W3C

Research and Development Working Group Teleconference

11 Dec 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Vivienne, Simon, Yehya, David, Gerrardo, Shadi, Justin, Klaus
Regrets
Yeliz, Giorgio, Silvia, Luz, Mark
Chair
Simon
Scribe
David

Contents


E-Learning Symposium Progress

Justin: everything ready for symposium on Monday
... invites RDWG members to prepare by reading papers and having questions ready
... 40 people signed up, after only a day approx since opening registration

<shadi> [[everyone needs to register!]]

Justin: thanks to program committee for support so far

PART 2 - User Modelling W3C Note Survey http://goo.gl/a1Azj5

sharper: no-one yet filled in the survey

Yehya: waiting for feedback before revising.

RDWG members invited to review the survey draft and provide feedback as soon as possible

Next Topic Discussion

gcapiel: due to discuss with markku plans for next topic

RDWG Flyer http://goo.gl/eXbav6

shadi - should be able to access funds to support some level of graphic design. Need to know some details, such as page size

shadi: seeking feedback on best practice for flyer design

vivienne: important to reference margins, line spacing etc - ensuring flyer is easy to read

sharper: purpose of flyer - one side is information on WAI, the other side is information on RDWG. Intention is for members to take flyers to conferences and other events to raise awareness. Intended as an outreach tool.

vivienne: could we attach some Braille stickers?

sharper: yes, but there are distribution logistics to deal with

shadi: also need to think about large print format
... need to remember alternative formats will require more space to display the same content
... aim to have flyers ready for CSUN and WWW2014/W4A2014

PENDING - Close the Loop on the symposium L&F

shadi: next symposium papers in new format; no further progress to report

PENDING - Text Customisation W3C Note Status

No further progress on this

PENDING - Accreditation of Websites

vivienne: still to format current draft, plans to do this over Christmas break

PENDING - Tips for AAR http://goo.gl/PTzghe

no further action - revisit after Christmas. Plan to make this an RDWG discussion topic to support drafting

PENDING - Metrics W3C Note Status

no further progress - revisit after Christmas

PENDING - Mobile W3C Note Public Release this Week

klaus: final draft is done, almost ready to publish, possibly before Christmas or at the beginning of 2014

STANDING - Next Catalogue Topic

STANDING - Issues and Actions http://goo.gl/Z7XY3Y

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/

sharper: Can RDWG use Issues and Actions more effectively to manage work than we currently do? Current tracking seems to be ad-hoc compared to some other W3C groups

shadi: The tracker tool is handy, and we could make more use of it. Can add products - e.g. a document the group is working on - and assign to it issues for discussion and actions to resolve issues
... helps individuals manage workload and the group see who is responsible for what and when
... good idea for RDWG to make more use of it

sharper: can we use issues and actions generated from minutes?

<sharper> ACTION: shadi to 'Paste Actions and Issues into the email of the minutes' [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/12/11-rd-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-39 - 'paste actions and issues into the email of the minutes' [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2013-12-18].

<sharper> ACTION-39 Just Testing

<sharper> ACTION-39: Just Testing

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-39 'paste actions and issues into the email of the minutes'.

<shadi> https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/39

shadi: convention should be to have an early agendum for reviewing actions from previous meeting

sharper: will alter order of agenda to ensure issues and actions are discussed early in call

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: shadi to 'Paste Actions and Issues into the email of the minutes' [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/12/11-rd-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-12-22 17:02:01 $