IRC log of html-wg on 2013-03-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

00:09:14 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
00:09:14 [gitbot]
01[13html01] 15rubys pushed 1 new commit to 06feature/whatwg: 02https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/0302d9f83361c54c2978ab10aa50a3b7cbb718b7
00:09:14 [gitbot]
13html/06feature/whatwg 140302d9f 15ianh: [e] (0) Fix some typos or copypasta....
00:09:14 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
01:57:20 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
02:04:44 [glenn_]
glenn_ has joined #html-wg
02:06:03 [glenn]
glenn has joined #html-wg
04:19:38 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
04:40:30 [cabanier]
cabanier has joined #html-wg
05:33:53 [glenn]
glenn has joined #html-wg
07:06:16 [Steve]
Steve has joined #html-wg
07:10:57 [sawrubh]
sawrubh has joined #html-wg
07:20:32 [stommepoes]
stommepoes has joined #html-wg
07:38:46 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
08:24:29 [tobie]
tobie has joined #html-wg
08:26:56 [cabanier]
cabanier has joined #html-wg
09:24:19 [nonge]
nonge has joined #html-wg
09:25:13 [nonge_]
nonge_ has joined #html-wg
10:13:30 [abarsto]
abarsto has joined #html-wg
10:21:11 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-wg
10:22:23 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-wg
10:23:34 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-wg
10:39:20 [tmpsantos]
tmpsantos has joined #html-wg
10:44:09 [IanPouncey1]
IanPouncey1 has joined #html-wg
10:45:20 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-wg
10:46:32 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-wg
11:12:46 [NeatBasis]
NeatBasis has joined #html-wg
11:27:15 [abarsto]
abarsto has joined #html-wg
12:22:15 [plh]
plh has joined #html-wg
13:30:26 [davidb]
davidb has joined #html-wg
13:43:39 [glenn]
glenn has joined #html-wg
13:55:46 [stommepoes]
Opera the only browser getting this right? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5d/Hall_janko_graph.svg interesting...
13:58:01 [ed]
stommepoes: guessing it's the leading space in some of the attributes
14:03:23 [stommepoes]
Must be Opera ignores them...
14:19:56 [plh]
plh has joined #html-wg
15:00:05 [ed]
stommepoes: I think there are some svg editors that also allow leading (and possibly trailing) whitespace in numerical attributes in svg (see: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2004Oct/0001.html)
15:10:07 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-wg
15:11:19 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-wg
15:24:29 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-wg
15:24:49 [stommepoes]
ed: thanks. Turns out someone at wikipedia had already flagged the spaces in the attributes as an error, though likely only because some browsers were obvious about it : )
15:56:53 [Bin_Hu]
Bin_Hu has joined #html-wg
15:56:53 [krisk]
krisk has joined #html-wg
15:58:57 [rubys]
rubys has joined #html-wg
16:00:25 [jaymunro]
jaymunro has joined #html-wg
16:00:28 [rubys]
trackbot, start meeting
16:00:31 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:00:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-wg
16:00:33 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
16:00:33 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
16:00:34 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
16:00:34 [trackbot]
Date: 28 March 2013
16:00:36 [Clarke]
Clarke has joined #html-wg
16:00:50 [paulc]
paulc has joined #html-wg
16:01:06 [Zakim]
+Clarke
16:01:15 [paulc]
zakim, what is the code?
16:01:15 [Zakim]
the conference code is 4865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), paulc
16:01:24 [Bin_Hu]
Presence+ Bin
16:01:32 [Zakim]
+Daniel
16:01:53 [adrianba]
adrianba has joined #html-wg
16:02:01 [Zakim]
-Bin
16:02:02 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:02:09 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
16:02:14 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft] is me
16:02:14 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
16:02:20 [paulc]
zakim, [Microsoft.a] is me
16:02:20 [Zakim]
+paulc; got it
16:02:29 [Zakim]
+Bin
16:02:34 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:02:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/03/28-html-wg-minutes.html ArtB
16:02:53 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:03:10 [krisk]
Zakim, [Microsoft] is krisk
16:03:10 [Zakim]
+krisk; got it
16:03:28 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
16:03:28 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:03:35 [jaymunro]
zakim, [Microsoft] has me
16:03:35 [Zakim]
+jaymunro; got it
16:04:06 [Bin_Hu]
Thank you Art
16:04:12 [Bin_Hu]
Present+ Bin
16:04:19 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
16:04:19 [paulc]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:04:19 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sam, +1.206.850.aaaa, Clarke, Daniel, adrianba, paulc, Bin, krisk, Cynthia_Shelly, [Microsoft]
16:04:22 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has jaymunro
16:04:26 [MarkS]
MarkS has joined #html-wg
16:04:51 [krisk]
scribe: krisk
16:04:54 [rubys]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013JanMar/0029.html
16:05:01 [krisk]
chair: mjs
16:05:04 [MFoladare]
MFoladare has joined #html-wg
16:05:13 [paulc]
zakim, [aaaa] is eliot
16:05:13 [Zakim]
sorry, paulc, I do not recognize a party named '[aaaa]'
16:05:26 [rubys]
zakim, aaaa is eliot
16:05:27 [Zakim]
+eliot; got it
16:05:40 [Zakim]
+Radhika_Roy
16:05:45 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.595.aabb
16:05:49 [paulc]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:05:49 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sam, eliot, Clarke, Daniel, adrianba, paulc, Bin, krisk, Cynthia_Shelly, [Microsoft], Radhika_Roy, +1.415.595.aabb
16:05:52 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has jaymunro
16:05:54 [mjs]
Zakim, +1.415.595.aabb is me
16:05:54 [Zakim]
+mjs; got it
16:06:15 [Zakim]
+Mark_Sadecki
16:06:22 [Zakim]
-Mark_Sadecki
16:06:42 [krisk]
TOPIC: Face to Face meeting in April
16:07:20 [Zakim]
+Mark_Sadecki
16:07:30 [mjs]
https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html-april-2013/
16:07:38 [krisk]
mjs: Please do register if you plan on attending
16:07:41 [krisk]
mjs: Reminder - register: https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html-april-2013/
16:08:13 [krisk]
mjs: Meetings have been productive, so please attend if you can make the F2F meeting
16:08:50 [krisk]
paulc: April 5th is the end of the registration
16:09:04 [krisk]
mjs: any other questions or comments?
16:09:22 [krisk]
TOPIC: Task Force Reports
16:09:31 [krisk]
subtopic: Testing Task Force
16:11:10 [krisk]
krisk: we met as planned on the 3/26
16:11:13 [krisk]
Notes -> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2013Mar/0020.html
16:11:35 [krisk]
We have started to classify all the sections in the specification
16:11:42 [Zakim]
+Plh
16:12:04 [krisk]
such that we can identify sections that have no tests and have normative requirements
16:12:28 [krisk]
This should help people focus on what areas in the spec need tests
16:12:39 [krisk]
We'll document this on the Wiki as well
16:12:51 [krisk]
* OK I'm ready for next subtopic
16:13:03 [krisk]
SUBTOPIC: Accessibility Task Force
16:13:44 [krisk]
mjs: anyone avaible to report?
16:14:02 [Steve]
I am around on IRC
16:14:26 [krisk]
paulc: The meeting normally occurs today (right before this meeting) and was canceled due to travel and upcoming Holiday
16:14:39 [krisk]
mjs: steve feel free to add comments via IRC
16:14:55 [paulc]
EME has 39 bugs outstanding. EME met on Tue and discussed outstanding bugs.
16:15:06 [krisk]
TOPIC: Media Task Force
16:15:10 [Steve]
mjs: i actually have little to say, have been out sick all week
16:15:33 [paulc]
MSE bug count is much lower and we expect to publish a WD very soon.
16:16:37 [krisk]
paulc: I have an outstanding working to complete the 15 bugs filed on the EME spec
16:16:56 [krisk]
mjs: any other comments or questions for the task force reports?
16:16:59 [krisk]
mjs: I head none
16:17:07 [krisk]
TOPIC: Other Business
16:17:30 [krisk]
mjs: We have none in the agenda, though does anyone have any items they would like to discuss?
16:17:47 [krisk]
plh: What is the status with the Microdata spec?
16:17:52 [Steve]
mjs: status of hgroup
16:18:21 [Steve]
in HTML5 CR
16:18:38 [krisk]
paulc: The CR transition discovered that a section was missing and no one noticed
16:18:56 [rubys]
section that was dropped: http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/WD-microdata-20120329/#other-changes-to-html5
16:18:59 [krisk]
paulc: robin was looking for when and why this was removed
16:19:28 [krisk]
paulc: the editors are discussing how to fix this missing section and the chairs have asked to bring this to the working group
16:20:15 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:20:27 [krisk]
paulc: sam do you have any more comments?
16:20:38 [krisk]
rubys: nope, please see the link
16:21:07 [krisk]
mjs: Steve would you like to comment on hgroup?
16:21:16 [krisk]
steve: I just wanted to know the status?
16:21:40 [krisk]
steve: I had asked this to be removed in Mid-March
16:22:01 [Steve]
zakim, [IPCALLER] is me
16:22:01 [Zakim]
+Steve; got it
16:22:13 [krisk]
mjs: I don't believe anyone has objected and we don't have any tests or implementaions
16:22:35 [krisk]
plh: do we need a CFC for this?
16:22:47 [mjs]
This is the process: http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy-v3.html#cr-remove-early
16:22:48 [paulc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2012Dec/0073.html
16:22:54 [krisk]
paulc: We did have a time frame and this ended in Mid-March
16:23:14 [stommepoes]
stommepoes has left #html-wg
16:23:24 [krisk]
paulc: I believe we have given people time to object and now the chairs can decide to do the removal
16:23:37 [krisk]
paulc: Thanks for the reminder
16:24:45 [krisk]
steve: I would hope we have a discussion on what changes could be made to hgroup for the 5.1 spec
16:24:59 [krisk]
mjs: Any other items to discuss?
16:25:06 [krisk]
mjs: I hear none
16:25:08 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
16:25:24 [krisk]
TOPIC: Scribe for next meeting
16:25:33 [paulc]
Paul will be chairing next week.
16:25:49 [Zakim]
-Steve
16:25:49 [krisk]
mjs: we need one for next week, if you can help please do so
16:25:50 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
16:25:50 [Zakim]
-Clarke
16:25:50 [paulc]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:25:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/03/28-html-wg-minutes.html paulc
16:25:51 [Zakim]
-Daniel
16:25:51 [Zakim]
-Sam
16:25:52 [Zakim]
-Plh
16:25:55 [Zakim]
-eliot
16:25:56 [Zakim]
-Radhika_Roy
16:25:57 [Zakim]
-Bin
16:25:57 [Zakim]
-mjs
16:26:00 [Zakim]
-Mark_Sadecki
16:26:03 [Zakim]
-krisk
16:26:10 [Zakim]
-adrianba
16:29:17 [Zakim]
-paulc
16:29:19 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
16:29:19 [Zakim]
Attendees were Bin, Sam, +1.206.850.aaaa, Clarke, Daniel, adrianba, paulc, krisk, Cynthia_Shelly, jaymunro, eliot, Radhika_Roy, mjs, Mark_Sadecki, Plh, Steve
16:40:48 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
16:42:39 [glenn]
glenn has joined #html-wg
17:32:05 [MarkS]
MarkS has joined #html-wg
17:49:38 [sawrubh]
sawrubh has joined #html-wg
17:52:00 [abarsto]
abarsto has joined #html-wg
18:00:55 [arronei]
arronei has joined #html-wg
18:24:37 [stommepoes]
stommepoes has joined #html-wg
18:27:58 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #html-wg
18:34:14 [stommepoes]
stommepoes has left #html-wg
18:47:45 [glenn]
glenn has joined #html-wg
18:50:26 [cabanier]
cabanier has joined #html-wg
18:57:10 [arronei]
arronei has joined #html-wg
19:21:02 [arronei]
arronei has joined #html-wg
19:31:10 [glenn]
glenn has joined #html-wg
20:03:41 [johndrinkwater]
johndrinkwater has joined #html-wg
20:19:20 [tobie]
tobie has joined #html-wg
20:26:38 [sawrubh]
sawrubh has joined #html-wg
21:19:17 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
21:44:46 [NeatBasis]
NeatBasis has joined #html-wg
22:09:14 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
22:09:14 [gitbot]
01[13html01] 15rubys pushed 1 new commit to 06feature/whatwg: 02https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/f4b6d82e6486f1fb08bb09a081bc7eae5c9b52ea
22:09:14 [gitbot]
13html/06feature/whatwg 14f4b6d82 15ianh: [e] (0) Move prose into WebIDL...
22:09:14 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
23:09:12 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
23:09:12 [gitbot]
01[13html01] 15rubys pushed 1 new commit to 06feature/whatwg: 02https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/2c9782fa47f09b6fb58aa384008709c10999e0c5
23:09:12 [gitbot]
13html/06feature/whatwg 142c9782f 15ianh: [e] (0) tweak some class=impl markings...
23:09:12 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
23:18:39 [tobie]
tobie has joined #html-wg
23:29:20 [MarkS]
MarkS has joined #html-wg