W3C

- DRAFT -

ITS IG

08 Jan 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
fsasaki, pedro, YvesS, garylefman, philr, Ankit, dF, leroy, christian, Jirka
Regrets
dave, jörg, pablo
Chair
felix
Scribe
fsasaki

Contents


<YvesS> present YvesS+

happy new year + agenda

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Jan/0002.html

Review preparations

form Cs filled in, the m24 report "your parts" to send to me

felix: by end of next week
... felix will send document around again

<YvesS> Yes, sending the doc again will help. Thanks

26 February, 1/2 day prep meeting 25 Feb, in Lux

start 25 noon

no schedule page yet

<scribe> ACTION: felix to prepare a review schedule page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/08-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-35 - Prepare a review schedule page [on Felix Sasaki - due 2014-01-15].

felix: arrvie 25 by noon, leave 26 after 5 pm

Benefits per data category

http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Description_of_ITS_benefit_per_data_category#Template

http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/Description_of_ITS_benefit_per_data_category#Localization_Note

<YvesS> I think it looks fine. It's short, to the point and not too techincal. just what an average localizer would need.

<philr> Can you give me until 24/1?

felix: do some social media buzz?

<philr> Happy to tweet once ready.

pedro: template is nice for publishing in the web
... but publishing this in a magazine is not readable
... because the example is not readable
... works well for online

<YvesS> actually a concrete very short example would help.

<YvesS> local example sounds good

<scribe> ACTION: felix to add a short local example to the template [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/08-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-36 - Add a short local example to the template [on Felix Sasaki - due 2014-01-15].

pedro: something very concrete, understandable, for non-technical people

<YvesS> +1

READINESS

<dF> http://www.project-open.org/en/howto_success_story

http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/IssuesAndProposedFeatures#Proposal:_.22Readiness.22_data_category

felix: more work needed on this?

pedro: apart from readiness we discussed standard web service, that is for future
... for readiness we are planning for CMS <> TMS solutions, as an option for clients
... we suggest an improvement to include ITS, and the readiness extension

<chriLi> The "readiness" discussion always reminded me of standard BPMN activity states such as init, ready, running ,terminated, skipped.

pedro: for the real time publishing system we are going to use the ITS and readyness
... because it allows to use it for intelligence: what needs to be post edited, what not etc.
... for this we are thinking of readiness to be a key feature to provide clients more control whith concrete content

<chriLi> The overall model in BPMN is quite comprehensive. It does for example have rules for "state transitions".

<chriLi> BPMN = Business Process Model and Notation

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Process_Model_and_Notation

<dF> I am using BPMN for my papers

<dF> It is readable by business audience

<dF> and at the same time it constraints what can be drawn in a meaningful way

pedro: we discussed convinience of coordinating with linport
... and with process ontology that linked data people mentioned

<dF> I am happy to draw the diagram if I am provided with the process description

christian: +1

pedro: in the linked data group people create ontologies for processes as well
... somebody should look at bpmn
... structure of readiness is fine, simple, goes to the point

david: like the idea of drawing a bpmn diagram
... helps to test if this is a sound process

pedro: could we invole linport and linked data people well?

<dF> I can also make a petri nets representation :-)

christian: two discussions now: relate readiness towards bpmn (=standards based)
... then relating harmonization of state related discussions in the localization system (linport, XLIFF, ITS)

<dF> I agree with Cristian

christian: that is a separate stream. There are always two choices: you agree about one thing, or you make clear what is used by whom

david: important - these are different areas
... one is readiness in ITS - the other discussions with linport and others
... XLIFF had some attributes that could have been used for readiness, but the XLIFF TC has decided to kill the process description
... I am more interested to draw the diagrams

pedro: in London, ASLIB conference - Alan Melby distributed a paper with defintion of localization process - I'll check if this is published
... only thing: if we describe the process as a best practice, that is good theoretically
... the client cannot use a reference to process steps
... I am a bit afraid of making this too ridig
... for example, in the scenario I mentioned, there is an example that a client wants post editing, other clients don't
... in that case the client will use only one process - post-edit QA
... not a whole sequential process
... this is compatible with the diagram David mentioned, right?

david: yes, agree

pedro: important to agree on certain structure
... if we have a diagram it is like an automat: you can select certain steps, not one piece

david: I will talk to pedro if things are unclear

<scribe> ACTION: david to work with pedro on drawing bpmn diagram by next call (also take the EU MOLTO project into account) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/08-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> 'david' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., dfilip, dlewis6).

<chriLi> Molto

<chriLi> Aarne Ranta

http://www.molto-project.eu/

<scribe> ACTION: dfilip to work with pedro on drawing bpmn diagram by next call (also take the EU MOLTO project into account) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/08-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-37 - Work with pedro on drawing bpmn diagram by next call (also take the eu molto project into account) [on David Filip - due 2014-01-15].

Upcoming MLW WS and other outreach

david: need to discuss ITS track or its successor very soon
... june 3-4, in Dublin

<Ankit> +1 to participation

FEISGILTT

<dF> FEISGILTT

<dF> 2014

<dF> Do we wnat to have ITS track?

<dF> or a cuccessor?

felix: make sure to decide this by monday next week
... will send a separate mail

david: XLIFF mapping is a topic, 2.0 is close to be completet, so mapping will be relevant again
... if ITS is not so hot that it fills its own track that is OK - just want to see what the interest is
... or if we want to push it more into other areas - RDF, other mappings, CMIS, ...

christian: about FEISGILTT:
... so far you organized this with different tracks - a nice way of doing things, but sometimes communities can't meet in that way
... things need to play together
... not sure if separate tracks help with that

david: there are some special issues that are only subgroups are interested in
... 2nd day was always federated

more outreach

jirka: xml prague, felix will have ITS presentation in main program
... doing pre-conference day there will be session and publishing

david: I submitted a proposal

same for felix

jirka: leaflet for XML prague would work too

<chriLi> I have to leave ...

<chriLi> quit

ok

jirka: for proceedings I'd need the leaflet 1 week before conference

felix: I'll talk to Arle

Upcoming EC event

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/en/news/information-and-networking-days-data-value-chain-and-language-technologies

XLIFF 1.2 - 2.0 mapping

david: most important issues are resolved
... public review will be published 21st of January
... we introduced fragment identification

felix: public review will allow comments from the outside right?

david: will be open for 15 days

<YvesS> Yes, the changes are done

<YvesS> they just need to be published

aob

<dF> I need to run

<dF> Cheers everyone

adjourned

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: david to work with pedro on drawing bpmn diagram by next call (also take the EU MOLTO project into account) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/08-i18nits-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: dfilip to work with pedro on drawing bpmn diagram by next call (also take the EU MOLTO project into account) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/08-i18nits-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to add a short local example to the template [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/08-i18nits-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: felix to prepare a review schedule page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/01/08-i18nits-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-01-08 14:04:03 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/MLW WS/MLW WS and other outreach/
Succeeded: s/FEISSGILT/FEISGILTT/
Succeeded: s/separated/federated/
Succeeded: s/0/0 mapping/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: fsasaki
Inferring Scribes: fsasaki
Present: fsasaki pedro YvesS garylefman philr Ankit dF leroy christian Jirka
Regrets: dave jörg pablo
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Jan/0002.html
Got date from IRC log name: 08 Jan 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/01/08-i18nits-minutes.html
People with action items: david dfilip felix

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]