W3C

- DRAFT -

User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

22 Aug 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Jim_Allan, Eric, Jeanne, +1.425.883.aaaa, Kelly, Kim_Patch
Regrets
greg, jan
Chair
jimAllan, KellyFord
Scribe
Kford, allanj, kford_

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 22 August 2013

<jeanne> 8294323 (UAWGF2F)

<kford_> Scribe: Kford

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ATAG2-10April2012PublicWD-Tests

F2F

<allanj> comments needing proposals - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2013JulSep/0036.html

<kford_> JS: Going over the syntax/frmat that will be used for test development.

<allanj> testing template - http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2013/ATAG2-10April2012PublicWD-Tests

<jeanne> Test Number, Test Assertion (the specific part of the SC you are testing), the steps to follow to do the test. Links to any resource documents needed. End with an If condition for PASS or FAIL.

<kford_> JS: Each item will need a test assertion. It needs to be explicit about what that item is testing for.

<kford_> JA: Goal for Tuesday is to finish all comments.

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2013/commentsWD.html

<kford_> JA: Goes over the remaining comment work we have left.

Action-849 (5 min) Kim's Proposal

<jeanne> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2013JulSep/0007.html

<kford_> JA going over details from comments.

<kford_> EH: If someone asks you are you UAAG compliant, and I say yes, what am I saying?

<jeanne> JS: We partially accepted the comment - we did not change "lowest/highest" to stay consistent with WCAG. But we did accept the suggestion to put "lowest" "highest" in the Introduction where suggested.

<kford_> EH: How does what we are talking about meet with other documents.

<allanj> http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/UAAG20/#intro-conf-levels

<kford_> JS and KP to look at 13, 14, 15 and 16 when making edits.

<jeanne> ACTION: jeanne to work with Kim to look at EO13, 14, 15 and 16 when making edits for Action 849 and 856. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/22-ua-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-868 - Work with kim to look at eo13, 14, 15 and 16 when making edits for action 849 and 856. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2013-08-29].

<kford_> JA: This is part of 1.3.1

<allanj> 1.3.1 Highlighted Items: The user can specify that the following classes be highlighted so that each is uniquely distinguished: (Level A) (a) selection (b) active keyboard focus (indicated by focus cursors and/or text cursors) (c) recognized enabled input elements (distinguished from disabled elements) (d) elements with alternative content (e) recently visited links

<allanj> discussion of hover and touch/hold on touch screen

<allanj> tooltips popup if they are turned on

<allanj> js: include hover on 1.3.1

<allanj> kp: include hover on 1.3.1

<allanj> if we add hover, then need to expand implementing, need a proposal

<jeanne> ACTION: jeanne and kim to add hover to 1.3.1 and include examples in the IER where hover is and is not available to the OS. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/22-ua-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-869 - And kim to add hover to 1.3.1 and include examples in the ier where hover is and is not available to the os. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2013-08-29].

agenda+ Survey from 4 July start on question JR47 5.1.1 https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20130702/

<allanj> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20130702/results#xq16

<allanj> for comment JR47

<kford_> JA going over the survey.

<jeanne> Proposal was not accepted because the group felt it was too early to remove SC for lack of implementations.

<allanj> for OCAD47

OCAD49 on 5.1.4

<allanj> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/36791/20130702/results#xq17

<kford_> JA: Looking at 5.1.4

<kford_> JA going over results.

<kford_> JS: I like GL's idea

<kford_> JA: So are you saying we should reword this?

<kford_> JA: I think I agree with JAN that we could remove it.

<kford_> I could live with removing

<kford_> JA asks again if any objections to removing.

<kford_> None heard.

<kford_> Resolved: to remove 5.1.1.4

<kford_> Resolution: group agrees to remove 5.1.1.4

<allanj> SURVEY COMPLETE!!!

<kford_> Wow, survey took a long time.

<allanj> Yo, get back on the call

<jeanne> can Eric and Kim dial back in? We forgot something important

charter revision

<allanj> scribe: allanj

<kford_> JS going over the charter proposals.

scribe kford_

<scribe> scribe: kford_

<allanj> Maintain Implementing UAAG 2.0 post-Recommendation with additional examples and resources to include user agents on a wide range of devices, technologies and industries, including mobile web, digital publishing, TV, automotive, and video.

End result is that we would maintain our implamenting post CR to cover a range of technologies.

Does someone have that text Jeanne read we can paste?

Group talking about details of how to keep a document like this current.

<allanj> +1 to charter revision proposal

<jeanne> +1

<allanj> kim +1

Resolved: UAAG agrees that charter can be expanded to reflect changes as outlined by JS.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: jeanne and kim to add hover to 1.3.1 and include examples in the IER where hover is and is not available to the OS. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/22-ua-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: jeanne to work with Kim to look at EO13, 14, 15 and 16 when making edits for Action 849 and 856. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/22-ua-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-08-22 18:17:14 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Kford
Found Scribe: allanj
Inferring ScribeNick: allanj
Found Scribe: kford_
Inferring ScribeNick: kford_
Scribes: Kford, allanj, kford_
ScribeNicks: allanj, kford_
Default Present: Jim_Allan, Eric, Jeanne, +1.425.883.aaaa, Kelly, Kim_Patch
Present: Jim_Allan Eric Jeanne +1.425.883.aaaa Kelly Kim_Patch
Regrets: greg jan
Found Date: 22 Aug 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/08/22-ua-minutes.html
People with action items: jeanne kim

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]