- 1 Deliverables
- 2 About the group
- 3 Teleconference Agendas and minutes
- 4 Dial in details
- 5 Face-to-face meetings
- 6 Working Group Calendar
- 7 Main Deliverables
- 8 Additional Working Group Reading Resources
- 9 W3C Working Group Resources
- 10 Patent Policy
- 11 Participants
- 12 How you can join in
- Use cases timetable and links
- The skeleton outline of the use cases document
- The challenges that the use cases editors have pulled from our use cases. (See all 4 worksheets/tabs in the document)
Data quality vocabulary
Data usage vocabulary
URI and API
About the group
The mission of the Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group, part of the Data Activity, is:
- to develop the open data ecosystem, facilitating better communication between developers and publishers;
- to provide guidance to publishers that will improve consistency in the way data is managed, thus promoting the re-use of data;
- to foster trust in the data among developers, whatever technology they choose to use, increasing the potential for genuine innovation.
The guidance will take two forms: a set of best practices that apply to multiple technologies, and vocabularies currently missing but that are needed to support the data ecosystem on the Web.
- Mailing lists
- All Working Group participants are automatically subscribed to the group's main discussion list public-dwbp-wg (public archive).
- Comments from the public on the documents produced by the Working Group are welcome on the general public comment list public-dwbp-comments (public archive). All Working Group participants are automatically subscribed to this mailing list, too.
- Open Issues and Open Actions can be followed through Tracker
Teleconference Agendas and minutes
Dial in details
Joining instructions: (official participants and invited guests only) Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:email@example.com then conference code 3927# ("DWBP") IRC channel: #DWBP on irc.w3.org on port 6665
- F2F1: London 2014 31st March and 1 April, London
- F2F2: TPAC, Santa Clara, California 30-31 October
Options for the NIC.br Host a F2F Meeting 2015
- 1st Option - F2F4: João Pessoa, Paraíba. November, week of 09 to 13. This meeting would happen during IGF
- 2nd Option - F2F3: São Paulo, São Paulo. April, TBD week of 3 to 10 or week of 13 to 17.
Working Group Calendar
|Use Cases||Use cases timetable|| Deirdre Lee
Bernadette Farias Loscio
|Data on the Web Best Practices||BP timetable|
|Data Usage Description Vocabulary||Data usage vocab timetable||Eric Stephan|
|Quality and Granularity Description Vocabulary||Quality vocab timetable|
See the charter for full details
Additional Working Group Reading Resources
W3C Working Group Resources
- Art of Consensus (guide to working at W3C) (W3C member confidential)
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Process Document
- All W3C Groups (W3C member confidential)
- Telco tools
This Working Group operates under the W3C Patent Policy (5 February 2004 Version). To promote the widest adoption of Web standards, W3C seeks to issue Recommendations that can be implemented, according to this policy, on a Royalty-Free basis.
For more information about disclosure obligations for this group, please see the W3C Patent Policy Status Page.
- Chairs: Hadley Beeman (Invited Expert), Yasodara Córdova (NIC.br/W3C Brasil), Steven Adler (IBM)
- Team Contact: Phil Archer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List of participants