IRC log of tagmem on 2014-03-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:55:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tagmem
17:55:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/03/13-tagmem-irc
17:55:25 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:55:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tagmem
17:55:27 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be TAG
17:55:27 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see TAG_Weekly()1:00PM scheduled to start 55 minutes ago
17:55:28 [trackbot]
Meeting: Technical Architecture Group Teleconference
17:55:28 [trackbot]
Date: 13 March 2014
17:56:05 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()1:00PM has now started
17:56:12 [Zakim]
+plinss
17:58:48 [JeniT]
JeniT has joined #tagmem
17:59:51 [JeniT]
trackbot, start telcon
17:59:53 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:59:55 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be TAG
17:59:55 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see TAG_Weekly()1:00PM already started
17:59:56 [trackbot]
Meeting: Technical Architecture Group Teleconference
17:59:56 [trackbot]
Date: 13 March 2014
18:00:21 [twirl]
twirl has joined #tagmem
18:00:39 [JeniT]
ScribeNick: JeniT
18:00:46 [Zakim]
+dka
18:00:54 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
18:01:03 [Zakim]
+??P5
18:01:06 [JeniT]
Scribe: Jeni
18:01:09 [twirl]
Zakim, ? is me
18:01:09 [Zakim]
+twirl; got it
18:01:15 [JeniT]
Chair: Peter
18:01:26 [JeniT]
Agenda: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TAG/Planning/2014-03-13-TC
18:02:07 [Domenic__]
zakim, code?
18:02:07 [Zakim]
the conference code is 0824 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), Domenic__
18:02:40 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.355.aaaa
18:02:47 [Domenic__]
Zakim, aaa is me
18:02:47 [Zakim]
sorry, Domenic__, I do not recognize a party named 'aaa'
18:02:52 [Domenic__]
Zakim, aaaa is me
18:02:52 [Zakim]
+Domenic__; got it
18:04:29 [Zakim]
+Yves
18:04:29 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.953.aabb
18:04:35 [dherman]
dherman has joined #tagmem
18:04:50 [Domenic__]
Zakim, aabb is dherman
18:04:50 [Zakim]
+dherman; got it
18:05:16 [JeniT]
Topic: Extensible Web Summit
18:05:29 [JeniT]
???: what should we prepare?
18:05:51 [JeniT]
s/???/Domenic_/
18:06:08 [JeniT]
dka: we should have some short curated talks at the beginning of the day
18:06:45 [JeniT]
... this is just to introduce topics
18:06:58 [JeniT]
... we could outline in a shared document some ideas about what those talks should be
18:07:08 [JeniT]
... and we can discuss at the F2F, which is 3 days beforehand
18:07:28 [JeniT]
... I just sent out an email to invitees who haven't registered
18:07:32 [dherman]
brb
18:07:57 [Zakim]
-dherman
18:08:11 [JeniT]
... I'll open more general registration tomorrow
18:08:18 [JeniT]
... which we should advertise
18:08:42 [JeniT]
... to already-knowledgable developers
18:09:04 [JeniT]
Domenic__: we should start that shared document for planning, eg topics, format
18:09:09 [JeniT]
dka: there's an etherpad
18:10:26 [JeniT]
dka: also, I had a ping from Evan Gill from Adobe asking about catering, budget, numbers etc
18:10:31 [twirl]
https://ewe.etherpad.mozilla.org/1
18:11:00 [JeniT]
... if we don't have money, attendees can purchase food from the Adobe cafe
18:11:08 [JeniT]
Domenic__: we can encourage going out for lunch
18:12:02 [JeniT]
plinss: could we send out a reminder to tag member list please
18:12:28 [Zakim]
+dherman
18:12:32 [JeniT]
Topic: F2F Agenda
18:12:41 [JeniT]
plinss: we have the wiki page for the agenda topics
18:13:22 [JeniT]
Domenic__: we might want to discuss module (?) integration
18:14:07 [JeniT]
Topic: Updates
18:14:14 [JeniT]
dka: nothing from me
18:14:41 [JeniT]
JeniT: nothing from me
18:14:50 [JeniT]
twirl: question from me: what should we do with EME draft?
18:14:52 [dka]
We may want to schedule a special call or chat or something about summit organization ...
18:15:08 [JeniT]
... I think it needs some population & fixing up
18:15:36 [Yves]
eme draft... => f2f topic
18:15:43 [JeniT]
+1 f2f topic
18:16:06 [JeniT]
dherman: did we capture all the feedback?
18:16:17 [Domenic__]
s/dherman/Domenic__
18:16:30 [Zakim]
-twirl
18:16:47 [Zakim]
+??P5
18:16:48 [twirl]
Zakim, ? is me
18:16:48 [Zakim]
+twirl; got it
18:17:30 [JeniT]
JeniT: I think an informed discussion at the f2f needs to include a structure + a summary of the discussion
18:17:50 [JeniT]
Domenic__: and should we do anything between now and f2f?
18:18:03 [JeniT]
plinss: twirl, please can you organise the feedback?
18:18:07 [timbl]
timbl has joined #tagmem
18:18:16 [JeniT]
Domenic__: I revised quota management review
18:18:26 [JeniT]
... I think we should send that over shortly
18:18:44 [JeniT]
... that was a good review in many ways, it clarified some things about what's important
18:19:01 [JeniT]
... and illustrated some general patterns that we should pull together
18:19:11 [JeniT]
... I saw twirl did web animations spec review too
18:19:21 [JeniT]
... which looks great from my scan, but I'll look at further
18:19:28 [JeniT]
... the promises guide is wrapping up
18:19:45 [JeniT]
... I got information about WebIDL & promises
18:20:05 [JeniT]
... the last piece was about authors needing specific information
18:20:14 [JeniT]
... the promises guide should be ready for review at f2f and then publication
18:20:27 [JeniT]
plinss: you want to send the quota management review?
18:20:34 [JeniT]
Domenic__: yes, unless there are objections
18:20:39 [JeniT]
plinss: any objections?
18:20:43 [JeniT]
twirl: I'm very happy
18:21:05 [JeniT]
dka: any more feedback should be in by Monday
18:21:17 [JeniT]
plinss: Domenic__, please prompt people on the list
18:21:22 [JeniT]
Domenic__: will do
18:21:39 [Zakim]
-JeniT
18:22:00 [Domenic__]
https://github.com/w3ctag/api-design-guide/blob/master/API%20Design%20Guide.md
18:22:16 [dherman]
Domenic__: design guide is very high level
18:22:20 [dherman]
Domenic__: lot of good possibilities there
18:22:28 [dherman]
Domenic__: what I did with quota mgmt was more specific
18:22:34 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
18:22:40 [dherman]
Domenic__: "here's what's wrong, here's why, here's how you'd do it in JS"
18:22:52 [dherman]
Domenic__: useful as feedback but not necessarily something you'd read
18:23:21 [JeniT]
dherman: you're saying you're not sure whether to capture at that level of detail?
18:23:24 [twirl]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2013/10/01-minutes.html#item02
18:23:30 [JeniT]
Domenic__: I don't think we should expect people to read it
18:23:45 [JeniT]
twirl: we discussed guide at last Cambridge f2f meeting
18:23:53 [JeniT]
... including what the guide should be
18:24:02 [JeniT]
... we decided we needed more completed reviews to make the guide
18:24:16 [JeniT]
... I had an action to start doing this guide, but I'm waiting for more reviews to make it
18:24:37 [JeniT]
plinss: it's worth capturing, could be an appendix
18:24:54 [JeniT]
Yves: no updates
18:25:16 [JeniT]
dherman: I started drafting an explainer for module integration
18:25:21 [JeniT]
... and some requirements documents
18:25:35 [JeniT]
... got a lot more attention than I expected
18:25:52 [JeniT]
... but it's going pretty well, though there are some people that aren't happy
18:25:55 [timbl]
timbl has joined #tagmem
18:26:13 [JeniT]
... I'm trying to capture as much design/rationale/requirements as I can
18:26:19 [JeniT]
... that will feed discussion at f2f
18:26:25 [JeniT]
... that's just in my github repo
18:26:43 [dherman]
https://github.com/dherman/web-modules/
18:27:15 [JeniT]
... we're working on new browser engine called Servo
18:27:22 [JeniT]
... redesigned from scratch
18:27:33 [JeniT]
... building better abstractions in the architecture
18:27:47 [JeniT]
... using extensible web philosophy & web components, layering implementation
18:28:05 [JeniT]
... I was pitching looking at web components sooner rather than later
18:28:26 [JeniT]
... and got interest
18:28:37 [JeniT]
... we're looking at core primitives for CSS
18:28:44 [Domenic__]
+1 for more external contribs with web components
18:28:49 [JeniT]
... the Servo team will be valuable in the extensible web discussions
18:28:55 [JeniT]
... and I'll try to bring them along to the summit
18:29:00 [JeniT]
... specifically to discuss CSS
18:29:13 [dka]
+1
18:29:13 [JeniT]
... Servo is an interesting project that I'd like people to be aware of
18:29:14 [Domenic__]
I could easily see hacking on <input type="date"> on a weekend
18:29:29 [JeniT]
... trying very different approaches from other browser engines
18:29:38 [JeniT]
... useful as a way of testing ideas for new features in the platform
18:29:58 [JeniT]
... to ensure they're implementable in very different engines
18:30:17 [JeniT]
Domenic__: it would be great to have that discussion at the summit
18:30:55 [JeniT]
dherman: they already do loads of abstraction from CSS in Servo
18:31:05 [JeniT]
... lots of interesting stuff to talk about
18:31:21 [JeniT]
Topic: AOB?
18:31:31 [JeniT]
ADJOURNED
18:31:34 [Zakim]
-dherman
18:31:36 [Zakim]
-Domenic__
18:31:37 [Zakim]
-twirl
18:31:38 [Zakim]
-JeniT
18:31:39 [Zakim]
-dka
18:31:40 [Zakim]
-plinss
18:31:41 [Zakim]
-Yves
18:31:41 [Zakim]
TAG_Weekly()1:00PM has ended
18:31:41 [Zakim]
Attendees were plinss, dka, JeniT, twirl, +1.408.355.aaaa, Domenic__, Yves, +1.617.953.aabb, dherman
18:31:44 [dherman]
dka: ok good to know
18:31:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/03/13-tagmem-minutes.html Yves
18:31:56 [dherman]
AFAIK the tizen folks are so far not interested in servo :)
18:32:17 [dka]
yeah that was my impression - different teams
18:32:50 [dka]
but you might want to invite your samsung contact and let them know that Wonsuk Lee and Jungkee Song are already registered.
18:34:09 [dherman]
ah ok
18:34:13 [dherman]
I've met Wonsuk
18:34:24 [dherman]
dka: is Daniel Glazman coming?
18:34:38 [dherman]
he also has a group of people (separate, but also samsung!) contributing to servo
20:39:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tagmem
22:01:52 [dherman]
dherman has joined #tagmem
23:20:05 [timbl]
timbl has joined #tagmem