W3C

- DRAFT -

ITS IG

12 Mar 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Yves, ankit, david, fsasaki, jirka, pedro, philr
Regrets
pablo
Chair
felix
Scribe
fsasaki

Contents


roll call

checking attendeeds ...

<dF> hi Felix, could you please help me out with my w3c account, I tried using it for my Madrid registration, but it did not work

<dF> my login is dfilip

<dF> I tried recovering my password using david.filip@ul.ie but nothing came

<dF> I wonder if I should make myslef a new account and apply for being an invited expert? as my ul account probably stopped working when UL membership ended?

<dF> I know the account is not necessary for registration

<dF> but I probably need one for the ig contributions

<dF> few things did not work with the old account recently, but when the registration failed I wonder if it is banned or something

<dF> hm, strange, my current password does not work and I did not get any recovery info in the past hour

<dF> is the associated e-mail address david.filip@ul.ie?

<dF> any idea why the registration form refused my credentials, I have them stored in a keypass db so a typo is not an option

<dF> again, the link requires login and refuses my current credentials :-(

<dF> the link to ig membership you posted

<dF> Sorry, Password Required An account (with a password) is required to view the page that you requested. If you don't have one, request a new account. If you have an account but forgot your password, recover your password. In case of trouble with any W3C Web account, please send an email to member-access@w3.org.

<dF> this link is public

<dF> the error message was for trzing to see the ig list and to register with my account

<dF> do zou think I can edit the ig wiki?

<dF> I will try

<dF> The wiki accpeted my login

<dF> also I was able to save a minor edit

<dF> I will register using the 'no' option

<dF> my credentials started magicallz working all over the place, including the reg form

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Mar/0007.html

ITS per data category

https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Description_of_ITS_benefit_per_data_category

pedro: just extend the time, and try to do it as soon as we can

<YvesS> +1 on continuing that page

phil: try to do it and see how it progresses

<philr> +1 we should try best to complete

phil: get more tools vendors to adopt - it would be much easier than approaching customers

agree

phil: trying to get a workflow working with dita. will document and publish that later

<pedro> http://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDkQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.translationzone.com%2FImages%2FSDL_WP_Studio2014_Whats_New_EN_A4_lores_tcm40-41934.pdf&ei=Ml0gU820EK-10QXa_YHoCw&usg=AFQjCNE0QGmWfHqGCCXudT_xxwaSocolpg&sig2=s4Z5aEnsTfMOZtw64IUnmQ

<dF> In the agenda, there is a wrong link for the XLIFF 2.0 mapping the correct one should be this: https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/XLIFF_2.0_Mapping

enhanced XML filter with support for open W3C standards such as ITS 2.0 - support in SDL 2014. No details yet provided

thanks, df - yes, I'll correct that

pedro: will check out SDL 2014 support later in a few months

XLIFF 2.0 mapping

http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/XLIFF_2.0_Mapping

<YvesS> I've started to implement ITS in the XLIFF2 Okapi lib (as an extension for now)

<YvesS> yes, looking at the 1.2 mapping

phil: talking to yves and dave about implementing XLIFF2 in ocelot

<YvesS> and tackling the datacat needed for Ocelot first

<YvesS> yes, the mapping page needs a lot or work

david: most of the 2.0 mappings are scetched on the old page

https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/XLIFF_Mapping

david: XLIFF 2.0 is now being pushed on the community spec level. That will hopefully happen next week or early April

<YvesS> old mapping page: http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/XLIFF_Mapping

<dF> https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/XLIFF_Mapping

felix: so a lot of the mapping is done

phil: wondering if implementation of mappings implementation would change if there is a decision made to make ITS a module of XLIFF2?

david: interesting aspect. It is good to work on the mapping on the IG
... at some point to ensure that it becomes an xliff module, it needs to move to the TC
... and then it will need a statement of use / reference implementations
... three implementations are required

<YvesS> actually OASIS doesn't require ANY implementations...

david: we could get for a third one among CNGL partners, in addition to Ocelot / Okapi

<YvesS> it requires only statment of use

<dF> SoU

three statement of use are needed

<YvesS> not corporate

felix: what is the timeline for ITS in XLIFF2?

david: no rigourous planning so far
... a CNGL working item. Having the mapping workin in XLIFF 2.0 is one of the goals in CNGL2
... I will make it a priority as soon as the XLIFF2 committee spec is out
... there is a little technical work on the spec
... finish the mapping on the wiki by the summer break would be great

<scribe> ACTION: felix to assure that XLIFF2 mapping is finished by end of june - due 2014-06-30 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-40 - Assure that xliff2 mapping is finished by end of june [on Felix Sasaki - due 2014-06-30].

<YvesS> Note that mapping and implementations can be done as extension, and making the extension an official module can be done later.

felix: formalization of module - does that include a namespace change?

david: we said we'd accept namespaces hosted by proper standards org
... we hit some issues with validation
... the current spec validates based on OASIS hosted urn prefixes
... so two options: co-host namespace by OASIS
... or in 2.1 another prefix is added to the spec

felix: adding a poitner from w3c namespace doc to oasis namespace would not be an issue

david: one of the other features
... there is interest in the community for ITS module
... if there are other ideas, I would add them to 2.2 rather than 2.1
... for XLIFF 2.1, the main work is: ITS module + advanced validation support
... currently we have only XSD
... all other things need to be hand made
... are not supported by TC artefacts

felix: is there an easy way to see the constraints to check?

david: all relevant sections are labelled as constraints
... see the conformance section that is defined

<YvesS> IMO it's not easy to get a list of all constraints and PRs. I've started an Excel list I can post

that would be great, Yves

david: that could be part of advanced validation support in 2.1

felix: happy to help with the validation support
... having a list of the constraints would be helpful

david: having phd student who is starting with this

<YvesS> The Excel list is in the conformance folder in the OkapiXLIFFL distribution (http://okapi.opentag.com/snapshots/okapi-xliffLib_all-platforms_0.21-SNAPSHOT.zip)

thanks, Yves

<dF> https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xliff/trunk/xliff-20/xliff-core.pdf

<dF> https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xliff/

<dF> https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xliff/trunk/xliff-20/test-suite/#_trunk_xliff-20_test-suite_

<YvesS> no

<scribe> ACTION: felix to look into XLIFF2 validation using the oasis svn truck [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-41 - Look into xliff2 validation using the oasis svn truck [on Felix Sasaki - due 2014-03-19].

issues proposed features

pablo working on readiness

pedro: example: give a flag whether content should be revised or not

david: we had nice readiness in XLIFF 2.0, was dropped in a ballot
... will post a link about this

felix: that can help our readiness definition

pedro: wondering whether the decision "publishing or not" and you send it back to CMS: should be in the CMS another decision point in here
... e.g. be ready to publish or do another step (validation ...)

david: the diagram is the highest level possible, has the highest level of check points, depends on state machine

pedro: add one more decision point to CMS or saying things are ready for publishing

david: we can take this offline
... updated the action item with this about the ongoing discussion

ITS Ontology

http://www.w3.org/2005/11/its/rdf#

felix: moving the ontology to github - what the implications are?

david: may be relevant for analytics

felix: feedback from dave may be needed

david: from persistence w3c seems more stable and reliable

phil: we have not done more than since then the work on the NIF test suite
... have been talking to Dave how that relates to CNGL work
... not final discussion yet
... dave and I were trying to do something for madrid conference

david: invite sebastian to the call next time?
... he probably expects some changes to track

upcoming related events

http://www.multilingualweb.eu/documents/2014-madrid-workshop/2014-madrid-cfp#importantdates

"Localization World Dublin FEISGILLT

FEISGILLT deadline is 19 March

david: two calls - XLIFF symposium, content analytics topic
... ITS related topics can fit in either of calls
... e.g. XLIFF mapping better in XLIFF symposium, others in content analytics
... interop use cases, academic papers, demonstrators etc.

<YvesS> FWIW: I'd be happy to do some demo/presentation (e.g. XLIFF2+ITS2) etc. I've submitted 3 proposals. But I don't have the budget to go to Dublin.

<YvesS> Dave told me he talked to Asun.

<YvesS> sure I'll send you that today

http://www.w3.org/community/ld4lt/wiki/LD4LT_Group_Kick-Off_Meeting_and_Roadmap

<dF> FEISGILTT http://bit.ly/1c4RC5Y CAL call http://bit.ly/1aOppVV XLIFF call http://bit.ly/1aOo7Kr

david: all submissions through easy chair
... need to choose track + topics, formats are the same

webplatform.org

felix: is there something people should focus on if they want to contribute?

<Jirka> yes, I'm here

jirka: before luxembourg meeting I created empty page for all its data categories
... but did not have time to put content for all data categories

felix: releveance for data categories?

jirka: will do if I have time

http://docs.webplatform.org/wiki/its/attributes

pedro: a lot of content already about CSS etc.
... we have already done a lot of that stuff, in wiki etc.
... maybe people more related with universities have a phd students to compile the info
... material is done, just needs to be gathered and put in
... not only in IG wiki, but also with test files etc.

aob

<YvesS> Thanks. Bye.

<pedro> bye

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: felix to assure that XLIFF2 mapping is finished by end of june - due 2014-06-30 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to look into XLIFF2 validation using the oasis svn truck [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/03/12-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-03-12 14:06:50 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/London/Dublin/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: fsasaki
Inferring Scribes: fsasaki
Present: Yves ankit david fsasaki jirka pedro philr
Regrets: pablo
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Mar/0007.html
Got date from IRC log name: 12 Mar 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/03/12-i18nits-minutes.html
People with action items: felix

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]