IRC log of html-a11y on 2014-05-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

21:52:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-a11y
21:52:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to
21:52:03 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
21:52:05 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 2119
21:52:05 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_HTML AT()6:00PM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
21:52:06 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
21:52:06 [trackbot]
Date: 19 May 2014
21:52:11 [MarkS]
Meeting: Canvas Accessibility Sub-Group Sub-Group
21:52:11 [MarkS]
Chair: Mark Sadecki
21:52:11 [MarkS]
agenda+ Implementations
21:52:11 [MarkS]
agenda+ Testing
21:52:11 [MarkS]
agenda+ Canvas 2D Level 2 Heartbeat
21:52:12 [MarkS]
agenda+ Next Meeting
21:56:59 [jaymunro]
jaymunro has joined #html-a11y
22:00:40 [Zakim]
WAI_HTML AT()6:00PM has now started
22:00:47 [Zakim]
22:01:12 [MarkS]
scribe: MarkS
22:02:02 [Zakim]
22:02:06 [jaymunro]
zakim, microsoft has me
22:02:06 [Zakim]
+jaymunro; got it
22:02:13 [Zakim]
22:03:15 [MarkS]
zakim, take up next item
22:03:15 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Implementations" taken up [from MarkS]
22:04:15 [MarkS]
RC: Submitted Pasches, there were memory leaks, I got feedback and resubmitted for feedback. Either tomorrow or wednesday it should be in FF.
22:04:29 [MarkS]
...if its in Nightly, it should be in release around september.
22:04:43 [MarkS]
MS: any progress getting drawFocus into release?
22:05:08 [MarkS]
RC: Approved by Safari and FF. FF will have it coming in September.
22:05:14 [MarkS]
...not enough support in blink just yet.
22:05:32 [MarkS]
...dominic was going to try to give them more info on it.
22:05:51 [MarkS] and dominic are going to start working on hit regions in chrome.
22:06:18 [MarkS]
MS: would it help if we filed a bug for Safari?
22:06:29 [MarkS]
RC: I don't think that would help. someone just needs to decide to do it.
22:06:42 [MarkS] would have to be in the next month or so to make it in this year.
22:07:15 [MarkS]
...drawFocus should be in the next safari (8), but Hit Region will probably not make it.
22:08:12 [MarkS]
JM: Microsoft is looking into it, so that is as far as I know.
22:08:17 [MarkS]
...confirmed from JMann that there is still no definitive news
22:08:30 [MarkS]
zakim, take up next item
22:08:30 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Testing" taken up [from MarkS]
22:10:24 [MarkS]
22:10:49 [MarkS]
22:12:08 [MarkS]
MS: @@
22:12:22 [MarkS]
RC: I can send you a link to the discussion RE Blink
22:12:31 [MarkS]
zakim, take up next item
22:12:31 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Canvas 2D Level 2 Heartbeat" taken up [from MarkS]
22:13:45 [MarkS]
MS: When is the heartbeat scheduled for L2?
22:13:55 [MarkS]
JM: Paul has been talking about doing it at the same time we take L1 to CR
22:14:11 [MarkS]
...there are a couple of things that I think need to be updated.
22:14:37 [MarkS]
... drawSystemFocusRing needs to get removed again (reappeared) and then remove the sprite animation example
22:14:59 [MarkS]
...its currently broken, so should probably pull out.
22:16:23 [MarkS]
RC: I think we will have to branch again, remove stuff etc.
22:17:16 [MarkS]
...Level 2 would become Level 3
22:17:28 [MarkS]
JM: Level 2 will have a lot of updates that Level 3 won't
22:18:09 [MarkS]
RC: winding rules were implemented, path was implemented.
22:19:21 [MarkS]
...Ian has added a bunch of new stuff for adding texts that is not clear right now, so it should be a level 3 thing
22:19:36 [MarkS]
...not sure we need anything new for a11y right now
22:21:11 [MarkS]
ACTION: MarkS to log bug on focus ring in FF
22:21:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-252 - Log bug on focus ring in ff [on Mark Sadecki - due 2014-05-26].
22:26:59 [MarkS]
zakim, take up next item
22:26:59 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Next Meeting" taken up [from MarkS]
22:27:30 [MarkS]
JM: Rik, it would be helpful if we started a list of what should stay in Level 2 and what should move to Level 3
22:28:53 [MarkS]
MS: Sounds like a bigger problem since canvas is an extension spec here and part of html5 at what wg
22:29:36 [MarkS]
JM: there are technical problems with cherry picking (overwriting our changes) but also no discussion on the changes.
22:29:54 [MarkS]
...I like the idea of branching and then pick and choose what gets brought in.
22:30:19 [MarkS]
RC: take whats there now, branch it and clean it up.
22:30:58 [MarkS]
MS: is this something we want to do by the Heartbeat?
22:31:16 [MarkS]
JM: might be a good idea
22:32:18 [MarkS]
MS: OK, I can start a wiki then and we can work on what stays and goes there
22:33:01 [Zakim]
22:33:07 [Zakim]
22:33:23 [MarkS]
ACTION: MarkS to talk to HTML about the branching L2, creating L3 and starting new canvas telecon
22:33:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-253 - Talk to html about the branching l2, creating l3 and starting new canvas telecon [on Mark Sadecki - due 2014-05-26].
22:34:11 [MarkS]
s/@@/learned a lot about canvas recently preparing slides for talk and should be able to start writing tests.
22:34:15 [Zakim]
22:34:17 [Zakim]
WAI_HTML AT()6:00PM has ended
22:34:17 [Zakim]
Attendees were MarkS, jaymunro, cabanier
22:34:23 [MarkS]
rrsagent, make minutes
22:34:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate MarkS
22:36:07 [cabanier]
MarkS: Blink patch for hit regions:
22:37:59 [cabanier]
MarkS: you might be able to subscribe to that patch
22:38:15 [cabanier]
MarkS: chrome bug is here: (with the comments from Dominic)
22:38:38 [MarkS]
awesome, thanks Rik