IRC log of tt on 2013-08-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:02:59 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tt
14:02:59 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-irc
14:03:01 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:03:03 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be TTML
14:03:03 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SYMM_TTWG()10:00AM scheduled to start 3 minutes ago
14:03:04 [trackbot]
Meeting: Timed Text Working Group Teleconference
14:03:04 [trackbot]
Date: 08 August 2013
14:03:38 [plh]
Previous minuts: http://www.w3.org/2013/07/25-tt-minutes.html
14:03:46 [plh]
s/minuts/minutes/
14:05:18 [plh]
Present+ Sean
14:05:22 [plh]
Present+ Thierry
14:05:24 [nigel]
zakim, who is talking?
14:05:29 [plh]
Present+ Nigel
14:05:33 [plh]
Present+ Mike
14:05:34 [Zakim]
nigel, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sean (9%), ??P1 (4%), ??P2 (9%)
14:05:36 [plh]
Present+ Plh
14:05:38 [plh]
scribe: plh
14:06:05 [plh]
zakim, p2 is Nigel
14:06:05 [Zakim]
sorry, plh, I do not recognize a party named 'p2'
14:06:06 [nigel]
zakim, i am ??p2
14:06:07 [Zakim]
+nigel; got it
14:06:13 [plh]
zakim, ??p1 is Thierry
14:06:13 [Zakim]
+Thierry; got it
14:06:23 [tmichel]
z
14:06:32 [plh]
Topic: Progress on drafting ttml2
14:06:38 [plh]
Sean: let's skip it that
14:06:45 [plh]
Topic: Profile Submission
14:06:51 [plh]
Sean: regrets from Pierre
14:06:58 [plh]
Regrets: Pierre
14:07:07 [plh]
Topic: TV IG input
14:07:11 [plh]
also skipped
14:07:20 [plh]
Topic: Issue 259
14:07:28 [plh]
issue-259?
14:07:28 [trackbot]
ISSUE-259 -- Define "closest" -- raised
14:07:28 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/259
14:07:39 [plh]
Nigel: cfstt specify the round up rules
14:07:57 [plh]
... so it would be sensible to choose that rule, unless there are others
14:08:18 [plh]
Sean: Glenn has an action to go through that
14:08:40 [plh]
Topic: Issue 260
14:08:44 [plh]
Issue-260?
14:08:44 [trackbot]
ISSUE-260 -- When agent is not @type 'character', then should prohibit actor child. -- raised
14:08:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/260
14:08:58 [plh]
Nigel: sent a suggestion
14:09:10 [plh]
--> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Aug/0010.html
14:09:15 [plh]
Topic: 261
14:09:20 [plh]
Issue-261?
14:09:20 [trackbot]
ISSUE-261 -- signaling docoument profile conformance is separate from decoder presentation requirements -- raised
14:09:20 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/261
14:10:02 [plh]
Mike: let's differ one meeting, hoping for some input
14:11:44 [mijordan]
mijordan has joined #tt
14:12:26 [tmichel]
ISSUE-263 ?
14:12:26 [trackbot]
ISSUE-263 -- profile feature set may not match intended feature constraints -- raised
14:12:26 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263
14:12:36 [tmichel]
still open
14:12:40 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.347.aaaa
14:13:16 [mijordan]
Zakim, +1.617.347.aaaa is mijordan
14:13:16 [Zakim]
+mijordan; got it
14:13:21 [tmichel]
ISSUE-264 ?
14:13:21 [trackbot]
ISSUE-264 -- What XML entities are valid in TTML canonical syntax -- open
14:13:21 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/264
14:13:52 [tmichel]
sill open Glenn and Sean point of view differ here. Needs more discussion
14:15:56 [plh]
issue-265?
14:15:56 [trackbot]
ISSUE-265 -- Some bad tests -- raised
14:15:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/265
14:16:41 [plh]
Sean: we should do a pass at the test suite indeed
14:17:13 [tmichel]
Should have new tests for the new stuff (like dynamic flow)
14:18:21 [tmichel]
should run the test suite in Glenn's verifier
14:18:39 [tmichel]
Let wait for some people to volunteer here.
14:19:43 [tmichel]
plh TTML2 review ends on august 6th ... only two companies answered ...
14:19:54 [tmichel]
Should extent by a week.
14:20:34 [tmichel]
ACTION:plh to send a reminder for review of TTML1 second edition
14:21:15 [tmichel]
plh: have a review until August 22 nd
14:21:29 [plh]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/default/ttml10/spec/ttml-changes.html#change-history-per-to-rec-23
14:21:42 [tmichel]
Last week of August we can't publish. So may publish early sept.
14:22:58 [tmichel]
s/TTML2/TTML1 second edition
14:23:53 [plh]
http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/sites/default/files/files/meetings/docs/w13651.
14:23:53 [plh]
docx
14:24:01 [plh]
http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/sites/default/files/files/meetings/docs/w13651.docx
14:24:45 [tmichel]
ACTION-88 ?
14:24:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-88 -- Philippe Le H├ęgaret to make sure the TTML media type is properly registered for Issue-175. -- due 2013-07-31 -- OPEN
14:24:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/88
14:25:18 [plh]
I'll ping the IESG
14:25:55 [plh]
issue-179?
14:25:55 [trackbot]
ISSUE-179 -- Interpreting the pixel measure -- open
14:25:55 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/179
14:26:56 [plh]
action-141?
14:26:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-141 -- Sean Hayes to call for Action to identify discrepancies in TTML 1.0 on different profiles. -- due 2013-02-14 -- OPEN
14:26:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/141
14:27:15 [plh]
Sean thinking this one needs to be folded in a more general plan about feature cleanup
14:27:51 [plh]
Nigel: not sure what the overall plan.
14:28:03 [plh]
Sean: yes, we'll schedule a profile call
14:28:58 [plh]
... and find out how they're used
14:29:10 [plh]
... so folks needs to do their homework on profile first
14:30:00 [plh]
action-166?
14:30:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-166 -- Mike Dolan to open issue for 1.1 regarding encodings -- due 2013-06-27 -- OPEN
14:30:00 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/166
14:30:55 [plh]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Jun/0129.html
14:31:49 [plh]
issue-197?
14:31:49 [trackbot]
ISSUE-197 -- charset/encoding unconstrained -- closed
14:31:49 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/197
14:32:40 [plh]
action-174?
14:32:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-174 -- Mike Dolan to open issue or send text for opening issue on adding ability for document to declare what profile it adheres to (from a document profile compliance perspective) -- due 2013-07-18 -- OPEN
14:32:40 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/174
14:33:13 [plh]
Mike: we have a handfull of those...
14:33:33 [plh]
Sean: I'll look into that then
14:34:22 [plh]
action-182?
14:34:22 [trackbot]
ACTION-182 -- Thierry Michel to create ttml2 and ttml1 short names, to change tracker product labels as needed -- due 2013-07-25 -- OPEN
14:34:22 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/182
14:34:41 [plh]
Thierry: we need to use http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml1
14:35:20 [plh]
... I did some updates in the tracker
14:35:58 [plh]
Sean: we need TTML1, TTML2, and TTML.vnext
14:36:18 [plh]
... so you need to create TTML.vnext
14:36:22 [plh]
Thierry: ok
14:36:36 [plh]
close action-182
14:36:36 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-182 Create ttml2 and ttml1 short names, to change tracker product labels as needed.
14:36:52 [plh]
action-184?
14:36:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-184 -- Thierry Michel to check with Angel if Monday/Friday is ok for TPAC 2013 -- due 2013-08-01 -- OPEN
14:36:52 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/184
14:37:06 [plh]
Thierry: Angel agreed that we can meet on Monday and Friday
14:37:15 [plh]
Sean: we don't need a reminder
14:37:45 [plh]
plh: might be good to have a wiki page for the f2f
14:38:00 [plh]
ACTION: Thierry will create a wiki for the face-to-face meeting
14:38:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-190 - Will create a wiki for the face-to-face meeting [on Thierry Michel - due 2013-08-15].
14:38:10 [plh]
Sean: don't forget to get a visa
14:38:46 [tmichel]
plh: Charter update.
14:39:40 [tmichel]
needs review from the CG.
14:40:23 [tmichel]
have all the issues captured. Maybe should have an Action item for it
14:42:27 [plh]
regrets from me for next week
14:42:32 [tmichel]
regrets for me too next week
14:42:32 [Zakim]
-mijordan
14:42:34 [Zakim]
-nigel
14:42:34 [Zakim]
-Plh
14:42:35 [Zakim]
-mike
14:42:40 [Zakim]
-Sean
14:43:10 [tmichel]
oops regrets for me the following week ...
14:43:33 [tmichel]
rssagent, draft minutes
14:43:56 [tmichel]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:43:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-minutes.html tmichel
16:05:00 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, Thierry, in SYMM_TTWG()10:00AM
16:05:02 [Zakim]
SYMM_TTWG()10:00AM has ended
16:05:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were Sean, mike, Plh, nigel, Thierry, mijordan
16:05:26 [plh]
zakim ,bye
16:05:29 [plh]
zakim, bye
16:05:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tt
16:05:35 [plh]
rrsagent, bye
16:05:35 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-actions.rdf :
16:05:35 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: plh to send a reminder for review of TTML1 second edition [1]
16:05:35 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-irc#T14-20-34
16:05:35 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Thierry will create a wiki for the face-to-face meeting [2]
16:05:35 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-irc#T14-38-00