Research and Development Working Group Teleconference

04 Dec 2013

See also: IRC log


Simon, Annika, Shadi, Markel, Mark, Gerrardo, Justin, Silvia, Yehya, Peter
Christos, David, Kerstin, Klaus, Vivienne, Yeliz


E-Learning Symposium Progress

silvia: we have accepted 8 papers, with a wide range of topics and possible discussions

shadi: registration will be available next week, it is necessary to manage the agenda

it's up to the chairs to decide about a break or not

silvia: my suggestion is one hour, a break, and then another hour

<Yehya> we had approx. 1h - 5 minutes break - approx 1h

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2012/easy-to-read/

shadi: people participated at the discussion, they did not disappear after the break

shadi: the authors can present their paper in the first half and then the discussion in the last half

User Modelling W3C Note Survey http://goo.gl/25nl1u

yehya: we are working on the note. We haven't got any feedback

<sharper> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/47076/UM4A/

<sharper> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/47076/UM4A/results

simon: the feedbacks are in the results
... yehya and christos can contact the people who made comments

yehya: I'll take a look to results and contact the people who made comments and notes, to ask for clarifications, if it is necessary

<Peter_Thiessen> +1

<shadi> +1 good process with the survey

<markel> +1

<annika> +1

<Yehya> +1


<sharper> +1

<sharper> RESOLVED: for the editors to make changes as specified and contact members if clarification is required

shadi: it is possible to extend the existing survey

simon: christos and yehya are going to work on the first part of the note

Next Topic Discussion

simon: next symposium will be in three month


<sharper> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Symposium_Timeline_Calculator

if next symposium will take place in March 16th, we need to announce it at the end of December

shadi: maybe the timeline is to tight to make an experiment, trying new way to place the symposium

we should look at early April

simon: w4a conference will be on early April.

shadi: we can arrange to have a room for face to face meeting and some people on the phone. We have to take into account Korean timezone
... if we manage in the late afternoon or in the early morning, there will be no problem about available room

RDWG Flyer http://goo.gl/eXbav6

<sharper> http://www.w3.org/WAI/flyer/

simon: are there any layout or style?

shadi: first of all we should have the content for the flyer and then we can take a look to the style

<sharper> ACTION: sharper to 'Create text for flyer' [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/12/04-rd-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-38 - 'create text for flyer' [on Simon Harper - due 2013-12-11].

PENDING - Close the Loop on the symposium L&F

PENDING - Metrics W3C Note Status

shadi: some comments and suggestions to editors, before w3c publication
... minor editorial comments. It will be published very soon

markel: I'm happy to receive them and to modifu


PENDING - Mobile W3C Note Public Release this Week

shadi: this is a little bit more complicated
... there would be a misunderstanding. This is a very important topic
... we have to make sure that our note meets the message of the w3c

<shadi> +1 simon

simon: the note should reflect the papers presented and address the topic

<Peter_Thiessen> @sharper: sure sounds like a good process (I'll sit tight for now)

<markel> +1

shadi: the mobile group is forming
... before we publish, we should show them the draft, just to not surprise them

PENDING - Easy to Read W3C Note Finalised

<Peter_Thiessen> +1 to schedule

shadi: the next two weeks and then the next meeting will be in January

after Christmas holiday

January 15th

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: sharper to 'Create text for flyer' [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/12/04-rd-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-12-10 10:24:35 $