignment, decided to start with Vibration as use case to show alighment
15:05:57 [fjh]
lisa: 4 APIs not in Cordova that are in spec, identified gaps, created Jira issues for Cordova committers
15:06:14 [dom]
https://github.com/MSOpenTech/cordova-api-audit/compare/w3
15:06:21 [fjh]
lis: monthly cordova call, microsoft nad mozilla habe been doing alignment checks, should make it easier
15:06:38 [Zakim]
+Cathy
15:06:39 [fjh]
lis: next step is develppers update
15:06:47 [fjh]
fjh: degree of implementer interest
15:06:58 [fjh]
lisa: new developers are looking for work shoudl be able to help
15:07:27 [fjh]
lisa: will send email updates as appropraite
15:07:43 [fjh]
Topic: Other Business
15:08:12 [fjh]
next call 26 June
15:10:06 [Zakim]
-Clarke
15:10:08 [Zakim]
-dom
15:10:10 [Zakim]
-Cathy
15:10:11 [Zakim]
-richt
15:10:13 [Zakim]
-Lisa_DeLuca
15:10:13 [Zakim]
-mats
15:10:20 [fjh]
Topic: Action Items
15:10:28 [anssik]
zakim, who's on the call?
15:10:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see anssik, fjh, marcosc
15:10:29 [fjh]
ACTION-523?
15:10:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-523 -- Anssi Kostiainen to Work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture -- due 2012-08-31 -- OPEN
15:10:29 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/523
15:10:35 [fjh]
Topic: Pending Actions
15:10:44 [fjh]
ACTION-689?
15:10:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-689 -- Frederick Hirsch to Send cfc to update html media capture with proposal for security/privacy consideration, 1 week cfc -- due 2014-05-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:10:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/689
15:10:50 [fjh]
close ACTION-689
15:10:50 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-689.
15:10:59 [fjh]
ACTION-690?
15:10:59 [trackbot]
ACTION-690 -- Frederick Hirsch to Reply to youenn re use cases etc -- due 2014-05-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:10:59 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/690
15:11:03 [fjh]
close ACTION-690
15:11:03 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-690.
15:11:11 [fjh]
ACTION-691?
15:11:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-691 -- Frederick Hirsch to Make cfc to update battery and do another lc per suggested changes from google -- due 2014-05-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:11:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/691
15:11:15 [fjh]
close ACTION-691
15:11:15 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-691.
15:11:21 [fjh]
ACTION-692?
15:11:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-692 -- Frederick Hirsch to Send cfc to remove light level event from ambient light, return to lc -- due 2014-05-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:11:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/692
15:11:26 [fjh]
close ACTION-692
15:11:26 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-692.
15:11:32 [fjh]
ACTION-693?
15:11:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-693 -- Frederick Hirsch to Send message to confirm firefox status and plans to update for vibration -- due 2014-05-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:11:32 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/693
15:11:37 [fjh]
close ACTION-693
15:11:37 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-693.
15:11:44 [fjh]
ACTION-695?
15:11:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-695 -- Frederick Hirsch to Check with microsoft dap members regarding plans for implementation and interop participation -- due 2014-05-22 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:11:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/695
15:11:51 [fjh]
close ACTION-695
15:11:51 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-695.
15:11:59 [fjh]
ACTION-696?
15:11:59 [trackbot]
ACTION-696 -- Mounir Lamouri to Update battery draft to incorporate promises change, add promises reference, update status section, spell check/link check/validation check. (cfc already approved for these changes) -- due 2014-06-12 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:12:00 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/696
15:12:08 [fjh]
close ACTION-696
15:12:08 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-696.
15:12:17 [fjh]
ACTION-697?
15:12:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-697 -- Anssi Kostiainen to Update html media capture editors draft with updated status section, spell check/link check/validation check -- due 2014-06-12 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:12:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/697
15:12:22 [fjh]
close ACTION-697
15:12:22 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-697.
15:12:29 [fjh]
ACTION-698?
15:12:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-698 -- Anssi Kostiainen to Update ambient light api editors draft to remove lightlevelevent (involves removing section 6 as well as updating other sections), update status section, spell check/link check/validation check -- due 2014-06-12 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:12:30 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/698
15:12:34 [fjh]
close ACTION-698
15:12:34 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-698.
15:12:45 [fjh]
Topic: Other business
15:13:06 [fjh]
next call 26 June
15:14:11 [fjh]
fjh: to reiterate, Anssi will prepare 3 publication drafts including validation, link check, pubrules and adding diff links to sotd for monday morning ET - Vibration, Light, HTML Media Capture
15:14:56 [fjh]
fjh: Giri has action to review battery , Anssi to add changes proposed by fjh, add paragraph to explain model, review feedback from Tim
15:15:21 [fjh]
ACTION: anssik to add paragraph to battery explaining model, update to 6.1 proposed by fjh
15:15:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-702 - Add paragraph to battery explaining model, update to 6.1 proposed by fjh [on Anssi Kostiainen - due 2014-06-19].
15:16:30 [fjh]
ACTION: anssik to prepare 3 publication drafts including validation, link check, pubrules and adding diff links to sotd for monday morning ET - Vibration, Light, HTML Media Capture
15:16:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-703 - Prepare 3 publication drafts including validation, link check, pubrules and adding diff links to sotd for monday morning et - vibration, light, html media capture [on Anssi Kostiainen - due 2014-06-19].
15:17:02 [fjh]
fjh: all please review Named Web Sockets
15:17:44 [fjh]
fjh: Marcos, dom and anssi to review applications for Standby API use case confirmation
15:17:50 [fjh]
Topic: Adjourn
15:17:54 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:17:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:20:49 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
15:20:56 [fjh]
Present- Marcos
15:21:01 [fjh]
Present+ Marcos_Caceres
15:21:19 [fjh]
Present+ Clarke_Stevens
15:22:11 [fjh]
Present+ Dominique_Hazael-Massieux,
15:22:38 [fjh]
Present- Dominique_Hazael-Massieux,
15:22:45 [fjh]
Present+ Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
15:23:35 [fjh]
s/did I miss where we were no longer doing alternating weeks?//
15:23:42 [fjh]
s/zakim who is here?//
15:23:54 [fjh]
s/s;zakim who is here?;;//
15:24:51 [fjh]
s/nad mozilla habe /and mozilla have /
15:25:10 [fjh]
s/alighment/alignment/
15:25:25 [fjh]
s/develppers/developers/
15:25:37 [fjh]
s/appropraite/appropriate/
15:25:57 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:25:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:26:29 [fjh]
s/reminder: Lisa's Apache Cordova update at the end of agenda//
15:27:19 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
15:27:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/12-dap-minutes.html fjh
15:27:53 [Zakim]
-fjh
15:40:48 [Zakim]
-anssik
15:40:49 [Zakim]
-marcosc
15:40:50 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
15:40:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were fjh, mats, gmandyam, anssik, Lisa_DeLuca, richt, +1.416.848.aaaa, +1.857.300.aabb, marcosc, cathy, dom, Clarke
15:49:51 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
15:56:12 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
16:06:17 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
16:28:19 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
17:30:32 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
17:41:52 [marcosc]
marcosc has joined #dap
17:49:23 [fjh]
fjh has joined #dap
18:17:36 [marcosc]
marcosc has joined #dap
18:18:28 [marcosc_]
marcosc_ has joined #dap
18:54:33 [mats]
mats has joined #dap
19:15:35 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
19:38:34 [mats]
mats has joined #dap
19:59:53 [lgombos_]
lgombos_ has joined #dap
20:07:03 [lgombos__]
lgombos__ has joined #dap
21:46:01 [lgombos__]
lgombos__ has joined #dap
22:16:41 [lgombos__]
lgombos__ has joined #dap