IRC log of webtv on 2014-01-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:31:50 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webtv
13:31:50 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-irc
13:50:15 [skim13]
skim13 has joined #webtv
13:50:58 [PaulHiggs]
PaulHiggs has joined #webtv
13:52:55 [jcverdie]
jcverdie has joined #webtv
13:54:31 [skim13]
skim13 has left #webtv
13:54:58 [kaz]
kaz has joined #webtv
13:55:16 [kaz]
zakim, code?
13:55:16 [Zakim]
the conference code is 932881 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), kaz
13:55:28 [kaz]
zakim, call kazuyuki-617
13:55:28 [Zakim]
ok, kaz; the call is being made
13:55:28 [Zakim]
UW_WebTVIG()9:00AM has now started
13:55:30 [Zakim]
+Kazuyuki
13:56:17 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
13:56:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki
13:56:18 [Zakim]
On IRC I see kaz, jcverdie, RRSAgent, Zakim, glenn, tobie_, timeless, sangwhan__, schuki, trackbot
13:56:43 [skim13]
skim13 has joined #webtv
13:58:17 [ddavis]
ddavis has joined #webtv
13:58:43 [whyun]
whyun has joined #webtv
13:58:57 [jcverdie]
jcverdie has joined #webtv
13:59:17 [gmandyam]
gmandyam has joined #webtv
13:59:44 [Zakim]
+gmandyam
14:00:23 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
14:00:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, gmandyam
14:00:24 [Zakim]
On IRC I see gmandyam, jcverdie, whyun, ddavis, skim13, kaz, RRSAgent, Zakim, glenn, tobie_, timeless, sangwhan__, schuki, trackbot
14:00:35 [Zakim]
+??P12
14:00:38 [ddavis]
zakim, ??P12 is me
14:00:41 [Zakim]
+ddavis; got it
14:00:41 [Zakim]
+??P13
14:00:48 [kaz]
zakim, ??P13 is skim13
14:00:48 [Zakim]
+skim13; got it
14:00:54 [Zakim]
-skim13
14:01:20 [Zakim]
+??P13
14:01:22 [ddavis]
zakim, ??P13 is me
14:01:22 [Zakim]
+ddavis; got it
14:01:27 [ddavis]
zakim, ??P12 is skim13
14:01:29 [Zakim]
I already had ??P12 as ddavis, ddavis
14:01:33 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
14:01:33 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, gmandyam, ddavis, ddavis.a
14:01:35 [Zakim]
On IRC I see gmandyam, jcverdie, whyun, ddavis, skim13, kaz, RRSAgent, Zakim, glenn, tobie_, timeless, sangwhan__, schuki, trackbot
14:01:44 [kaz]
zakim, ddavis.a is skim13
14:01:45 [Zakim]
+skim13; got it
14:02:00 [ddavis]
zakim, mute me
14:02:03 [Zakim]
+Jean-Charles
14:02:03 [Zakim]
ddavis should now be muted
14:02:28 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
14:02:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, gmandyam, ddavis (muted), skim13, Jean-Charles
14:02:30 [Zakim]
On IRC I see gmandyam, jcverdie, whyun, ddavis, skim13, kaz, RRSAgent, Zakim, glenn, tobie_, timeless, sangwhan__, schuki, trackbot
14:03:05 [jcverdie]
Bin is going to be here (but for 30 mins only), suggest to wait for him
14:03:09 [jcverdie]
zakim, mute me
14:03:09 [Zakim]
sorry, jcverdie, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
14:03:24 [Zakim]
+Daniel_Wester
14:03:30 [jcverdie]
zakim, Jean-Charles is jcverdie
14:03:30 [Zakim]
+jcverdie; got it
14:03:35 [jcverdie]
zakim, mute me
14:03:35 [Zakim]
jcverdie should now be muted
14:03:42 [jcverdie]
zakim, agenda?
14:03:42 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
14:03:43 [Zakim]
1. Review AI [from jcverdie]
14:03:43 [Zakim]
2. Schedule of cleanup work [from jcverdie]
14:03:43 [Zakim]
3. Initial draft of wrap-up [from jcverdie]
14:04:35 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
14:04:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, gmandyam, ddavis (muted), skim13, jcverdie (muted), Daniel_Wester
14:04:36 [Bin_Hu]
Bin_Hu has joined #webtv
14:04:38 [Zakim]
On IRC I see gmandyam, jcverdie, whyun, ddavis, skim13, kaz, RRSAgent, Zakim, glenn, tobie_, timeless, sangwhan__, schuki, trackbot
14:05:08 [Zakim]
+Paul_Higgs
14:05:15 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
14:05:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, gmandyam, ddavis (muted), skim13, jcverdie (muted), Daniel_Wester, Paul_Higgs
14:05:17 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Bin_Hu, gmandyam, jcverdie, whyun, ddavis, skim13, kaz, RRSAgent, Zakim, glenn, tobie_, timeless, sangwhan__, schuki, trackbot
14:05:31 [jcverdie]
Hi Bin
14:05:47 [CyrilRa]
CyrilRa has joined #webtv
14:05:48 [kaz]
Present: Kaz, Giri, Daniel_Davis, Skim, JC, Daniel_Wester, Paul
14:05:53 [Zakim]
+Bin_Hu
14:05:59 [jcverdie]
zakim, unmute me
14:05:59 [Zakim]
jcverdie should no longer be muted
14:06:09 [kaz]
Present+ Bin
14:06:09 [kaz]
Chair: Bin
14:06:34 [kaz]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2014Jan/0002.html
14:06:40 [sangwhan__]
sangwhan__ has left #webtv
14:07:12 [jcverdie]
kaz i can start scribing but when bin leaves someone needs to replace me
14:07:16 [jcverdie]
Zakim, agenda?
14:07:16 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
14:07:17 [Zakim]
1. Review AI [from jcverdie]
14:07:17 [Zakim]
2. Schedule of cleanup work [from jcverdie]
14:07:17 [Zakim]
3. Initial draft of wrap-up [from jcverdie]
14:07:21 [jcverdie]
scribe: jcverdie
14:07:30 [jcverdie]
Bin: I need to leave in 30 mins
14:07:31 [kaz]
scribe: JC
14:07:33 [Sheau]
Sheau has joined #webtv
14:07:34 [jcverdie]
Zakim, next agendum
14:07:34 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Review AI" taken up [from jcverdie]
14:07:41 [jcverdie]
Action Items: http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/open
14:07:43 [trackbot]
Error finding 'Items'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/users>.
14:07:45 [kaz]
i/Bin:/scribenick: jcverdie/
14:07:56 [jcverdie]
rrsagent, drop action 1
14:08:00 [Zakim]
+sheau
14:08:10 [kaz]
Present+ Sheau
14:08:13 [Zakim]
+??P21
14:08:29 [Bin_Hu]
https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/products/7
14:09:09 [kaz]
zakim, ??P21 is Wook
14:09:09 [Zakim]
+Wook; got it
14:09:12 [kaz]
Present+ Wook
14:09:29 [kaz]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2014Jan/0002.html
14:10:02 [jcverdie]
Bin: let's review the action items associated with Media API
14:10:19 [jcverdie]
AI 125 https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/125
14:10:28 [PaulHiggs]
PaulHiggs has joined #webtv
14:10:30 [jcverdie]
Bin: I dont know if it's still valid. Kaz?
14:10:31 [kaz]
action-125?
14:10:31 [trackbot]
action-125 -- Giuseppe Pascale to Draft use cases related to metadata -- due 2013-11-21 -- OPEN
14:10:31 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/125
14:11:08 [jcverdie]
Regret+ Giuseppep
14:11:38 [kaz]
jc: can check with Giuseppe offline
14:11:43 [kaz]
action-131?
14:11:43 [jcverdie]
action: jcverdie to ping giuseppe to update ai 125
14:11:43 [trackbot]
action-131 -- Clarke Stevens to Move the requirements document to google docs -- due 2013-08-21 -- OPEN
14:11:43 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/131
14:11:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-180 - Ping giuseppe to update ai 125 [on Jean-Charles Verdie - due 2014-01-29].
14:11:57 [jcverdie]
Bin: next one is 163 assigned to Yosuke
14:12:02 [jcverdie]
... I believe this one is closed?
14:12:24 [jcverdie]
... since gap analysis is finished
14:12:47 [jcverdie]
... 164 assigned to Giri
14:12:54 [jcverdie]
... same, gap analysis. to be closed
14:13:09 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
14:13:09 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:13:09 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html kaz
14:13:15 [gmandyam]
No objection from me to close AI 164
14:13:31 [jcverdie]
action: Bin to close 164 and 163
14:13:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-181 - Close 164 and 163 [on Bin Hu - due 2014-01-29].
14:14:19 [jcverdie]
Bin: Next is 168 assigned to me. I believe it is closed too
14:14:35 [kaz]
close action-163
14:14:35 [trackbot]
Closed action-163.
14:14:36 [kaz]
close action-164
14:14:36 [trackbot]
Closed action-164.
14:14:44 [kaz]
close action-168
14:14:44 [trackbot]
Closed action-168.
14:14:56 [jcverdie]
close action-181
14:14:56 [trackbot]
Closed action-181.
14:15:19 [jcverdie]
Bin: 169 has been integrated. let's close it
14:15:28 [wwu]
wwu has joined #webtv
14:15:40 [Zakim]
-ddavis
14:16:18 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
14:16:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, gmandyam, skim13, jcverdie, Daniel_Wester, Paul_Higgs, Bin_Hu, sheau, Wook
14:16:20 [Zakim]
On IRC I see wwu, PaulHiggs, Sheau, CyrilRa, Bin_Hu, gmandyam, jcverdie, whyun, ddavis, skim13, kaz, RRSAgent, Zakim, glenn, tobie_, timeless, schuki, trackbot
14:16:39 [jcverdie]
... 177: all the question marks have been cleared as gap analysis is finished
14:16:47 [jcverdie]
... suggest to close it
14:17:05 [jcverdie]
close action-169
14:17:05 [trackbot]
Closed action-169.
14:17:07 [jcverdie]
close action-177
14:17:07 [trackbot]
Closed action-177.
14:17:15 [Zakim]
+WuWei
14:17:34 [jcverdie]
Bin: next one is 178 start a req document
14:17:46 [wwu]
zakim, mute me
14:17:46 [Zakim]
sorry, wwu, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
14:17:52 [jcverdie]
... still ongoing ( same for 179)
14:18:27 [kaz]
w3c
14:18:29 [jcverdie]
Kaz: who joined?
14:18:42 [jcverdie]
wwu: I'm from W3C @@@@
14:18:54 [Zakim]
+??P24
14:19:05 [mark_vickers]
mark_vickers has joined #webtv
14:19:10 [jcverdie]
RRSAgent, actions
14:19:10 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'actions', jcverdie. Try /msg RRSAgent help
14:19:10 [wwu]
W3C @ MIT
14:19:14 [jcverdie]
RRSAgent, actions?
14:19:14 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. Sorry, nothing found for 'actions'
14:19:20 [jcverdie]
RRSAgent, list actions
14:19:20 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-actions.rdf :
14:19:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jcverdie to ping giuseppe to update ai 125 [2]
14:19:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-irc#T14-11-43-1
14:19:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Bin to close 164 and 163 [3]
14:19:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-irc#T14-13-31
14:19:28 [kaz]
zakim, ??P24 is skim
14:19:28 [Zakim]
+skim; got it
14:19:38 [jcverdie]
RRSAgent, drop action 3
14:19:41 [jcverdie]
RRSAgent, list actions
14:19:41 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-actions.rdf :
14:19:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jcverdie to ping giuseppe to update ai 125 [2]
14:19:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-irc#T14-11-43-1
14:19:47 [jcverdie]
zakim, next agendum
14:19:47 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Schedule of cleanup work" taken up [from jcverdie]
14:20:04 [wwu]
zakim, mute wuwei
14:20:04 [Zakim]
WuWei should now be muted
14:20:10 [CyrilRa]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:20:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, gmandyam, skim13, jcverdie, Daniel_Wester, Paul_Higgs, Bin_Hu, sheau, Wook, WuWei (muted), skim
14:20:22 [jcverdie]
Bin: We proposed in the previous meetings to finish the work by end of January
14:20:32 [jcverdie]
... still ongoing so need to adjust the schedule
14:21:24 [jcverdie]
jc: remaining actions are the wrapup doc and reshaping of use cases
14:21:41 [jcverdie]
Bin: two aspects. finish the TF notes as mentioned previously
14:22:02 [Zakim]
+Mark_Vickers
14:22:06 [jcverdie]
... and next big action is what's the next step
14:22:17 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
14:22:17 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Kazuyuki, gmandyam, skim13, jcverdie, Daniel_Wester, Paul_Higgs, Bin_Hu, sheau, Wook, WuWei (muted), skim, Mark_Vickers
14:22:19 [Zakim]
On IRC I see mark_vickers, wwu, PaulHiggs, Sheau, CyrilRa, Bin_Hu, gmandyam, jcverdie, whyun, ddavis, skim13, kaz, RRSAgent, Zakim, glenn, tobie_, timeless, schuki, trackbot
14:22:23 [jcverdie]
s/previously/previously and reshaping use cases
14:22:25 [Zakim]
-Daniel_Wester
14:22:32 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:22:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html kaz
14:22:47 [Zakim]
+Daniel_Wester
14:23:00 [kaz]
Present+ WuWei, Mark
14:23:04 [CyrilRa]
Daniel_Wester is CyrilRa
14:23:16 [kaz]
Meeting: Media APIs TF call
14:23:17 [Zakim]
-Wook
14:23:17 [jcverdie]
... Accept new Use Cases and iterate on requirements, gap analysis, ...
14:23:25 [CyrilRa]
Zakim, Daniel_Wester is CyrilRa
14:23:25 [Zakim]
+CyrilRa; got it
14:23:31 [jcverdie]
... Also involve in Working Groups or CGs such as Tuner API and @@@
14:23:35 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:23:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html kaz
14:24:10 [kaz]
Present: Kaz, Giri, Daniel_Davis, Skim, JC, Daniel_West Paul, Bin, Sheau, Wook, WuWei, Mark
14:24:15 [jcverdie]
q?
14:24:25 [kaz]
Present: Kaz, Giri, Daniel, Skim, JC, Cyril, Paul, Bin, Sheau, Wook, WuWei, Mark
14:24:32 [Zakim]
+??P21
14:25:03 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:25:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html kaz
14:25:29 [jcverdie]
jcverdie: I suggest we go ahead with CG creation and announce to the IG so that people interested can join
14:25:42 [jcverdie]
... otherwise if we start talking in the IG it would slow down the process
14:25:57 [jcverdie]
... regarding use cases a few have been mentioned recently offline in the mailing list
14:26:06 [jcverdie]
kaz: who would chair the CG?
14:26:54 [jcverdie]
Bin: here's a proposal. by end of Feb Giuseppe and myself finish our AI and we can wrap-up existing work
14:27:06 [jcverdie]
... While we discuss new scope of the work
14:27:23 [jcverdie]
... Giuseppe, JC and I will discuss the schedule for the new round of the TF
14:27:40 [jcverdie]
Zakim, agenda?
14:27:40 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda:
14:27:41 [Zakim]
2. Schedule of cleanup work [from jcverdie]
14:27:41 [Zakim]
3. Initial draft of wrap-up [from jcverdie]
14:27:53 [jcverdie]
zakim, drop agendum 3
14:27:53 [wuwei]
wuwei has joined #webtv
14:27:53 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Initial draft of wrap-up, dropped
14:28:03 [jcverdie]
zakim, next agendum
14:28:03 [Zakim]
I do not see any more non-closed or non-skipped agenda items, jcverdie
14:28:17 [kaz]
zakim, take up next agenda item
14:28:17 [Zakim]
I do not see any more non-closed or non-skipped agenda items, kaz
14:28:34 [kaz]
zakim, close agenda item 1
14:28:34 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close agenda item 1', kaz
14:28:36 [jcverdie]
Bin: ... We can go ahead on the creation of the CG. We need to discuss (w/ Kaz also) about how to do this
14:29:11 [jcverdie]
JC: Can Kaz help us on how to properly create a CG?
14:30:07 [jcverdie]
Action: Kaz to discuss with JC, Bin about the details of how to create the CG
14:30:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-182 - Discuss with jc, bin about the details of how to create the cg [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2014-01-29].
14:30:40 [jcverdie]
RRSAgent: list actions
14:30:40 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-actions.rdf :
14:30:40 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jcverdie to ping giuseppe to update ai 125 [2]
14:30:40 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-irc#T14-11-43-1
14:30:40 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kaz to discuss with JC, Bin about the details of how to create the CG [4]
14:30:40 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-irc#T14-30-07
14:30:59 [jcverdie]
action: Bin to discuss with Giuseppe and JC about schedule of the next iteration of the TF
14:30:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-183 - Discuss with giuseppe and jc about schedule of the next iteration of the tf [on Bin Hu - due 2014-01-29].
14:32:08 [jcverdie]
JC: is your idea to fix a schedule and do as much work as we can in the timeframe ?
14:32:22 [jcverdie]
... or make the schedule flexible depending on how many UC we get?
14:32:29 [jcverdie]
Bin: I think we'll have a flexible schedule
14:32:47 [jcverdie]
zakim, close agendum 2
14:32:47 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Schedule of cleanup work, closed
14:32:48 [Zakim]
I see nothing remaining on the agenda
14:33:02 [jcverdie]
Bin: Agenda item 3 has been dropped. AOB?
14:33:07 [jcverdie]
(everybody snorring)
14:33:24 [kaz]
q+
14:33:27 [jcverdie]
Congratulations Bin you made it in 30 minutes :)
14:33:37 [jcverdie]
Bin: next meeting next week or in 2 weeks?
14:33:39 [Bin_Hu]
Thank you :)
14:34:13 [jcverdie]
Kaz: 2 weeks is fine, but I'd like to suggest things for the next round
14:34:17 [Zakim]
-skim
14:34:23 [jcverdie]
... I'll share it on the public list
14:34:35 [ddavis]
+1
14:34:36 [jcverdie]
... We could create a wiki page to record these new ideas
14:34:39 [jcverdie]
+!
14:34:49 [wuwei]
wuwei has joined #webtv
14:34:53 [jcverdie]
Action: Kaz to create a wiki page to gather new ideas for the next round of the TF
14:34:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-184 - Create a wiki page to gather new ideas for the next round of the tf [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2014-01-29].
14:35:32 [Zakim]
-Paul_Higgs
14:35:35 [Zakim]
-CyrilRa
14:35:37 [Zakim]
-gmandyam
14:35:40 [Zakim]
-Mark_Vickers
14:35:43 [Zakim]
-sheau
14:35:52 [Zakim]
-WuWei
14:35:53 [Zakim]
-Kazuyuki
14:35:53 [Zakim]
-jcverdie
14:35:56 [Zakim]
-Bin_Hu
14:36:07 [Zakim]
-??P21
14:36:09 [jcverdie]
kaz, i didn't catch your last statement
14:36:17 [jcverdie]
RRSAgent, make minutes
14:36:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html jcverdie
14:36:43 [mark_vickers]
mark_vickers has left #webtv
14:38:18 [skim13]
skim13 has left #webtv
14:46:06 [wwu]
wwu has joined #webtv
15:01:06 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:01:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2014/01/22-webtv-minutes.html kaz
15:06:41 [wuwei]
wuwei has joined #webtv
15:22:22 [wuwei]
wuwei has left #webtv
15:35:01 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, skim13, in UW_WebTVIG()9:00AM
15:35:02 [Zakim]
UW_WebTVIG()9:00AM has ended
15:35:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were Kazuyuki, gmandyam, ddavis, skim13, jcverdie, Paul_Higgs, Bin_Hu, sheau, Wook, WuWei, skim, Mark_Vickers, CyrilRa
16:40:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webtv
18:32:59 [glenn_]
glenn_ has joined #webtv