IRC log of webperf on 2014-03-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:01:35 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webperf
19:01:35 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-irc
19:01:37 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
19:01:37 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webperf
19:01:39 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WPWG
19:01:39 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
19:01:40 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Performance Working Group Teleconference
19:01:40 [trackbot]
Date: 26 March 2014
19:01:49 [plh]
zakim, this will be per
19:01:49 [Zakim]
ok, plh, I see RWC_web-per()3:00PM already started
19:01:56 [Zakim]
+Plh
19:02:00 [MikeM]
MikeM has joined #webperf
19:02:10 [tobint_]
+tobint
19:02:14 [Rob_from_Dell]
Rob_from_Dell has joined #webperf
19:04:01 [tobint_]
present+ tobint
19:04:06 [plh]
scribe: plh
19:04:30 [plh]
agenda+ resource priorities
19:04:34 [plh]
agenda+ HRT2
19:04:43 [plh]
agenda+ Beacon
19:04:56 [plh]
agenda+ RAF
19:05:33 [plh]
agenda+ Other issues
19:06:39 [plh]
zakim, aaaa is Mike
19:06:39 [Zakim]
+Mike; got it
19:07:04 [plh]
agenda?
19:07:06 [tobint]
present+ tobint
19:07:10 [tobint]
+tobint
19:07:30 [plh]
zakim, Microsoft is Tobin
19:07:30 [Zakim]
+Tobin; got it
19:07:33 [plh]
zakim, move to next agendum
19:07:33 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "resource priorities" taken up [from plh]
19:07:57 [plh]
Tobin: last week, we were wondering if the HTML WG was still up-to-date with resource priorities. talked to Travis.
19:08:01 [tobint]
http://www.w3.org/2014/03/20-html-wg-minutes.html#item09
19:08:07 [plh]
... also joined the conference call for the html wg
19:08:18 [plh]
... and bring them in sync
19:08:41 [plh]
... they did tell us that we can bring things in the spec, once we're ready
19:08:57 [plh]
... two items
19:09:12 [plh]
... wanted to scope down resource priorities
19:09:18 [plh]
... ie remove postpone for now
19:09:25 [plh]
... until we have a good handle on the rest
19:09:36 [plh]
... is there something we still want to do?
19:09:56 [plh]
plh: seems so, from the list
19:10:36 [plh]
http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/actions/open
19:10:53 [plh]
ACTION: Tobin to remove postpone from Resource Priorities
19:10:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-130 - Remove postpone from resource priorities [on Tobin Titus - due 2014-04-02].
19:11:02 [plh]
close action-129
19:11:02 [trackbot]
Closed action-129.
19:11:31 [plh]
Tobin: once we scope down, we'll push an update
19:12:08 [plh]
zakim, move to next agendum
19:12:08 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "HRT2" taken up [from plh]
19:12:25 [plh]
http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/issues/13
19:12:37 [plh]
plh: this is a last call issue
19:13:13 [plh]
http://www.w3.org/TR/dom/#interface-event
19:13:24 [plh]
plh: there is a timeStamp there
19:13:34 [plh]
... of DOMTimeStamp
19:13:44 [plh]
... and doesn't use DOMHighResStamp
19:14:20 [plh]
... so, is it DOM or HR2 issue?
19:15:05 [plh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2012OctDec/0028.html
19:16:19 [plh]
Tobin: I'll need to check with Jatinder on this one
19:16:31 [plh]
ACTION: Tobin to follow with Jatinder on HRT2 and DOM Events
19:16:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-131 - Follow with jatinder on hrt2 and dom events [on Tobin Titus - due 2014-04-02].
19:16:52 [plh]
plh: you may also want to talk to Travis as well
19:16:59 [plh]
... since he is doing D3E
19:17:43 [plh]
zakim, move to next agendum
19:17:43 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Beacon" taken up [from plh]
19:17:59 [plh]
action-113?
19:17:59 [trackbot]
action-113 -- Tobin Titus to Update beacon use cases to just be the asynchronous data sending case -- due 2013-11-21 -- OPEN
19:17:59 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/actions/113
19:19:07 [plh]
issue-12?
19:19:07 [trackbot]
issue-12 -- Determine appropriate size limit for beacon data based on current usage patterns -- raised
19:19:07 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/issues/12
19:20:32 [plh]
plh: Mike, any idea of what Akamai would like on this?
19:21:32 [plh]
Mike: it depends on the data. resource timing is bigger than navigation timing
19:21:37 [plh]
... could look into it
19:21:56 [plh]
tobin: should it be on an individual request or on the queue?
19:22:21 [plh]
... trying to make a guarantee could be a disaster
19:23:11 [plh]
plh: beacon doesn't return errors, so you don't know
19:23:20 [plh]
tobin: it could be per implementation
19:23:38 [plh]
... so not sure that specifying is a good thing
19:24:35 [plh]
... I'm for a size per message, but not for a queue
19:25:49 [plh]
mike: i'll look at the sizes we're sending
19:26:10 [plh]
ACTION: Mike to provide on data size for beacon
19:26:10 [trackbot]
'Mike' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., mmccall, mike).
19:26:36 [plh]
ACTION: mmcall to provide on data size for beacon
19:26:36 [trackbot]
Error finding 'mmcall'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/track/users>.
19:26:51 [plh]
ACTION: mmccall to provide on data size for beacon
19:26:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-132 - Provide on data size for beacon [on Mike McCall - due 2014-04-02].
19:26:58 [plh]
zakim, move to next agendum
19:26:58 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "RAF" taken up [from plh]
19:27:31 [plh]
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/issues?labels=animation-timing
19:27:36 [plh]
plh: we'
19:27:40 [plh]
're missing tests
19:27:49 [plh]
https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469
19:28:32 [plh]
ACTION: Tobin to look at https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469
19:28:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-133 - Look at https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/showcomment?chain=1469 [on Tobin Titus - due 2014-04-02].
19:29:02 [plh]
plh: this generates inconsistent results for the tests
19:29:44 [plh]
plh: once we have the tests, we could move it to proposed recommendation
19:30:29 [plh]
https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/425
19:31:15 [plh]
zakim, move to next agendum
19:31:15 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Other issues" taken up [from plh]
19:31:34 [plh]
Mike: adding protocol and size in resource timing
19:31:34 [plh]
... what's the status?
19:32:42 [plh]
ACTION: plh to find the status of protocol and size in resource timing
19:32:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-134 - Find the status of protocol and size in resource timing [on Philippe Le H├ęgaret - due 2014-04-02].
19:32:55 [plh]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/Web_Performance/Publications
19:34:23 [plh]
[adjourned]
19:34:38 [Zakim]
-Tobin
19:34:39 [Zakim]
-Rob
19:34:39 [Zakim]
-Mike
19:34:41 [Zakim]
RWC_web-per()3:00PM has ended
19:34:41 [Zakim]
Attendees were Rob, +1.617.444.aaaa, Plh, Mike, Tobin
19:35:36 [Zakim]
RWC_web-per()3:00PM has now started
19:35:43 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
19:35:55 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
19:35:56 [Zakim]
RWC_web-per()3:00PM has ended
19:35:56 [Zakim]
Attendees were [Microsoft]
19:36:54 [plh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
19:36:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html plh
19:37:34 [plh]
Present+ Tobin
19:37:37 [plh]
Present+ Mike
19:37:39 [plh]
Present+ Philippe
19:37:42 [plh]
Present+ Rob
19:37:46 [plh]
Chair: Tobin
19:37:51 [plh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
19:37:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/03/26-webperf-minutes.html plh
19:42:22 [plh]
close action-119
19:42:22 [trackbot]
Closed action-119.