IRC log of dap on 2013-03-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:13:15 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #dap
13:13:15 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/03/13-dap-irc
13:13:17 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:13:17 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #dap
13:13:19 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DAP
13:13:19 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see UW_DAP()10:00AM scheduled to start in 47 minutes
13:13:20 [trackbot]
Meeting: Device APIs Working Group Teleconference
13:13:20 [trackbot]
Date: 13 March 2013
13:18:41 [fjh]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0008.html
13:19:05 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick_Hirsch
13:19:25 [fjh]
Present+ Frederick_Hirsch
13:19:54 [fjh]
fjh has changed the topic to: dap 3279 ; agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0008.html
13:49:17 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #dap
13:55:54 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has now started
13:56:00 [Zakim]
+Josh_Soref
13:57:00 [dcheng3]
dcheng3 has joined #dap
14:00:03 [AnssiK]
AnssiK has joined #dap
14:01:38 [Zakim]
+dcheng3
14:01:39 [Zakim]
+??P20
14:01:42 [AnssiK]
zakim, ??P20 is me
14:01:42 [Zakim]
+AnssiK; got it
14:01:48 [AnssiK]
Present+ Anssi_Kostiainen
14:01:58 [Zakim]
+lgombos
14:02:12 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:02:15 [lgombos]
Present+ Laszlo_Gombos
14:02:20 [fjh]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
14:02:20 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
14:02:25 [fjh]
ScribeNick: fjh
14:02:36 [fjh]
Topic: Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements
14:02:36 [dcheng3]
Present+ Diana_Cheng
14:03:10 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
14:03:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Josh_Soref, dcheng3, AnssiK, lgombos, fjh
14:03:11 [Zakim]
On IRC I see AnssiK, dcheng3, lgombos, Zakim, RRSAgent, fjh, jeffh, dom, tobie, slightlyoff, Josh_Soref, mounir, trackbot
14:05:33 [fjh]
Note: This meeting is at regular ET time; this makes it an hour earlier in Europe due to different in daylight savings time, see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2013Mar/0001.html
14:05:45 [fjh]
SysApps 'Contacts Manager API' : FPWD published http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-contacts-manager-api-20130307/
14:06:08 [fjh]
Topic: Minutes approval
14:06:44 [AnssiK_]
AnssiK_ has joined #dap
14:06:46 [fjh]
fjh: Approve minutes from 6 March http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/att-0009/minutes-2013-03-06.html
14:07:01 [fjh]
RESOLUTION: Minutes from 6 March 2013 are approved
14:07:38 [fjh]
Topic: F2F Planning
14:07:49 [fjh]
Questionnaire completed 12 March, https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43696/2013-06-f2f/results
14:08:22 [Cathy]
Cathy has joined #dap
14:08:27 [fjh]
fjh: Slight preference for first week (also likely better for team contact and have reservation) , stronger preference for mid-week.
14:08:38 [fjh]
proposed RESOLUTION: next DAP F2F to be held in Dusseldorf 4-6 June 2013.
14:09:08 [fjh]
RESOLUTION: next DAP F2F to be held in Dusseldorf 4-6 June 2013.
14:09:47 [fjh]
fjh: caveat that having f2f will depend on having appropriate work for F2F, such as WebIntents proposal and progress for example
14:10:04 [fjh]
fjh: Diana can you please reserve the room for that time
14:10:11 [fjh]
dcheng3: yes
14:10:12 [fjh]
fjh: thanks
14:10:39 [fjh]
fjh: fyi on TPAC, will decide later this month regarding DAP meeting - TPAC 2013: Nov 18-22 in Shenzhen - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Jan/0095.html
14:10:57 [fjh]
Topic: Network Service Discovery
14:11:20 [fjh]
fjh: awaiting editorial update from Rich, any other need for discussion?
14:11:25 [fjh]
no discussion
14:11:34 [fjh]
Topic: HTML Media Capture
14:11:48 [fjh]
CfC for CR publication ending 19 March, please respond: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0007.html
14:12:47 [fjh]
fjh: we should close Doug's last call comments by monday unless a concern arises in which case it will be treated as CfC response, CfC ends on Tuesday.
14:12:51 [fjh]
fjh: please reply
14:13:29 [fjh]
fjh: working to arrange publication, thanks Anssi for editorial work
14:13:54 [fjh]
ACTION: fjh to prepare transition request for HTML Media Capture
14:13:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-623 - Prepare transition request for HTML Media Capture [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2013-03-20].
14:13:57 [Josh_Soref]
Zakim, mute me
14:13:57 [Zakim]
Josh_Soref should now be muted
14:14:28 [fjh]
fjh: obviously this can also go into HTML5 later
14:14:50 [fjh]
Topic: OMA Liaison
14:14:51 [Josh_Soref]
scribe: Josh_Soref
14:15:02 [Josh_Soref]
s/scribe: Josh_Soref//
14:15:14 [fjh]
ACTION-613?
14:15:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-613 -- Frederick Hirsch to draft proposed OMA liaison response -- due 2013-02-13 -- OPEN
14:15:14 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/613
14:15:16 [dom]
Zakim, code?
14:15:16 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3279 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), dom
14:15:32 [Zakim]
+??P4
14:15:39 [dom]
Zakim, ??P4 is me
14:15:39 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
14:16:03 [fjh]
fjh: shared with coremob, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Mar/0010.html
14:16:48 [Zakim]
+dom.a
14:16:55 [Zakim]
-dom
14:17:00 [fjh]
fjh: also provided draft OMA response on member list see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-device-apis/2013Mar/0003.html
14:17:34 [fjh]
dom: might want to mention work on network information API, network connection etc
14:18:12 [fjh]
fjh: i can mention the draft and point to it
14:18:57 [fjh]
dom: yes, mention that it can relate to network characteristics and if DANE will expose network characteristics then we would be interested in that
14:19:25 [fjh]
Topic: Actions
14:19:33 [fjh]
ACTION-446?
14:19:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-446 -- Frederick Hirsch to review security issue http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2011Aug/0006.html -- due 2011-08-24 -- OPEN
14:19:33 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/446
14:19:42 [fjh]
ACTION-474?
14:19:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-474 -- Adrian Bateman to make a proposal for Network Information API -- due 2012-10-15 -- OPEN
14:19:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/474
14:19:47 [fjh]
fjh: will follow up
14:19:50 [Josh_Soref]
present+ Josh_Soref
14:19:56 [fjh]
ACTION-565?
14:19:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-565 -- Josh Soref to propose text for HTML Media Capture to allow for alternative capture device if specified device not available -- due 2012-08-22 -- OPEN
14:19:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/565
14:20:11 [fjh]
fjh: can we close this one
14:20:15 [fjh]
close ACTION-565
14:20:15 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-565 Propose text for HTML Media Capture to allow for alternative capture device if specified device not available.
14:20:17 [dom]
(I think Adrian completed his action-474 and reported its outcome during TPAC)
14:20:24 [fjh]
ACTION-591?
14:20:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-591 -- Greg Billock to work with Mounir and James to create new webintents draft that reflects web activities and issues -- due 2013-03-29 -- OPEN
14:20:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/591
14:20:27 [fjh]
in progress
14:20:38 [fjh]
close ACTION-613
14:20:38 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-613 Draft proposed OMA liaison response.
14:20:47 [fjh]
ACTION-621?
14:20:47 [trackbot]
ACTION-621 -- Anssi Kostiainen to create test cases for HTML Media Capture -- due 2013-03-13 -- OPEN
14:20:47 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/621
14:20:55 [fjh]
ACTION-622?
14:20:55 [trackbot]
ACTION-622 -- Frederick Hirsch to follow up on concrete actions based on PING input -- due 2013-03-13 -- OPEN
14:20:55 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/622
14:20:57 [fjh]
still open
14:21:09 [fjh]
fjh: no pending actions
14:21:29 [dom]
Present+ Dominique_Hazael-Massieux
14:21:47 [fjh]
Topic: Issues
14:21:54 [Zakim]
-dcheng3
14:21:55 [Zakim]
-dom.a
14:21:59 [fjh]
ISSUE-127?
14:21:59 [trackbot]
ISSUE-127 -- Status section of Battery CR draft should include exit criteria and at-risk items -- open
14:21:59 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/127
14:22:02 [fjh]
ISSUE-128?
14:22:02 [trackbot]
ISSUE-128 -- Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated -- open
14:22:02 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/128
14:22:07 [fjh]
Topic: Other Business
14:22:08 [Zakim]
-Josh_Soref
14:22:08 [fjh]
none
14:22:11 [Zakim]
-lgombos
14:22:12 [fjh]
Topic: Adjourn
14:22:18 [fjh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:22:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/03/13-dap-minutes.html fjh
14:23:27 [Zakim]
-fjh
14:23:55 [AnssiK_]
AnssiK_ has joined #dap
14:29:16 [Zakim]
-AnssiK
14:29:17 [Zakim]
UW_DAP()10:00AM has ended
14:29:17 [Zakim]
Attendees were Josh_Soref, dcheng3, AnssiK, lgombos, fjh, dom
14:30:28 [AnssiK1]
AnssiK1 has joined #dap
14:39:39 [Josh_Soref]
trackbot, end meeting
14:39:41 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
14:39:42 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
14:39:49 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
14:39:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/03/13-dap-minutes.html trackbot
14:39:50 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
14:39:50 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/13-dap-actions.rdf :
14:39:50 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: fjh to prepare transition request for HTML Media Capture [1]
14:39:50 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/13-dap-irc#T14-13-54