Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group (DWBP WG)
The mission of the Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group, part of the Data Activity, is:
- to develop the open data ecosystem, facilitating better communication between developers and publishers;
- to provide guidance to publishers that will improve consistency in the way data is managed, thus promoting the re-use of data;
- to foster trust in the data among developers, whatever technology they choose to use, increasing the potential for genuine innovation.
The guidance will take two forms: a set of best practices that apply to multiple technologies, and vocabularies currently missing but that are needed to support the data ecosystem on the Web.
- Mailing lists
- All Working Group participants are automatically subscribed to the group's main discussion list public-dwbp-wg (public archive).
- Comments from the public on the documents produced by the Working Group are welcome on the general public comment list public-dwbp-comments (public archive). All Working Group participants are automatically subscribed to this mailing list, too.
- Open Issues and Open Actions can be followed through Tracker
Teleconference Agendas and minutes
Dial in details
Joining instructions: (official participants and invited guests only) Join using WebEx in your browser Or you can dial in through +1-617-324-0000 (US Toll Number) Access code: 645 096 989
Also, you should join IRC channel: #DWBP on irc.w3.org on port 6665 Please type 'present+ your IRC nick. It helps if you use the same nick on IRC and WebEx.
The chairs and team contact meet every Wednesday at 08:15 Eastern.
WebEx via the Web Meeting number: 642 791 443 Meeting password: dwbpc OR +1-617-324-0000 US Toll Number Access code: 642 791 443 Host key: 366734
- F2F1: London 2014 31st March and 1 April, London
- F2F2: TPAC, Santa Clara, California 30-31 October
- F2F3: April 2015 F2F 13 - 14 April 2015, Austin, Texas with satellite group in Ipswich (plus remote participants).
F2F 4 Zagreb 14 - 15 March 2016
- Hosted by the University of Zagreb
- In conjunction with the Share-PSI project. See the relevant page on the Share-PSI wiki
- Basic plan:
- DWBP meets all day Monday and Tuesday 14-15 March, final afternoon joined by Share-PSI (a project of 40+ partners)
- DWBP members welcome to stay for Wednesday's Share-PSI meeting
- Both groups are focussed on implementation evidence for best practices
Working Group Calendar
- Data on the Web Best Practices
- Quality and Granularity Description Vocabulary
- Data Usage Description Vocabulary
See the charter for full details
W3C Working Group Resources
- Art of Consensus (guide to working at W3C) (W3C member confidential)
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Process Document
- All W3C Groups (W3C member confidential)
- Telco tools
This Working Group operates under the W3C Patent Policy (5 February 2004 Version). To promote the widest adoption of Web standards, W3C seeks to issue Recommendations that can be implemented, according to this policy, on a Royalty-Free basis.
For more information about disclosure obligations for this group, please see the W3C Patent Policy Status Page.
- Chairs: Hadley Beeman (Invited Expert), Yasodara Córdova (NIC.br/W3C Brasil), Steven Adler (IBM)
- Team Contact: Phil Archer <email@example.com>
- List of participants
How you can join in
Follow us on Twitter @W3CDataontheWeb