IRC log of dnt on 2013-09-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:44:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dnt
15:44:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/09/18-dnt-irc
15:44:06 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:44:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dnt
15:44:08 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be
15:44:08 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot
15:44:09 [trackbot]
Meeting: Tracking Protection Working Group Teleconference
15:44:09 [trackbot]
Date: 18 September 2013
15:44:15 [tlr]
zakim, this will be TRACK
15:44:15 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; I see T&S_Track(dnt)12:00PM scheduled to start in 16 minutes
15:45:02 [amyc]
amyc has joined #dnt
15:46:16 [wseltzer]
wseltzer has changed the topic to: Agenda Sept 18: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2013Sep/0057.html
15:48:58 [JackHobaugh]
JackHobaugh has joined #dnt
15:54:20 [vinay]
vinay has joined #dnt
15:55:20 [Zakim]
T&S_Track(dnt)12:00PM has now started
15:55:25 [Zakim]
+npdoty
15:55:27 [Zakim]
+Wendy
15:55:54 [jeff]
jeff has joined #dnt
15:55:54 [dsinger]
dsinger has joined #dnt
15:56:16 [eberkower]
eberkower has joined #dnt
15:56:32 [Zakim]
+Jeff
15:56:40 [fielding]
fielding has joined #dnt
15:57:22 [Zakim]
+ +1.203.563.aaaa
15:57:35 [Zakim]
+Susan_Israel
15:57:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.646.654.aabb
15:57:44 [Zakim]
+Fielding
15:57:45 [eberkower]
Zakim aabb is eberkower
15:57:51 [wseltzer]
zakim, Susan_Israel has AmyColando
15:57:51 [Zakim]
+AmyColando; got it
15:57:56 [Zakim]
+Carl
15:58:02 [susanisrael]
susanisrael has joined #dnt
15:58:04 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
15:58:08 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.639.aacc
15:58:11 [dsinger]
zakim, [IPCaller] is dsinger
15:58:12 [Zakim]
+dsinger; got it
15:58:19 [wseltzer]
zakim, aaaa is LynnJohnson
15:58:20 [Zakim]
+LynnJohnson; got it
15:58:24 [npdoty]
Zakim, aabb is eberkower
15:58:25 [Zakim]
+eberkower; got it
15:58:25 [mecallahan]
mecallahan has joined #dnt
15:58:27 [justin]
justin has joined #dnt
15:58:28 [Zakim]
+Jeffrey_Myers
15:58:39 [eberkower]
Zakim mute me please
15:58:45 [npdoty]
Zakim, aacc is mecallahan
15:58:45 [Zakim]
+mecallahan; got it
15:58:45 [wseltzer]
zakim, aacc is MaryEllenCallahan
15:58:46 [Zakim]
sorry, wseltzer, I do not recognize a party named 'aacc'
15:58:51 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.347.aadd
15:58:55 [Zakim]
-Carl
15:59:01 [Zakim]
+[Mozilla]
15:59:03 [npdoty]
Zakim, please mute eberkower
15:59:03 [Zakim]
eberkower should now be muted
15:59:07 [vinay]
I just joined from a 385 number, but I don't see it appear here
15:59:07 [James]
James has joined #dnt
15:59:13 [JackHobaugh]
Zakim, aadd is JackHobaugh
15:59:13 [Zakim]
+JackHobaugh; got it
15:59:16 [sidstamm]
sidstamm has joined #dnt
15:59:41 [sidstamm]
Zakim, Mozilla has me
15:59:41 [Zakim]
+sidstamm; got it
15:59:54 [Zakim]
+Rigo
15:59:55 [kulick]
kulick has joined #dnt
16:00:01 [ifette]
ifette has joined #dnt
16:00:06 [eberkower]
Thanks, nick. Zakim, mute me
16:00:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.836.aaee
16:00:22 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-skype
16:00:22 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
16:00:23 [Zakim]
+Thomas
16:00:25 [Zakim]
+RichardWeaver
16:00:34 [tlr]
zakim, I am thomas
16:00:34 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate you with Thomas
16:00:38 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.214.aaff
16:00:40 [Zakim]
-Rigo
16:00:43 [npdoty]
Zakim, call rigo-mobile
16:00:44 [Joanne]
Joanne has joined #DNT
16:00:45 [Zakim]
ok, npdoty; the call is being made
16:00:45 [Zakim]
+Rigo
16:00:45 [Richard_comScore]
Richard_comScore has joined #dnt
16:00:45 [kulick]
Zakim, aaee is kulick
16:00:45 [Zakim]
+ +1.949.483.aagg
16:00:45 [Zakim]
+Carl
16:00:45 [Zakim]
+kulick; got it
16:00:49 [Zakim]
-JackHobaugh
16:00:51 [ifette]
zakim, aaff is Google
16:00:51 [Zakim]
+Google; got it
16:00:51 [wseltzer]
zakim, who is here?
16:00:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Wendy, npdoty, Jeff, LynnJohnson, Susan_Israel, eberkower (muted), Fielding, dsinger, mecallahan, Jeffrey_Myers, [Mozilla], kulick, RichardWeaver, Thomas,
16:00:52 [Zakim]
... Google, Carl, +1.949.483.aagg, Rigo (muted)
16:00:52 [Zakim]
Susan_Israel has AmyColando
16:00:52 [Zakim]
[Mozilla] has sidstamm
16:00:52 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Richard_comScore, Joanne, ifette, kulick, sidstamm, James, justin, mecallahan, susanisrael, fielding, eberkower, dsinger, jeff, vinay, JackHobaugh, amyc, Zakim,
16:00:52 [susanisrael]
201.723.xxxx is susan israel and Amy Colando, calling from a conference we are both attending
16:00:55 [ifette]
Zakim, Google has ifette
16:00:57 [Zakim]
... RRSAgent, cargill_, npdoty, qchris, tlr, rigo, wseltzer, Walter, trackbot
16:00:57 [Zakim]
+ifette; got it
16:01:02 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:01:04 [Ari]
Ari has joined #dnt
16:01:05 [Zakim]
+Peder_Magee
16:01:05 [npdoty]
Zakim, Jeffrey_Myers may be vinay
16:01:05 [Zakim]
+vinay?; got it
16:01:07 [Zakim]
+JeffWilson
16:01:09 [Walter]
zakim, IPcaller is Walter
16:01:10 [Zakim]
+hefferjr
16:01:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.646.845.aahh
16:01:10 [Zakim]
+Walter; got it
16:01:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.595.aaii
16:01:20 [dwainberg]
dwainberg has joined #dnt
16:01:22 [James]
zakim, aagg is james
16:01:23 [Zakim]
+ +49.172.147.aajj
16:01:23 [Zakim]
+james; got it
16:01:29 [moneill2]
moneill2 has joined #dnt
16:01:31 [Zakim]
+Justin
16:01:34 [_023263538]
_023263538 has joined #dnt
16:01:41 [vinay]
Thanks for clearing it up, Nick
16:01:41 [Zakim]
+Joanne
16:01:42 [Adamp]
Adamp has joined #dnt
16:01:54 [James]
zakim, mute me
16:01:55 [Zakim]
james should now be muted
16:01:55 [hwest]
hwest has joined #dnt
16:01:59 [Zakim]
+ +1.646.666.aakk
16:02:13 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.347.aall
16:02:16 [npdoty]
Zakim, aajj is schunter
16:02:16 [Zakim]
+schunter; got it
16:02:18 [wseltzer]
zakim, who is on the call?
16:02:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Wendy, npdoty, Jeff, LynnJohnson, Susan_Israel, eberkower (muted), Fielding, dsinger, mecallahan, vinay?, [Mozilla], kulick, RichardWeaver, Thomas, Google, Carl,
16:02:22 [Zakim]
... james (muted), Rigo, Walter, Peder_Magee, +1.646.845.aahh, hefferjr, JeffWilson, +1.650.595.aaii, schunter, Justin, Joanne, +1.646.666.aakk, +1.202.347.aall
16:02:22 [Zakim]
Susan_Israel has AmyColando
16:02:22 [Zakim]
[Mozilla] has sidstamm
16:02:22 [Zakim]
Google has ifette
16:02:22 [Zakim]
+ +44.186.558.aamm
16:02:23 [WileyS]
WileyS has joined #dnt
16:02:26 [ChrisPedigoOPA]
ChrisPedigoOPA has joined #dnt
16:02:36 [dwainberg]
zakim, aahh is dwainberg
16:02:37 [Zakim]
+ +44.142.864.aann
16:02:37 [Zakim]
+dwainberg; got it
16:02:39 [Zakim]
+Chris_Pedigo
16:02:42 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.346.aaoo
16:02:43 [npdoty]
Zakim, who is making noise?
16:02:45 [Zakim]
+ +1.972.664.aapp
16:02:46 [JackHobaugh]
Zakim, aall is JackHobaugh and Marc
16:02:46 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'aall is JackHobaugh and Marc', JackHobaugh
16:02:47 [Chris_IAB]
Chris_IAB has joined #dnt
16:02:53 [npdoty]
Zakim, JackHobaugh has Marc
16:02:53 [Zakim]
sorry, npdoty, I do not recognize a party named 'JackHobaugh'
16:02:54 [Brooks]
Brooks has joined #dnt
16:02:55 [hwest]
Zakim, aaoo is hwest
16:02:55 [Zakim]
npdoty, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Justin (65%), +1.646.666.aakk (29%), +1.202.347.aall (18%), +44.142.864.aann (26%), ??P15 (4%), Wendy (5%)
16:02:55 [Zakim]
+hwest; got it
16:03:04 [npdoty]
Zakim, aall is JackHobaugh
16:03:04 [vincent]
vincent has joined #dnt
16:03:04 [Zakim]
+JackHobaugh; got it
16:03:08 [npdoty]
Zakim, JackHobaugh has Marc
16:03:08 [Zakim]
+Marc; got it
16:03:12 [kj]
kj has joined #dnt
16:03:16 [Zakim]
+ +1.510.501.aaqq
16:03:36 [Zakim]
+WileyS
16:03:46 [Zakim]
+??P39
16:03:47 [Chapell]
Chapell has joined #DNT
16:03:47 [JC]
JC has joined #DNT
16:03:52 [Chris_IAB]
just joined
16:03:55 [Zakim]
- +44.186.558.aamm
16:03:56 [Chris_IAB]
the call
16:03:58 [paulohm]
paulohm has joined #dnt
16:03:59 [Walter]
dsinger: Colloquy is a better IRC client for iDevices
16:04:04 [wseltzer]
zakim, who is on the call?
16:04:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Wendy, npdoty, Jeff, LynnJohnson, Susan_Israel, eberkower (muted), Fielding, dsinger, mecallahan, vinay?, [Mozilla], kulick, RichardWeaver, Thomas, Google, Carl,
16:04:07 [Zakim]
... james (muted), Rigo, Walter, Peder_Magee, dwainberg, hefferjr, JeffWilson, +1.650.595.aaii, schunter, Justin, Joanne, +1.646.666.aakk, JackHobaugh, +44.142.864.aann,
16:04:07 [Zakim]
... Chris_Pedigo, hwest, +1.972.664.aapp, +1.510.501.aaqq, WileyS, ??P39
16:04:07 [Zakim]
Susan_Israel has AmyColando
16:04:07 [Zakim]
[Mozilla] has sidstamm
16:04:07 [Zakim]
JackHobaugh has Marc
16:04:07 [Zakim]
Google has ifette
16:04:08 [npdoty]
Zakim, ??P39 is Chris_IAB
16:04:10 [Zakim]
+Chris_IAB; got it
16:04:16 [npdoty]
scribenick: npdoty
16:04:19 [Chapell]
zakim, aakk is chapell
16:04:19 [Zakim]
+chapell; got it
16:04:19 [npdoty]
chair: schunter
16:04:22 [npdoty]
Topic: Welcome
16:04:27 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:04:45 [Zakim]
+ +44.186.558.aarr
16:04:47 [npdoty]
schunter: have to follow our schedule today, as I have to catch a plane
16:04:54 [Zakim]
+ +1.303.492.aass
16:04:59 [npdoty]
... give an update, some announcements, reviewing some initial comments
16:05:06 [cOlsen]
cOlsen has joined #dnt
16:05:08 [npdoty]
Zakim, aapp is Brooks
16:05:08 [Zakim]
+Brooks; got it
16:05:13 [paulohm]
zakim, aass is me
16:05:13 [Zakim]
+paulohm; got it
16:05:15 [npdoty]
... update on chairing, introducing Jeff
16:05:40 [npdoty]
jeff: wrote to WG on August 28 on announcement of Peter's being named to NSA Review Group
16:05:49 [npdoty]
... recognized we needed to move quickly
16:05:51 [adrianba]
adrianba has joined #dnt
16:06:03 [Zakim]
+[FTC]
16:06:13 [npdoty]
... thanks to those inside and outside the working group for providing options
16:07:02 [npdoty]
... when I wrote on Aug 28, looking for someone knowledgeable of the group's work, someone who understands w3c process, understand how the community works together, so that they can form consensus
16:07:31 [Marc_]
Marc_ has joined #dnt
16:07:33 [npdoty]
... challenging to find people both with track record in the group and with a track record in building consensus
16:07:46 [npdoty]
... thought it best to add two new co-chairs, with Matthias continuing, so we'll have three
16:08:01 [npdoty]
... adding Justin Brookman, Center for Democracy and Technology, deeply involved with the WG for a long period of time
16:08:36 [npdoty]
... and Carl Cargill, Adobe, worked with him in W3C matters for a long time, formerly on the advisory board, Adobe's AC rep, great at saying okay guys and getting to a consensus
16:08:50 [npdoty]
... the three will be a fantastic team
16:09:03 [efelten]
efelten has joined #dnt
16:09:04 [npdoty]
... issues on the table, quite challenging
16:09:19 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.465.aatt
16:09:27 [npdoty]
... make sure all viewpoints will have an ability to be expressed, drive the group to creative solutions to find consensus
16:09:30 [Zakim]
+ +1.609.258.aauu
16:09:36 [npdoty]
... both Justin and Carl have reviewed the plan and are aligned with it
16:09:38 [efelten]
Zakim, aauu is me
16:09:38 [Zakim]
+efelten; got it
16:09:59 [npdoty]
... as a practical matter, it will take some time to get up to speed, so Matthias will continue to chair these meetings for the next few weeks
16:10:09 [npdoty]
... it will be a team working together on the entire set of deliverables for the WG
16:10:36 [jeff]
q?
16:10:37 [Chapell]
congrats to both Justin and Carl!
16:10:39 [npdoty]
... quite pleased with all the input that I received in terms of candidates for this position; hadn't expected to be able to find chairs within 3 weeks, but these are two excellent people
16:10:52 [Chapell]
Question - will Justin stay on as an editor?
16:10:56 [JC]
Congrats to both!
16:11:15 [Walter]
congrats and much wisdom to all involved
16:11:22 [npdoty]
cargill_: thank you, first of all
16:11:25 [Chapell]
q+
16:11:46 [npdoty]
... I've been working standards for about 30 years, good at consensus building
16:12:01 [npdoty]
... have been watching this group for a while, think most of the comments are positive
16:12:03 [justin]
Thanks all, and no I don't think that I can remain as an editor.
16:12:11 [dsinger]
Carl, welcome aboard!
16:12:17 [Chapell]
Thanks Justin
16:12:24 [Chapell]
-q
16:12:25 [dsinger]
Justin, a well-deserved promotion!
16:12:29 [npdoty]
... this is a technical meeting, technical specs can be outdated quickly, bring a sense of urgency
16:12:45 [npdoty]
... looking forward to finding out how to get consensus in the group; a challenge, but that's the fun
16:13:07 [npdoty]
... always available to talk standards until your arms fall off, I'd love to; easily available
16:13:37 [Kim_Smouter__ESOMAR_]
Kim_Smouter__ESOMAR_ has joined #dnt
16:14:07 [npdoty]
justin: you all know me over the last two years, feel like I've tried to do a good job of finding a middle ground where we can compromise, take all views into consideration; not a long-time standards/w3c person like carl, but want to work in good faith
16:14:25 [matt]
matt has joined #dnt
16:14:42 [npdoty]
... has been a long process, I still think it's worth doing and better than the alternatives and want to renew that effort
16:14:49 [npdoty]
... like Carl, always available
16:14:51 [npdoty]
q?
16:15:07 [wseltzer]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:15:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Wendy, npdoty, Jeff, LynnJohnson, Susan_Israel, eberkower (muted), Fielding, dsinger, mecallahan, vinay?, [Mozilla], kulick, RichardWeaver, Thomas, Google, Carl,
16:15:10 [Zakim]
... james (muted), Rigo, Walter, Peder_Magee, dwainberg, hefferjr, JeffWilson, +1.650.595.aaii, schunter, Justin, Joanne, chapell, JackHobaugh, +44.142.864.aann, Chris_Pedigo,
16:15:10 [Zakim]
... hwest, Brooks, +1.510.501.aaqq, WileyS, Chris_IAB, [Microsoft], +44.186.558.aarr, paulohm, [FTC], +1.650.465.aatt, efelten
16:15:10 [Zakim]
Susan_Israel has AmyColando
16:15:10 [Zakim]
[Mozilla] has sidstamm
16:15:10 [Zakim]
JackHobaugh has Marc
16:15:10 [Zakim]
Google has ifette
16:15:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.212.231.aavv
16:15:27 [dsinger]
q?
16:15:29 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.587.aaww
16:15:41 [npdoty]
Zakim, who is making noise?
16:15:44 [dsinger]
zakim, who is making noise?
16:15:53 [Zakim]
npdoty, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: schunter (9%), JackHobaugh (15%)
16:16:06 [Zakim]
dsinger, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: schunter (95%)
16:16:19 [matt]
212.231 is matt haies
16:16:24 [npdoty]
Topic: Plan
16:16:32 [npdoty]
schunter: made some changes to the plan based on feedback
16:16:35 [wseltzer]
zakim, aavv is matt
16:16:35 [Zakim]
+matt; got it
16:16:38 [Walter]
is it just me, or is Mattias breaking up a lot?
16:16:46 [npdoty]
... note that call for objections decision won't be made before a certain date
16:17:07 [npdoty]
... feedback from Shane, would close issues after sending an email to the list
16:17:09 [Brooks]
zakim, please mute Brooks
16:17:09 [Zakim]
Brooks should now be muted
16:17:11 [npdoty]
q?
16:17:23 [Zakim]
-Google
16:17:46 [npdoty]
schunter: if no comments on the poll, can start filling out the poll
16:17:51 [moneill2]
zakim, aarr is me
16:17:51 [Zakim]
+moneill2; got it
16:17:58 [npdoty]
... from my perspective, it's important for all people to fill out their data
16:18:11 [npdoty]
... really want to gather all the opinions, all the individual positions
16:18:35 [sidstamm]
I'm having trouble hearing all of what matthias says
16:18:38 [npdoty]
... poll has options, can indicate whether one is preferred
16:18:41 [wseltzer]
-> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/49311/tpwg-poll/ Poll
16:18:44 [jules_polonetsky]
jules_polonetsky has joined #DNT
16:19:02 [Chris_IAB]
q
16:19:04 [Chris_IAB]
q+
16:19:25 [npdoty]
ack Chris_IAB
16:19:45 [npdoty]
Chris_IAB: thanks schunter, congratulations I think to the new chairs, thanks for stepping up
16:20:07 [npdoty]
... trade organizations submitted comments by Friday deadline, didn't see any kind of response to those
16:20:52 [npdoty]
... put a lot of effort into it
16:21:19 [npdoty]
schunter: went through all your comments, some to make changes to the plan and some I forwarded to others (regarding FTC)
16:21:24 [susanisrael]
*can't hear Matthias well
16:21:28 [wseltzer]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2013Sep/0064.html Re: Feedback on Proposed Plan from IAB, DAA, DMA and NAI
16:21:32 [npdoty]
... also sent a response to the mailing list -- if you haven't received it?
16:21:33 [vinay]
I did
16:21:33 [JackHobaugh]
yes
16:21:36 [WileyS]
Yes
16:21:38 [johnsimpson]
johnsimpson has joined #dnt
16:21:58 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2013Sep/0064.html
16:22:13 [johnsimpson]
apologies, very bad las traffic
16:22:18 [justin]
I think schunter said that he did make changes in response to your email, ChrisIAB.
16:22:26 [johnsimpson]
that's LA traffic
16:22:28 [npdoty]
Chris_IAB: didn't see the email, but sounds like you didn't make significant changes
16:22:48 [npdoty]
jeff: Matthias did point out where he made changes, noted in the email
16:23:04 [Zakim]
+johnsimpson
16:23:07 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
16:23:07 [npdoty]
schunter: regarding item 9 on clear and sufficient deadlines on closing issues
16:23:20 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft.a] is me
16:23:20 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
16:23:29 [npdoty]
... updated requirements that issue closing must be announced in writing, and 14 days ahead of time to give time for feedback
16:23:53 [npdoty]
... regarding item 2, ensure that no definitive decisions on issues are made before end of the poll
16:24:11 [rvaneijk]
rvaneijk has joined #dnt
16:24:22 [npdoty]
... pushed out Calls for Objections (within Phase 2) that would close controversial issues, not before the end of the poll
16:24:49 [npdoty]
... regarding item 4, tried to explain the definition of consensus
16:25:24 [npdoty]
... in response to constraints on solutions to industry ones, tried to explain the multistakeholder approach, also important to get regulators and users on board
16:25:29 [Zakim]
+ +31.65.141.aaxx
16:25:40 [rvaneijk]
Zakim, aaxx is me
16:25:40 [Zakim]
+rvaneijk; got it
16:25:53 [npdoty]
... a 2-3 page email; directed some portions to w3c (regarding membership) and to ftc (regarding spokespeople)
16:26:22 [npdoty]
... I believe FTC rep's tend to identify who they're speaking for
16:26:40 [npdoty]
Chris_IAB: thanks for the overview, will look at email in more detail (at a privacy conference)
16:26:55 [npdoty]
Topic: How To
16:27:07 [npdoty]
schunter: nick sent an email regarding how to raise an issue, how to add new text
16:27:30 [Zakim]
-Jeff
16:27:38 [wseltzer]
-> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/49311/tpwg-poll/ Poll, now open
16:28:00 [amyc]
nick, audio is not great
16:28:06 [wseltzer]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2013Sep/0060.html logistics for gathering new change proposals
16:28:23 [amyc]
just a bit muffled
16:28:46 [wseltzer]
npdoty: if you have a new change proposal, send a message to the list describing the proposal and rationale
16:28:47 [Zakim]
-JeffWilson
16:28:50 [Zakim]
+ +1.646.783.aayy
16:29:16 [Zakim]
+BerinSzoka
16:29:18 [wseltzer]
... w3c team will gather proposals on the wiki and tracker
16:29:41 [wseltzer]
... key during phase 1, make sure we have all issues entered with change proposals for each.
16:29:52 [dsinger]
Can I suggest we build a 'dashboard' on the wiki, with the process there, the links to the CPs, Issues, and so on? "This is how to work in the TPWG" kind of page, so we are all, um, on the same page?
16:30:01 [dsinger]
q+
16:30:08 [wseltzer]
... additionally, if we have issues without change proposals, can put them on vNext
16:30:15 [npdoty]
ack dsinger
16:30:42 [kulick]
+1
16:31:01 [Zakim]
-chapell
16:31:39 [adrianba]
here is the HTML WG page (not many issues left on it now): http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html
16:31:41 [npdoty]
action: doty to add wiki page regarding how-to, dashboard on our process for issues/change proposals
16:31:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-429 - Add wiki page regarding how-to, dashboard on our process for issues/change proposals [on Nick Doty - due 2013-09-25].
16:32:03 [npdoty]
schunter: wseltzer also created a wiki page as a way to gather non-normative text
16:32:06 [wseltzer]
-> http://www.w3.org/wiki/Privacy/TPWG/Non-Normative_Text Wiki for non-normative text
16:32:23 [npdoty]
... once we agree on the normative text, have the non-normative text that we can gather
16:32:28 [npdoty]
... any questions on the how to?
16:32:31 [npdoty]
q?
16:33:19 [npdoty]
Topic: Comments about updating drafts
16:33:38 [npdoty]
schunter: received some editorial comments from vinay, which I'll ask him to forward to the list
16:33:45 [Zakim]
- +1.650.465.aatt
16:33:54 [npdoty]
... would be nice to quickly get some comments, ask for them by Friday, September 20th
16:34:38 [npdoty]
npd: have some changes regarding decisions of the group that may not be reflected
16:34:55 [npdoty]
... not sure we need a new WD on such short notice
16:35:19 [npdoty]
schunter: would publish another snapshot at the beginning of October (as described in the plan)
16:35:33 [npdoty]
rigo: have some comments, will send to editors
16:35:44 [npdoty]
schunter: anything else on this agendum?
16:35:56 [npdoty]
Topic: New Issues
16:36:21 [npdoty]
schunter: what I would like to do for future calls is that when we've opened a new issue, get on stage to describe the new issue and give an explanation
16:36:41 [WileyS]
Agenda Item #7 - could you please list in IRC?
16:37:09 [kulick]
yes, please. i dont see #7 in the agenda
16:37:12 [WileyS]
We're preparing for change request submissions prior to the Oct deadline
16:37:14 [npdoty]
npd: no new issues yet, perhaps because I just sent around logistics
16:37:20 [WileyS]
+q
16:37:24 [WileyS]
-q
16:37:52 [WileyS]
Item #7 - Discussion of new open items
16:37:54 [WileyS]
No comment
16:38:00 [dsinger]
agreed, some explanation/discussion while the author has it 'hot in mind' is good. maybe we'll even find a quick consensus resolution :-)
16:38:19 [npdoty]
schunter: useful to have more explanation
16:38:40 [npdoty]
schunter: given Justin's new role as chair, we'll be looking for editorial support on the Compliance document
16:38:42 [mecallahan_]
mecallahan_ has joined #dnt
16:38:49 [npdoty]
... feel free to send suggestions to us
16:38:54 [npdoty]
... any other questions or comments?
16:39:06 [wseltzer]
q?
16:39:23 [Zakim]
-hwest
16:39:25 [WileyS]
Reminder: Poll opens today
16:39:26 [npdoty]
schunter: thanks a lot everybody
16:39:38 [npdoty]
... can get back to filling out the poll; raising issues and change proposals
16:40:01 [npdoty]
... important that we spend those two weeks making sure we have the issues and the necessary change proposals that would provide a good solution to address the issue
16:40:26 [npdoty]
... ideally each person in the group should be able to go through the list and find at least one change proposal you can live; that is, to read through your preferred version of the document
16:40:34 [npdoty]
... then we make sure we all have the same preferred version
16:40:40 [Zakim]
- +1.510.501.aaqq
16:40:41 [npdoty]
... a quick call, we'll meet again next week
16:40:41 [Zakim]
-Rigo
16:40:43 [Zakim]
-adrianba
16:40:44 [Zakim]
-Thomas
16:40:44 [npdoty]
... adjourned.
16:40:45 [Zakim]
-Chris_Pedigo
16:40:45 [Zakim]
-vinay?
16:40:47 [Zakim]
- +1.202.587.aaww
16:40:47 [Zakim]
-efelten
16:40:47 [Zakim]
-Joanne
16:40:48 [Zakim]
-Justin
16:40:48 [Zakim]
- +1.650.595.aaii
16:40:49 [Zakim]
-kulick
16:40:49 [Zakim]
-Brooks
16:40:49 [Zakim]
-dwainberg
16:40:50 [Zakim]
-mecallahan
16:40:50 [Zakim]
-matt
16:40:51 [Zakim]
- +44.142.864.aann
16:40:51 [Zakim]
-Chris_IAB
16:40:52 [Zakim]
-james
16:40:52 [Zakim]
-Wendy
16:40:52 [Zakim]
-RichardWeaver
16:40:53 [Zakim]
-schunter
16:40:53 [Zakim]
-johnsimpson
16:40:53 [Zakim]
-Walter
16:40:55 [Zakim]
-JackHobaugh
16:40:55 [Zakim]
-dsinger
16:40:55 [Zakim]
-[FTC]
16:40:56 [Zakim]
-moneill2
16:40:56 [Zakim]
-Peder_Magee
16:40:56 [Zakim]
-Susan_Israel
16:40:56 [Zakim]
-WileyS
16:40:56 [jeff]
jeff has joined #dnt
16:40:57 [Zakim]
-eberkower
16:40:57 [Zakim]
-Carl
16:40:57 [Zakim]
-LynnJohnson
16:40:58 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
16:40:58 [Zakim]
-hefferjr
16:40:58 [JackHobaugh]
JackHobaugh has left #dnt
16:41:00 [Zakim]
- +1.646.783.aayy
16:41:00 [Zakim]
-npdoty
16:41:01 [npdoty]
Zakim, list attendees
16:41:02 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been npdoty, Wendy, Jeff, +1.203.563.aaaa, +1.646.654.aabb, Fielding, AmyColando, Carl, +1.202.639.aacc, dsinger, LynnJohnson, eberkower,
16:41:02 [Zakim]
... mecallahan, +1.202.347.aadd, sidstamm, Rigo, +1.408.836.aaee, Thomas, RichardWeaver, +1.650.214.aaff, +1.949.483.aagg, kulick, ifette, Peder_Magee, vinay?, JeffWilson,
16:41:06 [Zakim]
... hefferjr, +1.646.845.aahh, Walter, +1.650.595.aaii, +49.172.147.aajj, james, Justin, Joanne, +1.646.666.aakk, +1.202.347.aall, schunter, +44.186.558.aamm, +44.142.864.aann,
16:41:06 [Zakim]
... dwainberg, Chris_Pedigo, +1.202.346.aaoo, +1.972.664.aapp, hwest, Marc, +1.510.501.aaqq, WileyS, Chris_IAB, chapell, [Microsoft], +44.186.558.aarr, +1.303.492.aass, Brooks,
16:41:11 [Zakim]
... paulohm, [FTC], +1.650.465.aatt, +1.609.258.aauu, efelten, +1.212.231.aavv, +1.202.587.aaww, matt, moneill2, johnsimpson, adrianba, +31.65.141.aaxx, rvaneijk, +1.646.783.aayy,
16:41:11 [Zakim]
... BerinSzoka
16:41:14 [Zakim]
-rvaneijk
16:41:16 [Zakim]
-[Mozilla]
16:41:18 [npdoty]
rrsagent, please draft the minutes
16:41:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/09/18-dnt-minutes.html npdoty
16:41:37 [npdoty]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:44:22 [Zakim]
-Fielding
16:48:16 [Zakim]
-BerinSzoka
17:07:54 [schunter]
schunter has joined #dnt
17:55:36 [Zakim]
-paulohm
17:55:37 [Zakim]
T&S_Track(dnt)12:00PM has ended
17:55:37 [Zakim]
Attendees were npdoty, Wendy, Jeff, +1.203.563.aaaa, +1.646.654.aabb, Fielding, AmyColando, Carl, +1.202.639.aacc, dsinger, LynnJohnson, eberkower, mecallahan, +1.202.347.aadd,
17:55:37 [Zakim]
... sidstamm, Rigo, +1.408.836.aaee, Thomas, RichardWeaver, +1.650.214.aaff, +1.949.483.aagg, kulick, ifette, Peder_Magee, vinay?, JeffWilson, hefferjr, +1.646.845.aahh, Walter,
17:55:38 [Zakim]
... +1.650.595.aaii, +49.172.147.aajj, james, Justin, Joanne, +1.646.666.aakk, +1.202.347.aall, schunter, +44.186.558.aamm, +44.142.864.aann, dwainberg, Chris_Pedigo,
17:55:38 [Zakim]
... +1.202.346.aaoo, +1.972.664.aapp, hwest, Marc, +1.510.501.aaqq, WileyS, Chris_IAB, chapell, [Microsoft], +44.186.558.aarr, +1.303.492.aass, Brooks, paulohm, [FTC],
17:55:41 [Zakim]
... +1.650.465.aatt, +1.609.258.aauu, efelten, +1.212.231.aavv, +1.202.587.aaww, matt, moneill2, johnsimpson, adrianba, +31.65.141.aaxx, rvaneijk, +1.646.783.aayy, BerinSzoka
19:10:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #dnt
20:54:22 [schunter]
schunter has joined #dnt
20:59:27 [schunter]
schunter has joined #dnt
21:31:13 [ifette]
ifette has joined #dnt
23:37:37 [npdoty]
rrsagent, bye
23:37:37 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2013/09/18-dnt-actions.rdf :
23:37:37 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: doty to add wiki page regarding how-to, dashboard on our process for issues/change proposals [1]
23:37:37 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/09/18-dnt-irc#T16-31-41