W3C

Research and Development Working Group Teleconference

09 Oct 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Vivienne, Yehya, Shadi, Mark, Dave, Klaus, Christos, Giorgio, Luz, Silvia
Regrets
Kerstin, Simon, Justin, Peter, Yeliz
Chair
Shadi
Scribe
Klaus

Contents


E-Learning Accessibility

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Call_for_papers:_Accessible_E-learning_Online_Symposium

<silvia> ok, well I've applied the comments related to the references

<silvia> to the standards and references in the text

<silvia> and we have also add some topic in the Contributions

<silvia> section of the cfp

<silvia> to answer to the David and Luz and Mark comments

<Luz> Ok.

<silvia> so we have fix the topic related to non-conventional devices

<silvia> we have add a topic to e-learning assessment

<silvia> and to the IMS APIP specification

<Luz> It reads perfect to me.

<silvia> ok

<DaveS> OK with me

<silvia> ok

<silvia> We have not yet add the UDL reference to the wiki topic page

<silvia> (from Mark)

<silvia> not yet

<silvia> yes

<silvia> no, it is just a matter of time to fix it!

<silvia> I'm going to fix it at the end of the meeting

<mhakkinen> I have a comment to add to the APIP section. Will do that via email.

Shadi: CFP ready to be announced? other comments?
... Sounds like a go!

<silvia> ok, I'm waiting Mark email

<silvia> ok

Mark: Comment to APIP will be sent. Needs research.

<silvia> ok

Mark: will be sent to Silvia after the call

<silvia> ok, great

<Luz> I agree.

Shadi: Thanks to call authors! Much excitement out there. Good synergy with own teaching.

+1

<Luz> +1

<giorgio> +1

<christos> +1

<mhakkinen> +1

<Vivienne> +1

<DaveS> +1

<silvia> :) thank you!

Shadi: Good luck Silvia and Justin

User Modeling Research Report

User Modelling Research Report

<shadi> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2013Oct/0019.html

Shadi: Please send comments to list (substantial content); editing issues to authors directly.

Yehya: No comments, questions and answers still to be summrized

Shadi: Transcript is annex - not necessary as it is online. We can refer to it but no need to summarize. In particular in the future direction section. You can quote people.
... Transcript can be referenced. What came out of discussion can be included in the report.

Christos: References have to be added

No other comments

Tips for AAR http://goo.gl/PTzghe

Tips for Accessibility-Aware Research

David: No feedback so far.
... Peopl should look at the page.

Shadi: Including accessibility into day to day research. There is a lot of know-how for other research fields and how to bridge it into mainstream research. Going out of the closed club. E.g. access speech
... We should reach out what other researchers could consider and how to involve them in accessibility
... Gret headings in the draft.

David: Any researcher could be pointed to whatever he works on. Challenge to connect to R&D with other focus.
... More researchers should join

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Tips_for_Accessibility-Aware_Research

<shadi> [[Tips for Accessibility-Aware Research: Start-up tips and basic guidance for researchers for incorporating accessibility considerations into their research designs, to be published as a W3C Working Group Note.]]

Shadi: We are open about format for research tips. More focused on content. Main points should be scoped out - then consider format which has most impact

Markel: Tips for R&D organisations might be added. e.g. Accessibility testing tools;

David: It is more on academic view at the moment

Markel: The process is often industry/academic balanced - process should be considered

sorry Mark!!!

Shadi: RDWG discussion on this topic? For one hour structured discussion? Get perspectives out of group!

David: Good idea based on a elaborated draft.

Shadi: There might be poeople who started in other domains.
... Will contact and propose to Simon.

David: Please add comments and topics to draft.

Text Customisation W3C Note Status

Text Customisation Note

David: No new information. Timeline to be defined. Shawn will be contacted for drafting.

Mark: Research post open - please contact directly; recent PHDs, background in web accessibility

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-10-10 06:58:25 $