Dr. Raphaël Troncy (foaf) is an Associate Professor in the Multimedia Communications Department in EURECOM in Sophia Antipolis (France). He has obtained with honors his Master's thesis in Computer Science at the University of Grenoble (France) after one year spent in the University of Montreal (Canada). He benefited from a PhD fellowship at the National Audio-Visual Institute (INA) of Paris where he received with honors his PhD in 2004 from INRIA. He selected as an ERCIM Post-Doctorate Research Associate (2004-2006) where he visited the National Research Council (CNR) in Pisa (Italy) and the National Research Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI) in Amsterdam (The Netherlands). He was a senior researcher in the Interactive Information Access group at CWI Amsterdam (2006-2009).
Raphaël Troncy is co-chair of the W3C Incubator Group on Multimedia Semantics and the W3C Media Fragments Working Group and contributes to the W3C Media Annotations Working Group. He has leaded the CWI participation in the EU K-Space Network of Excellence (2006-2009). He is now the primary investigator of a number of National (ACAV, Datalift, WAVE) and European (FP7 Petamedia, FP7 LinkedTV, FP7 MediaMixer, CIP PSP Apps4Europe, AAL ALIAS) projects where semantic web and multimedia analysis technologies are used together.
- canonical person URI: http://www.eurecom.fr/~troncy/troncyr-foaf.rdf#me
- alternative person URI: http://acm.rkbexplorer.com/id/person-700208-f77f7f98a177c67c240541a94b5ac495
- alternative person URI: http://twitter.com/rtroncy
- alternative person URI: https://github.com/rtroncy
- alternative person URI: https://bitbucket.org/rtroncy/
- alternative person URI: http://www.linkedin.com/in/troncy
- alternative person URI: http://www.slideshare.net/troncy/
- alternative person URI: http://identi.ca/rtroncy