IRC log of rd on 2013-06-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:29:30 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
13:29:30 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/06/12-rd-irc
13:29:32 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:29:34 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:29:34 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
13:29:35 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:29:35 [trackbot]
Date: 12 June 2013
13:29:50 [shadi]
zakim, this is rdwg
13:29:50 [Zakim]
shadi, I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM in the schedule but not yet started. Perhaps you mean "this will be rdwg".
13:30:00 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:30:00 [Zakim]
apparently WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has ended, shadi
13:30:01 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, annika, nonge, shadi, Mate1, Zakim, trackbot
13:30:21 [sharper]
sharper has joined #rd
13:30:56 [Yehya]
Yehya has joined #rd
13:31:00 [sharper]
trackbot, start meeting
13:31:00 [sharper]
zakim, please clear the agenda
13:31:00 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
13:31:02 [Zakim]
WAI_RDWG()9:30AM has now started
13:31:02 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:31:04 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
13:31:04 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()9:30AM scheduled to start now
13:31:05 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
13:31:05 [trackbot]
Date: 12 June 2013
13:31:12 [sharper]
Chair: Harper_Simon
13:31:13 [sharper]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments) [sharper]
13:31:13 [sharper]
Agenda+ Mobile W3C Note
13:31:13 [sharper]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/47076/mobile-public-release/results (5m)
13:31:14 [sharper]
[sharper]
13:31:14 [sharper]
Agenda+ Easy to Read W3C Note
13:31:15 [sharper]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/47076/E2R-Draft/results (5m) [klaus]
13:31:15 [sharper]
Agenda+ Text Customisation W3C Note Status (5m) [shawn/david]
13:31:15 [sharper]
Agenda+ New RDWG Charter (10m) [sharper]
13:31:16 [sharper]
Agenda+ Charter Deliverables - Leads [sharper]
13:31:16 [sharper]
Agenda+ Smart / Haptic Plans (10m) [markku]
13:31:16 [sharper]
Agenda+ Issues and Actions (Standing Item):
13:31:16 [sharper]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/ [sharper]
13:31:17 [sharper]
Agenda+ Any Other Business (Standing Item) [sharper]
13:31:18 [sharper]
zakim, save agenda
13:31:23 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 1
13:31:25 [Zakim]
ok, sharper, the agenda has been written to http://www.w3.org/2013/06/12-rd-agenda.rdf
13:31:27 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
13:32:48 [markel]
markel has joined #rd
13:34:04 [sharper]
regrets+ Peter, Silvia, Justine, David, Giorgio
13:34:32 [sharper]
- <http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/scribes>
13:35:13 [annika]
scribe: annika
13:35:25 [annika]
zakim, mute me
13:35:25 [Zakim]
sorry, annika, I don't know what conference this is
13:35:53 [shadi]
zakim, this is rdwg
13:35:53 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; that matches WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
13:36:06 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:36:06 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
13:36:26 [shadi]
zakim, this is rdwg
13:36:26 [Zakim]
shadi, this was already WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
13:36:27 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; that matches WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
13:36:29 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:36:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
13:37:04 [shadi]
zakim, this is rdwg
13:37:04 [Zakim]
shadi, this was already WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
13:37:05 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; that matches WAI_RDWG()9:30AM
13:37:20 [shadi]
zakim, who is making noise?
13:37:31 [Zakim]
shadi, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P1 (75%), ??P6 (5%)
13:37:40 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:37:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
13:38:26 [shadi]
present: Annika, Markel, Simon, Yehya, Shadi
13:39:40 [shadi]
Topic: Update from User Modeling for Accessibiliy Symposium
13:40:21 [annika]
Yehya: sever papers have been submitted and are now distributed to the reviewers.
13:41:07 [annika]
... The reviewers had to register in the system and should have received an email about the papers they should review.
13:41:34 [christos]
christos has joined #rd
13:41:53 [annika]
Yehya: The deadline has been extended until Friday. One ore two more papers might be submitted.
13:42:23 [annika]
sharper: What's you first impression of the papers?
13:42:45 [annika]
Yehya: All papers fit the call. The reviewer will give more detailed feedback.
13:42:56 [annika]
... Deadline for reviewing the papers in 2013-06-24.
13:43:09 [shadi]
present: Annika, Christos, Markel, Simon, Yehya, Shadi
13:43:14 [Luz]
Luz has joined #rd
13:43:39 [annika]
shadi has not received the review email.
13:43:54 [Luz]
zakim, mute me
13:43:54 [Zakim]
sorry, Luz, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
13:44:07 [annika]
Yehya will check to make sure the emails were sent.
13:45:35 [annika]
shadi: The deadline for the CfP was rather short. Consider to invite people to provide additional input to the symposium (same as for the TC4R and E2R symposia).
13:46:24 [annika]
Yehya: Yes, we will do that.
13:46:31 [annika]
zakim, take up next
13:46:31 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Mobile W3C Note" taken up [from sharper]
13:46:44 [annika]
zakim, take up item 5
13:46:44 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "New RDWG Charter (10m)" taken up [from sharper]
13:46:59 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/charter4
13:47:16 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-rd/2013Jun/0017
13:47:38 [sharper]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/47076/RDWG-Charter/results
13:48:30 [Luz]
Yes, minor fixes
13:48:42 [annika]
shadi: the minor issues are alread fixed.
13:49:32 [Luz]
+1
13:49:32 [annika]
sharper: Maybe order the "Potential future topics" alphabetically.
13:49:43 [annika]
+1 for no change
13:49:48 [sharper]
+1
13:49:57 [markel]
+1 no change
13:51:04 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: leave order of list of potential topics as is
13:51:58 [markel]
+1
13:52:02 [sharper]
+1
13:52:05 [Luz]
+1
13:52:10 [Yehya]
+1
13:52:16 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: leave suggested duration of symposium as is
13:52:16 [annika]
sharper: Should we write 2 hour symposium or leave the duration open? Please +1 to leave unchanged.
13:52:22 [christos]
I am trying to get on the phone but zakim does not recognises the password... so for the time being no audio...
13:52:52 [shadi]
+1
13:52:56 [sharper]
+1
13:53:04 [Yehya]
+1
13:53:05 [markel]
+1
13:53:07 [annika]
sharper: Changed source sentence from "Research Reports (W3C Note): A brief written synopsis of discussion" to "Research Reports: A brief written synopsis, as W3C Working Group Notes, of discussion"
13:53:08 [annika]
+1
13:53:09 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: change "brief synopsis" to "synopsis"
13:53:43 [sharper]
+1
13:53:44 [markel]
+1
13:53:45 [Yehya]
+1
13:53:53 [annika]
sharper: +1 for "5 or more acitve participants"
13:53:55 [annika]
+1
13:53:58 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: leave minimum participation as is
13:54:49 [annika]
shadi: Some of Shawn's comments are administrative.
13:55:18 [annika]
sharper: Change "currency" to "relevance"?
13:55:35 [shadi]
[[topics will be addressed. Topics will vary based on the available resources and expertise, currency and potential impact of the topic]]
13:56:04 [sharper]
+1
13:56:06 [shadi]
currency -> timeliness?
13:56:12 [markel]
+1
13:56:13 [annika]
+1
13:56:13 [Yehya]
+1
13:56:47 [sharper]
List item 2: "Topics will be nominated, selected and prepared by RDWG
13:56:47 [sharper]
participants in good standing." The main point of the symposia is to invite
13:56:47 [sharper]
contributions from the accessibility community. Suggest to add a sentence:
13:56:48 [sharper]
"The accessibility research community is invited to contribute to the
13:56:48 [sharper]
symposia. The contributions are peer-reviewed and are published by the
13:56:48 [sharper]
RDWG."
13:57:20 [sharper]
+1
13:57:23 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: change "currency" to "timeliness"
13:57:28 [annika]
+1
13:57:29 [markel]
+1
13:57:31 [Yehya]
+1
13:57:40 [Luz]
+1
13:57:41 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: link to RDWG FAQ from explanation of symposia
13:58:02 [sharper]
I think a clear value of RDWG would be to
13:58:02 [sharper]
identify research of immediate or near term value to active W3C standards
13:58:02 [sharper]
activities. Granted RDWG is forward looking, I suggest there is a need to
13:58:03 [sharper]
identify problematic areas existing in current activities (One that comes
13:58:03 [sharper]
to immediate mind, No clear consensus on how to present long descriptions)
13:58:03 [sharper]
and fast track science-based assessment of relevant research and practice,
13:58:03 [sharper]
and if warranted, champion targeted usability/accessibility research to
13:58:04 [sharper]
examine potential solutions.
13:58:04 [sharper]
I would like to see the charter reflect this important role in a clear
13:58:04 [sharper]
manner for RDWG.
13:59:29 [annika]
sharper: RDWG should emphasize the long-term perspective.
13:59:45 [annika]
... According to coordinaton group and Judy.
14:00:00 [shadi]
[[Identifying and detailing areas of research (existing or absent) that may significantly impact accessibility of the Web]]
14:00:29 [annika]
shadi: First point: Identify areas of research is covered already.
14:00:56 [annika]
... Second point: champion targeted usability/accessibility research. Are RDWG in a position to do that?
14:01:11 [annika]
... Maybe initiating research fits better.
14:01:41 [Luz]
I agree too
14:01:46 [annika]
shadi: RDWG is more like a "think tank". Actual research is beyond the scope.
14:01:50 [annika]
+1
14:01:50 [sharper]
+1
14:01:56 [Yehya]
+1
14:03:11 [annika]
shadi: Markku is not on the call. The issue should be discussed with him by email.
14:03:35 [annika]
Shadi is going to write an email to Markku.
14:04:22 [annika]
shadi: please look at the summary email and check that your comments are addressed.
14:04:42 [shadi]
agenda?
14:04:47 [annika]
... The charter has to be finished by the end of the month.
14:05:01 [annika]
shadi: Any other comments on the re-chartering?
14:05:30 [annika]
zakim, take up item 2
14:05:30 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Mobile W3C Note" taken up [from sharper]
14:05:42 [annika]
shadi: the editors are working on the comments.
14:05:54 [annika]
zakim, take up item 3
14:05:54 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Easy to Read W3C Note" taken up [from sharper]
14:06:06 [annika]
shadi: there will be an updated draft soon.
14:06:19 [annika]
shadi: any other issues?
14:06:56 [Luz]
Bye bye
14:06:57 [markel]
bye!
14:07:00 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
14:07:00 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:07:00 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been (none)
14:07:08 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:07:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/06/12-rd-minutes.html trackbot
14:07:09 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:07:09 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items