IRC log of rd on 2014-06-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:19:11 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
13:19:11 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/06/11-rd-irc
13:19:13 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:19:15 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:19:15 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 11 minutes
13:19:16 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:19:16 [trackbot]
Date: 11 June 2014
13:19:29 [shadi]
zakim, this is rdwg
13:19:29 [Zakim]
shadi, I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be rdwg".
13:30:35 [sharper]
sharper has joined #rd
13:30:50 [sharper]
trackbot, start meeting
13:30:51 [sharper]
zakim, please clear the agenda
13:30:51 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
13:30:52 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:30:54 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:30:54 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start now
13:30:55 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:30:55 [trackbot]
Date: 11 June 2014
13:31:06 [sharper]
Chair: Harper_Simon
13:31:07 [sharper]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments) [sharper]
13:31:09 [sharper]
Agenda+ Metrics Note [markel, giorgio, shadi]
13:31:10 [sharper]
Agenda+ Accessible Wayfinding and Maps Progress [vivienne, christos, annika]
13:31:12 [sharper]
Agenda+ Current status of note edits [bim]
13:31:13 [sharper]
Agenda+ How to get notes out and symposiums started [all]
13:31:15 [sharper]
Agenda+ STANDING - https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/open [sharper]
13:31:16 [sharper]
Agenda+ STANDING - Next Symposium Topic [sharper]
13:31:17 [sharper]
Agenda+ STANDING - Next Catalogue Topic [sharper]
13:31:17 [annika]
annika has joined #rd
13:31:18 [sharper]
Agenda+ STANDING - Any Other Business [sharper]
13:31:21 [sharper]
.first
13:31:24 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has now started
13:31:31 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:31:32 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 1
13:31:32 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
13:31:33 [sharper]
Last weeks - and previous minutes can be found at:
13:31:34 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is me
13:31:34 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
13:31:34 [sharper]
- <http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/minutes-history>
13:31:36 [sharper]
Keep on-top of scribing at:
13:31:37 [sharper]
- <http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/scribes>
13:31:38 [sharper]
Scribing Commands:
13:31:39 [sharper]
- <http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Weekly_Call_Scribing>
13:31:43 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:31:51 [Vivienne]
zakim, IPcaller is me
13:31:51 [Zakim]
+Vivienne; got it
13:32:27 [sharper]
regrets: Klaus, David, Markel, Yehya
13:32:30 [christos]
christos has joined #rd
13:33:16 [Zakim]
+??P17
13:33:33 [sharper]
regrets+ silvia
13:33:35 [annika]
zakim, ??P17 is me
13:33:35 [Zakim]
+annika; got it
13:33:55 [Zakim]
+??P18
13:34:01 [sharper]
zakim, ??P18 is sharper
13:34:01 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
13:34:23 [Zakim]
+??P19
13:34:28 [christos]
zakim, ??P19 is me
13:34:28 [Zakim]
+christos; got it
13:34:29 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:34:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see shadi, Vivienne, annika, sharper, christos
13:34:47 [annika]
zakim, mute me
13:34:47 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
13:35:42 [Vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:35:42 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
13:35:54 [annika]
zakim, unmute me
13:35:54 [Zakim]
annika should no longer be muted
13:36:01 [annika]
scribe: annika
13:36:07 [annika]
zakim, mute me
13:36:07 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
13:36:15 [annika]
zakim, take up item 2
13:36:15 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Metrics Note" taken up [from markel, giorgio, shadi via sharper]
13:36:17 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Weekly_Call_Scribing
13:36:39 [sharper]
ragrets+ giorgio
13:36:51 [sharper]
s/ragrets/regrets
13:37:19 [annika]
shadi: There were some comments from Judy Brewer.
13:37:41 [annika]
... Some of which relate to the other reports as well.
13:38:22 [annika]
... Hope that Judy can join one of the next meetings to discuss with Giorgio and Markel.
13:39:28 [annika]
... The comments are about the scope and the positioning of the reports. In terms of industry, audience, etc.
13:39:49 [annika]
zakim, take up next
13:39:49 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
13:39:55 [annika]
zakim, take up item 3
13:39:55 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Accessible Wayfinding and Maps Progress" taken up [from vivienne, christos, annika via sharper]
13:40:15 [annika]
sharper: How is the catalog item getting along?
13:40:32 [annika]
christos: I didn't have time to work on the wiki page this week.
13:40:36 [Vivienne]
zakim, ack me
13:40:36 [Zakim]
unmuting Vivienne
13:40:38 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
13:41:09 [annika]
Vivienne: I didn't have time either. Will work on it next week.
13:41:13 [annika]
zakim, unmute me
13:41:13 [Zakim]
annika should no longer be muted
13:41:50 [annika]
annika: Same here. Also hope to work on the wiki entry next week.
13:41:55 [annika]
zakim, mute me
13:41:55 [Zakim]
annika should now be muted
13:42:01 [annika]
zakim, take up next
13:42:01 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
13:42:09 [annika]
zakim, take up item 4
13:42:09 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Current status of note edits" taken up [from bim via sharper]
13:42:25 [annika]
sharper: Priority to get the notes out.
13:42:39 [annika]
... Bim is working on the final editing.
13:43:29 [annika]
shadi: Expect Bim's update of the notes soon.
13:44:34 [annika]
zakim, take up item 5
13:44:34 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "How to get notes out and symposiums started" taken up [from all via sharper]
13:44:41 [sharper]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Research_Topics
13:45:32 [annika]
sharper: The wiki page is updated.
13:45:50 [Zakim]
-shadi
13:46:11 [Vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:46:11 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
13:46:36 [sharper]
I wanted to outline my/our availability to edit Internet of Things (or to support an other editor).
13:46:36 [sharper]
13:46:37 [sharper]
In case am also willing to help with Web Inclusion. As am not an expert I would perfer not to take the lead.
13:46:38 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:46:42 [annika]
... There is a list of "most wanted topics".
13:47:25 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is me
13:47:25 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
13:47:32 [annika]
sharper: Klaus volunteered to help with some of the topics (see email).
13:47:37 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is me
13:47:37 [Zakim]
sorry, shadi, I do not recognize a party named 'ipcaller'
13:47:56 [annika]
sharper: any comments on the outline of research topics?
13:48:15 [Vivienne]
sorry, will be silent for a bit as I've got another call.
13:48:32 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:49:00 [shadi]
q+
13:49:00 [shadi]
q-
13:49:07 [Justin]
Justin has joined #rd
13:49:14 [annika]
sharper: Any ideas / contacts for potential editors of these topics?
13:50:05 [shadi]
q+
13:50:18 [sharper]
ack sh
13:50:27 [shadi]
Janina Sajka from PFWG
13:50:58 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2014/02/wot/
13:51:03 [annika]
shadi: For the Web of Things: Janina and I are participating in the workshop on the Web of Things.
13:51:22 [annika]
... Maybe she can help to organise the symposium.
13:51:36 [annika]
... RDWG will provide research input.
13:51:58 [annika]
... The output goes to the protocols and format WG.
13:52:31 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2014/02/wot/submissions.html
13:53:18 [sharper]
can’t hear you shadi
13:54:13 [sharper]
regrets+ peter
13:54:41 [annika]
shadi: We have to work out the research questions first.
13:54:51 [shadi]
(for Web Inclusion)
13:55:56 [shadi]
[[Simon, I suggest sending this updated list to WAI CG]]
13:56:02 [annika]
sharper: Let's talk about this again in the next meeting. Hopefully with more participants.
13:57:03 [annika]
sharper: I am going to the coordination group next Wednesday.
13:57:17 [annika]
... Will make sure to give them an update on our topics.
13:57:23 [Justin]
toodles
13:57:26 [annika]
zakim, unmute me
13:57:27 [Zakim]
annika should no longer be muted
13:57:28 [sharper]
sharper has left #rd
13:57:31 [Zakim]
-christos
13:57:32 [Zakim]
-shadi
13:57:34 [Zakim]
-annika
13:57:36 [Zakim]
-sharper
13:57:41 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
14:02:29 [Vivienne]
sorry guys I had to leave for a bit. Will get some work done this week.
14:02:39 [Zakim]
-Vivienne
14:02:39 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has ended
14:02:39 [Zakim]
Attendees were shadi, Vivienne, annika, sharper, christos, [IPcaller]
14:02:56 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:02:56 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:02:56 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:03:04 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:03:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/06/11-rd-minutes.html trackbot
14:03:05 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:03:05 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items