IRC log of html-wg on 2013-05-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:01:45 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
16:01:45 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-html-wg-irc
16:01:47 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:01:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-wg
16:01:49 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
16:01:49 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see HTML_WG()12:00PM scheduled to start now
16:01:50 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
16:01:50 [trackbot]
Date: 30 May 2013
16:01:53 [paulc]
zakim, what is the code?
16:01:53 [Zakim]
the conference code is 4865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), paulc
16:01:59 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has now started
16:02:00 [Zakim]
+Plh
16:02:18 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:02:40 [paulc]
zakim, [Microsoft] has paulc
16:02:40 [Zakim]
+paulc; got it
16:02:46 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
16:03:03 [plh]
zakim, Microsoft.a has Kris
16:03:03 [Zakim]
+Kris; got it
16:03:07 [adrianba]
adrianba has joined #html-wg
16:03:12 [janina]
janina has joined #html-wg
16:03:21 [krisk]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013AprJun/0014.html
16:03:25 [krisk]
scribe: krisk
16:03:26 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.aa]
16:03:28 [Zakim]
+??P4
16:03:31 [jaymunro]
zakim, microsoft.aa has me
16:03:31 [Zakim]
+jaymunro; got it
16:03:36 [janina]
zakim, ??P4 is Janina
16:03:36 [Zakim]
+Janina; got it
16:03:38 [krisk]
chair: paulc
16:03:53 [Zakim]
+[Apple]
16:03:55 [krisk]
* we'll start in a few to let others join the meeting
16:03:58 [hober]
Zakim, Apple is me
16:03:59 [Zakim]
+hober; got it
16:04:14 [krisk]
plh: has an extra item to add to the 'other items'
16:04:27 [paulc]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:04:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Plh, [Microsoft], [Microsoft.a], [Microsoft.aa], Janina, hober
16:04:27 [krisk]
TOPIC: ACTION items due by Thursday, May 30
16:04:29 [krisk]
none
16:04:29 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has paulc
16:04:29 [Zakim]
[Microsoft.aa] has jaymunro
16:04:29 [Zakim]
[Microsoft.a] has Kris
16:04:38 [krisk]
TOPIC: New Issues This Week:
16:04:40 [krisk]
none
16:04:48 [krisk]
TOPIC: New WG Decisions
16:05:09 [krisk]
paulc: we have three related to publish CFCs
16:05:26 [krisk]
First item is WG Decision to stop work on "HTML: The Markup Language" and "HTML5: Edition for Web Authors"
16:05:43 [krisk]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0130.html
16:05:51 [Zakim]
+MarkS
16:06:22 [krisk]
plh: we can't publish from june 7th -> 17th, so we need to get them published or they have to wait
16:06:46 [krisk]
paulc: robin is on point to pubish and I assume he is taking care of the publishing
16:06:52 [krisk]
WG Decision to publish three heartbeat drafts as WDs
16:07:00 [krisk]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0136.html
16:07:05 [krisk]
WG Decision to publish main element extension specification as WG Note
16:07:12 [krisk]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0137.html
16:07:26 [krisk]
TOPIC: Items Closing This Week
16:07:27 [krisk]
None
16:07:34 [krisk]
TOPIC: New Calls this Week
16:07:39 [krisk]
CfC: to publish a revised “HTML5 Image Description Extension” Working Draft closes Tue Jun 4
16:07:45 [krisk]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0117.html
16:08:14 [krisk]
paulc: I sent this out on the list last weekend a closes next tuesday midnight boston time
16:09:27 [krisk]
paulc: If the CFC has agreement in the group then we should try to get this published before the lockdown
16:09:46 [krisk]
plh: It should be possible to publish as long as the CFC has agreement
16:10:07 [krisk]
paulc: That is why I send out the plan to the group so we can proceed
16:10:15 [krisk]
TOPIC: Other Business
16:10:30 [krisk]
paulc: status check on removal of Microdata from 5.0
16:10:43 [tantek_]
tantek_ has joined #html-wg
16:10:54 [krisk]
paulc: no discussion on the list, some whatwg group according to robin
16:11:13 [krisk]
paulc: robin though we should wait a bit
16:11:23 [krisk]
CfC: remove Microdata from HTML 5.0, incorporate Microdata into 5.1, publish Microdata doc as a W3C note
16:11:24 [Zakim]
+tantek
16:11:28 [krisk]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0000.html
16:11:48 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.aaa]
16:11:52 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft.aaa] is me
16:11:52 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
16:12:16 [paulc]
Most recent Microdata email on thread: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0134.html
16:12:42 [krisk]
paulc: we'll look for an update on this topic with a pointer to the discussion in the whatwg
16:12:56 [krisk]
plh: I have an update on the HTML charter
16:13:23 [krisk]
plh: We proposed a new charter to the AC board and we received several objections
16:14:07 [krisk]
plh: AC meeting will discuss content protection and document license
16:14:39 [krisk]
plh: I expec the directors will make a call on the charter the following week after the AC meeting
16:14:46 [paulc]
charter: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/charter/2012/
16:14:55 [paulc]
WRONG LINK
16:14:58 [plh]
charter: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/charter/2013/Overview.html
16:14:58 [krisk]
s/expec/expect/
16:15:20 [krisk]
plh: Note this is the correct link http://www.w3.org/html/wg/charter/2013/Overview.html
16:16:11 [krisk]
plh: The AC meeting is on June 10th and June 11th, which would mean a call on the charter would occur on the week for June 17th
16:16:11 [Zakim]
+Sam
16:16:27 [rubys]
rubys has joined #html-wg
16:16:30 [krisk]
paulc: Will this be about EME?
16:16:55 [krisk]
plh: It will be about content protection, since we have a formal objection on content protection
16:17:05 [rubys]
http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/formal-objection-status.html#EME-1
16:17:27 [krisk]
paulc: The chairs have recorded the formal objections to EME publishing
16:17:31 [paulc]
See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0138.html
16:18:06 [cabanier]
cabanier has joined #html-wg
16:19:25 [krisk]
paulc: We are also having access issue by people doing cross list posts and getting denied
16:19:30 [krisk]
paulc: plh other items?
16:20:27 [krisk]
rubys: director was included and we should resolve the first objection rather than publishing the second update to the spec
16:21:00 [rubys]
s/rather than publishing the second update to the spec/before processing this objection/
16:21:01 [krisk]
paulc: So then we should expect this to happen after June 17th (second publishing for EME)
16:21:23 [krisk]
paulc: I can chair the meeting next week, sam does this work for you?
16:21:36 [krisk]
krisk: scribe?
16:22:42 [krisk]
I can help since I'll be giving and update for the TTF
16:23:28 [krisk]
paulc: Janina could you comment on Firefox's long desc support?
16:23:41 [paulc]
rrsagent, generate the minutes
16:23:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/05/30-html-wg-minutes.html paulc
16:23:53 [krisk]
janina: Firefox will be adding support!
16:23:55 [Zakim]
-hober
16:23:56 [Zakim]
-adrianba
16:23:56 [Zakim]
-Janina
16:23:57 [Zakim]
-MarkS
16:23:57 [Zakim]
-Sam
16:23:59 [janina]
janina has left #html-wg
16:24:00 [Zakim]
-tantek
16:24:01 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.a]
16:24:03 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.aa]
16:24:10 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
16:41:11 [Zakim]
-Plh
16:41:12 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
16:41:12 [Zakim]
Attendees were Plh, paulc, [Microsoft], Kris, jaymunro, Janina, hober, MarkS, tantek, adrianba, Sam
16:42:11 [darobin]
darobin has joined #html-wg
17:00:00 [rubys1]
rubys1 has left #html-wg
17:06:33 [jeffh]
jeffh has joined #html-wg
17:07:15 [darobin]
darobin has joined #html-wg
17:46:51 [rubys]
rubys has left #html-wg
18:17:36 [arronei_]
arronei_ has joined #html-wg
18:22:25 [arronei]
arronei has joined #html-wg
18:27:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #html-wg
18:31:21 [tantek]
tantek has joined #html-wg
18:33:45 [arronei_]
arronei_ has joined #html-wg
18:39:13 [arronei]
arronei has joined #html-wg
18:47:35 [arronei_]
arronei_ has joined #html-wg
18:53:03 [arronei]
arronei has joined #html-wg
18:53:34 [plh]
plh has joined #html-wg
19:01:00 [arronei_]
arronei_ has joined #html-wg
19:03:42 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
19:11:31 [glenn]
glenn has joined #html-wg
19:12:32 [glenn_]
glenn_ has joined #html-wg
19:14:56 [arronei]
arronei has joined #html-wg
19:20:24 [arronei_]
arronei_ has joined #html-wg
19:30:56 [SteveF]
SteveF has joined #html-wg
19:41:33 [stommepoes]
stommepoes has joined #html-wg
20:23:22 [stommepoes]
stommepoes has left #html-wg
21:07:49 [NeatBasis_]
NeatBasis_ has joined #html-wg
21:11:44 [jeffh]
jeffh has joined #html-wg
21:16:51 [yoav]
yoav has joined #html-wg
21:17:22 [Josh_Soref]
Josh_Soref has joined #html-wg
21:19:23 [SteveF]
SteveF has joined #html-wg
21:33:47 [st_bbl]
st_bbl has joined #html-wg
22:00:07 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
22:08:14 [tobie]
tobie has joined #html-wg
22:09:12 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
22:09:12 [gitbot]
01[13html01] 15rubys pushed 2 new commits to 06feature/whatwg: 02https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/1a4c64fae8cb...bc61fbd00138
22:09:12 [gitbot]
13html/06feature/whatwg 145f817a7 15ianh: [e] (0) Clarify IDs are not restricted....
22:09:12 [gitbot]
13html/06feature/whatwg 14bc61fbd 15ianh: [giow] (2) Allow data: URLs to be given download='' attribute names....
22:09:12 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
22:31:13 [tobie]
tobie has joined #html-wg
22:54:12 [davidb]
davidb has joined #html-wg
23:09:08 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
23:09:08 [gitbot]
01[13html01] 15rubys pushed 1 new commit to 06feature/whatwg: 02https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/78cc5f7a82c410741b6a48a1636f4be1e004c242
23:09:08 [gitbot]
13html/06feature/whatwg 1478cc5f7 15ianh: [e] (0) Try to clarify event loop terminology....
23:09:08 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg