W3C

- DRAFT -

Web and TV Interest Group Teleconference

24 Jul 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Regrets
Chair
Bin_Hu
Scribe
olivier

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 24 July 2013

<scribe> Scribe: olivier

Bin: convening meeting
... we will continue discussing the use cases and deriving requirements, finishing work from our last teleconference
... we finished 7 use cases last time

(Minutes of meeting - 2013-07-10 : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-and-tv/2013Jul/0010.html)

giuseppep: suggests going through actions each time at beginning of call

tracker -> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/

summary of action items -> http://www.w3.org/2013/07/10-webtv-minutes.html#ActionSummary

<giuseppep> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/products/7

Bin reviews ACTION-118 http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/actions/118

giuseppep: suggesting closing this action

ACTION-118 CLOSED

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-118 Share summary of the work of HNTF to APIs TF, suggest which current use cases have already been covered by past TFs and passed on to WGs.

Bin: no other open AI in the tracker list
... should we ask group for approval of minutes?

giuseppep: it depends. we can choose whether to send to public list and ask people to correct if needed
... or we can send to the member list only and ask for approva

Bin_Hu: I am happy sticking to the current way
... send to public list and ask for any correction

+1

walk through Use Cases, derive Requirements

Bin_Hu: let's continue to work on those use cases
... 2 download UCs have just been consolidated. UC8 and UC9 http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Use_Cases
... reviews Use Case 8 - Download and Go

<Geun-Hyung_Kim> I am sorry,

<Geun-Hyung_Kim> My call may make a noise.

Bin_Hu: the requirement is already summarized
... download, content protection, (local, offline) storage, playback

[no comment]

giuseppep: will have to check for consistency of style when we publish these

olivier: yes, didn't do that yet since we are discussing style for requirements. Will have to do so when we merge the requirements indeed

<Geun-Hyung_Kim> yes

<Geun-Hyung_Kim> I have mute my call.

Bin_Hu: reviewing Use Case Nine – Watch and Record

Cyril: wondering why we would want local storage vs cloud DVR?
... or would it be in addition to a form of remote PVR?

Bin_Hu: good question, I think this tries to address both

giuseppep: "cloud PVR" is probably a different Use Case altogether
... matbe worth adding

CyrilRa: in the case of Use Cases 8 and 9, I suspect content protection requirement would be higher
... would include duration, expiration etc

olivier: I think the requirement from "offline" content protection is different from the "online" content protection, which is what's usually addressed

<scribe> ACTION: olivier to outline a requirement for offline content protection requirement based on UC8 and UC9 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-122 - Outline a requirement for offline content protection requirement based on UC8 and UC9 [on Olivier Thereaux - due 2013-07-31].

Bin_Hu: suggest a quick look at historical Use Cases
... let's see if we can derive new requirements or close them

Terminal Capability Use Cases -> http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Terminal

Bin_Hu: looking at use case 1 "Channel"

<giuseppep> q'

giuseppep: I think this is basically UC6 and 7
... if we agree that this is the case, I do have a few comments on UC6/7

[no objection]

RESOLUTION: Terminal UC1 is similar to Media APIs UC 6/7

giuseppep: comment on UC6/7
... use case mentions set top box
... but in general can be any kind of device with a tuner
... doesn't matter from the API's point of view
... use case seems too cable-TV specific
... suggest making it more generic

+1

<scribe> ACTION: giuseppep to propose change to UC6/7 to make it more generic [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Error finding 'giuseppep'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/users>.

<scribe> ACTION: giuseppe to propose change to UC6/7 to make it more generic [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-123 - Propose change to UC6/7 to make it more generic [on Giuseppe Pascale - due 2013-07-31].

Bin_Hu: reviewing last Terminal Use Case - TV Application
... comments?

giuseppep: problem with the term "installed"
... no need to mention it
... unless it is the actual focus of the UC
... use case is not very generic
... maybe UC7 could be split
... would wait for the author to comment

Bin_Hu: we can seek author's clarification for this UC and see if author agrees the essence of the requirement has already been captured

<scribe> ACTION: Sung Hei Kim to confirm whether Terminal Use Case on TV Applications are already covered in current UC document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-124 - Hei Kim to confirm whether Terminal Use Case on TV Applications are already covered in current UC document [on Sung Hei Kim - due 2013-07-31].

Bin_Hu: reviewing http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/Media_APIs/Metadata_Formats
... should ay of this be migrated

giuseppep: haven't seen any use case related to metadata through, should there be?

Bin_Hu: I agree

giuseppep: I assumed there were metadata-related use cases

<Sheau> Sorry, I was held up and couldn't join earlier.

giuseppep: there are some metadata-related bits in current use cases, e.g. EPG metadata
... I can suggest some UCs

<scribe> ACTION: giuseppep to draft use cases related to metadata [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot> Error finding 'giuseppep'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/users>.

<scribe> ACTION: giuseppe to draft use cases related to metadata [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action06]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-125 - Draft use cases related to metadata [on Giuseppe Pascale - due 2013-07-31].

Bin_Hu: also agree with Olivier that we can keep the list as it is, as a living reference
... and change the link from the main area of the wiki

<scribe> ACTION: Olivier to edit media apis wiki, change intro to the metadata reference list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action07]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-126 - Edit media apis wiki, change intro to the metadata reference list [on Olivier Thereaux - due 2013-07-31].

<giuseppep> olivier: not sure if we have enough UC and req. about content syncronization

<giuseppep> ... do we need to add more to what we have?

<scribe> ACTION: Sheau to review use cases and requirements document, see whether there is any need for more use cases related to content sync [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action08]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-127 - Review use cases and requirements document, see whether there is any need for more use cases related to content sync [on Sheau Ng - due 2013-07-31].

giuseppep: given that this is vacation period, we should probably give people time to review the current work before finalizing it
... I suggest we give people guidelines on how to send feedback
... maybe make sure people send one e-mail per UC
... se we have clear e-mail threads

Sheau: I also assume that when we move to requirement phase, that we should have a table
... that may help us with completeness
... should be manageable in a small group
... a visual cross-reference of all requirements against use cases

<scribe> ACTION: Sheau to draft table cross-referencing use cases and requirements [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action09]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-128 - Draft table cross-referencing use cases and requirements [on Sheau Ng - due 2013-07-31].

<giuseppep> giuseppe you can probably use a google doc, that easy to share

<scribe> ACTION: Bin to migrate requirements from UC 8 and 9 into requirements document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action10]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-129 - Migrate requirements from UC 8 and 9 into requirements document [on Bin Hu - due 2013-07-31].

there is an example of use cases / requirements cross ref table towards the bottom of this page : https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/b409a1ffc600/reqs/Overview.html

giuseppep: I can help with creating the table in google docs so everyone can contribute

[discussion on whether to adjourn, or whether there are other topics]

Group logistics and next steps

giuseppep: wondering if the teleconference arrangement works, seeing as not many people join the call and many need to drop after 60 minutes
... also wondering if we want to set milestones
... maybe aim to finish a first package for TPAC

[the idea gets some support]

giuseppep: then we should set a deadline on accepting use cases

Sheau_: is the idea of sync between browser and non-browser out of scope?

giuseppep: doesn't seem out of scope for me

Sheau_: then I'd like to reserve time to work on a UC on this topic

giuseppep: if we want to be done by TPAC, a deadline for Use Cases should be around September

<scribe> ACTION: giuseppe to suggest timeline for Media APIs next step [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action11]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-130 - Suggest timeline for Media APIs next steps [on Giuseppe Pascale - due 2013-07-31].

[ADJOURNED]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Bin to migrate requirements from UC 8 and 9 into requirements document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action10]
[NEW] ACTION: giuseppe to draft use cases related to metadata [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: giuseppe to propose change to UC6/7 to make it more generic [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: giuseppe to suggest timeline for Media APIs next step [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action11]
[NEW] ACTION: giuseppep to draft use cases related to metadata [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: giuseppep to propose change to UC6/7 to make it more generic [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Olivier to edit media apis wiki, change intro to the metadata reference list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action07]
[NEW] ACTION: olivier to outline a requirement for offline content protection requirement based on UC8 and UC9 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Sheau to draft table cross-referencing use cases and requirements [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action09]
[NEW] ACTION: Sheau to review use cases and requirements document, see whether there is any need for more use cases related to content sync [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action08]
[NEW] ACTION: Sung Hei Kim to confirm whether Terminal Use Case on TV Applications are already covered in current UC document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html#action04]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-07-24 14:11:38 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/(local)/(local, offline)/
Succeeded: s/DVR/PVR/
Succeeded: s/step/steps/
Found Scribe: olivier
Inferring ScribeNick: olivier

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Bin Bin_Hu Cyril CyrilRa CyrilRa_ Geun-Hyung_Kim IPcaller Sheau Sheau_ Thomas_Bause_Mason aaaa aabb aacc giuseppep glenn joined olivier sangwhan timeless trackbot webtv
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Found Date: 24 Jul 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/07/24-webtv-minutes.html
People with action items: bin giuseppe giuseppep hei kim olivier sheau sung

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]