IRC log of mlw-lt on 2013-05-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

07:03:30 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mlw-lt
07:03:31 [RRSAgent]
logging to
07:03:36 [fsasaki]
meeting: MLW-LT f2f
07:03:59 [fsasaki]
chair: felix
07:04:01 [Ankit]
Ankit has joined #mlw-lt
07:04:07 [fsasaki]
07:04:52 [fsasaki]
present: ankit(IRC), tadej, karl, yves, felix, jirka, milan, pedro, pablo, mauricio, david, dave, phil, arle
07:05:04 [fsasaki]
topic: agenda review
07:05:06 [fsasaki]
looking at
07:05:56 [Ankit]
07:10:04 [mdelolmo]
mdelolmo has joined #mlw-lt
07:12:55 [daveL]
daveL has joined #mlw-lt
07:13:27 [daveL]
present+ DaveLewis
07:17:38 [Yves_]
Yves_ has joined #mlw-lt
07:17:42 [mdelolmo]
present+ mdelolmo
07:17:43 [Jirka]
Jirka has joined #mlw-lt
07:17:49 [Yves_]
present+ Yves
07:17:52 [kfritsche]
kfritsche has joined #mlw-lt
07:18:07 [philr]
philr has joined #mlw-lt
07:18:15 [philr]
present+ philr
07:18:34 [kfritsche]
present+ Karl
07:18:50 [fsasaki]
topic: usage in html
07:18:51 [fsasaki]
07:19:28 [fsasaki]
"The Translate data category has a direct counterpart in [HTML5], namely the HTML5 translate attribute. ITS 2.0 does not define its own behaviour for HTML5 translate, but just refers to the HTML5 definition."
07:20:01 [fsasaki]
07:21:03 [Milan]
Milan has joined #mlw-lt
07:22:01 [pnietoca]
pnietoca has joined #mlw-lt
07:22:39 [fsasaki]
topic: text analysis section
07:22:49 [fsasaki]
07:22:59 [fsasaki]
"This specification defines a normative way to represent text analysis information in XML and HTML locally. However, text analysis information can also be represented in other formats, e.g. JSON. The Internationalization Tag Set Interest Group maintains a description of such alternative serializations. Readers of this specification are encouraged to evaluate whether that description fulfills their needs and to provide comments in the ITS IG mailing list (p[CUT]
07:23:33 [fsasaki]
07:26:38 [philr]
daveL: serializations are different to mappings and ontology transformations
07:28:44 [fsasaki]
topic: rdf ontology
07:33:04 [sebastian]
sebastian has joined #mlw-lt
07:33:41 [fsasaki]
07:35:22 [philr]
fsasaki: any other comments?
07:35:36 [philr]
daveL: stability of NIF?
07:36:05 [fsasaki]
now discussing comments from Sebastian, see
07:36:11 [philr]
...are there still ongoing changes?
07:36:46 [philr]
sebastian: there will be versioning, for now 1.0 release which would then be stable
07:37:18 [philr]
...ontology 1.0, NIF 2.0
07:37:44 [sebastian]
07:38:12 [sebastian]
07:38:41 [fsasaki]
latest version link?
07:38:43 [Pedro]
Pedro has joined #mlw-lt
07:38:45 [sebastian]
07:38:55 [sebastian]
07:39:25 [philr]
sebastian: url will redirect to latest version
07:40:28 [sebastian]
07:41:55 [philr]
daveL: looking at chain of references from wiki
07:42:57 [philr]
...make sure people accessing through ITS know the correct place to go and where to see updates
07:43:02 [fsasaki]
action: felix to add ITS ontology reference(s) to the spec, referring to wiki / ontology namespace, ...
07:43:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-514 - Add ITS ontology reference(s) to the spec, referring to wiki / ontology namespace, ... [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].
07:43:20 [sebastian]
07:43:35 [sebastian]
07:44:06 [sebastian] -> HTML
07:44:15 [fsasaki]
07:44:29 [philr]
...maintain a link at the University of Leipzig persistent url
07:44:53 [sebastian]
curl -H "Accept: text/html"
07:45:18 [sebastian]
-> HTML landing page -> ontology documentation in HTML , NIF 2.0 standard document
07:45:56 [sebastian]
07:46:39 [sebastian] is the most important
07:46:41 [sebastian]
07:46:45 [fsasaki]
NIF reference
07:46:50 [philr]
sebastian: ontology url is the most important as it then points to other documentation
07:48:33 [philr]
version numbers would probably drift apart again even if started the same
07:48:43 [fsasaki]
07:49:01 [tadej]
tadej has joined #mlw-lt
07:49:19 [philr]
fsasaki: please introduce your comments sebastian
07:50:23 [sebastian]
<ns0:comment xmlns:ns0="" xml:lang="en" rdf:datatype=""
07:50:43 [sebastian]
07:51:50 [philr]
daveL: assumption is that no datatype means string
07:51:53 [fsasaki]
07:51:59 [philr]
...this would allow the language tag
07:52:58 [fsasaki]
action: daveL to check where we need language tag in its ontology
07:52:59 [philr]
scribe: philr
07:52:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-515 - Check where we need language tag in its ontology [on David Lewis - due 2013-05-15].
07:55:03 [fsasaki]
07:56:29 [sebastian]
Houston Airports <span taIdentRef="" taClassRef="">spokeswoman</span> Marlene McClinton .
07:57:22 [sebastian]
07:59:06 [philr]
tadej: reservations about this being an optimal serialization
08:02:26 [philr]
...need a way to identify the subject, object and predicate
08:02:57 [sebastian]
dbpedia:George_Bush_Intercontinental_Airport rln-ont:spokesman rln-res:Marlene_McClinton .
08:03:42 [sebastian]
<,Y1> itsrdf:taIdentRef dbpedia:George_Bush_Intercontinental_Airport .
08:05:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
08:07:58 [philr]
tadej: I think the proposal for "Change 3" is fine
08:11:28 [philr]
fsasaki: can give some guidence on how to handle different situations
08:12:47 [philr]
...volunteer to follow-up on Change 3?
08:13:21 [philr]
...put some guidence into the ITS ontology
08:14:00 [fsasaki]
08:15:11 [fsasaki]
08:15:40 [tadej_]
tadej_ has joined #mlw-lt
08:16:19 [fsasaki]
action: felix to move to github - but where
08:16:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-516 - Move to github - but where [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].
08:17:14 [fsasaki]
action: felix to make changes 4-5 at
08:17:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-517 - Make changes 4-5 at [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].
08:17:49 [sebastian]
<> itsrdf:xpath2nif <,e0>
08:17:59 [sebastian]
08:18:13 [fsasaki]
replace itsrdf:xpath2nif with nif:convertedFrom
08:19:16 [fsasaki]
08:20:29 [fsasaki]
"STEP 4 (optional): Serialize as XML or as RDF. The list with the XPath-to-text mapping can also be kept in memory. Part of a serialization example is given below." below that step explain that the example following consists of XML and RDF
08:23:33 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS XLIFF
08:23:34 [fsasaki]
08:26:36 [fsasaki]
action: felix to subscribe everybody on the ITS IG list
08:26:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-518 - Subscribe everybody on the ITS IG list [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].
08:51:48 [mdelolmo]
mdelolmo has joined #mlw-lt
08:58:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
09:00:10 [fsasaki]
topic: action item review
09:00:11 [fsasaki]
09:01:07 [fsasaki]
09:01:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-310 -- David Lewis to go through the document and check data category naming (capital first letter plus hyperlink) -- due 2013-04-15 -- OPEN
09:01:07 [trackbot]
09:15:52 [fsasaki]
close action-504
09:15:52 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-504 Review draft for XLIFF mapping.
09:18:32 [fsasaki]
topic: minutes from yesterday
09:18:32 [fsasaki]
09:20:05 [fsasaki]
topic: karl's demo
09:20:05 [fsasaki]
09:26:58 [kfritsche]
Example source code:
09:27:52 [kfritsche]
Current released:
09:28:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
09:31:35 [fsasaki]
topic: pedro's demo for content authoring support
09:35:36 [Arle]
Arle has joined #mlw-lt
09:37:00 [fsasaki]
part of rome workshop presentation, see
09:38:35 [Milan]
Milan has joined #mlw-lt
09:40:06 [fsasaki]
topic: where to put things?
09:40:16 [fsasaki]
09:46:41 [fsasaki]
banner at the top: implementers, users, usage scenarios
09:47:19 [fsasaki]
three banners like at
09:50:57 [fsasaki]
have three tier layout at
09:51:24 [fsasaki]
also update to mention ITS2
09:54:09 [fsasaki]
topic: upcoming meeting planning
09:54:18 [fsasaki]
09:56:32 [fsasaki]
september frankfurt (tbc)
09:56:53 [fsasaki]
25-26 November, or 26-27 November in Madrid
09:57:22 [fsasaki]
topic: meeting setup
09:57:27 [fsasaki]
see proposal from Pedro at
09:58:42 [fsasaki]
beyond 2013 - point people to
10:03:44 [fsasaki]
action: felix to check about meeting schedule for september + november - due 10 May
10:03:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-519 - check about meeting schedule for september + november [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-10].
10:06:15 [fsasaki]
action: felix to check 16-17 september in Walldorf including whether we can open up the meeting
10:06:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-520 - Check 16-17 september in Walldorf including whether we can open up the meeting [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].
10:10:01 [fsasaki]
10:13:54 [fsasaki]
action: felix to check "ITS teaching" in HTML5
10:13:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-521 - Check "ITS teaching" in HTML5 [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].
10:14:04 [fsasaki]
10:17:26 [fsasaki]
action: jirka to put ITS2 content to web platform dot org after we have reached PR / PR - due 1 October
10:17:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-522 - put ITS2 content to web platform dot org after we have reached PR / PR [on Jirka Kosek - due 2013-10-01].
10:19:06 [fsasaki]
action: arle to create content describing ITS2 for pitching for the LSPs
10:19:06 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-523 - Create content describing ITS2 for pitching for the LSPs [on Arle Lommel - due 2013-05-15].
10:19:18 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS" in Gala
10:19:25 [fsasaki]
10:23:12 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS 2.0 logo
10:28:03 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS2 spec progress
10:28:21 [fsasaki]
next week wednesday call, decide to publish new "last call" draft
10:29:45 [fsasaki]
10:30:58 [fsasaki]
10:31:34 [fsasaki]
publish 14 June PR draft. then 4 weeks review.
10:31:45 [fsasaki]
final ITS2 spec mid July or end of July
11:38:25 [tadej]
tadej has joined #mlw-lt
11:38:31 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #mlw-lt
11:39:03 [mdelolmo]
mdelolmo has joined #mlw-lt
11:39:33 [Ankit]
no problem..
11:41:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
11:46:35 [pnietoca]
pnietoca has joined #mlw-lt
11:49:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
11:55:21 [fsasaki]
topic: deliverables
11:55:23 [fsasaki]
11:55:40 [Milan]
Milan has joined #mlw-lt
11:58:02 [fsasaki]
ankit reporting on deep web training
11:58:07 [fsasaki]
ankit: planning to finish in august
11:58:26 [fsasaki]
.. will show at FEISGILTT progress
11:58:34 [fsasaki]
.. MT training with two language pairs
11:58:42 [fsasaki]
.. german-spanish, spanish-english
11:58:43 [Jirka]
Jirka has joined #mlw-lt
11:59:02 [fsasaki]
.. will show whether we can use ITS data to train translation model / language model
11:59:23 [fsasaki]
.. looking on hiring an intern to work on this
12:01:46 [fsasaki]
dave: how do you use ITS markup during training? filtering training corpora based on markup or using markup insdie the training corpora?
12:02:17 [fsasaki]
ankit: two steps - just use for e.g. domain tuning. next step, e.g. terminology and translate tags: these are used during translation model training
12:02:30 [fsasaki]
.. main goal is to use ITS tags inside training
12:02:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
12:04:03 [fsasaki]
mt service discussion - service will run by 22 may
12:04:10 [fsasaki]
12:05:17 [fsasaki]
pablo: D4.2.1 and D4.2.2 - plan to finish by the end of June
12:09:05 [leroy]
leroy has joined #mlw-lt
12:09:47 [fsasaki]
felix: will schedule a call early may. You then can get feedback on current state of D4.2.1 and D4.2.2 . Need to get draft showcase and draft report by then.
12:11:13 [leroy]
present+ leroy
12:14:41 [fsasaki]
D3.1.5 "Report on LT-Web Processing in the CMS"
12:15:07 [fsasaki]
D3.2.3 "Report on Showcases" - VistaTEC
12:15:16 [fsasaki]
s/CMS"/CMS" - Cocomore
12:15:34 [fsasaki]
D4.2.2 Report on Online MT System - Linguaserve
12:18:37 [fsasaki]
template for reports
12:19:39 [Pedro]
Pedro has joined #mlw-lt
12:29:43 [fsasaki]
felix: for june f2f goal is to have three summary reports in draft stage. All should contain information about state of implementations. In june f2f we will just look at the summary reports to judge what implemnetation is on track
12:37:33 [mdelolmo]
mdelolmo has joined #mlw-lt
12:38:35 [fsasaki]
felix: please make sure that you can do the committments done in the gdocs (sent link offline)
12:41:38 [fsasaki]
12:41:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
12:46:10 [fsasaki]
action: arle to add a paragraph about the ITS2 showcase to the rome report
12:46:10 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-524 - Add a paragraph about the ITS2 showcase to the rome report [on Arle Lommel - due 2013-05-15].
12:47:48 [fsasaki]
12:47:59 [Arle]
Arle has joined #mlw-lt
12:48:30 [fsasaki]
action: felix to add workshho hp links to deliverables page
12:48:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-525 - Add workshho hp links to deliverables page [on Felix Sasaki - due 2013-05-15].
12:49:18 [fsasaki]
12:52:30 [leroy]
go to meetingcall has cut out
12:55:23 [fsasaki]
12:55:23 [fsasaki]
topic: changes for translate and elements within text
12:55:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
12:55:39 [fsasaki]
12:57:22 [fsasaki]
12:57:27 [fsasaki]
see the "translate" cell with info about html5
12:58:41 [fsasaki]
12:58:57 [fsasaki]
about elements within text: For XML content: withinText="no". For HTML5 phrasing content: withinText="yes".
12:59:09 [fsasaki]
html5 phrasing content:
13:08:29 [fsasaki]
action: arle to check logo "contest" options
13:08:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-526 - Check logo "contest" options [on Arle Lommel - due 2013-05-15].
13:08:56 [Milan]
13:20:27 [fsasaki]
13:22:44 [Jirka]
Jirka has left #mlw-lt
13:22:58 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'draft minute', fsasaki. Try /msg RRSAgent help
13:22:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
13:34:33 [fsasaki]
present+ shaun(implementers-session), philippe(implementers-session)
13:34:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki