IRC log of mbui on 2013-09-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

09:46:55 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mbui
09:46:55 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/09/27-mbui-irc
09:47:12 [dsr]
meeting: Model-Based UI
09:47:20 [dsr]
chair: Gerrit
09:47:28 [dsr]
scribe: Dave
09:47:30 [dsr]
scribenick: dsr
09:57:42 [Zakim]
UW_MBUI()6:00AM has now started
09:57:44 [Zakim]
+ +55213527aaaa
09:58:56 [joelle]
joelle has joined #mbui
10:00:14 [Zakim]
+Dsr
10:01:18 [Zakim]
+[Fraunhofer]
10:02:08 [Zakim]
+ +33.4.76.51.aabb
10:02:46 [dsr]
Present: Laufe, Dave, Jaroslav, Joelle
10:02:55 [dsr]
Regrets: Fabio, Gaelle
10:03:29 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
10:03:42 [dsr]
Present+ Davide
10:04:07 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
10:04:28 [dsr]
Present+ Paolo
10:04:51 [dsr]
Regrets+ Gerrit
10:04:54 [dsr]
Chair: Dave
10:05:28 [dsr]
Topic: Abstract UI
10:05:43 [dsr]
http://www.w3.org/2011/mbui/drafts/abstract-ui/
10:06:18 [dsr]
Regrets+ Vivian
10:09:11 [dsr]
Vivian sent Dave the XML Schema which is now normatively linked from the draft
10:11:29 [dsr]
Davide: this schema is for the meta model and not for serializing AUI models.
10:11:42 [dsr]
Paolo: yes. it is generated automatically from the UML
10:12:55 [dsr]
Davide: for the task models, we chose to use a schema that could be used for serialization, and it would be good if the AUI spec was the same
10:14:12 [dsr]
Paolo: how did you produce the task model schema?
10:14:28 [dsr]
Davide: by hand
10:14:56 [dsr]
Davide: I could produce one for the Abstract UI if you like, but would need someone to check it against the metamodel
10:15:12 [dsr]
Paolo: yes, and I can check it for you.
10:15:30 [dsr]
Dave: is there a chance for having that for next week's call?
10:15:47 [dsr]
Davide: I will send Paolo a daft on Wednesday
10:15:57 [dsr]
Paolo: ok , I will then check it on Thursday
10:16:31 [dsr]
Topic: Introductory document
10:17:07 [dsr]
Joelle: a number of people sent comments, and Gaelle and I made such changes, see the yellow text
10:18:35 [dsr]
Jean wanted to have this paragraph on model-based design, and we think here is a good place.
10:19:06 [dsr]
Does anyone agree with this?
10:19:11 [dsr]
[yes]
10:19:35 [dsr]
s/yellow/red/
10:21:36 [dsr]
Joelle: an action here is for UCL to ...
10:22:08 [dsr]
... we have a complementary document with additional details on use cases.
10:22:50 [dsr]
Jaroslav: we started to work on the separate Use Case doc at the Munich Face to Face
10:23:28 [dsr]
see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BnITI7AoeZAlOMiRvLW0Yt45nsx9wCT3AVTgmLDu2G0
10:24:10 [dsr]
Joelle: we aren't referencing the external car rental use case document, are we?
10:26:46 [dsr]
There is no concrete CUI example in the introductory document. I think we should have one.
10:27:56 [dsr]
Paolo: I see your point. The idea was to put a overview into the introductory document and full details for car rental into a separate doc.
10:28:28 [dsr]
Joelle: I would like to see UCL reconcile the two documents.
10:29:18 [dsr]
What is missing is an explicit description of the task requirements and the context of use.
10:30:48 [dsr]
Joelle asks Paolo if he can rewrite the Story Editor use case for consistency with the others.
10:30:51 [dsr]
Paolo: ok
10:31:12 [dsr]
(see Joelle's notes in the google doc)
10:32:28 [dsr]
Joelle: we are fairly close to being done ...
10:33:46 [dsr]
This introductory document is for people new to model-based UI, so we need to avoid going into too deep technical details.
10:34:35 [dsr]
Joelle: we need all of the use cases to be consistent in structure and level of details.
10:34:47 [dsr]
Paolo: yes, I understand that
10:36:48 [dsr]
Joelle: I will be busy for the next two weeks and won't be able to attend the call due to reviews
10:37:54 [dsr]
Dave: UCL isn't on the call so we can't action them, but Paolo, could you commit to revising the Story Editor use case for the next call.
10:38:28 [dsr]
Joelle: every use case owner needs to check that it is consistent with the car rental use case description.
10:39:08 [dsr]
Dave: UCL owns the Digital Home
10:39:28 [dsr]
Davide: I will ask Fabio if he can review that use case
10:40:33 [dsr]
Dave: UC3 is minimalistic UI, I will email Gerrit and Marc to review that one
10:40:57 [dsr]
Dave: UC4 is Story Editor which Paolo owns
10:41:54 [dsr]
Joelle: UC5 and UC6 need work from Sebastian and Gerrit.
10:42:28 [dsr]
Joelle: we own UC7 (migratory UI)
10:42:33 [dsr]
Paolo: this is a little long
10:42:59 [dsr]
Joelle: if you want to shorten this feel free to have a go ...
10:43:08 [dsr]
Paolo: this looks like two use cases
10:43:44 [dsr]
Laufe spots a small error and fixes it
10:45:20 [dsr]
Joelle: it used to be two separate use cases, do you want us to separate it again?
10:46:08 [dsr]
Paolo: I would leave that to your judgement
10:46:58 [dsr]
Joelle: I want to hear from others on this
10:47:40 [dsr]
Dave: let's first get all of the use cases into a consistent form before making a final decision.
10:48:01 [dsr]
Topic: Glossary
10:48:17 [dsr]
Dave: Jaroslav, you were making some changes?
10:48:45 [dsr]
Jaroslav: I haven't got feedback from Fabio, e.g. missing references.
10:48:57 [dsr]
Dave: can you send me a version for the website?
10:49:09 [dsr]
Jaroslav: yes, I will do that asap.
10:49:41 [dsr]
... I am sure there may be some more small changes once people have reviewed the draft
10:49:53 [dsr]
Topic: Any other business?
10:49:56 [joelle]
joelle has joined #mbui
10:49:57 [dsr]
[no]
10:50:14 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller.a]
10:50:15 [Zakim]
- +33.4.76.51.aabb
10:50:16 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
10:50:17 [Zakim]
-[Fraunhofer]
10:50:25 [Zakim]
-Dsr
10:50:28 [Zakim]
- +55213527aaaa
10:50:29 [Zakim]
UW_MBUI()6:00AM has ended
10:50:29 [Zakim]
Attendees were +55213527aaaa, Dsr, [Fraunhofer], +33.4.76.51.aabb, [IPcaller]
10:50:37 [dsr]
Dave wishes Joelle all the best for her review!
10:50:49 [dsr]
rrsagent, set logs public
10:50:57 [dsr]
rrsagent, make minutes
10:50:57 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/09/27-mbui-minutes.html dsr
11:39:14 [hbraun]
hbraun has joined #mbui
12:15:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mbui