IRC log of xproc on 2014-02-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:53:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
14:53:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/02/05-xproc-irc
14:53:28 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xproc
14:53:31 [Norm]
zakim, this will be xproc
14:53:31 [Zakim]
ok, Norm; I see XML_PMWG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
14:53:45 [Norm]
Norm has changed the topic to: XProc agenda: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/02/05-agenda
14:57:02 [Norm]
zakim, passcode
14:57:02 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'passcode', Norm
14:57:06 [Norm]
zakim, passcode?
14:57:07 [Zakim]
the conference code is 97762 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), Norm
14:57:53 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()10:00AM has now started
14:57:59 [Zakim]
+Norm
14:59:38 [Zakim]
+Alex_Milows
14:59:40 [Zakim]
-Alex_Milows
15:00:10 [Norm]
Didn't stay long, did you alexmilowski ?
15:00:11 [Norm]
:-)
15:00:15 [Zakim]
+Alex_Milows
15:00:22 [Vojtech]
Vojtech has joined #xproc
15:01:08 [ht]
ht has joined #xproc
15:01:15 [Zakim]
+[EMC]
15:01:22 [Vojtech]
zakim, emc is me
15:01:22 [Zakim]
+Vojtech; got it
15:02:18 [Zakim]
+??P21
15:02:22 [ht]
zakim, ? is me
15:02:22 [Zakim]
+ht; got it
15:02:38 [Norm]
zakim, who's here?
15:02:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Norm, Alex_Milows, Vojtech, ht (muted)
15:02:39 [Zakim]
On IRC I see ht, Vojtech, Zakim, RRSAgent, Norm, alexmilowski, liam
15:04:23 [Norm]
Present: Norm, Alex, Vojtech, Henry, Jim
15:04:58 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:05:02 [Norm]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
15:05:02 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
15:05:02 [Norm]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/02/05-agenda
15:05:02 [Norm]
Date: 5 Feb 2014
15:05:03 [Norm]
Meeting: 242
15:05:05 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
15:05:07 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
15:05:09 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
15:05:14 [Norm]
Topic: Accept this agenda?
15:05:14 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/02/05-agenda
15:05:21 [Norm]
Accepted.
15:05:24 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
15:05:24 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2014/01/29-minutes
15:05:29 [Norm]
Accepted.
15:05:34 [Norm]
Topic: Next meeting: 19/20 Feb 2014 (face-to-face in Edinburgh).
15:06:44 [Norm]
Jim and Vojtech will attend remotely. Alex, Henry, Norm expected in person.
15:06:54 [Norm]
Topic: Review of open action items
15:07:11 [Norm]
zakim, unmute ht
15:07:11 [Zakim]
ht should no longer be muted
15:08:33 [Norm]
Topic: Publish XPP as a Working Group Note
15:08:45 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/xml-proc-profiles.html
15:09:02 [Norm]
Norm: I propose to request publication of that document as a Working Group Note, are there any objections?
15:09:26 [Norm]
None heard.
15:09:42 [Norm]
Topic: Face-to-face agenda
15:09:49 [Norm]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2014Feb/0010.html
15:11:02 [Norm]
Norm: Any oomments or proposes for changes?
15:11:48 [Norm]
s/oomments/comments/
15:11:56 [Norm]
Alex: Shouldn't we start with a review of the existing requirements document?
15:12:26 [Norm]
Norm: I'll add that to the agenda
15:12:41 [Norm]
Topic: Jim's SCXML review
15:13:02 [Norm]
Norm: Thank you, Jim, for doing that review.
15:13:42 [Norm]
Norm: I think the net-net is that there's some similarity but sufficient differences that there's probably no value in attempting to coordinate more closely.
15:14:06 [Norm]
Jim: The only overlap really is the executable content; they say a processor may provide additional executable content. In theory you could drop XProc in there.
15:15:02 [Norm]
Jim: There's some ambiguity in the spec wrt the context item; we could ask them about that. They're also using XPath 1.0, but I don't see any reason they couldn't upgrade.
15:15:22 [Norm]
Norm: Ok, but do you want the WG to do that?
15:15:33 [Norm]
Jim: I think we should send suggestions.
15:16:07 [Norm]
ACTION: A-252-01 Jim to draft a proposed response to the SCXML WG.
15:16:25 [Norm]
Topic: Progress on 1.0 bugs
15:16:48 [Norm]
None reported.
15:16:55 [Norm]
Topic: Any progress on step libraries
15:17:13 [Norm]
Jim: I'm pretty much ready to republish the steps.
15:17:24 [Norm]
Norm: Should we put that on the f2f agenda?
15:17:47 [Norm]
Jim: Yes
15:17:49 [Norm]
Norm: Ok.
15:19:12 [Norm]
Topic: Review of requirements document
15:19:13 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc-v2-req/
15:20:27 [jfuller]
jfuller has joined #xproc
15:24:28 [jfuller]
ignore - testing new irc client
15:37:48 [Norm]
Topic: Any other business?
15:37:56 [Norm]
Adjourned.
15:38:13 [Zakim]
-Alex_Milows
15:38:15 [Zakim]
-Norm
15:38:15 [Zakim]
-Vojtech
15:38:17 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
15:38:20 [Norm]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:38:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/02/05-xproc-minutes.html Norm
15:38:32 [jfuller]
jfuller has joined #xproc
15:38:35 [Zakim]
-ht
15:38:36 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()10:00AM has ended
15:38:36 [Zakim]
Attendees were Norm, Alex_Milows, Vojtech, ht, [IPcaller]
15:40:16 [ht]
Norm, I _have_ now reserved a batphone. . .
15:40:29 [Norm]
Thanks, Henry!
15:54:56 [ht]
Norm, can you come on Skype so I can test a possible batphone?
15:55:02 [Norm]
sure
15:55:56 [Norm]
sorry, try again
16:11:57 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
16:13:23 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
17:21:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc
18:50:19 [ht]
ht has left #xproc