IRC log of rd on 2013-12-11

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:22:21 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
14:22:21 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/12/11-rd-irc
14:22:21 [sharper]
zakim, please clear the agenda
14:22:21 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
14:22:23 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:22:25 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
14:22:25 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
14:22:26 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
14:22:26 [trackbot]
Date: 11 December 2013
14:22:40 [sharper]
Chair: Harper_Simon
14:22:40 [sharper]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets & Agenda Requests) [sharper]
14:22:42 [sharper]
Agenda+ E-Learning Symposium Progress [justin silvia]
14:22:43 [sharper]
Agenda+ PART 2 - User Modelling W3C Note Survey http://goo.gl/a1Azj5
14:22:45 [sharper]
[yehya/christos]
14:22:46 [sharper]
Agenda+ Next Topic Discussion [markku]
14:23:36 [sharper]
Agenda+ RDWG Flyer http://goo.gl/eXbav6
14:23:36 [sharper]
Agenda+ PENDING - Close the Loop on the symposium L&F [shadi]
14:23:36 [sharper]
Agenda+ PENDING - Text Customisation W3C Note Status [shawn/david]
14:23:36 [sharper]
Agenda+ PENDING - Accreditation of Websites [vivienne]
14:23:36 [sharper]
Agenda+ PENDING - Tips for AAR http://goo.gl/PTzghe [david]
14:23:36 [sharper]
Agenda+ PENDING - Metrics W3C Note Status [shadi]
14:23:36 [sharper]
Agenda+ PENDING - Mobile W3C Note Public Release this Week [shadi]
14:23:36 [sharper]
Agenda+ PENDING - Easy to Read W3C Note Finalised [klaus]
14:23:36 [sharper]
Agenda+ STANDING - Next Catalogue Topic [sharper]
14:23:36 [sharper]
Agenda+ STANDING - Issues and Actions http://goo.gl/Z7XY3Y [sharper]
14:23:36 [sharper]
Agenda+ STANDING - Any Other Business [sharper]
14:23:36 [sharper]
zakim, save agenda
14:23:36 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 1
14:23:42 [Zakim]
ok, sharper, the agenda has been written to http://www.w3.org/2013/12/11-rd-agenda.rdf
14:23:44 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets & Agenda Requests)" taken up [from sharper]
14:24:06 [sharper]
regrets: yeliz, giorgio, Silvia, Luz
14:24:13 [sharper]
regrets+ Mark
14:25:04 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has now started
14:25:11 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:25:17 [Vivienne]
zakim, IPcaller is me
14:25:18 [Zakim]
+Vivienne; got it
14:27:07 [davidsloan]
davidsloan has joined #rd
14:29:36 [Yehya]
Yehya has joined #rd
14:29:45 [Zakim]
+??P10
14:29:52 [sharper]
zakim, ??P10 is sharper
14:29:52 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
14:30:07 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:30:20 [Zakim]
+Yehya
14:30:25 [davidsloan]
zakim, IPcaller is me
14:30:25 [Zakim]
+davidsloan; got it
14:30:30 [Zakim]
-Yehya
14:30:39 [Zakim]
+??P30
14:30:51 [Klaus]
Klaus has joined #rd
14:30:52 [Zakim]
+Yehya
14:31:08 [gcapiel]
zakim, ??P30 is me
14:31:08 [Zakim]
+gcapiel; got it
14:31:28 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:31:31 [Justin]
Justin has joined #rd
14:31:53 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
14:32:03 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller.a is me
14:32:03 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
14:32:12 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:32:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Vivienne, sharper, davidsloan, gcapiel, Yehya, [IPcaller], shadi
14:32:14 [Zakim]
+??P35
14:32:37 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is Justin
14:32:38 [Zakim]
+Justin; got it
14:32:45 [shadi]
zakim, ??p35 is Klaus
14:32:45 [Zakim]
+Klaus; got it
14:32:51 [Justin]
zakim, IPcaller is me
14:32:51 [Zakim]
sorry, Justin, I do not recognize a party named 'IPcaller'
14:33:19 [Klaus]
zakim, mute me
14:33:19 [Zakim]
Klaus should now be muted
14:36:06 [davidsloan]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets & Agenda Requests)
14:36:28 [davidsloan]
ah, there is already an agenda uploaded?
14:37:57 [davidsloan]
zakim, take up item 2
14:37:57 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "E-Learning Symposium Progress" taken up [from justin silvia via sharper]
14:38:26 [davidsloan]
Justin: everything ready for symposium on Monday
14:38:53 [davidsloan]
Justin: invites RDWG members to prepare by reading papers and having questions ready
14:39:29 [davidsloan]
Justin: 40 people signed up, after only a day approx since opening registration
14:40:32 [shadi]
[[everyone needs to register!]]
14:40:49 [davidsloan]
Justin: thanks to program committee for support so far
14:41:38 [davidsloan]
zakim, take up next agendum
14:41:38 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets & Agenda Requests)" taken up [from sharper]
14:41:49 [davidsloan]
zakim, take up item 3
14:41:49 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "PART 2 - User Modelling W3C Note Survey http://goo.gl/a1Azj5" taken up [from sharper]
14:42:12 [davidsloan]
sharper: no-one yet filled in the survey
14:42:56 [davidsloan]
Yehya: waiting for feedback before revising.
14:43:24 [davidsloan]
RDWG members invited to review the survey draft and provide feedback as soon as possible
14:43:46 [davidsloan]
zakim, take up item 4
14:43:46 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Next Topic Discussion" taken up [from markku via sharper]
14:45:01 [davidsloan]
gcapiel: due to discuss with markku plans for next topic
14:46:02 [davidsloan]
zakim, take up item 5
14:46:03 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "RDWG Flyer http://goo.gl/eXbav6" taken up [from sharper]
14:47:15 [davidsloan]
shadi - should be able to access funds to support some level of graphic design. Need to know some details, such as page size
14:47:41 [Vivienne]
q+
14:47:45 [sharper]
ack vi
14:47:48 [davidsloan]
shadi: seeking feedback on best practice for flyer design
14:48:35 [davidsloan]
vivienne: important to reference margins, line spacing etc - ensuring flyer is easy to read
14:49:39 [davidsloan]
sharper: purpose of flyer - one side is information on WAI, the other side is information on RDWG. Intention is for members to take flyers to conferences and other events to raise awareness. Intended as an outreach tool.
14:50:08 [davidsloan]
vivienne: could we attach some Braille stickers?
14:50:32 [davidsloan]
sharper: yes, but there are distribution logistics to deal with
14:50:43 [davidsloan]
shadi: also need to think about large print format
14:52:04 [davidsloan]
shadi: need to remember alternative formats will require more space to display the same content
14:53:00 [davidsloan]
shadi: aim to have flyers ready for CSUN and WWW2014/W4A2014
14:54:21 [davidsloan]
zakim, take up item 6
14:54:21 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "PENDING - Close the Loop on the symposium L&F" taken up [from shadi via sharper]
14:55:39 [davidsloan]
shadi: next symposium papers in new format; no further progress to report
14:56:00 [davidsloan]
zakim, take up item 7
14:56:00 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "PENDING - Text Customisation W3C Note Status" taken up [from shawn/david via sharper]
14:57:04 [davidsloan]
No further progress on this
14:57:09 [davidsloan]
zakim, take up item 8
14:57:10 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "PENDING - Accreditation of Websites" taken up [from vivienne via sharper]
14:57:14 [Vivienne]
q+
14:57:39 [davidsloan]
vivienne: still to format current draft, plans to do this over Christmas break
14:57:49 [davidsloan]
zakim, take up item 9
14:57:49 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "PENDING - Tips for AAR http://goo.gl/PTzghe" taken up [from david via sharper]
14:59:23 [davidsloan]
no further action - revisit after Christmas. Plan to make this an RDWG discussion topic to support drafting
14:59:26 [davidsloan]
zakim, take up item 10
14:59:26 [Zakim]
agendum 10. "PENDING - Metrics W3C Note Status " taken up [from shadi via sharper]
14:59:57 [Klaus]
zakim, unmute me
14:59:57 [Zakim]
Klaus should no longer be muted
14:59:59 [davidsloan]
no further progress - revisit after Christmas
15:00:02 [davidsloan]
zakim, take up item 11
15:00:02 [Zakim]
agendum 11. "PENDING - Mobile W3C Note Public Release this Week " taken up [from shadi via sharper]
15:00:40 [davidsloan]
klaus: final draft is done, almost ready to publish, possibly before Christmas or at the beginning of 2014
15:01:33 [davidsloan]
zakim, take up item 13
15:01:33 [Zakim]
agendum 13. "STANDING - Next Catalogue Topic" taken up [from sharper]
15:01:40 [davidsloan]
zakim, take up item 14
15:01:40 [Zakim]
agendum 14. "STANDING - Issues and Actions http://goo.gl/Z7XY3Y" taken up [from sharper]
15:01:58 [Klaus]
zakim, mute me
15:01:58 [Zakim]
Klaus should now be muted
15:02:27 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/
15:02:31 [Zakim]
-gcapiel
15:03:07 [davidsloan]
sharper: Can RDWG use Issues and Actions more effectively to manage work than we currently do? Current tracking seems to be ad-hoc compared to some other W3C groups
15:04:17 [davidsloan]
shadi: The tracker tool is handy, and we could make more use of it. Can add products - e.g. a document the group is working on - and assign to it issues for discussion and actions to resolve issues
15:04:48 [davidsloan]
shadi: helps individuals manage workload and the group see who is responsible for what and when
15:05:13 [davidsloan]
shadi: good idea for RDWG to make more use of it
15:05:46 [davidsloan]
sharper: can we use issues and actions generated from minutes?
15:06:56 [sharper]
Action: shadi to 'Paste Actions and Issues into the email of the minutes'
15:06:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-39 - 'paste actions and issues into the email of the minutes' [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2013-12-18].
15:07:40 [sharper]
ACTION-39 Just Testing
15:08:28 [sharper]
ACTION-39: Just Testing
15:08:28 [trackbot]
Notes added to ACTION-39 'paste actions and issues into the email of the minutes'.
15:08:42 [shadi]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/actions/39
15:09:42 [davidsloan]
shadi: convention should be to have an early agendum for reviewing actions from previous meeting
15:10:07 [davidsloan]
sharper: will alter order of agenda to ensure issues and actions are discussed early in call
15:10:32 [Justin]
CHEERS
15:11:23 [Vivienne]
good night
15:11:28 [Zakim]
-Yehya
15:11:29 [Zakim]
-sharper
15:11:30 [Klaus]
bye
15:11:30 [Zakim]
-shadi
15:11:32 [Zakim]
-Vivienne
15:11:32 [Zakim]
-Justin
15:11:33 [Zakim]
-davidsloan
15:11:40 [Zakim]
-Klaus
15:11:41 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has ended
15:11:41 [Zakim]
Attendees were Vivienne, sharper, Yehya, davidsloan, gcapiel, shadi, Justin, Klaus
15:11:54 [sharper]
sharper has left #rd
15:14:04 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
15:14:04 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
15:14:04 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
15:14:12 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:14:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/12/11-rd-minutes.html trackbot
15:14:13 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
15:14:13 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2013/12/11-rd-actions.rdf :
15:14:13 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi to 'Paste Actions and Issues into the email of the minutes' [1]
15:14:13 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/12/11-rd-irc#T15-06-56