CSV on the Web Working Group
The mission of the CSV on the Web Working Group, part of the Data Activity, is to provide technologies whereby data dependent applications on the Web can provide higher interoperability when working with datasets using the CSV (Comma-Separated Values) or similar formats. As well as single CSV files, the group will define mechanisms for interpreting a set of CSVs as relational data. This will include the definition of a vocabulary for describing tables expressed as CSV and locatable on the web, and the relationships between them.
- Mailing lists
- All Working Group participants are automatically subscribed to the group's main discussion list public-csv-wg (public archive).
- Comments from the public on the documents produced by the Working Group are welcome on the general public comment list public-csv-wg-comments (public archive). All Working Group participants are automatically subscribed to this mailing list, too.
- Chairs of the group can be contacted through the group-csv-chairs; the corresponding archives are confidential to the chairs and the W3C staff.
- Meeting records of the Working Group are public
- Github repository for the documents developed by the WG
Main Working Group Deliverables
- CSV Data on the Web: Use Cases and Requirements (Working Group Note)
- Model for Tabular Data and Metadata on the Web ("Access methods for CSV Metadata" in the charter) (Recommendation)
- Metadata vocabulary for CSV data (Recommendation)
- Mapping CSV into RDF (Recommendation)
- Mapping CSV into JSON (Recommendation)
- Mapping CSV into XML (Recommendation)
- Mapping CSV into Tabular Data Frameworks (Recommendation)
See the full charter for further details.
Work In Progress
- Use Cases
- Existing tabular-text formats (CSV-like!)
- External research (papers, posters, presentations, summaries)
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Weds 10:00 Boston Time (15:00 GMT UK time). Zakim code should be 2789 (ie CSVW) and the irc channel irc:irc.w3.org/csvw.
Nearby: Zakim/IRC info
Nearby: WebEx Dial-in info
Chair(s): JeniT or DanBri
- Review of GitHub issues requiring discussion/decision
- editors to drive
(Note: in some cases the agenda is missing: that means the standing agenda applies, meaning: "going through open issues")
- 2015-04-22: Minutes
- 2015-04-08: Minutes
- 2015-03-25: Minutes
- 2015-03-18: Minutes
- 2015-03-04: Minutes
- 2015-02-25: Minutes
- 2015-02-18: Agenda, Minutes
- 2015-02-12,13: F2F meeting, London
- 2015-02-05: Minutes
- 2015-01-28: Minutes
- 2015-01-21: Minutes
- 2015-01-14: Minutes
- 2015-01-07: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-12-17: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-11-19: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-11-12: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-11-05: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-10-27,28: F2F meeting @ TPAC
- 2014-10-15: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-10-08: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-10-01: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-09-24: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-09-17: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-09-10: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-09-03: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-07-30: Agenda (Informal, August break preparation)
- 2014-07-08: Agenda (Informal)
- 2014-06-24: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-06-18: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-06-11: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-06-04: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-05-28: Agenda (no minutes as attendance was very low)
- 2014-05-21: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-05-14: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-05-07: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-04-30: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-04-23: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-04-09: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-04-02: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-03-26: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-03-19: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-03-12: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-03-05: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-02-26: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-02-19: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-02-12: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-02-05: Agenda, Minutes
- 2014-01-29: Agenda, Minutes
Meetings are held on Wednesdays, at 10:00 US Eastern which is, usually, 16:00 Central European Time (see Word Clock for other time zones). To join this telco, use the following logistics:
- The Zakim bridge number is +1.617.761.6200. the code conference is 2789 ("CSVW"), followed by the # key.
- We use an IRC channel to minute the discussions (see how to connect using an IRC client or our web interface):
- Address: irc.w3.org
- Available ports (choose one): 6667, 6665, 21
- IRC channel: #csvw
- Some additional, useful links and information are on the mailing list archive.
Related Events Calendar
- W3C Linking Geospatial Data Workshop, March 5-6th, London, UK.
- European Data Forum 2014, March 19-20, Athens, Greece.
- Open Geospatial Consortium Technical Committee (OGC TC) meetings, March 24-28th 2014, Crystal City, Arlington, Virginia USA.
- ISWC 2014, 19-23 Oct 2014, Riva del Garda, Italy.
- TPAC 2014, 27-31 Oct 2014, Santa Clara, California, USA.
W3C Publishing Moratoria 2014/2015
- 28 July 2014 - 1 August 2014
- 24 October 2014 - 3 November 2014 (TPAC)
- 19 December - 5 January 2015
W3C Working Group Resources
- Art of Consensus (guide to working at W3C) (W3C member confidential)
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Process Document
- All W3C Groups (W3C member confidential)
- Telco tools
This Working Group operates under the W3C Patent Policy (5 February 2004 Version). To promote the widest adoption of Web standards, W3C seeks to issue Recommendations that can be implemented, according to this policy, on a Royalty-Free basis.
For more information about disclosure obligations for this group, please see the W3C Patent Policy Status Page.
Email the chairs and staff contacts at firstname.lastname@example.org.