W3C

Research and Development Working Group Teleconference

05 Mar 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Simon, Vivienne, Yehya, Justin, Klaus, Peter
Regrets
Shadi, Yeliz, Christos, Silvia, Giorgio, Markel, David, Luz, Markku
Chair
Simon
Scribe
Simon

Contents


https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/50 [sharper]

surveys - https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/42 [yehya]

report https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/49 [david]

https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/52 [klaus]

https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/54 [justin/silvia]

Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)

All W3C users who have not changed their password

recently should be notified when they interact with protected resources

on our site as Janina and others experienced.

If your users do not know their current passwords they can recover them

via:

http://www.w3.org/accounts/recover

Update the group on the next topic - https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/53

RESOLUTION: Markku not here so postponed

Check in with Participants and their Expectations -

ACTION-50: Discussed with group

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-50 Check in with Participants and their Expectations.

Develop a new editor draft with christos based on the feedback from the two

Yehya: now in review - delivery within two weeks

ACTION-42: Delivery of new version with 2 weeks

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-42 Develop a new editor draft with christos based on the feedback from the two surveys.

Work with shawn on developing an editor draft for the text customization research

TC4R: Shawn and I have been in discussion about the TC4R report, and we'll be working on extending the draft between now and W4A. We plan to meet at W4A to plan its completion.

ACTION-49: TC4R: Shawn and I have been in discussion about the TC4R report, and we'll be working on extending the draft between now and W4A. We plan to meet at W4A to plan its completion.

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-49 Work with shawn on developing an editor draft for the text customization research report.

TAAR https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/46

ds: Tips for Accessibility Aware Research: I haven't been able to progress the draft due to pressure of work - but will shoot for a week today for an updated draft. I had an idea that we could use the W4A 2014 (for those who are present) to have a Wednesday morning activity to discuss what this article might cover.

ACTION-46: Tips for Accessibility Aware Research: I haven't been able to progress the draft due to pressure of work - but will shoot for a week today for an updated draft. I had an idea that we could use the W4A 2014 (for those who are present) to have a Wednesday morning activity to discuss what this article might cover.

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-46 Update taar as discussed http://www.w3.org/wai/rd/wiki/tips_for_accessibility-aware_research.

+1

<Vivienne> +1

<Justin> +1

<klaus> +1

People at W4A is 3 on the call David, Markel, Giorgio

Shadi I think too!

<Vivienne> sounds good to me

<Peter_Thiessen> +1

<Justin> +1

Sh: Could get others involved for outreach

Share details of the two upcoming catalogue topics.

Klaus, should be finished by next week.

ACTION-52: should be finished by next week.

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-52 Share details of the two upcoming catalogue topics..

Write up e-learning symposium draft within 2 months

Justin: Still working - all underway.

ACTION-54: Still working - all underway - revisit after W4A.

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-54 Write up e-learning symposium draft within 2 months.

Develop a new editor draft with christos based on the feedback from the two

Write up e-learning symposium draft within 2 months

Metrics Note https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/47

ACTION-47: Still Pending

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-47 Complete feedback on metrics research report.

Mobile Note https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/48

ACTION-48: Still Pending

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-48 Complete feedback on mobile research report.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-03-06 08:34:25 $