IRC log of html-a11y on 2014-06-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:58:03 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-a11y
14:58:03 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:58:05 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:58:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-a11y
14:58:07 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 2119
14:58:07 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)10:00AM scheduled to start 58 minutes ago
14:58:08 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
14:58:08 [trackbot]
Date: 05 June 2014
14:58:11 [MarkS]
zakim, agenda?
14:58:12 [Zakim]
I see nothing on the agenda
14:58:31 [MarkS]
Meeting: HTML-A11Y Task Force Teleconference
14:58:31 [MarkS]
Chair: Janina
14:58:31 [MarkS]
agenda+ Identify Scribe
14:58:31 [MarkS]
agenda+ Longdesc [See Below]
14:58:31 [MarkS]
agenda+ Canvas 2D Status & Next Steps [See Below]
14:58:34 [MarkS]
agenda+ Alt Call for Consensus [See Below]
14:58:34 [MarkS]
agenda+ Media Subteam
14:58:34 [MarkS]
agenda+ HTML 5.1 Next Steps [See Below]
14:58:37 [MarkS]
agenda+ Other Business
14:58:38 [MarkS]
agenda+ Identify Scribe for the next TF teleconference
14:58:40 [MarkS]
agenda+ be done
14:59:02 [Judy]
Judy has joined #html-a11y
14:59:49 [MarkS]
zakim, who is here?
14:59:49 [Zakim]
WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)10:00AM has not yet started, MarkS
14:59:51 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Judy, Zakim, RRSAgent, chaals, hober, janina, sivoais, MarkS, cabanier, trackbot
15:00:11 [MarkS]
zakim, this is 2119
15:00:11 [Zakim]
ok, MarkS; that matches WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)10:00AM
15:00:17 [MarkS]
zakim, who is here?
15:00:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see MarkS, Cynthia_Shelly
15:00:19 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Judy, Zakim, RRSAgent, chaals, hober, janina, sivoais, MarkS, cabanier, trackbot
15:00:49 [aardrian]
aardrian has joined #html-a11y
15:01:02 [Zakim]
15:01:47 [Zakim]
15:02:23 [David]
David has joined #html-a11y
15:02:52 [aardrian]
zakim, who is here?
15:02:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see MarkS, Cynthia_Shelly, Adrian_Roselli, David_MacDonald
15:02:54 [Zakim]
On IRC I see David, aardrian, Judy, Zakim, RRSAgent, chaals, hober, janina, sivoais, MarkS, cabanier, trackbot
15:04:51 [JF]
JF has joined #html-a11y
15:05:26 [Zakim]
15:05:53 [MarkS]
zakim, take up first item
15:05:53 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'take up first item', MarkS
15:06:03 [MarkS]
zakim, take up next item
15:06:03 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Identify Scribe" taken up [from MarkS]
15:06:40 [Zakim]
15:06:55 [MarkS]
scribeNick: aardiran
15:07:02 [MarkS]
scribeNick: aardrian
15:07:14 [MarkS]
zakim, take up next item
15:07:14 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Longdesc" taken up [from See Below]
15:07:51 [aardrian]
MS: Last week I promised to have CR draft, but I am not ready to share with TF for review just yet.
15:08:01 [Zakim]
15:08:06 [aardrian]
MS: Have a couple questions for Chaals related to 2 late comments.
15:08:23 [aardrian]
MS: Once I hear back and make edits I can bring to TF for review.
15:08:25 [janina]
zakim, who's on the phone?
15:08:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see MarkS, Cynthia_Shelly, Adrian_Roselli, David_MacDonald, JF, [Microsoft], ??P11
15:09:02 [JF]
zakim, who is noisy?
15:09:12 [Zakim]
JF, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: [Microsoft] (51%), ??P11 (90%)
15:10:21 [JF]
zakim, p11 is janina
15:10:21 [Zakim]
sorry, JF, I do not recognize a party named 'p11'
15:10:26 [aardrian]
zakim, next item
15:10:26 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Canvas 2D Status & Next Steps" taken up [from See Below]
15:10:33 [JF]
zakim, ??p11 is janina
15:10:33 [Zakim]
+janina; got it
15:11:08 [aardrian]
zakim, take up item 2
15:11:08 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Longdesc" taken up [from See Below via MarkS]
15:11:34 [aardrian]
PC: Chairs are about to issue last last call CFC for HTML 5.0.
15:11:44 [aardrian]
PC: We need to make sure longdesc isn't slipping off schedule.
15:12:27 [aardrian]
zakim, next item
15:12:27 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Canvas 2D Status & Next Steps" taken up [from See Below]
15:12:46 [aardrian]
JS: There was a meeting this week, recommended course of action from chairs.
15:13:06 [aardrian]
MS: We met and got updates. DrawFocus scheduled to be natively supported by FF next week...
15:13:18 [aardrian]
MS: Hit regions supported behind a flag...
15:13:35 [aardrian]
MS: Chrome has support for drawFocus. Samsung has submitted some patches.
15:13:57 [aardrian]
MS: HTMLWG recommended Canvas a11y sub-group expand to a TF under WG.
15:14:08 [aardrian]
MS: Will put together scope for TF, nominate facilitator.
15:14:18 [Zakim]
15:14:48 [aardrian]
PC: Where does canvas TF stand in migrating changes in 2D back into level 1?
15:15:01 [aardrian]
PC: Level 2 coming that will have all changes from Level 1.
15:15:21 [aardrian]
s/PC: Where/MS: Where
15:15:51 [aardrian]
JS: Another good success for a11y in canvas.
15:15:58 [aardrian]
zakim, next item
15:15:58 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Alt Call for Consensus" taken up [from See Below]
15:16:43 [Judy]
zakim, who's making noise?
15:16:45 [aardrian]
JS: Had CfC consensus, closed last night. Several comments of support, one comment cited lack of longdesc.
15:16:53 [Zakim]
Judy, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: MarkS (5%), [Microsoft] (34%), janina (76%)
15:17:06 [aardrian]
JS: Drafting response, noting that we don't yet have a CR spec for longdesc.
15:17:28 [MarkS]
zakim, mute [Microsoft]
15:17:28 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] should now be muted
15:18:09 [aardrian]
JS: Expecting to follow up that we accept alt along with objection and reason for rejecting objection.
15:18:29 [aardrian]
zakim, next item
15:18:29 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Media Subteam" taken up [from MarkS]
15:19:14 [aardrian]
MS: Met this week, discussed changes to User Reqs Document for terminology changes, technology changes.
15:19:34 [aardrian]
MS: Heard back from Web & TV interest group which was glad to hear our feedback.
15:19:49 [aardrian]
MS: Will be incorporating feedback into second round of use cases and soliciting our feedback again.
15:20:05 [aardrian]
JS: We're still expecting stabilization draft around the end of the month?
15:20:08 [aardrian]
MS: Correct.
15:20:32 [aardrian]
MS: Michael Cooper moved spec to Github from CVS, I merged the two documents so Github is current...
15:20:37 [JF]
15:20:40 [aardrian]
MS: Will continue to make edits on Github.
15:21:11 [aardrian]
JF: Do we need URL for repository, or will standard URL work?
15:21:26 [aardrian]
MS: PF working on formalizing process for rendering specs using Github pages.
15:21:39 [aardrian]
MS: As soon as approved will have new URLs for editor draft.
15:23:07 [aardrian]
MS: Will also redirect old URL to new URL.
15:23:15 [MarkS]
15:23:30 [aardrian]
MS: Outstanding pull request still outstanding on this document.
15:23:53 [aardrian]
zakim, next item
15:23:53 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, aardrian
15:24:00 [JF]
ack jf
15:24:00 [janina]
ack jf
15:24:01 [aardrian]
zakim, next item
15:24:01 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "HTML 5.1 Next Steps" taken up [from See Below]
15:24:26 [aardrian]
JS: Had good discussion last week to prioritize items.
15:24:34 [aardrian]
JS: Sent email to list with priorities.
15:25:14 [JF]
me/ woke up to email issues this morning,can you post the archive version of that email please?
15:25:22 [aardrian]
15:25:43 [JF]
s/woke up to email issues this morning,can you post the archive version of that email please?/
15:25:44 [richardschwerdtfeger]
richardschwerdtfeger has joined #html-a11y
15:25:58 [aardrian]
JS: Action 262 needs new due date - July 10.
15:26:10 [Zakim]
15:26:23 [richardschwerdtfeger]
zakim, [IPcaller] is Rich
15:26:23 [Zakim]
+Rich; got it
15:26:24 [aardrian]
JS: First presentation June 26 to discuss WebRTC -- it may slip.
15:26:51 [aardrian]
JS: Leonie and I will talk about it on Monday. May be July 3 that we present.
15:27:04 [aardrian]
JS: People should check for their name/item on calendar.
15:27:32 [aardrian]
JS: The straw poll of priorities is at the bottom of the email.
15:27:44 [aardrian]
JS: Strong agreement for Media as number 1.
15:28:18 [aardrian]
JS: Presentations through August. These may be in, 5.1, or later.
15:28:29 [aardrian]
zakim, next item
15:28:30 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Other Business" taken up [from MarkS]
15:30:12 [aardrian]
PC: Is it feasible to have a schedule on when we might expect to see vibrate work progressing?
15:30:35 [aardrian]
RS: I think we've refactored everything at this point.
15:31:04 [aardrian]
RS: Specification is coming out next week, Thursday, June 12th.
15:31:30 [aardrian]
RS: From there, discussions. We're also working on ARIA 1.1, which may affect mappings based on new semantics.
15:31:39 [aardrian]
RS: ARIA timeline may affect it.
15:32:15 [aardrian]
PC: Original plan was that document would be smaller. Publishing next week?
15:32:19 [aardrian]
15:32:33 [aardrian]
PC: Does that acknowledge that some of the material came from HTMLWG draft?
15:32:47 [aardrian]
JS: It says that in a different way, notes additional specifications.
15:33:05 [aardrian]
RS: In the SVG spec we borrow from core spec.
15:33:40 [aardrian]
PC: SVG spec is new. We already have WD. You're pulling material from WD from on WG.
15:33:49 [aardrian]
JS: That may not reflect current situation.
15:34:12 [aardrian]
JS: What is being published next week is next rev of ARIA 1 UA implemtation guide.
15:34:35 [aardrian]
JS: No one has gone through HTML mapping guide to pull items into core a11y API mappings.
15:34:42 [aardrian]
PC: That mitigates my question.
15:35:09 [cyns]
cyns has joined #html-a11y
15:35:28 [cyns]
Here is the text from CAAM This document includes general information for user agents to handle ARIA roles, states, and properties. It also includes host-language specific requirements where necessary to complete the accessibility model, in particular for HTML 4. In the future, the PFWG may split out technology-specific versions of this guide, moving some requirements out but retaining this document as the general ARIA implementation guide.
15:35:32 [aardrian]
JS: For HTML mappings spec, we have facilitators, we have asked for objections to moving to Github tree...
15:35:43 [aardrian]
JS: Steve is ok with it, have not heard from Robin.
15:36:10 [aardrian]
PC: Would like to be pointed to more info about plan and future steps, how HTMLWG related to PF work.
15:37:32 [aardrian]
JS: Don't know when to expect FPWD for HTML a11y mappings.
15:38:18 [aardrian]
JS: We're trying to use heartbeats more based on experience from HTMLWG.
15:38:31 [aardrian]
JS: Expect heartbeats of ARIA, CAAM, etc as they become ready.
15:40:01 [aardrian]
zakim, next item
15:40:01 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Identify Scribe for the next TF teleconference" taken up [from MarkS]
15:40:11 [Zakim]
15:40:14 [Zakim]
15:40:17 [Zakim]
15:40:19 [Zakim]
15:40:20 [Zakim]
15:40:31 [aardrian]
zakim, bye
15:40:31 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were MarkS, Cynthia_Shelly, Adrian_Roselli, David_MacDonald, JF, [Microsoft], janina, Judy, Rich
15:40:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #html-a11y
15:40:42 [aardrian]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:40:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate aardrian
16:03:49 [Judy_clone]
Judy_clone has joined #html-a11y
16:19:44 [Judy]
Judy has joined #html-a11y
17:37:22 [Judy]
Judy has joined #html-a11y
19:23:30 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-a11y
22:19:02 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-a11y
22:21:12 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-a11y