Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group (DWBP WG)
The mission of the Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group, part of the Data Activity, is:
- to develop the open data ecosystem, facilitating better communication between developers and publishers;
- to provide guidance to publishers that will improve consistency in the way data is managed, thus promoting the re-use of data;
- to foster trust in the data among developers, whatever technology they choose to use, increasing the potential for genuine innovation.
The guidance will take two forms: a set of best practices that apply to multiple technologies, and vocabularies currently missing but that are needed to support the data ecosystem on the Web.
- Mailing lists
- All Working Group participants are automatically subscribed to the group's main discussion list public-dwbp-wg (public archive).
- Comments from the public on the documents produced by the Working Group are welcome on the general public comment list public-dwbp-comments (public archive). All Working Group participants are automatically subscribed to this mailing list, too.
- Open Issues and Open Actions can be followed through Tracker
Teleconference Agendas and minutes
|DateThis property is a special property in this wiki.||Type||Subject||Minutes||Scribe|
|Meetings:Telecon2014.01.31||31 January 2014||Telecon||Setting Up||http://www.w3.org/2013/meeting/dwbp/2014-01-31||Deirdre|
|Meetings:Telecon2014.02.07||7 February 2014||Telecon||Use Cases||http://www.w3.org/2013/meeting/dwbp/2014-02-07||EricS|
|Meetings:Telecon20140214||14 February 2014||Telecon||Use Cases||http://www.w3.org/2013/meeting/dwbp/2014-02-14||Antoine|
|Meetings:Telecon20140221||21 February 2014||Telecon||Use Cases||http://www.w3.org/2013/meeting/dwbp/2014-02-21||Caroline Burle|
|Meetings:Telecon20140227||28 February 2014||Telecon||London Agenda||http://www.w3.org/2013/meeting/dwbp/2014-02-28||Yaso|
|Meetings:Telecon20140307||7 March 2014||Telecon||London Agenda||http://www.w3.org/2013/meeting/dwbp/2014-03-07|
Dial in details
Joining instructions: (official participants and invited guests only) Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, or sip:firstname.lastname@example.org then conference code 3927# ("DWBP") IRC channel: #DWBP on irc.w3.org on port 6665
W3C Telecon Resources: Zakim instructions in English Basic instructions in Portuguese
- F2F1: London 2014 31st March and 1 April, London
- F2F2: TPAC, Santa Clara, California 27-28 OR 30-31 October
Working Group Calendar
- Data on the Web Best Practices
- Quality and Granularity Description Vocabulary
- Data Usage Description Vocabulary
See the charter for full details
W3C Working Group Resources
- Art of Consensus (guide to working at W3C) (W3C member confidential)
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Process Document
- All W3C Groups (W3C member confidential)
- Telco tools
This Working Group operates under the W3C Patent Policy (5 February 2004 Version). To promote the widest adoption of Web standards, W3C seeks to issue Recommendations that can be implemented, according to this policy, on a Royalty-Free basis.
For more information about disclosure obligations for this group, please see the W3C Patent Policy Status Page.
- Chairs: Hadley Beeman (Invited Expert), Yasodara Córdova (NIC.br/W3C Brasil), Steven Adler (IBM)
- Team Contact: Phil Archer <email@example.com>
- List of participants
How you can join in
Follow us on Twitter @W3CDataontheWeb