IRC log of rd on 2013-10-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:26:09 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
13:26:10 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/10/09-rd-irc
13:26:11 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:26:12 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rd
13:26:13 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:26:13 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:26:14 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:26:15 [trackbot]
Date: 09 October 2013
13:27:10 [shadi]
zakim, this is rd
13:27:12 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; that matches WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
13:27:23 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:27:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IPcaller]
13:27:24 [Yehya]
Yehya has joined #rd
13:27:35 [Zakim]
+??P17
13:27:42 [klaus]
klaus has joined #rd
13:27:49 [Vivienne]
zakim, IPcaller is me
13:27:49 [Zakim]
+Vivienne; got it
13:27:57 [Vivienne]
zakim, mute me
13:27:57 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
13:28:14 [Zakim]
+[Fraunhofer]
13:28:42 [Yehya]
zakim, [Fraunhofer] is me
13:28:42 [Zakim]
+Yehya; got it
13:29:23 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:29:39 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
13:29:58 [Zakim]
+darobin
13:30:05 [Luz]
Luz has joined #rd
13:30:31 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:30:42 [Vivienne]
Hi all
13:30:49 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:30:49 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:30:50 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Vivienne (muted), ??P17, Yehya, darobin, Shadi, [IPcaller]
13:30:51 [Zakim]
+Markku
13:30:55 [DaveS]
zakim, IPcaller is me
13:30:55 [silvia]
silvia has joined #rd
13:30:55 [Zakim]
+DaveS; got it
13:31:13 [silvia]
zakim, IPcaller is me
13:31:13 [Zakim]
sorry, silvia, I do not recognize a party named 'IPcaller'
13:31:15 [DaveS]
zakim, mute me
13:31:15 [Zakim]
DaveS should now be muted
13:31:16 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:31:25 [silvia]
zakim, IPcaller is me
13:31:25 [Zakim]
+silvia; got it
13:31:30 [klaus]
zakim, ??P17 is me
13:31:30 [Zakim]
+klaus; got it
13:32:06 [shadi]
zakim, darobin is Luz
13:32:06 [Zakim]
+Luz; got it
13:32:42 [Luz]
zakim, mute me
13:32:42 [Zakim]
Luz should now be muted
13:32:57 [shadi]
scribe: Klaus
13:32:59 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
13:32:59 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
13:33:20 [klaus]
zakim, take up next item
13:33:20 [Zakim]
I see nothing on the agenda
13:33:26 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:33:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Vivienne (muted), klaus (muted), Yehya, Luz (muted), Shadi, DaveS (muted), Markku, silvia
13:33:31 [christos]
christos has joined #rd
13:33:52 [Zakim]
+??P33
13:34:04 [christos]
zakim, ??P33 is me
13:34:04 [Zakim]
+christos; got it
13:34:04 [shadi]
Topic: E-Learning Accessibility
13:34:16 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Call_for_papers:_Accessible_E-learning_Online_Symposium
13:34:17 [silvia]
can you hear me?
13:34:25 [giorgio]
giorgio has joined #rd
13:34:25 [shadi]
ack silvia
13:34:26 [mhakkinen]
mhakkinen has joined #rd
13:34:29 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
13:34:29 [Zakim]
silvia was not muted, silvia
13:35:08 [silvia]
I'm try another mic
13:35:58 [Zakim]
+??P26
13:36:14 [giorgio]
zakim, ??p26 is giorgio
13:36:15 [Zakim]
+giorgio; got it
13:36:26 [silvia]
I'm not sure what is the problem ... it seems ok here
13:36:44 [silvia]
I can type
13:37:01 [silvia]
ok, well I've applied the comments related to the references
13:37:09 [silvia]
to the standards and references in the text
13:37:22 [silvia]
and we have also add some topic in the Contributions
13:37:26 [silvia]
section of the cfp
13:37:45 [silvia]
to answer to the David and Luz and Mark comments
13:38:08 [Luz]
Ok.
13:38:10 [Cathead]
Cathead has joined #rd
13:38:12 [silvia]
so we have fix the topic related to non-conventional devices
13:38:20 [silvia]
we have add a topic to e-learning assessment
13:38:30 [silvia]
and to the IMS APIP specification
13:38:38 [Luz]
It reads perfect to me.
13:38:50 [silvia]
ok
13:38:56 [DaveS]
OK with me
13:38:59 [silvia]
ok
13:39:28 [silvia]
We have not yet add the UDL reference to the wiki topic page
13:39:32 [silvia]
(from Mark)
13:39:42 [silvia]
not yet
13:39:43 [silvia]
yes
13:40:07 [silvia]
no, it is just a matter of time to fix it!
13:40:15 [silvia]
I'm going to fix it at the end of the meeting
13:40:43 [shadi]
zakim, who is making noise?
13:40:54 [Zakim]
shadi, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Shadi (53%), silvia (94%)
13:41:09 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:41:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Vivienne (muted), klaus (muted), Yehya, Luz (muted), Shadi, DaveS (muted), Markku, silvia, christos, giorgio
13:41:22 [silvia]
:)
13:41:22 [shadi]
zakim, unmute luz
13:41:22 [Zakim]
Luz should no longer be muted
13:41:33 [Luz]
zakim, mute me
13:41:33 [Zakim]
Luz should now be muted
13:41:41 [Luz]
Sorry.
13:41:48 [mhakkinen]
I have a comment to add to the APIP section. Will do that via email.
13:41:52 [shadi]
zakim, luz is silvia2
13:41:52 [Zakim]
+silvia2; got it
13:42:01 [shadi]
zakim, silvia is Luz
13:42:05 [Zakim]
+Luz; got it
13:42:09 [shadi]
zakim, mute luz
13:42:09 [Zakim]
Luz should now be muted
13:42:18 [shadi]
zakim, unmute silvia2
13:42:18 [Zakim]
silvia2 should no longer be muted
13:42:20 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
13:42:20 [Zakim]
silvia2 was not muted, silvia
13:42:33 [silvia]
zakim, silvia2 is me
13:42:33 [Zakim]
+silvia; got it
13:42:41 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
13:42:41 [Zakim]
silvia was not muted, silvia
13:43:13 [klaus]
Shadi: CFP ready to be announced? other comments?
13:43:38 [klaus]
Shadi: Sounds like a go!
13:43:50 [silvia]
ok, I'm waiting Mark email
13:45:04 [silvia]
ok
13:45:12 [klaus]
Mark: Comment to APIP will be sent. Needs research.
13:45:17 [silvia]
ok
13:45:28 [klaus]
Mark: will be sent to Silvia after the call
13:45:53 [silvia]
ok, great
13:46:34 [Luz]
I agree.
13:46:42 [klaus]
Shadi: Thanks to call authors! Much excitement out there. Good synergy with own teaching.
13:47:02 [klaus]
+1
13:47:06 [Luz]
+1
13:47:13 [giorgio]
+1
13:47:16 [christos]
+1
13:47:17 [mhakkinen]
+1
13:47:17 [Vivienne]
+1
13:47:19 [DaveS]
+1
13:47:22 [silvia]
:) thank you!
13:47:37 [klaus]
Shadi: Good luck Silvia and Justin
13:47:47 [shadi]
Topic: User Modeling Research Report
13:47:53 [klaus]
User Modelling Research Report
13:48:01 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2013Oct/0019.html
13:48:56 [klaus]
Shadi: Please send comments to list (substantial content); editing issues to authors directly.
13:49:43 [klaus]
Yehya: No comments, questions and answers still to be summrized
13:50:47 [klaus]
Shadi: Transcript is annex - not necessary as it is online. We can refer to it but no need to summarize. In particular in the future direction section. You can quote people.
13:51:42 [klaus]
Shadi: Transcript can be referenced. What came out of discussion can be included in the report.
13:52:13 [klaus]
Christos: References have to be added
13:52:22 [klaus]
No other comments
13:52:53 [DaveS]
zakim, ack me
13:52:53 [Zakim]
unmuting DaveS
13:52:54 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
13:52:55 [shadi]
Topic: Tips for AAR http://goo.gl/PTzghe
13:53:22 [klaus]
Tips for Accessibility-Aware Research
13:53:32 [klaus]
David: No feedback so far.
13:54:07 [klaus]
David: Peopl should look at the page.
13:56:04 [klaus]
Shadi: Including accessibility into day to day research. There is a lot of know-how for other research fields and how to bridge it into mainstream research. Going out of the closed club. E.g. access speech
13:56:37 [klaus]
Shadi: We should reach out what other researchers could consider and how to involve them in accessibility
13:56:54 [klaus]
Shadi: Gret headings in the draft.
13:57:08 [Vivienne]
q+
13:57:17 [mhakkinen]
Q+
13:57:52 [klaus]
David: Any researcher could be pointed to whatever he works on. Challenge to connect to R&D with other focus.
13:58:48 [Vivienne]
ack me
13:58:50 [klaus]
David: More researchers should join
13:59:04 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Tips_for_Accessibility-Aware_Research
13:59:39 [shadi]
[[Tips for Accessibility-Aware Research: Start-up tips and basic guidance for researchers for incorporating accessibility considerations into their research designs, to be published as a W3C Working Group Note.]]
14:00:41 [Vivienne]
zakim, mute me
14:00:41 [Zakim]
Vivienne should now be muted
14:00:45 [klaus]
Shadi: We are open about format for research tips. More focused on content. Main points should be scoped out - then consider format which has most impact
14:00:47 [shadi]
ack mhakkinen
14:01:35 [klaus]
Markel: Tips for R&D organisations might be added. e.g. Accessibility testing tools;
14:01:55 [klaus]
David: It is more on academic view at the moment
14:02:40 [klaus]
Markel: The process is often industry/academic balanced - process should be considered
14:03:16 [klaus]
sorry Mark!!!
14:03:58 [klaus]
Shadi: RDWG discussion on this topic? For one hour structured discussion? Get perspectives out of group!
14:04:10 [klaus]
David: Good idea based on a elaborated draft.
14:05:26 [klaus]
Shadi: There might be poeople who started in other domains.
14:05:41 [klaus]
Shadi: Will contact and propose to Simon.
14:05:54 [klaus]
David: Please add comments and topics to draft.
14:06:18 [shadi]
Topic: Text Customisation W3C Note Status
14:06:29 [klaus]
Text Customisation Note
14:07:40 [klaus]
David: No new information. Timeline to be defined. Shawn will be contacted for drafting.
14:08:49 [klaus]
Mark: Research post open - please contact directly; recent PHDs, background in web accessibility
14:09:06 [silvia]
:)
14:09:40 [Luz]
Yes.
14:09:47 [silvia]
thank you!
14:09:49 [klaus]
Shadi: Thanks, bye; Call for eAccessibility in Learning to be out the next days.
14:09:52 [Vivienne]
good night all
14:09:53 [giorgio]
ok bye
14:09:55 [klaus]
bye
14:09:57 [Zakim]
-giorgio
14:09:57 [Luz]
Thank you, bye bye :) !
14:09:57 [silvia]
bye
14:09:59 [Zakim]
-Markku
14:10:00 [Zakim]
-Yehya
14:10:00 [Zakim]
-christos
14:10:01 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:10:02 [Zakim]
-klaus
14:10:04 [Zakim]
-Vivienne
14:10:04 [Zakim]
-silvia
14:10:07 [Zakim]
-Luz
14:10:09 [Zakim]
-DaveS
14:10:10 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has ended
14:10:10 [Zakim]
Attendees were Vivienne, Yehya, Shadi, Markku, DaveS, klaus, christos, giorgio, Luz, silvia
14:13:49 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:13:49 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:13:49 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:13:57 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:13:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/10/09-rd-minutes.html trackbot
14:13:58 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:13:58 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items