W3C

Research and Development Working Group Teleconference

24 Apr 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Yehya, Simon, Annika, Shadi, Klaus, Markel
Regrets
Christos, Markku, Silvia, Yeliz
Chair
Simon
Scribe
Yehya

Contents


Charter Discussions (5m)

<sharper> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/charter4

Simon: sort out charter discussion quickly
... Any additional comments?

<shadi> [@@@ comment from Yeliz: research *questions* versus research *directions*?]

comment1: which research directions?

SAZ: direction fits better than questions!

<sharper> +1

<annika> +1

<klaus> +1

+1

<markel> +1

<sharper> RESOLVED: Change questions to directions

<sharper> RESOLVED: @@@ this paragraph needs updating. just needs udating via Shadi

<sharper> RESOLVED: [@@@ 30 June 2016] just update

<sharper> @@@ comment from Yeliz: would it be useful to add that RDWG is also "Proving a form/platform for researchers to get together and discuss web accessibility research directions"?

SAZ: agrees to Simon that s/research directions/ new research directions/

<shadi> +1 to Annika

Annika: destinction between the RDWG and the external world. This should be clearly stated

Simon: has give himself an action to adapt the scope

<sharper> ACTION: sharper to re-write scope taking Yeliz and Annika. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/24-rd-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-37 - Re-write scope taking Yeliz and Annika. [on Simon Harper - due 2013-05-01].

SAZ: cancel next Wednesday as it is a publich holiday in many countries
... the concept of prioritizing should be changed to documenting

<sharper> @@@ comment from Yeliz: I don't think "internationalization" got enough attention and interest in the group, would it be better to remove it?

<shadi> +1 to Simon

<sharper> Propose to keep internationalisation

<sharper> +1

+1

<markel> +1

<annika> +1

<klaus> +1

<sharper> RESOLVED: Keep Internationalisation

<sharper> [@@@ rename "teleconference" to "online symposia"?]

<markel> +1

<sharper> +1

<klaus> +1

+1

<sharper> RESOLVED: for deliverables 1 and 2

<sharper> [@@@ add "research" in front of "reports"?]

<sharper> +1

<markel> +1

<klaus> +1

+1

<annika> +1

<sharper> RESOLVED: to add the research word

<sharper> [@@@ remove "prioritized" and change to "annotated catalog of research topics" or similar?]

<sharper> +1

<markel> +1

<annika> +1

<klaus> +1

+1

<sharper> RESOLVED: remove "prioritized" and change to "annotated catalog of research topics"

<sharper> [@@@ we should discuss this deliverable in more detail -- is it really going to be a W3C Working Group Note or other format? also think it needs a refined description.]

SAZ: this should be a separate discussion

<sharper> Postpone:

<sharper> Tips for Accessibility-Aware Research: Start-up tips and basic guidance for researchers for incorporating accessibility considerations into their research designs, to be published as a W3C Working Group Note. [@@@ we should discuss this deliverable in more detail -- is it really going to be a W3C Working Group Note or other format? also think it needs a refined description.]

SAZ: better to discuss it with the coordination group

<sharper> [@@@ can we combine this into the "annotated catalog of research topics" above?]

<sharper> I think it can be combined

<sharper> propose combining

<sharper> +1

<klaus> +1

+1

<markel> not sure, we can combine but not merge

<annika> +1

<markel> just want to distinguish "resources" in general and reports

<markel> sorry I unable to make this work

<shadi> +1 to not mixing with "research reports" (point #3)

<sharper> RESOLVED: combine deliverable 4 and 6

Markel: By the combination we should still distiguish reources from reports

<shadi> +1

<sharper> RESOLVED: By the combination we should still distiguish reources from reports

Mobile W3C Note Status (5m)

Simon: Will report to the coordination group about the status of Mobile W3C Note
... any comments or issues about that?

User Modelling Call (10m)

<markel> YM: we have created a draft call containing the announcements

http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Call_for_Papers:_User_Modelling_for_Accessibility_%28UM4A%29_Online_Symposium_15_July_2013

http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/CfP_Email:_User_Modelling_for_Accessibility_(UM4A)

<markel> YM: we have created an email draft too

<markel> YM: any comments are welcome

<markel> YM: so that we can update the calls and email accordingly

http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/CfP_Email:_User_Modelling_for_Accessibility_%28UM4A%29

<markel> YM: my question to SAZ and SH is about the scientific committee. How should I proceed?

<markel> SH: I would suggest to put an email asking whether somebody from the group is skilled to do so.

<markel> SAZ: we can also have people from outside the group. There should be an email template to invite people to the PC.

<markel> SH: the only issue with the draft there seems to be a number of problems on the above links

<markel> YM: I can fix that, you mean HTML tags?

<markel> SH: yes, there are some square brackets

<markel> YM: I'll fix them

<markel> YM: what about the dates?

<markel> SH: they are realistic

<markel> dates look good to me

<markel> SH: the coordination group is aware of the dates, if only we could make the changes

<markel> YM: I'll do that

Easy to Read W3C Note Status (40m)

<sharper> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2012/easy-to-read/note/ED-E2R.html

SH: we can postpone to next time or go line by line now?

<annika> I have to leave now for another meeting. I'll send my comments on the E2R note by email.

SH: paragraph #1 on cognitive disabilities and and

<annika> bye

SH: happy with the abstract
... 3rd paragraph
... Introduction is good - only the mentioned two changes should be made

<klaus> other mic seems not to work, sorry

<sharper> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2012/easy-to-read/note/ED-E2R.html#C2

SH: next time to start onsection 2 Background and related work

<klaus> Am happy to take any comments for changes via email (-:

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: sharper to re-write scope taking Yeliz and Annika. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/04/24-rd-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-04-24 19:16:55 $