IRC log of rd on 2013-03-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:26:34 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rd
14:26:34 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-rd-irc
14:26:36 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:26:38 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
14:26:38 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()10:30AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
14:26:39 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
14:26:39 [trackbot]
Date: 27 March 2013
14:27:47 [Luz]
Luz has joined #rd
14:29:21 [Luz]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
14:29:21 [Zakim]
sorry, Luz, I do not recognize a party named '[IPcaller]'
14:29:35 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:29:35 [Zakim]
I notice WAI_RDWG()10:30AM has restarted
14:29:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P0, [IPcaller], Shadi
14:29:40 [Yehya]
Yehya has joined #rd
14:29:46 [shadi]
zakim, this is rdwg
14:29:46 [Zakim]
shadi, this was already WAI_RDWG()10:30AM
14:29:47 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; that matches WAI_RDWG()10:30AM
14:29:48 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:29:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P0, [IPcaller], Shadi
14:30:06 [klaus]
zakim, ??P0 is me
14:30:06 [Zakim]
+klaus; got it
14:30:22 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
14:30:22 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
14:30:33 [Luz]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
14:30:33 [Zakim]
+Luz; got it
14:30:39 [Luz]
zakim, mute me
14:30:39 [Zakim]
Luz should now be muted
14:30:43 [Zakim]
+??P5
14:30:56 [kmatausc]
kmatausc has joined #rd
14:31:15 [sharper]
sharper has joined #rd
14:31:17 [Zakim]
+ +1.228.943.aaaa
14:31:29 [sharper]
zakim, agenda?
14:31:29 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
14:31:30 [Zakim]
8. New Layouts and progress in moving to this style (5m) [from shawn via shadi]
14:31:30 [Zakim]
9. Issues and Actions (Standing Item): [from shadi]
14:31:30 [Zakim]
10. Any Other Business (Standing Item) [from sharper via shadi]
14:31:40 [sharper]
trackbot, start meeting
14:31:42 [sharper]
zakim, please clear the agenda
14:31:42 [Zakim]
agenda cleared
14:31:42 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:31:44 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7394
14:31:44 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_RDWG()10:30AM scheduled to start now
14:31:45 [trackbot]
Meeting: Research and Development Working Group Teleconference
14:31:45 [trackbot]
Date: 27 March 2013
14:31:56 [kmatausc]
Zakim?? P5 is me
14:31:59 [Yehya]
zakim, 1.228.943.aaaa is me
14:31:59 [Zakim]
sorry, Yehya, I do not recognize a party named '1.228.943.aaaa'
14:32:06 [sharper]
Agenda+ Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments) [sharper]
14:32:07 [sharper]
Agenda+ F2F Discussion - Needs Finalising for Travel Arrangements (5m)
14:32:07 [sharper]
[shadi]
14:32:07 [sharper]
Agenda+ Metrics W3C Note move to Release (5m) [shadi]
14:32:08 [sharper]
Agenda+ Mobile W3C Note move to Editors Draft (5m) [sharper]
14:32:08 [sharper]
Agenda+ Easy to Read W3C move to Internal Draft (5m) [klaus]
14:32:09 [sharper]
Agenda+ Charter Update http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/charter3 | Exemplar - http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2010/uawg_charter
14:32:09 [sharper]
Agenda+ Text Customisation W3C Note Status (5m) [shawn/david]
14:32:09 [sharper]
Agenda+ User Modelling Topic Plans (5m) [Yehya/All]
14:32:10 [sharper]
Agenda+ Haptics and Smart Signs Topic Plans (5m) [Markku/All]
14:32:10 [sharper]
Agenda+ New Layouts and progress in moving to this style (5m) [shawn]
14:32:10 [sharper]
Agenda+ Issues and Actions (Standing Item):
14:32:10 [sharper]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/tracker/ [sharper]
14:32:11 [sharper]
Agenda+ Any Other Business (Standing Item) [sharper]
14:32:16 [sharper]
zakim, save agenda
14:32:18 [shadi]
zakim, ??p5 is kmatausc
14:32:29 [Zakim]
ok, sharper, the agenda has been written to http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-rd-agenda.rdf
14:32:30 [sharper]
regrets: Peter, Silvia
14:32:31 [Zakim]
I already had ??P5 as ??P5, shadi
14:32:38 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 1
14:32:38 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments)" taken up [from sharper]
14:32:39 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:32:41 [Zakim]
I notice WAI_RDWG()10:30AM has restarted
14:32:41 [Zakim]
On the phone I see klaus (muted), Luz (muted), Shadi, ??P5, +1.228.943.aaaa
14:32:47 [shadi]
zakim, ??p5 is kmatausc
14:32:49 [sharper]
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/scribes>
14:32:51 [Zakim]
+kmatausc; got it
14:32:59 [kmatausc]
Zakim, ??P5 is me
14:32:59 [Zakim]
I already had ??P5 as kmatausc, kmatausc
14:33:14 [kmatausc]
Zakim, mute me
14:33:14 [Zakim]
kmatausc should now be muted
14:33:35 [Zakim]
+??P7
14:33:41 [sharper]
zakim, ??P7 is sharper
14:33:41 [Zakim]
+sharper; got it
14:34:00 [giorgio]
giorgio has joined #rd
14:34:11 [Yehya]
zakim, +1.228.943.aaaa is me
14:34:13 [Zakim]
+Yehya; got it
14:34:46 [Zakim]
+??P8
14:35:16 [giorgio]
zakim, ??P8 is giorgio
14:35:16 [Zakim]
+giorgio; got it
14:35:34 [kmatausc]
I'll try. yes
14:35:42 [kmatausc]
Zakim, unmute me
14:35:42 [Zakim]
kmatausc should no longer be muted
14:36:04 [markel]
markel has joined #rd
14:37:00 [Zakim]
+??P9
14:37:10 [markel]
zakim, ??P9 is markel
14:37:10 [kmatausc]
zakim, close item 1 zakim, take up item 2
14:37:24 [kmatausc]
Zakim, mute me
14:37:37 [Zakim]
+markel; got it
14:37:38 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close item 1 zakim, take up item 2', kmatausc
14:37:38 [Zakim]
kmatausc should now be muted
14:37:52 [sharper]
zakim, close item 1
14:37:52 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Welcome & Logistics (Regrets, Agenda Requests, Comments), closed
14:37:52 [sharper]
zakim, take up item 2
14:37:52 [Zakim]
I see 11 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:37:52 [Zakim]
2. F2F Discussion - Needs Finalising for Travel Arrangements (5m) [from sharper]
14:37:52 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "F2F Discussion - Needs Finalising for Travel Arrangements (5m)" taken up [from sharper]
14:39:10 [kmatausc]
News on F2F discussions: Shadi - need room, try to organise a room this week.
14:39:28 [kmatausc]
zakim, close item 2
14:39:28 [Zakim]
agendum 2, F2F Discussion - Needs Finalising for Travel Arrangements (5m), closed
14:39:30 [Zakim]
I see 10 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:39:30 [Zakim]
3. Metrics W3C Note move to Release (5m) [from shadi via sharper]
14:39:36 [kmatausc]
Zakim, take up item 3
14:39:36 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Metrics W3C Note move to Release (5m) " taken up [from shadi via sharper]
14:39:54 [yeliz]
yeliz has joined #rd
14:40:26 [kmatausc]
Shadi - latest update from Georgio. Review can start this week.
14:40:32 [kmatausc]
Zakim, close 3
14:40:32 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'close 3', kmatausc
14:40:39 [kmatausc]
Zakim, take up item 4
14:40:39 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Mobile W3C Note move to Editors Draft (5m) " taken up [from sharper]
14:40:43 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2012/mobile/note/ED-mobile-20130326
14:40:51 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:41:01 [yeliz]
zakim, [IPcaller] is yeliz
14:41:01 [Zakim]
+yeliz; got it
14:41:04 [kmatausc]
Editor's draft ready to be reviewed
14:41:06 [yeliz]
zakim, mute me
14:41:06 [Zakim]
yeliz should now be muted
14:41:30 [yeliz]
Good news
14:41:39 [yeliz]
Just joined the call on right time
14:41:39 [yeliz]
:)
14:41:46 [mhakkinen]
mhakkinen has joined #rd
14:41:54 [kmatausc]
Editor's draft version available to be reviewed by RDWG; inviting people
14:42:19 [yeliz]
:)
14:42:23 [kmatausc]
Zakim, close item 4
14:42:23 [Zakim]
agendum 4, Mobile W3C Note move to Editors Draft (5m) , closed
14:42:24 [Zakim]
I see 9 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:42:24 [Zakim]
3. Metrics W3C Note move to Release (5m) [from shadi via sharper]
14:42:28 [kmatausc]
Zakim, take up item 5
14:42:28 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Easy to Read W3C move to Internal Draft (5m) " taken up [from klaus via sharper]
14:42:35 [klaus]
zakim, unmute me
14:42:35 [Zakim]
klaus should no longer be muted
14:43:21 [kmatausc]
Klaus - first draft version will be ready by tomorrow
14:43:30 [kmatausc]
Shadi will put the draft version online
14:43:46 [klaus]
zakim, mute me
14:43:47 [kmatausc]
Zakim, close item 5
14:43:48 [Zakim]
klaus should now be muted
14:43:48 [Zakim]
agendum 5, Easy to Read W3C move to Internal Draft (5m) , closed
14:43:48 [Zakim]
I see 8 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:43:48 [Zakim]
3. Metrics W3C Note move to Release (5m) [from shadi via sharper]
14:43:50 [kmatausc]
Zakim, take up item 6
14:43:50 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Charter Update http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/charter3 | Exemplar - http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2010/uawg_charter" taken up [from sharper]
14:46:16 [christos]
christos has joined #rd
14:46:33 [kmatausc]
Simon - new charter should be avaiable in June 2013 - extension of charter regarding targets, meetings - RDWG members shall see through the version of the charter till Mid of April.
14:46:47 [Zakim]
+??P11
14:47:01 [christos]
zakim, ??P11 is me
14:47:01 [Zakim]
+christos; got it
14:47:11 [christos]
zakim, mute me
14:47:11 [Zakim]
christos should now be muted
14:47:15 [kmatausc]
Shadi invites RDWG members to make additional proposals for the charter.
14:47:54 [kmatausc]
Zakim, close item 6
14:47:54 [Zakim]
agendum 6, Charter Update http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/charter3 | Exemplar - http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2010/uawg_charter, closed
14:47:56 [Zakim]
I see 7 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:47:56 [Zakim]
3. Metrics W3C Note move to Release (5m) [from shadi via sharper]
14:47:59 [kmatausc]
Zakim, take up item 7
14:47:59 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Text Customisation W3C Note Status (5m) " taken up [from shawn/david via sharper]
14:48:19 [sharper]
I can report on the TC4R Research Note agenda item that Shawn and I had a short talk yesterday, and are meeting again tomorrow to agree actions for thebest couple of weeks to develop the draft to a point where it's ready for wider review and comment.
14:49:08 [shadi]
+1 to timeline!
14:49:30 [kmatausc]
Update by David: TC4R research note is in progress. Proposals welcom
14:49:37 [kmatausc]
Zakim, close item 7
14:49:37 [Zakim]
agendum 7, Text Customisation W3C Note Status (5m) , closed
14:49:38 [Zakim]
I see 6 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:49:38 [Zakim]
3. Metrics W3C Note move to Release (5m) [from shadi via sharper]
14:49:41 [kmatausc]
Zakim, take up item 8
14:49:41 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "User Modelling Topic Plans (5m)" taken up [from Yehya/All via sharper]
14:50:32 [kmatausc]
Symposium will take place around July 10th
14:50:51 [kmatausc]
Shadi - sufficient time for preparation
14:51:08 [christos]
Sounds good for me too...
14:52:33 [kmatausc]
The symposium might take place on Monday, July 15th
14:52:37 [christos]
ack me
14:52:56 [shadi]
q+
14:53:10 [sharper]
ack shadi
14:53:12 [shadi]
ack me
14:53:15 [christos]
mute me
14:53:22 [christos]
zakim, mute me
14:53:22 [Zakim]
christos should now be muted
14:53:24 [kmatausc]
Christos - further progress to be discussed during next RDWG meeting.
14:55:46 [giorgio]
yes, just a few minor details.
14:56:04 [kmatausc]
Shadi - just minor changes
14:56:36 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/2011/metrics/note/ED-metrics-20121114.html
14:56:58 [kmatausc]
Zakim, close item 8
14:56:58 [Zakim]
agendum 8, User Modelling Topic Plans (5m), closed
14:57:00 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
14:57:00 [Zakim]
3. Metrics W3C Note move to Release (5m) [from shadi via sharper]
14:57:05 [kmatausc]
Zakim, take up item 9
14:57:05 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "Haptics and Smart Signs Topic Plans (5m)" taken up [from Markku/All via sharper]
14:57:58 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:57:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see klaus (muted), Luz (muted), Shadi, kmatausc (muted), Yehya, sharper, giorgio, markel, yeliz (muted), christos (muted)
14:58:32 [kmatausc]
Simon - would need Mark for further information
14:59:00 [kmatausc]
Simon - any other business?
15:00:01 [Luz]
I am still working on the data regarding the font types (I will send it to Shadi as soon as I have it).
15:00:13 [kmatausc]
Simon - please look at the Mobile notes
15:01:24 [kmatausc]
Shadi - draft version are usually discussed within the editor's group.
15:01:46 [kmatausc]
Simon will send an e-mail and invite people to send their proposals
15:02:04 [kmatausc]
next week - no meeting
15:02:06 [kmatausc]
welcome ;)
15:02:09 [yeliz]
Have a great Easter
15:02:15 [markel]
bye!
15:02:15 [Luz]
Good Easter :-)
15:02:15 [yeliz]
byee
15:02:17 [Luz]
Bye bye
15:02:18 [christos]
goodbye
15:02:18 [giorgio]
happy Easter to you all. bye
15:02:20 [klaus]
bye
15:02:20 [markel]
markel has left #rd
15:02:21 [Zakim]
-Yehya
15:02:22 [Zakim]
-yeliz
15:02:23 [Zakim]
-Shadi
15:02:24 [kmatausc]
Zakim, unmute me
15:02:24 [Zakim]
kmatausc should no longer be muted
15:02:24 [Zakim]
-sharper
15:02:25 [Zakim]
-giorgio
15:02:29 [Zakim]
-Luz
15:02:30 [Zakim]
-klaus
15:02:36 [Zakim]
-markel
15:02:47 [shadi]
trackbot, end meeting
15:02:47 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
15:02:47 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Shadi, klaus, Luz, kmatausc, sharper, Yehya, giorgio, markel, yeliz, christos
15:02:55 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:02:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/03/27-rd-minutes.html trackbot
15:02:56 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
15:02:56 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items