IRC log of webtv on 2013-10-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:48:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webtv
12:48:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-irc
12:48:54 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
12:48:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webtv
12:48:56 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
12:48:56 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
12:48:57 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web and TV Interest Group Teleconference
12:48:57 [trackbot]
Date: 16 October 2013
12:49:19 [olivier]
Meeting: Web and TV IG - Media APIs TF Teleconference
12:49:38 [olivier]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013Oct/0038.html
12:50:37 [olivier]
Agenda+ Review of action items: https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/agenda
12:50:43 [olivier]
Agenda+ Review of gap analysis
12:50:49 [olivier]
Agenda+ Assign further gap analysis
12:50:49 [olivier]
Agenda+ AOB
12:50:49 [olivier]
Agenda+ Next meeting
12:54:56 [kaz]
kaz has joined #webtv
12:55:45 [kaz]
zakim, code?
12:55:45 [Zakim]
sorry, kaz, I don't know what conference this is
12:55:56 [kaz]
zakim, this will be webtv
12:55:56 [Zakim]
ok, kaz, I see UW_WebTVIG()9:00AM already started
12:56:13 [kaz]
zakim, call kazuyuki-617
12:56:13 [Zakim]
ok, kaz; the call is being made
12:56:15 [Zakim]
+Kazuyuki
12:56:31 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
12:56:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P17, Kazuyuki
12:56:32 [Zakim]
On IRC I see kaz, Zakim, RRSAgent, olivier, trackbot, timeless
12:59:01 [skim13]
skim13 has joined #webtv
12:59:46 [ddavis]
ddavis has joined #webtv
12:59:50 [Bin_Hu]
Bin_Hu has joined #webtv
13:00:39 [Zakim]
+Bin_Hu
13:01:11 [Zakim]
+??P21
13:01:13 [kaz]
zakim, ??P17 is olivier
13:01:13 [Zakim]
+olivier; got it
13:01:14 [ddavis]
Zakim, ??P21 is me
13:01:14 [Zakim]
+ddavis; got it
13:01:22 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
13:01:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see olivier, Kazuyuki, Bin_Hu, ddavis
13:01:23 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Bin_Hu, ddavis, skim13, kaz, Zakim, RRSAgent, olivier, trackbot, timeless
13:01:26 [Sheau]
Sheau has joined #webtv
13:01:54 [Zakim]
+sheau
13:03:05 [Zakim]
+??P26
13:03:12 [olivier]
zakim, ??P26 is me
13:03:12 [Zakim]
+olivier; got it
13:03:21 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
13:03:21 [Zakim]
On the phone I see olivier, Kazuyuki, Bin_Hu, ddavis, sheau, olivier.a
13:03:23 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Sheau, Bin_Hu, ddavis, skim13, kaz, Zakim, RRSAgent, olivier, trackbot, timeless
13:03:25 [olivier]
zakim, who is here?
13:03:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see olivier, Kazuyuki, Bin_Hu, ddavis, sheau, olivier.a
13:03:26 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Sheau, Bin_Hu, ddavis, skim13, kaz, Zakim, RRSAgent, olivier, trackbot, timeless
13:03:36 [gmandyam]
gmandyam has joined #webtv
13:03:46 [Zakim]
+gmandyam
13:04:13 [kaz]
zakim, olivier is ??P17
13:04:13 [Zakim]
+??P17; got it
13:04:16 [kaz]
zakim, who is here?
13:04:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P17, Kazuyuki, Bin_Hu, ddavis, sheau, olivier.a, gmandyam
13:04:18 [Zakim]
On IRC I see gmandyam, Sheau, Bin_Hu, ddavis, skim13, kaz, Zakim, RRSAgent, olivier, trackbot, timeless
13:04:22 [kaz]
zakim, olivier.a is olivier
13:04:22 [Zakim]
+olivier; got it
13:04:29 [kaz]
zakim, drop ??P17
13:04:29 [Zakim]
??P17 is being disconnected
13:04:31 [Zakim]
-??P17
13:05:09 [Zakim]
+??P17
13:05:44 [kaz]
zakim, ??P17 is skim13
13:05:44 [Zakim]
+skim13; got it
13:06:02 [olivier]
Agenda?
13:06:22 [olivier]
-> Proposed agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013Oct/0038.html
13:07:05 [ddavis]
scribenick: ddavis
13:07:08 [ddavis]
scribe: Daniel
13:07:11 [olivier]
zakim, take up agendum 1
13:07:11 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Review of action items: https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/agenda" taken up [from olivier]
13:07:24 [ddavis]
zakim, mute me
13:07:24 [Zakim]
ddavis should now be muted
13:07:49 [ddavis]
olivier: Action 146, update use cases 6 & 7 has been done, no objections.
13:07:52 [olivier]
close action-146
13:07:52 [trackbot]
Closed action-146.
13:08:24 [olivier]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Requirements
13:08:24 [ddavis]
olivier: Action 147, edit requirements doc & link to spreadsheet - done.
13:08:32 [olivier]
close action-147
13:08:32 [trackbot]
Closed action-147.
13:09:11 [ddavis]
olivier: Action 140, Sheau to split service & device discovery in requirements doc.
13:09:16 [olivier]
close action-140
13:09:16 [trackbot]
Closed action-140.
13:09:18 [ddavis]
Sheau: Done
13:09:25 [whyun]
whyun has joined #webtv
13:09:35 [olivier]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Requirements#Network_Selection
13:09:40 [ddavis]
olivier: Action 141, requirement on network selection - done.
13:09:42 [kaz]
Present: Kaz, Bin, Daniel, Sheau, Olivier, Giri
13:09:54 [kaz]
rrsagent, make log public
13:09:58 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:09:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-minutes.html kaz
13:10:04 [ddavis]
s/ - done//
13:10:18 [ddavis]
gmandyam: I just need to add hyperlinks on the Google spreadsheet
13:10:52 [olivier]
close action-141
13:10:52 [trackbot]
Closed action-141.
13:10:57 [ddavis]
olivier: If we're happy, let's close 141
13:11:12 [ddavis]
olivier: That's all the action items for this Task Force
13:11:14 [olivier]
zakim, close agendum 1
13:11:14 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Review of action items: https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/agenda, closed
13:11:16 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:11:16 [Zakim]
2. Review of gap analysis [from olivier]
13:11:20 [olivier]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:11:20 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Review of gap analysis" taken up [from olivier]
13:11:58 [olivier]
* Gap Analysis on Requirement 9 "Context-based and targeted Service Aggregation" http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013Oct/0028.html
13:12:01 [olivier]
* Gap Analysis on Requirement 17 "Tuner Control" http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013Oct/0029.html
13:12:04 [olivier]
* Gap Analysis on Requirement 18 "Channel Identification" http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013Oct/0031.html
13:12:07 [olivier]
* Gap Analysis on Requirement 19 "Content Streaming" http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013Oct/0032.html
13:12:09 [ddavis]
olivier: There were a number of mails on the list about the gap analysis
13:13:20 [ddavis]
olivier: Requirements 9, 17, 18, 19 had good suggestions of gaps
13:13:26 [kaz]
present+ wyhun
13:13:54 [ddavis]
olivier: All specs mentioned in those requirement analysis are not W3C specs.
13:14:29 [ddavis]
olivier: We could look at those specs to see if they do what we need and whether we need to add features to the web platform.
13:14:45 [olivier]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013Oct/0028.html
13:14:51 [ddavis]
olivier: Let's look at GA for Req 9.
13:15:07 [ddavis]
olivier: Related spec is Hybrid broadcast for broadband TV
13:15:43 [ddavis]
olivier: There are a number of gaps. ETSI people, please could you talk more about it?
13:16:04 [ddavis]
skim13: The existing spec has similar features to the application we've defined.
13:16:37 [olivier]
s/ETSI people/ETRI people/
13:16:45 [olivier]
http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/102700_102799/102796/01.02.01_60/ts_102796v010201p.pdf
13:16:48 [kaz]
s/ for broadband/broadband/
13:16:57 [ddavis]
skim13: Maybe we can re-use some of what's in the spec
13:17:33 [ddavis]
olivier: So the recommendation is to re-use some of the concepts, but we'll need to see how that relates to W3C-based web platform architecture.
13:17:48 [ddavis]
olivier: Is there any volunteer to look into these features?
13:18:45 [ddavis]
Zakim, unmute e
13:18:45 [Zakim]
sorry, ddavis, I do not know which phone connection belongs to e
13:18:47 [ddavis]
Zakim, unmute me
13:18:47 [Zakim]
ddavis should no longer be muted
13:19:43 [ddavis]
ACTION: ddavis to look into what features of existing non-W3C specs can be re-used in web platform for Gap Analysis of Req 9
13:19:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-152 - Look into what features of existing non-w3c specs can be re-used in web platform for gap analysis of req 9 [on Daniel Davis - due 2013-10-23].
13:20:03 [ddavis]
zakim, mute me
13:20:03 [Zakim]
ddavis should now be muted
13:20:03 [olivier]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013Oct/0029.html
13:20:12 [ddavis]
olivier: Moving on to req 17
13:20:13 [kaz]
q+
13:20:34 [olivier]
ack kaz
13:20:43 [ddavis]
olivier: There is a related spec that seems to have this feature already
13:21:10 [ddavis]
kaz: Does the action item for Daniel include other specs as well, e.g. NHK's Hybridcast, not just HbbTV?
13:21:23 [ddavis]
olivier: Possibly. Probably a good idea to start with just one and see how we go.
13:21:46 [ddavis]
olivier: Either we don't do anything, we need to integrate something or @@@
13:22:10 [gmandyam]
q+
13:22:14 [ddavis]
olivier: E.g. GA for Req 17, the feature in the existing spec should probably be replicated at the JavaScript level.
13:22:19 [olivier]
ack gmandyam
13:22:42 [kaz]
i/Either/kaz: ok. So Daniel can start with HbbTV
13:22:49 [ddavis]
gmandyam: Is there are requirement for a specific format for ESG? Is it left up to the service implementation?
13:23:19 [ddavis]
olivier: Good question. I think what we were talking about is that ESG is more of an implementation that uses several of the requirements we have
13:23:29 [ddavis]
olivier: E.g. exposing channels and controlling them.
13:24:02 [ddavis]
gmandyam: I agree with that. We support ATSC 3.0 which has different requirements.
13:24:26 [Sheau]
+q
13:24:28 [ddavis]
gmandyam: I'm not seeing any direct dependencies on any particular ESG so I think we're OK.
13:24:48 [ddavis]
olivier: maybe we should clarify this when we publish our findings.
13:25:02 [ddavis]
olivier: We might want to make it clear in our use cases.
13:25:13 [ddavis]
olivier: The Tablet EPG is somewhat similar.
13:25:18 [olivier]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Use_Cases
13:25:26 [olivier]
http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Use_Cases#3._.22Use_Case_Three_.E2.80.93_Tablet_EPG.22
13:25:39 [olivier]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvACjV6qSvmxdEctdjYwa2JOalZLOG10elE1LVRZNlE#gid=0
13:26:09 [ddavis]
olivier: The EPG use case is covered by a number of requirements.
13:26:25 [ddavis]
olivier: That has been our approach so far - EPG/ESG are served by our requirements.
13:26:30 [ddavis]
Zakim, unmute me
13:26:30 [Zakim]
ddavis should no longer be muted
13:26:42 [olivier]
ack Sheau
13:26:44 [ddavis]
zakim, mute me
13:26:44 [Zakim]
ddavis should now be muted
13:27:12 [ddavis]
Sheau: Some of these topics are probably going to be worked on by ATSC 3.0 as well.
13:27:32 [ddavis]
Sheau: So this gap analysis is looking back rather than looking sideways. Other organisations are surely working on these issues.
13:27:42 [gmandyam]
q+
13:27:45 [ddavis]
Sheau: I believe we have a liaison with some of these groups already.
13:27:50 [olivier]
ack gmandyam
13:27:55 [ddavis]
Sheau: What should we do?
13:28:18 [ddavis]
gmandyam: With the ATSC, I'm putting together a draft with a listing of the relevant requirements for v. 3.0.
13:28:33 [ddavis]
gmandyam: ATSC has already prepared a liaison, not sent yet.
13:29:03 [ddavis]
gmandyam: Starting with the gap analysis on the HbbTV doc will satisfy a lot of the ATSC requirements, this group should receive a liaison to take care of this.
13:29:16 [ddavis]
Sheau: We're already very active on ATSC 3.0
13:29:30 [ddavis]
Sheau: Maybe we can expedite things or explore further
13:29:55 [ddavis]
gmandyam: These liaisons are being created by the ATSC S34 group which deals with the presentation layer.
13:30:37 [ddavis]
olivier: Would we, as a group consider HbbTV or ATSC standards good enough or would we need another specification elsewhere to tackle these requirements.
13:31:06 [ddavis]
olivier: I would say as long as there's a way for us to refer to those works in progress, we should say in our analysis when we know of similar work elsewhere.
13:31:19 [ddavis]
olivier: It doesn't seem honest and useful to just ignore similar external work.
13:31:39 [ddavis]
Sheau: I wonder whether we would, through the liaison, put forward our desire.
13:32:17 [kaz]
q+ to count IPTVF-J as well, because they already have an official liaison with W3C
13:32:28 [ddavis]
Sheau: Insofar as ATSC falls within an HTML/browser environment, that falls inside HTTP protocol and we should ensure there is minimal divergence between the two groups.
13:32:55 [ddavis]
Sheau: If ATSC starts using HTTP or some W3C protocol, we need to be aligned.
13:32:58 [olivier]
ack kaz
13:33:06 [Zakim]
kaz, you wanted to count IPTVF-J as well, because they already have an official liaison with W3C
13:33:30 [ddavis]
kaz: We should include IP TV Forum Japan as well.
13:33:45 [ddavis]
olivier: Does OIPF count as well?
13:33:47 [kaz]
s/IP TV Forum/IPTV Forum/
13:33:55 [ddavis]
olivier: Should we have a liaison with OIPF as well?
13:34:18 [ddavis]
kaz: We do have a liaison with OIPF as well
13:34:36 [kaz]
-> http://www.w3.org/2001/11/StdLiaison Liaison table
13:34:55 [ddavis]
olivier: Let's move on - looking at the spreadsheet
13:34:57 [olivier]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvACjV6qSvmxdEctdjYwa2JOalZLOG10elE1LVRZNlE#gid=1
13:35:53 [ddavis]
olivier: There are a number of existing W3C specs, at different stages of progress, and the spreadsheet tries to match them with our requirements.
13:36:02 [ddavis]
olivier: We should review and edit them a bit.
13:36:46 [ddavis]
olivier: In column G, Giuseppe asked the point of including this - it's not a specification.
13:37:02 [ddavis]
olivier: I'd suggest dropping this because we have Media Source Extensions to cover this.
13:37:04 [ddavis]
+1
13:37:13 [ddavis]
+2
13:37:25 [Sheau]
+1
13:37:43 [ddavis]
olivier: OK, done
13:37:55 [ddavis]
olivier: NSD API is the most worked-on column so far
13:37:58 [ddavis]
q+
13:38:10 [ddavis]
zakim, unmute me
13:38:10 [Zakim]
ddavis should no longer be muted
13:38:36 [olivier]
ack ddavis
13:39:41 [ddavis]
ddavis: I had a hard time understanding the difference between "aggregation of services" and "service discovery"
13:40:20 [ddavis]
olivier: One way we can say that is that NSD allows you to aggregate with some work by content creators on top.
13:41:07 [ddavis]
olivier: I think there are two meanings we should show in the table.
13:41:37 [ddavis]
olivier: One is that the spec doesn't cover it but it should (e.g. red cross), the other is that we're not sure (e.g. a yellow question mark)
13:42:52 [ddavis]
olivier: So a red cross would mean the requirement is not possible with the current version of that spec.
13:43:15 [ddavis]
olivier: At the end of this process, we should have a number of requirements for different groups - the red crosses would indicate this.
13:43:40 [ddavis]
olivier: No objections - let's go with that symbol/colour choice.
13:44:15 [ddavis]
olivier: Giuseppe says, in row 8, column B, he doesn't think NSD is in scope to handle authentication.
13:46:10 [ddavis]
ddavis: Security is being discussed re. NSD API with the DAP WG, so some kind of authentication could be being looked at.
13:46:16 [ddavis]
olivier: Let's put it as a question mark.
13:46:38 [ddavis]
olivier: Tuner control, could this be covered by a different spec and not NSD API?
13:46:48 [gmandyam]
q+
13:46:54 [olivier]
ack gmandyam
13:47:12 [ddavis]
gmandyam: The NSD API is meant to cover UPnP, Bonjour, etc.
13:47:37 [ddavis]
gmandyam: I thought tuner control was something more general than that, so I don't know why you'd want to shoehorn that into NSD.
13:47:42 [ddavis]
ddavis: I agree
13:47:56 [ddavis]
olivier: Let's say there's some doubt as to whether this is the right place for it.
13:48:41 [ddavis]
olivier: Given the difference in opinion, this is a question mark.
13:48:57 [ddavis]
olivier: Given the time, let's move on to column G which I've worked on.
13:49:09 [ddavis]
olivier: Maybe we can then assign different columns to different people.
13:49:22 [ddavis]
olivier: Column G is EME.
13:49:42 [ddavis]
olivier: At the bottom of the list of requirements, row 25 & 26, EME is all about content protection.
13:50:07 [ddavis]
olivier: Looking at the spec, it seems that offline protection could be taken care of by EME.
13:50:29 [ddavis]
olivier: EME only provides an interface to the content decryption module (CDM).
13:50:43 [ddavis]
olivier: The CDM could be online or offline, so I think EME covers this requirement.
13:51:09 [ddavis]
Sheau: I'd like to confirm that with Mark Vickers.
13:51:40 [ddavis]
olivier: I sent an email about this earlier which maybe Mark can answer. I think it should be a "yes" but let's put it as a question mark for now.
13:52:15 [ddavis]
olivier: I believe EME can also be used for device authentication (row 8)
13:52:35 [ddavis]
olivier: Regarding row 11, Local Access Control, I don't know if this is what EME should be able to do.
13:52:42 [olivier]
q?
13:52:45 [ddavis]
olivier: So I'm putting that as a question mark
13:53:39 [ddavis]
olivier: Would anyone like to commit to looking into a particular spec, for example WebRTC?
13:54:00 [ddavis]
gmandyam: I can look into it, but in what context?
13:54:39 [ddavis]
gmandyam: WebRTC is a peer-to-peer tech - how does it relate to TV?
13:55:21 [ddavis]
ddavis: Something like the "Device-to-device content transfer" could be relevant.
13:55:37 [ddavis]
gmandyam: There could be issues with content protection there.
13:56:00 [olivier]
ACTION: gmandyam to look through WebRTC column in gap analysis document - due in 2 weeks
13:56:01 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-153 - Look through webrtc column in gap analysis document [on Giridhar Mandyam - due 2013-10-30].
13:56:38 [ddavis]
olivier: There's already been an entry for Web Storage. Do we have a volunteer to look at Web Storage and File API together please?
13:57:18 [ddavis]
Sheau: Generally we would want a qualification who knows something about the particular spec, right?
13:57:32 [ddavis]
olivier: Yes, even for a first pass, an educated guess would be good.
13:57:57 [ddavis]
Sheau: I would volunteer for either web Storage or Media Source Extensions, but not within the next 2 weeks
13:58:50 [olivier]
ACTION: Sheau to look through Web Storage column in the gap analysis doc - due in 4 weeks
13:58:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-154 - Look through web storage column in the gap analysis doc [on Sheau Ng - due 2013-11-13].
13:58:51 [ddavis]
olivier: The goal is to have most of it done by the time we meet at TPAC
13:58:52 [ddavis]
q+
13:58:56 [olivier]
ack ddavis
13:59:31 [ddavis]
ddavis: We should note in the spreadsheet who's looking at each spec and whether the analysis has been done.
13:59:41 [ddavis]
olivier: I'll do that at the top of each column.
14:00:28 [ddavis]
olivier: Any other specs that someone could take a look at? Would be good to get about a half done.
14:01:02 [ddavis]
olivier: You don't have to be an expert - just read through the spec a bit to understand it roughly.
14:01:24 [olivier]
ACTION: olivier to look through MSE column in gap analysis
14:01:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-155 - Look through mse column in gap analysis [on Olivier Thereaux - due 2013-10-23].
14:01:39 [olivier]
ACTION: bin to look through server-sent events columns in gap analysis doc
14:01:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-156 - Look through server-sent events columns in gap analysis doc [on Bin Hu - due 2013-10-23].
14:01:50 [olivier]
ACTION: bin to look through push api column in gap analysis doc
14:01:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-157 - Look through push api column in gap analysis doc [on Bin Hu - due 2013-10-23].
14:02:15 [ddavis]
olivier: Any other volunteers for another column?
14:04:28 [ddavis]
ddavis: Manifest for Web Applications is probably not going to be worked on further.
14:04:28 [olivier]
ACTION: sheau to look through manifest/appcache column, to be used as input for service worker - due in 4 weeks
14:04:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-158 - Look through manifest/appcache column, to be used as input for service worker [on Sheau Ng - due 2013-11-13].
14:04:46 [olivier]
ACTIOM: sheau to look through messaging api column - due in 4 weeks
14:04:58 [olivier]
ACTION: sheau to look through messaging api column - due in 4 weeks
14:04:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-159 - Look through messaging api column [on Sheau Ng - due 2013-11-13].
14:05:00 [ddavis]
ddavis: We can see what Manifest for Web Apps covers already, but we probably can't get new features added to it. Instead, they may be added to ServiceWorker.
14:05:29 [olivier]
zakim, close agendum 2
14:05:29 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Review of gap analysis, closed
14:05:30 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:05:30 [Zakim]
3. Assign further gap analysis [from olivier]
14:05:30 [ddavis]
olivier: Thanks everyone. We have some good coverage there and can use the mailing list for me.
14:05:37 [olivier]
zakim, close agendum 3
14:05:37 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Assign further gap analysis, closed
14:05:38 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:05:38 [Zakim]
4. AOB [from olivier]
14:05:49 [ddavis]
q+
14:05:57 [olivier]
ack ddavis
14:06:25 [olivier]
ddavis: bizdev - we are interested in work of the IG. put a summary into a slide deck
14:06:34 [olivier]
... and pointed to UC&R documents
14:06:39 [olivier]
q+
14:06:43 [olivier]
ack me
14:07:36 [kaz]
q+
14:07:38 [kaz]
q-
14:07:52 [olivier]
ack kaz
14:08:04 [ddavis]
action: ddavis to forward slide deck of use cases to TV IG
14:08:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-160 - Forward slide deck of use cases to tv ig [on Daniel Davis - due 2013-10-23].
14:09:23 [olivier]
zakim, take up agendum 5
14:09:23 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Next meeting" taken up [from olivier]
14:09:50 [kaz]
s/bizdev/the W3C Business Development Team/
14:09:55 [ddavis]
olivier: Next meeting is on 30th October. Is that OK with everyone?
14:10:16 [ddavis]
olivier: No objections so that's confirmed.
14:10:38 [ddavis]
olivier: That's all for today - let's continue on the mailing list.
14:10:54 [Zakim]
-sheau
14:10:54 [ddavis]
olivier: Thanks everyone, have a good morning/day/evening/night.
14:10:55 [Zakim]
-gmandyam
14:10:57 [Zakim]
-Bin_Hu
14:10:57 [Zakim]
-olivier
14:11:00 [skim13]
skim13 has left #webtv
14:11:00 [whyun]
whyun has left #webtv
14:11:00 [Zakim]
-Kazuyuki
14:11:02 [Zakim]
-ddavis
14:11:13 [kaz]
[ adjourned ]
14:11:23 [ddavis]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:11:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-minutes.html ddavis
14:11:36 [kaz]
regrets: Giuseppe, JC, Mark
14:11:44 [kaz]
Chair: Olivier
14:11:49 [kaz]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:11:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-minutes.html kaz
14:13:22 [Zakim]
-skim13
14:13:23 [Zakim]
UW_WebTVIG()9:00AM has ended
14:13:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were Kazuyuki, Bin_Hu, ddavis, sheau, gmandyam, olivier, skim13
14:19:15 [olivier]
I can add the link on the wiki when you send the minutes link to the ML
14:19:21 [olivier]
zakim, bye
14:19:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webtv
14:19:27 [olivier]
rrsagent, bye
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
I see 9 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-actions.rdf :
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ddavis to look into what features of existing non-W3C specs can be re-used in web platform for Gap Analysis of Req 9 [1]
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-irc#T13-19-43
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: gmandyam to look through WebRTC column in gap analysis document - due in 2 weeks [2]
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-irc#T13-56-00
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sheau to look through Web Storage column in the gap analysis doc - due in 4 weeks [3]
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-irc#T13-58-50
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: olivier to look through MSE column in gap analysis [4]
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-irc#T14-01-24
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: bin to look through server-sent events columns in gap analysis doc [5]
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-irc#T14-01-39
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: bin to look through push api column in gap analysis doc [6]
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-irc#T14-01-50
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: sheau to look through manifest/appcache column, to be used as input for service worker - due in 4 weeks [7]
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-irc#T14-04-28-1
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: sheau to look through messaging api column - due in 4 weeks [8]
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-irc#T14-04-58
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ddavis to forward slide deck of use cases to TV IG [9]
14:19:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/10/16-webtv-irc#T14-08-04
14:19:35 [ddavis]
Thanks olivier