IRC log of xproc on 2013-05-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:56:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
13:56:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-xproc-irc
13:56:26 [Norm]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
13:56:26 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
13:56:26 [Norm]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2013/05/08-agenda
13:56:26 [Norm]
Date: 8 May 2013
13:56:26 [Norm]
Meeting: 231
13:56:26 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
13:56:26 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
13:56:27 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
14:00:20 [Vojtech]
Vojtech has joined #xproc
14:02:14 [Zakim]
+Jeroen
14:02:31 [Vojtech]
zakim, jeroen is me
14:02:33 [Zakim]
+Vojtech; got it
14:02:36 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
14:02:57 [Zakim]
+??P17
14:03:02 [alexmilowski]
bueller? bueller? bueller? ...
14:03:10 [ht]
ht has joined #xproc
14:03:11 [Norm]
zakim, ??p17 is ht
14:03:11 [Zakim]
+ht; got it
14:04:25 [Zakim]
+Alex_Milows
14:04:52 [Norm]
Regrets: Jim
14:04:59 [Norm]
Present: Norm, Vojtech, Henry, Alex
14:06:19 [Norm]
Norm has changed the topic to: XProc WG http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2013/05/08-agenda
14:06:31 [Norm]
Topic: Accept this agenda?
14:06:31 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2013/05/08-agenda
14:06:48 [Norm]
Accepted.
14:06:51 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
14:06:51 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2013/04/24-minutes
14:07:02 [Norm]
Accepted.
14:07:06 [Norm]
Topic: Next meeting: 22 May 2013 (propose to skip 15 May)
14:07:21 [Norm]
No regrets heard.
14:07:27 [Norm]
Topic: Review of open action items
14:07:39 [Norm]
No prorgress reported.
14:07:50 [Norm]
Topic: Face-to-face meeting in Edinburgh/London in July?
14:10:17 [Norm]
Some discussion of possible dates.
14:14:03 [Norm]
Late June works better than July for the folks on the phone.
14:14:46 [Norm]
Proposal: two or three of the days 26-28 June.
14:15:17 [Norm]
Works for everyone on the phone.
14:16:16 [alexmilowski]
Sorry, not trying to be difficult.
14:16:35 [alexmilowski]
I just don't quite know all the constraints.
14:16:45 [Norm]
Norm: I'll propose that in email; we'll see if we can nail it down firmly or abandon the plans at the next meeting or before the next meeting in email.
14:17:04 [Norm]
Topic: Use cases/requirements/zip & unzip steps
14:17:19 [Norm]
Norm: Without Jim we just have to continue those.
14:18:03 [Norm]
Alex: I'd like to take all the work I did on the old use cases. I could just create the table that I had imagined and give it to the WG.
14:18:05 [Norm]
Norm: Yes, please do.
14:19:00 [Norm]
Topic: Bug 21007, errors in 5.8, p:declare-step
14:19:09 [Norm]
-> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=21007
14:19:31 [Norm]
Norm: I think this is editorial; we mean neither and we could make that clearer.
14:20:08 [Norm]
General agreement.
14:20:22 [Norm]
ACTION: A-231-01: Norm to propose a resolution for bug 21007.
14:22:30 [Norm]
Topic: Semantic web step use case
14:22:37 [Norm]
Norm: I'll put a pointer to Alex's mail on the agenda for next time.
14:22:49 [Norm]
Alex: We could be publishing steps that use potential V2 features.
14:23:01 [Norm]
...Is the right way to do that to use the new features or do it with XML.
14:23:27 [Norm]
Norm: I don't think we'd want to publish a note that uses potential new features.
14:23:41 [Norm]
Alex: I was thinking the other way around, we could wrap the non-XML in XML for now.
14:23:53 [Norm]
...Is that the best thing? Down the road it might not be.
14:24:36 [Norm]
Norm: I think we might be better placed if we could get more V2 prep work done before doing new things like encryption and semantic web steps.
14:25:04 [Norm]
Topic: Any other business?
14:25:33 [Norm]
Alex: What are we doing next? There's use case and requirements, there are zip/unzip steps, then we've got features, then we've got more new steps.
14:25:43 [Norm]
...Even zip/unzip I wonder how that fits in with how we handle non-XML
14:25:48 [Norm]
...I guess the question is, what's the strategy?
14:26:07 [Norm]
Norm: We're in a bit of a bind. The charter only lets us work on use cases and requirements for V.next.
14:27:01 [Norm]
...Steps looked like low hanging fruit, but it turns out to be out of reach too.
14:27:13 [Norm]
Alex: I'd be happier if we actually had a finished use cases and requirements document.
14:27:22 [Norm]
...And that requires an editor with sufficient time.
14:27:44 [Norm]
Norm: I don't know how to make this work better.
14:28:38 [Norm]
Alex: I wonder if there are people in the community who would have more time
14:28:49 [Norm]
Norm: I don't know. New folks are welcome to join.
14:30:10 [Norm]
Some discussion of the charter.
14:30:25 [Norm]
ACTION: A-231-02: Norm to revisit the processing model document with commenters.
14:30:34 [Norm]
Adjourned.
14:30:40 [Zakim]
-Norm
14:30:45 [Zakim]
-Vojtech
14:30:45 [Norm]
rrsagent, set logs world-visible
14:30:46 [Zakim]
-Alex_Milows
14:30:49 [Norm]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:30:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/05/08-xproc-minutes.html Norm
15:05:00 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, ht, in XML_PMWG()10:00AM
15:05:01 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()10:00AM has ended
15:05:01 [Zakim]
Attendees were Norm, Vojtech, ht, Alex_Milows
16:28:10 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc