IRC log of html-wg on 2013-05-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:59:19 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
15:59:19 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/05/09-html-wg-irc
15:59:21 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:59:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-wg
15:59:23 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
15:59:23 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see HTML_WG()12:00PM scheduled to start in 1 minute
15:59:24 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
15:59:24 [trackbot]
Date: 09 May 2013
15:59:33 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has now started
15:59:39 [Zakim]
+ +1.626.379.aaaa
15:59:47 [Zakim]
+Sam
16:00:52 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.850.aabb
16:00:55 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:01:23 [janina]
janina has joined #html-wg
16:01:37 [Zakim]
+??P6
16:01:42 [tantek]
tantek has joined #html-wg
16:01:42 [janina]
zakim, ??P6 is me
16:01:42 [Zakim]
+janina; got it
16:01:43 [krisk]
zakim, Microsoft is krisk
16:01:44 [Zakim]
+krisk; got it
16:01:59 [Bin_Hu]
Bin_Hu has joined #html-wg
16:02:11 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:02:18 [Zakim]
+ +1.818.406.aacc
16:02:19 [jaymunro]
zakim, microsoft has me
16:02:21 [Zakim]
+jaymunro; got it
16:02:43 [Zakim]
+ +1.425.214.aadd
16:02:59 [Bin_Hu]
zakim, aadd is me
16:03:00 [Zakim]
+Bin_Hu; got it
16:03:17 [Bin_Hu]
present+ Bin_Hu
16:03:40 [CyrilRa]
CyrilRa has joined #html-wg
16:04:13 [krisk]
* I can scribe - let me pull up the agenda
16:05:14 [Zakim]
+MarkS
16:05:23 [Zakim]
+[Apple]
16:05:30 [hober]
Zakim, Apple is me
16:05:30 [Zakim]
+hober; got it
16:06:37 [krisk]
Chair: rubys
16:06:37 [Zakim]
-hober
16:06:41 [krisk]
scribe: krisk
16:06:58 [krisk]
TOPIC: 1. ACTION items due by Thursday, May 9
16:07:00 [Zakim]
+[Apple]
16:07:05 [hober]
Zakim, Apple is me
16:07:05 [Zakim]
+hober; got it
16:07:07 [sgalineau]
sgalineau has joined #html-wg
16:07:09 [krisk]
ACTION-226: Make sure that the organizational structure of github
16:07:10 [trackbot]
Notes added to ACTION-226 Make sure that the organizational structure of github test suite is well documented.
16:07:15 [rubys]
ACTION-226?
16:07:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-226 -- Kris Krueger to make sure that the organizational structure of github test suite is well documented -- due 2013-04-30 -- OPEN
16:07:15 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/226
16:07:19 [Zakim]
+Plh
16:07:33 [krisk]
I have not made any progress but will have the wiki updated by next week
16:07:35 [rubys]
ACTION-226 due next week
16:07:35 [trackbot]
Set ACTION-226 Make sure that the organizational structure of github test suite is well documented due date to next week.
16:07:46 [krisk]
TOPIC: New Issues This Week:
16:07:55 [krisk]
rubys: none
16:08:19 [tantek_]
tantek_ has joined #html-wg
16:08:25 [krisk]
rubys: let's talk about the f2f web performance at the enfo (other business)
16:08:31 [krisk]
TOPIC: Items Closing This Week
16:08:35 [krisk]
rubys: none
16:08:42 [krisk]
TOPIC: Items Closing Next Week
16:09:09 [Zakim]
+Tantek
16:09:17 [krisk]
rubys: actually this should be 'closing' this week
16:09:19 [krisk]
CfC: remove Microdata from HTML 5.0, incorporate Microdata into 5.1
16:09:20 [rubys]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0000.html
16:10:01 [krisk]
tantek: can we discuss the microdata moves to 5.1?
16:10:04 [krisk]
rubys: yes
16:10:39 [krisk]
rubys: we are moving all of microdata from the htm5.0 spec and into 5.1
16:11:04 [krisk]
tantek: I'd like to promote the use of extension specs
16:11:29 [krisk]
tantek: Maybe this could be done with microdata?
16:12:16 [krisk]
rubys: if the whatwg makes this a seperate spec then this could be done, though if not we would need a editor to signup to do this work
16:13:25 [krisk]
rubys: right now we are just focused on 5.0 and don't want to make a rash move to remove it completely
16:14:00 [krisk]
tantek: Having this in 5.1 seems to go against our modulatity principals
16:14:44 [krisk]
rubys: tantek can you send a mail to the list to make sure the group has consensus?
16:14:48 [krisk]
tantek: sure
16:15:41 [Zakim]
+glenn
16:15:56 [krisk]
rubys: I don't think you are missing anything other then the ask for a editor to sign up for the work.
16:16:56 [krisk]
rubys: please bring this up on the list and we can discuss what we want to do beyond removing from HTML5.0
16:17:36 [krisk]
rubys: any other comments other than bring this up on the list?
16:17:40 [glenn]
:)
16:17:43 [tantek]
Thanks Sam and Daniel for the discussion
16:17:44 [Eliot]
Eliot has joined #html-wg
16:17:50 [krisk]
TOPIC: Decisions this week
16:17:57 [rubys]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013May/0030.html
16:18:17 [rubys]
http://www.w3.org/QA/2013/05/perspectives_on_encrypted_medi.html
16:18:40 [tantek]
Zakim, mute tantek
16:18:40 [Zakim]
Tantek should now be muted
16:18:47 [krisk]
rubys: one decision has occured to allow EME to proceed as a First Public Working draft
16:19:35 [krisk]
glenn: If a format objection occurs, will this reverse the FPWD?
16:19:50 [rubys]
s/format/formal/
16:20:07 [Zakim]
-Tantek
16:20:26 [krisk]
plh: The process would (object) doesn't apply until last call, in this instance the Director actually looked earlier in the process
16:20:30 [Zakim]
+Tantek
16:20:42 [krisk]
glenn: I am happy to see things move forward
16:20:54 [krisk]
TOPIC: Task Force Reports
16:20:56 [tantek]
Zakim, Tantek is tantek
16:20:56 [Zakim]
+tantek; got it
16:21:05 [krisk]
SUBTOPIC: Testing Task Force
16:21:11 [plh]
s/The process would (object) doesn't apply until last call/The process doesn't require the Director to address Formal Objections prior to the move out of Last Call/
16:21:12 [cabanier]
cabanier has joined #html-wg
16:21:31 [krisk]
krisk: I don't have much to report here - I was not able to make the meeting this week
16:21:43 [plh]
s/in this instance the Director actually looked earlier in the process/there has been instances where the Director did however, such as microdata for example
16:21:56 [krisk]
krisk: Though I should have more to report next time
16:22:15 [Zakim]
-tantek
16:22:21 [krisk]
SUBTOPIC: Accessibility Task Force
16:22:44 [Zakim]
+tantek
16:22:47 [krisk]
Group has continued to meet
16:23:03 [krisk]
The group has focused on what areas of the spec need testing
16:23:21 [janina]
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21985
16:24:08 [krisk]
We are working on getting bugs that impact 5.0 taken care of..
16:24:42 [krisk]
We are working on the extension specs such and have these ready in June
16:25:33 [Zakim]
-tantek
16:25:33 [krisk]
The group is working on creating proposal for 'transcript' - ISSUE 194
16:25:51 [Zakim]
+tantek
16:25:58 [krisk]
rubys: any other questions or comments for Janina?
16:26:12 [krisk]
SUBTOPIC: Media Task Force
16:26:32 [krisk]
rubys: anyone here to provide status?
16:26:44 [krisk]
TOPIC: Other Business
16:26:52 [krisk]
Proposal: stop work on "HTML: The Markup Language" and "HTML5:
16:26:55 [rubys]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2013May/0016.html
16:27:36 [krisk]
rubys: please take a look at the list, no specific date
16:28:05 [krisk]
daniel: It would be good to have this for authors
16:28:47 [krisk]
rubys: The belief is that this is being addressed in another better mechanism vs the xlst/xml transforms
16:29:19 [krisk]
daniel: This seems like a key deliverable for authors and I'd like to see this not be dropped
16:29:30 [krisk]
...I'll look on the list for more information
16:29:51 [krisk]
rubys: please do
16:30:18 [krisk]
janina: It seems it's more about how we do this rather than not doing this work
16:30:22 [krisk]
rubys: correct
16:30:36 [krisk]
daniel: I'll catch up on this via the list
16:31:06 [krisk]
SUBTOPIC: Web Performance and Error Handling from F2F
16:32:30 [krisk]
The WP WG is looking to have a futrue proof errors beyond networking (DNS, TCPIP, etc) such that it covers css, html, javascript errors
16:33:09 [krisk]
The upshot is that the WP WG should be able to accomidate this for these newer classes
16:33:37 [krisk]
daniel has an action item to go look for specific examples where this could be used in the HTML spec
16:33:48 [krisk]
rubys: and other business to discuss?
16:34:00 [krisk]
rubys: Scribe for next meeting?
16:34:23 [Zakim]
- +1.626.379.aaaa
16:34:24 [Zakim]
-hober
16:34:25 [krisk]
rubys: Adjournment
16:34:27 [Zakim]
- +1.206.850.aabb
16:34:29 [Zakim]
-janina
16:34:29 [Zakim]
-Bin_Hu
16:34:30 [Zakim]
-Plh
16:34:30 [Zakim]
-tantek
16:34:32 [Zakim]
-Sam
16:34:32 [janina]
janina has left #html-wg
16:34:33 [Zakim]
-glenn
16:34:33 [Zakim]
- +1.818.406.aacc
16:34:36 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
16:34:53 [krisk]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:35:00 [krisk]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:35:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/05/09-html-wg-minutes.html krisk
16:37:02 [Zakim]
-krisk
16:37:06 [Zakim]
-MarkS
16:37:08 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
16:37:08 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.626.379.aaaa, Sam, +1.206.850.aabb, janina, krisk, +1.818.406.aacc, jaymunro, +1.425.214.aadd, Bin_Hu, MarkS, hober, Plh, glenn, tantek
16:37:47 [Mark]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:37:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/05/09-html-wg-minutes.html Mark
16:39:25 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
16:41:29 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-wg
16:48:14 [tantek]
tantek has joined #html-wg
16:56:27 [davidb]
davidb has joined #html-wg
17:02:51 [davidb]
davidb has joined #html-wg
17:03:25 [davidb]
davidb has joined #html-wg
17:06:26 [yoav_]
yoav_ has joined #html-wg
17:50:22 [glenn]
glenn has joined #html-wg
18:12:07 [glenn]
glenn has joined #html-wg
18:30:03 [Lachy]
Lachy has joined #html-wg
18:31:56 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #html-wg
18:35:43 [darobin]
darobin has joined #html-wg
18:51:33 [yoav_]
yoav_ has joined #html-wg
18:54:06 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
18:54:06 [gitbot]
01[13html01] 15stevefaulkner pushed 4 new commits to 06master: 02https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/d3eca0caec47...85cf51995f32
18:54:06 [gitbot]
13html/06master 142f71247 15StommePoes: Adjusted JS for IE7,8,9; does not work for IE6. CSS in Overview.html adjusted for IE7,8
18:54:06 [gitbot]
13html/06master 14bdd578b 15StommePoes: Die quick if no author stylesheets
18:54:06 [gitbot]
13html/06master 14cb3d852 15StommePoes: indent
18:54:06 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
18:57:28 [yoav__]
yoav__ has joined #html-wg
19:00:57 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
19:00:57 [gitbot]
01[13html01] 15stevefaulkner pushed 1 new commit to 06master: 02https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/36cfb0bbe224b8c64b4a5f75d950ce382c25b499
19:00:57 [gitbot]
13html/06master 1436cfb0b 15stevefaulkner: Update teststylesheet.css...
19:00:58 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
19:03:14 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
19:03:14 [gitbot]
01[13html01] 15stevefaulkner pushed 1 new commit to 06master: 02https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/c15f29466eb40f9b59e99698e17004044f7fe068
19:03:14 [gitbot]
13html/06master 14c15f294 15stevefaulkner: Update header-w3c-html-core...
19:03:14 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
19:07:12 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
19:07:12 [gitbot]
01[13html01] 15stevefaulkner pushed 1 new commit to 06master: 02https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/65766bdec6dc89e747363113ee82fd4ac0474b9c
19:07:12 [gitbot]
13html/06master 1465766bd 15stevefaulkner: Update middle-w3c-html-magic...
19:07:12 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
19:24:29 [rubys]
rubys has left #html-wg
19:27:51 [yoav]
yoav has joined #html-wg
19:42:42 [davidb]
davidb has joined #html-wg
20:16:30 [st_bbl]
st_bbl has joined #html-wg
20:41:15 [yoav_]
yoav_ has joined #html-wg
21:19:16 [silvia]
silvia has joined #html-wg
21:26:37 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
22:06:30 [silvia]
silvia has joined #html-wg
22:37:06 [glenn]
glenn has joined #html-wg
22:51:56 [plh]
plh has joined #html-wg
22:54:31 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
23:13:23 [Jedi]
Jedi has joined #html-wg
23:38:16 [karl]
karl has joined #html-wg
23:58:59 [glenn]
glenn has joined #html-wg