IRC log of xproc on 2013-09-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

08:14:30 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
08:14:30 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/09/26-xproc-irc
08:16:56 [Norm]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
08:16:56 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
08:16:56 [Norm]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2013/09/26-agenda
08:16:56 [Norm]
Date: 26/27 Sep 2013
08:16:56 [Norm]
Meeting: 237
08:16:56 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
08:16:56 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
08:16:57 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
08:17:09 [ht]
ht has joined #xproc
08:17:24 [Norm]
Present: Norm, Henry, Jim, Alex
08:18:06 [Norm]
Henry Henry Henry Henry Henry Henry Henry Henry Henry
08:18:25 [Norm]
Henry
08:18:25 [Norm]
Henry
08:18:25 [Norm]
Henry
08:18:25 [Norm]
Henry
08:18:25 [Norm]
Henry
08:18:25 [Norm]
Henry
08:18:25 [Norm]
Henry
08:18:26 [Norm]
Henry
08:18:26 [Norm]
Henry
08:18:26 [Norm]
Henry
08:18:28 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
08:18:53 [Norm]
Topic: Agenda review, overall planning
08:19:00 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2013/09/26-agenda
08:19:04 [Norm]
Regrets: Vojtech
08:19:09 [jf_2013]
jf_2013 has joined #xproc
08:19:16 [jf_2013]
jf_2013 has left #xproc
08:22:16 [jf_2013]
jf_2013 has joined #xproc
08:27:39 [Norm]
Henry: We may need more time for the profiles document
08:27:56 [Norm]
Norm: We could conceivably have the whole of Friday afternoon if we moved the other stuff around a bit.
08:28:13 [Norm]
Jim: Another face-to-face?
08:28:46 [Norm]
Henry: Far enough in the future that we don't have to plan it today.
08:29:10 [Norm]
Norm: Colocated with XML Prague is probably the next obvious opportunity.
08:30:39 [Norm]
...Anyway, we can focus on that later
08:32:43 [jf_2013]
http://www.w3.org/XML/2013/xproc-charter.html
08:33:10 [Norm]
ACTION: A-237-01 Liam to update the charter page or link from the Processing Model WG homepage
08:34:05 [Norm]
Accept this agenda?
08:34:07 [Norm]
Accepted.
08:34:15 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
08:34:15 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2013/08/28-minutes
08:34:27 [Norm]
Accepted.
08:34:30 [Norm]
Topic: Next meeting: 09 Oct 2013?
08:35:26 [Norm]
09 Oct 2013, accepted.
08:36:58 [Norm]
Topic: Requirements for V.next
08:37:10 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/requirements-v2-jim.html
08:42:00 [Norm]
Alex raised some questions about alignment with serialization in the XQuery/XSLT 3.0 specs
08:42:25 [Norm]
Norm proposes retitling the "Abandon support for XPath 1.0" to "Align with XQuery/XSLT 3.0 specifications"
08:43:32 [Norm]
Alex: The new template stuff in XSLT 3.0, the ability to use curly braces in element content, is a lot like our p:template
08:44:19 [Norm]
Alex: I also wonder about the issue I raised a while back:
08:44:20 [Norm]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2013May/0015.html
08:45:45 [Norm]
Alex: It would be unfortunate to have different semantics than XSLT
08:47:36 [Norm]
ACTION: A-237-02 Norm to review the curly-brace template stuff in XSLT wrt how it compares to p:template
08:52:01 [Norm]
Alex asks about step inventories
08:52:42 [Norm]
Norm: I think we should have a section where we consider new steps as part of the spec: promoting p:template and friends is one case, adding p:zip/unzip is another that occurs to me.
08:53:28 [Norm]
Some discussion of breaking the spec into two parts.
08:55:32 [Norm]
Some discussion of how versioning would would work.
08:59:10 [Norm]
Norm: Is there anyone opposed, in pricinple, to having two specs?
08:59:42 [Norm]
Jim: I'm not against it, but I wonder if it'll be better for users
08:59:46 [Norm]
Alex: What about writing a primer?
09:00:42 [Norm]
Norm: That would have to be in our deliverables if we put it on the REC track.
09:30:12 [caribou]
caribou has joined #xproc
11:29:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc
12:12:41 [jf_2013]
jf_2013 has joined #xproc
12:33:30 [ht]
ht has joined #xproc
12:40:42 [ht_home]
ht_home has joined #xproc
13:42:32 [ht]
ht has joined #xproc
14:06:52 [jf_2013]
testing
14:07:22 [Norm]
Norm has joined #xproc
14:07:28 [Norm]
http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/xproc-v2-req.html
14:11:28 [jf_2013]
Alex proposal for non xml docs http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2012Oct/0006.html
14:11:52 [jf_2013]
Vojtechs proposal http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2012Sep/0020.html
15:29:31 [Norm]
Henry: We've discussed but never come to conclusion on the question of adding the XQuery/XSLT invariant to XProc
15:29:40 [Norm]
Some discussion follows