IRC log of css on 2013-03-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:18:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #css
15:18:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/03/13-css-irc
15:18:11 [glazou]
Zakim, this will be Style
15:18:11 [Zakim]
ok, glazou; I see Style_CSS FP()12:00PM scheduled to start in 42 minutes
15:18:17 [glazou]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:20:14 [SimonSapin]
Hi glazou
15:20:20 [glazou]
salut SimonSapin
15:20:29 [SimonSapin]
does it get better in Paris?
15:21:45 [glazou]
yes, finally melting
15:21:54 [glazou]
but it's been really a pain
15:22:00 [glazou]
yesterday was awful
15:22:30 [glazou]
had to leave my car in some random street, driving was far too dangerous
15:24:45 [SimonSapin]
Do you know where this is maintained? https://www.w3.org/Style/Group/css3-src/status-ED-CSS.inc
15:24:54 [SimonSapin]
And if I can change it
15:25:31 [glazou]
no idea, sorry
15:25:46 [glazou]
see the hg log ?
15:25:52 [glazou]
who did the commits ?
15:26:02 [SimonSapin]
I don’t see css3-src at all in the hg repo
15:26:17 [glazou]
ah right
15:26:27 [glazou]
then Bert is probably the owner
15:26:28 [SimonSapin]
nor in http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/
15:26:35 [SimonSapin]
do we have other repositories?
15:29:54 [glazou]
the web site's
15:30:01 [glazou]
and it appears to be there I think
15:30:04 [glazou]
ask Bert :-D
15:30:11 [SimonSapin]
I will, thanks
15:30:21 [glenn]
glazou: is there alternative to align-content in order to get vertical alignment on block elements?
15:30:45 [glazou]
in flex you mean ?
15:30:55 [glenn]
i'm trying to figure out a reasonable mapping from XSL-FO's display-align property to CSS
15:31:24 [glenn]
glazou: align-content is presently defined in CSS3 Alignment Module
15:31:34 [glazou]
looking
15:32:28 [glazou]
glenn, and in http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-flexbox/#align-content-property
15:32:40 [glazou]
I think this is your best option, yes
15:32:40 [glenn]
the prob is that vertical-align (CSS2) only applies to inlines and table cells
15:32:54 [glazou]
and you can't use inline-blocks ?
15:33:49 [glenn]
haven't investigated that, but will do so; tnx
15:34:28 [glenn]
i imagine folks must have some hacks they've been using to get vertical alignment in div etc without yet having align-content available
15:34:51 [glazou]
glenn, I suggest you ask bradk
15:34:55 [glazou]
web designers
15:35:02 [glenn]
k
15:35:03 [glazou]
they know hacks and browser specific stuff
15:35:32 [glenn]
i need something that isn't browser specific, but will chk further
15:35:56 [glenn]
i'm trying to define a new formatting model for TTML that uses only html/css features rather than xsl-fo
15:36:18 [glenn]
but we had used XSL-FO's display-align and writing-mode properties
15:36:40 [glenn]
so now have to find a reasonable "standardized" mapping
15:43:39 [antonp]
antonp has joined #css
15:48:01 [BradK]
BradK has joined #CSS
15:49:04 [plh]
plh has joined #css
15:50:15 [glazou]
Bert, not sure "blah blah" is a valid hg commit message….
15:50:25 [glazou]
at least not a very useful one
15:50:50 [glazou]
since it's visible in twitter account @CSScommits, can I suggest you find better messages ?-)
15:51:42 [SimonSapin]
Bert, also it would be nice to start commit messages with the spec short name, eg. [css3-page]
15:52:56 [glazou]
that too
15:53:07 [glazou]
it's not "nice", it's a WG resolution
15:53:32 [BradK_]
BradK_ has joined #CSS
15:56:07 [Zakim]
Style_CSS FP()12:00PM has now started
15:56:14 [Zakim]
+??P0
15:56:20 [glazou]
Zakim, ??P0 is me
15:56:20 [Zakim]
+glazou; got it
15:56:54 [dbaron]
dbaron has joined #css
15:58:47 [SimonSapin]
SimonSapin has joined #css
15:59:06 [Zakim]
+ +97362aaaa
15:59:17 [tantek]
tantek has joined #css
15:59:26 [glazou]
Zakim, aaaa is antonp
15:59:26 [Zakim]
+antonp; got it
15:59:47 [Zakim]
+ +1.610.324.aabb
15:59:52 [djackson]
djackson has joined #css
15:59:53 [oyvind]
oyvind has joined #css
15:59:55 [SimonSapin]
SimonSapin has joined #css
16:00:02 [Zakim]
+Stearns
16:00:08 [glazou]
Zakim, aabb is djackson
16:00:08 [Zakim]
+djackson; got it
16:00:20 [Zakim]
+SimonSapin
16:01:52 [jdovey]
jdovey has joined #css
16:01:53 [rhauck]
rhauck has joined #css
16:02:23 [Zakim]
+SteveZ
16:02:27 [florian]
florian has joined #css
16:02:36 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.308.aacc
16:02:49 [djackson]
djackson has joined #css
16:02:55 [Zakim]
+ +1.416.800.aadd
16:03:04 [krit]
Zakim, aacc is me
16:03:04 [Zakim]
+krit; got it
16:03:09 [Zakim]
+??P12
16:03:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.832.aaee
16:03:16 [Zakim]
+ +1.253.307.aaff
16:03:23 [jdovey]
Zakim, aadd is me
16:03:23 [Zakim]
+jdovey; got it
16:03:28 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:03:31 [rhauck]
Zakim, aaee is me
16:03:31 [Zakim]
+rhauck; got it
16:03:32 [Zakim]
+fantasai
16:03:34 [nvdbleek2]
nvdbleek2 has joined #css
16:03:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.766.aagg
16:03:39 [florian]
Zakim, [IPcaller] has me
16:03:39 [Zakim]
+florian; got it
16:03:44 [glazou]
http://lockerz.com/s/286935518
16:03:49 [nvdbleek2]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:03:49 [Zakim]
On the phone I see glazou, antonp, djackson, Stearns, SimonSapin, SteveZ, krit, jdovey, ??P12, rhauck, +1.253.307.aaff, [IPcaller], fantasai, +1.650.766.aagg
16:03:52 [Zakim]
[IPcaller] has florian
16:03:59 [JohnJansen]
JohnJansen has joined #CSS
16:04:03 [SteveZ]
SteveZ has joined #css
16:04:07 [nvdbleek2]
zakim, I am P12
16:04:07 [Zakim]
sorry, nvdbleek2, I do not see a party named 'P12'
16:04:16 [Zakim]
+Bert
16:04:17 [smfr]
smfr has joined #css
16:04:17 [nvdbleek2]
zakim, I am ??P12
16:04:18 [Zakim]
+nvdbleek2; got it
16:04:23 [Zakim]
+smfr
16:04:48 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:05:01 [JohnJansen]
Zakim, Microsoft has JohnJansen
16:05:01 [Zakim]
+JohnJansen; got it
16:05:10 [glazou]
Zakim, who is on the phone ?
16:05:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see glazou, antonp, djackson, Stearns, SimonSapin, SteveZ, krit, jdovey, nvdbleek2, rhauck, +1.253.307.aaff, [IPcaller], fantasai, +1.650.766.aagg, Bert, smfr,
16:05:14 [Zakim]
... [Microsoft]
16:05:14 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has JohnJansen
16:05:14 [Zakim]
[IPcaller] has florian
16:05:31 [glazou]
Zakim, aagg is BradK
16:05:31 [Zakim]
+BradK; got it
16:05:34 [koji]
koji has joined #css
16:06:25 [fantasai]
Scribe: fantasai
16:06:26 [Zakim]
+dbaron
16:06:54 [fantasai]
glazou: Sorry for sending agenda really late. Blocked by snowstorm in Paris.
16:07:04 [Zakim]
+glenn
16:07:16 [fantasai]
glazou: So agenda is somewhat random.
16:07:19 [cabanier]
cabanier has joined #css
16:07:19 [Zakim]
+??P31
16:07:23 [fantasai]
glazou: Please, if any other items, say so
16:07:45 [glazou]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2013JanMar/0284.html
16:07:59 [fantasai]
glazou: First on agenda is wrt specs that are WDs moving along REC track
16:08:04 [fantasai]
glazou: "Outstanding Publications"
16:08:25 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller.a]
16:08:35 [koji]
zakim, [ipcaller.a] is me
16:08:35 [Zakim]
+koji; got it
16:08:58 [fantasai]
fantasai: [summarizes email]
16:09:21 [fantasai]
krit: Does the announcement need to be on a blog post?
16:09:28 [fantasai]
glazou: IIRC we resolved on that a year and a half ago
16:09:43 [fantasai]
glazou: One of the editors should write a blog post on the CSSWG blog
16:09:56 [fantasai]
glazou: and post on twitter wrt updated WD/etc.
16:10:08 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: How do you publish on the blog?
16:10:13 [Zakim]
+Tantek
16:10:16 [fantasai]
glazou: WordPress with W3C credentials
16:10:19 [tantek]
Zakim, mute Tantek
16:10:19 [Zakim]
Tantek should now be muted
16:10:23 [fantasai]
glazou: If you can't log in, ask Coralie Mercier
16:10:28 [fantasai]
http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/publish
16:11:08 [Bert]
(Or ask me, but in principle all WG members have write access to the blog automatically.)
16:12:01 [fantasai]
fantasai: The idea is to post to www-style/blog to let people know that there's an update, to say what's changed/what you'd like feedback on especially.
16:12:17 [fantasai]
glazou: Next item, adding Simon Pieters to CSSOM
16:12:24 [fantasai]
?
16:12:37 [glazou]
fantasai, spelling correct
16:12:41 [fantasai]
glenn: Shane hasn't been able to contribute
16:12:57 [fantasai]
glenn: I suggest that Simon could take over primary editorship on CSSOM-View spec
16:13:12 [fantasai]
glenn: and could assist with CSSOM as well, depending how much energy he can put in, can make more progress
16:13:29 [fantasai]
RESOLVED: Add Simon Pieters as editor to CSSOM, CSSOM-View
16:14:08 [fantasai]
fantasai: On topic of publications, has telecon for css3-conditional CR been scheduled?
16:14:14 [fantasai]
Bert: Working on that today.
16:14:32 [SimonSapin]
Simon Pieters is sometimes zcorpan on IRC
16:14:43 [fantasai]
glazou: September F2F
16:15:03 [fantasai]
SteveZ: The website currently lists week of Sept 9-13
16:15:20 [fantasai]
SteveZ: Those are fine with me, but have a conflicting meeting the next week, was hoping to lock down dates for that week
16:15:38 [fantasai]
glazou: I have PM from Peter, he's ifne with 9-13 but would prefer beginning of the week
16:15:40 [SimonSapin]
http://wiki.csswg.org/planning/tokyo-2013 lists June 5~7 … is that obsolete
16:15:41 [fantasai]
SteveZ: Fine with me
16:15:45 [SimonSapin]
?
16:16:00 [SimonSapin]
oh, sorry
16:16:02 [fantasai]
SteveZ: 2nd question is where. Talking about France
16:16:09 [SimonSapin]
not the same meeting
16:16:14 [fantasai]
SteveZ: Document conference in Florence 10-13
16:16:24 [fantasai]
SteveZ: Hard to do both in same week
16:16:33 [fantasai]
glazou: Unfortunately missing members in the room at this time
16:17:11 [fantasai]
SteveZ: Don't know who was planning to go to that conference.
16:17:28 [fantasai]
Bert: I added that to the calendar, in case ppl were interested in sharing.
16:17:43 [fantasai]
Bert: ACM Document Engineering: layout, process, etc.
16:17:47 [fantasai]
Bert: Very interesting
16:18:26 [fantasai]
[discussion on conference scheduling]
16:18:47 [fantasai]
Bert: Don't think there will be a lot of overlap, but might be interesting. Not important enough to reschedule our own meeting.
16:19:13 [fantasai]
glazou: So let's say for time being 9-10. Where?
16:19:29 [fantasai]
fantasai: Paris and Zurich
16:19:37 [fantasai]
were volunteered
16:19:40 [fantasai]
SteveZ: And Sophia
16:19:42 [tantek]
for Paris we were considering Mozilla hosting
16:20:11 [fantasai]
dbaron: New Mozilla office in Paris opens soon, but not open yet. Might be easier to assess once it's open
16:20:26 [tantek]
Paris Mozilla office should be open by start of next month
16:20:32 [fantasai]
glazou: Everyone ok with 9-11 Sept in France?
16:20:55 [fantasai]
RESOLVED: September F2F is 9-11 in France, either Sophia or Paris
16:20:59 [florian]
I won't know my availability then for quite a while, so I can't comment either way
16:21:02 [tantek]
glazou - I have a meeting in the 8th in the UK
16:21:11 [tantek]
would F2F 10-12 be ok?
16:21:11 [dbaron]
I think there was also an offer from Google to host in Zürich
16:21:20 [tantek]
ok
16:21:21 [Zakim]
-glenn
16:21:26 [fantasai]
glazou: (to tantek) Take the EuroStar. No problem.
16:21:42 [fantasai]
glazou: agenda item wrt Flexbox
16:21:48 [glazou]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2013JanMar/0296.html
16:21:54 [glazou]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Feb/0364.html
16:22:00 [Zakim]
-BradK
16:22:13 [fantasai]
glazou: wrt reverting Flexbox to use zero as min-width
16:22:22 [fantasai]
glazou: Has anyone reviewed the proposal?
16:22:24 [fantasai]
dbaron: Fine with it
16:22:32 [fantasai]
Rossen: Yes, agreed
16:22:45 [fantasai]
glazou: Other opinions?
16:22:58 [fantasai]
Anton: Why did we add it in the first place
16:22:59 [glazou]
Regrets: plh
16:23:09 [Zakim]
+BradK
16:23:14 [fantasai]
dbaron: What we lose by changing it, we get back when we add min-content and other keywords for heights
16:23:29 [glazou]
Zakim, mute BradK
16:23:29 [Zakim]
BradK should now be muted
16:23:33 [fantasai]
dbaron: Temporary loss, ability to have flexbox that doesn't go down below its intrinsic size
16:23:47 [dbaron]
get it back with the min-content etc. keywords
16:23:50 [glenn_]
glenn_ has joined #css
16:24:34 [glazou]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
16:24:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see glazou, antonp, djackson, Stearns, SimonSapin, SteveZ, krit, jdovey, nvdbleek2, rhauck, +1.253.307.aaff, [IPcaller], fantasai, Bert, smfr, [Microsoft], dbaron,
16:24:37 [Zakim]
... ??P31, koji, Tantek (muted), BradK (muted)
16:24:37 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has JohnJansen
16:24:37 [Zakim]
[IPcaller] has florian
16:24:40 [fantasai]
fantasai: We were triggering it by default because shrinking by default.
16:25:03 [fantasai]
fantasai: Thought it was good to have a minimum for some common cases like toolbars.
16:25:17 [fantasai]
Rossen: once we have min-content, then all other keywords, we get everything back.
16:25:17 [Zakim]
+glenn
16:25:54 [fantasai]
fantasai: The problem with having it by default is that nested flexboxes get complicated and hard to author.
16:26:06 [fantasai]
glazou: Any objections to the proposal?
16:26:24 [fantasai]
RESOLVED: Reset min-width/min-height to zero for Flex Items
16:26:30 [Rossen]
Rossen has joined #css
16:27:13 [fantasai]
fantasai notes that MSFT's implementation does min-content by default, so app authors would have to be aware of that change.
16:27:37 [glazou]
plh: no progress on IETF liaison (re last week's conf call)
16:27:54 [fantasai]
Rossen: When evaluated internally, thought it was fine to explicitly request min-content.
16:27:57 [glazou]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2013Mar/0219.html
16:28:23 [fantasai]
I think I dreamed that I replied to that...
16:28:31 [fantasai]
SimonSapin explains his email
16:28:35 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
16:28:37 [Zakim]
-??P31
16:28:48 [Rossen]
zakim, microsoft has me
16:28:48 [Zakim]
+Rossen; got it
16:29:05 [BradK]
Zakim, unmute me
16:29:05 [Zakim]
BradK should no longer be muted
16:29:18 [fantasai]
fantasai: I think actually that we should keep "page box" as the name of the box into which the content is flowed
16:29:37 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: Do we change how MQ work?
16:29:44 [fantasai]
fantasai: There's an open issue on that anyway
16:29:57 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: They're based on outer width of page box
16:30:11 [fantasai]
fantasai: And just need a new term for size given by size property
16:30:43 [BradK]
I agree with Simon
16:30:50 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: Also might want page-margin boxes to be siblings of page box.
16:30:59 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: Would help explain stacking
16:31:07 [fantasai]
fantasai: Wouldn't explain inheritance though.
16:31:36 [fantasai]
fantasai: For the other size... maybe "initial page size"? like "initial containing block".
16:31:59 [fantasai]
fantasai: "page base size" or "page basis"
16:32:03 [Zakim]
- +1.253.307.aaff
16:32:12 [Zakim]
-SteveZ
16:32:24 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: But MQ refers to...
16:32:33 [fantasai]
fantasai: We can always update MQ to fix terminology. That's just editorial.
16:33:37 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: Is group ok with making page box sibling of margin boxes?
16:33:46 [fantasai]
fantasai: Don't think it matters how you explain it, as long as behavior doesn't change.
16:33:52 [fantasai]
?: Think it makes sense.
16:34:00 [antonp]
s/?/antonp/
16:34:07 [BradK]
I like it as sibling
16:34:39 [BradK]
Content-box
16:34:47 [fantasai]
"page container"
16:35:00 [SimonSapin]
page-content box
16:35:08 [fantasai]
no, that would be the content box of the page box
16:36:01 [fantasai]
RESOLVED: Call the page box's containing block a page container
16:36:17 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: If we have time, could discuss interaction of @page and MQ
16:36:22 [fantasai]
glazou: Might have time today
16:36:39 [fantasai]
glazou: Liam's not on the call, so yes we have time
16:36:52 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: we have an open issue a long time
16:37:00 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: How do viewport units interact with @page
16:37:10 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: ...
16:37:18 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: We discussed @viewport
16:37:38 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: Which changes the default page size, and then applies MQ
16:37:42 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: and affects viewport units
16:38:23 [BradK]
Can we remove the 'inactive' note next to css3 page, on the Current Work page?
16:38:57 [fantasai]
fantasai: I think for viewport units in these contexts, it makes sense to either make them invalid, or have them refer to the default page size, like fonts refer to default page size
16:39:23 [Bert]
(I agree with BradK: css3-page doesn't seem very inactive anymore.)
16:39:25 [SimonSapin]
:root { font-size: 1vw } @page { width: 50em }
16:40:32 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: @page inherits from root element now
16:40:44 [fantasai]
fantasai: This is so that if you set fonts on your document, your margin boxes get the same font.
16:41:24 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: So where do we break this cycle?
16:41:52 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: (without breaking some use case)
16:42:06 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: Maybe one way to do that is like @viewport, make a first pass applying @page rules
16:42:11 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: viewport units are base don some default
16:42:17 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: Then we have base page size, whatever the name,
16:42:28 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: which is used for MQ when we apply everything again
16:42:36 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: It works nicely with @viewport
16:42:46 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: But for @page rules it's more complicated because we generate pages
16:42:54 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: Could get weird cases which don't make sense.
16:43:12 [fantasai]
florian: In general support the idea, but don't know enough about page generation
16:44:08 [fantasai]
fantasai: [explains named pages and how, e.g. name of first page can depend on 'page' property of first heading in document]
16:44:30 [fantasai]
fantasai: I would be in favor of breaking this cycle earlier somehow
16:45:18 [fantasai]
Florian: Need a non-crazy behavior, don't need to go further than that.
16:45:53 [fantasai]
fantasai: Simon's example there shows two very common use cases
16:46:22 [fantasai]
fantasai: First one is commonly used for slides, or anything else you want font size to grow with size of page
16:46:34 [florian]
when all the pages are the same size, do the obvious, when not, do something non crazy.
16:47:01 [fantasai]
fantasai: Second case is used in Japanese documents, where you want the page size to be an exact multiple of the size of the main paragraph font.
16:47:13 [Zakim]
+SteveZ
16:47:32 [SimonSapin]
@page { size: A4; margin: 4em; /* width: auto */ }
16:48:02 [fantasai]
florian: Do you want the page size based on the character, or the character size based on the page?
16:48:15 [fantasai]
fantasai: The former. You pick a comfortable font size and lay out around that.
16:48:17 [fantasai]
koji: Yeah
16:48:35 [fantasai]
fantasai: So we want both of those to work, but don't want them to make a cycle.
16:48:45 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: One option is to have the @page context not inherit from the root
16:48:55 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: That does break some use cases, but easiest to work around.
16:49:10 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: Just means that you have to copy your font declarations into an @page rule.
16:49:30 [fantasai]
glazou: Maybe the only way we can compromise without adding too much overhead.
16:49:51 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: Also 'direction' and 'writing-mode' properties can be relevant
16:50:03 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: they determine which is the first page: left or right
16:50:33 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: Another reason it's nice to have inheritance from the root element
16:51:37 [fantasai]
florian: I'm wondering if the first page really matters. Whichever page it is, all going to be the same. If they're going to be different can't be perfect anyway
16:53:11 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: So, we don't need to decide anything today about this, but please think about it and discuss on mailing list.
16:53:35 [fantasai]
florian: do we have a few concrete options? Or just vague problem area where we need ideas.
16:53:47 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: So one proposal is to do like @viewport, do two passes.
16:53:59 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: Other option is to not inherit from the root element.
16:54:10 [fantasai]
fantasai: Whatever we do here should be consistent with @viewport
16:54:42 [fantasai]
fantasai: So my criteria are
16:54:45 [fantasai]
a) break the cycle
16:54:54 [fantasai]
b) don't break use cases, even if some are less convenient
16:54:58 [Zakim]
-SimonSapin
16:55:01 [fantasai]
c) keep @page and @viewport consistent
16:55:09 [fantasai]
SimonSapin, can you minute what you just said? >_<
16:55:21 [SimonSapin]
my call just dropped
16:55:26 [fantasai]
florian: Agree with fantasai's statement. Not sure I understand all the implications of that.
16:55:42 [SimonSapin]
if we go with not inherit from the root
16:55:49 [jarek]
jarek has joined #css
16:55:58 [fantasai]
glazou: Not sure we're going to close this now
16:56:00 [Zakim]
+SimonSapin
16:56:20 [fantasai]
glazou: Maybe up to you to make a proposal based on discussion we had today
16:56:36 [fantasai]
http://wiki.csswg.org/topics
16:56:57 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: I will write up various options by email
16:57:02 [fantasai]
glazou: Anything else?
16:57:45 [fantasai]
florian: Several things on device-adapation spec. Would be nice to tackle, but would like to hear from rest of group.
16:57:53 [fantasai]
florian: Think MS has partial implementation. Others?
16:58:01 [fantasai]
florian: Agree with Håkon most of what was proposed
16:58:14 [fantasai]
glazou: Since you're not working for Opera... is Opera still working on this?
16:58:22 [fantasai]
florian: I have don't know what they're doing
16:58:37 [fantasai]
florian: I would guess they'll try to port this to WebKit
16:58:55 [fantasai]
florian: Rune has sent a bunch of mails about this after the announcement, so maybe still working on it. Pure speculation.
16:59:04 [fantasai]
glazou: We have 3 editors
16:59:10 [fantasai]
glazou: 3 issues in tracker.
16:59:14 [fantasai]
glazou: Let me ping the editors
16:59:18 [Zakim]
-krit
16:59:22 [fantasai]
florian: I think at some point I was supposed to co-edit this as well
16:59:34 [fantasai]
florian: Tracked issues are fewer than the mailing list
16:59:34 [Zakim]
+krit
16:59:40 [fantasai]
glazou: Ok, I will ping the editors
16:59:45 [fantasai]
and you
16:59:50 [fantasai]
glazou: anything else?
16:59:56 [fantasai]
Meeting closed.
16:59:59 [Zakim]
-SteveZ
17:00:00 [BradK]
Bye.
17:00:01 [Zakim]
-dbaron
17:00:03 [Zakim]
-krit
17:00:03 [Zakim]
-glazou
17:00:04 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.a]
17:00:04 [Zakim]
-antonp
17:00:05 [Zakim]
-Bert
17:00:05 [Zakim]
-rhauck
17:00:05 [Zakim]
-smfr
17:00:06 [Zakim]
-jdovey
17:00:06 [Zakim]
-koji
17:00:08 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
17:00:10 [Zakim]
-djackson
17:00:10 [Zakim]
-Tantek
17:00:10 [Zakim]
-BradK
17:00:11 [Zakim]
-glenn
17:00:12 [Zakim]
-fantasai
17:00:15 [jdovey]
jdovey has left #css
17:00:17 [Zakim]
-SimonSapin
17:00:19 [Zakim]
-Stearns
17:00:22 [smfr]
smfr has left #css
17:00:24 [BradK]
BradK has left #css
17:00:30 [SimonSapin]
fantasai: what’s next for publishing css3-page?
17:01:07 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
17:04:15 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: I'll regenerate the draft for WD and send it out
17:04:16 [fantasai]
:0
17:06:08 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, nvdbleek2, in Style_CSS FP()12:00PM
17:06:10 [Zakim]
Style_CSS FP()12:00PM has ended
17:06:10 [Zakim]
Attendees were glazou, +97362aaaa, antonp, +1.610.324.aabb, Stearns, djackson, SimonSapin, SteveZ, +1.415.308.aacc, +1.416.800.aadd, krit, +1.415.832.aaee, +1.253.307.aaff, jdovey,
17:06:11 [Zakim]
... rhauck, fantasai, +1.650.766.aagg, florian, Bert, nvdbleek2, smfr, JohnJansen, BradK, dbaron, glenn, [IPcaller], koji, Tantek, [Microsoft], Rossen
17:12:18 [darktears]
darktears has joined #css
17:27:59 [SimonSapin]
fantasai: so, anything I need to do?
17:28:14 [fantasai]
Nope, I'm regenerating it as we speak
17:28:18 [SimonSapin]
great, thanks
17:37:06 [rhauck]
rhauck has joined #css
17:38:32 [lmclister]
lmclister has joined #css
17:39:13 [darktears]
darktears has joined #css
17:50:52 [abucur]
abucur has joined #css
17:52:03 [tantek]
tantek has joined #css
17:56:35 [krit]
krit has joined #css
18:05:19 [rhauck1]
rhauck1 has joined #css
18:06:13 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: you forgot to add issues for the viewport unit cycle and for the @page rule OM...
18:07:15 [SimonSapin]
fantasai: you mean inline issue?
18:07:36 [SimonSapin]
viewport units kind of go together with page size vs. MQ
18:08:25 [SimonSapin]
OM, yes indeed, but if the WG agrees on separated .cssRules and .style then it should be easy
18:08:26 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: Not really. They're both cycles, but they're different cycles :)
18:08:58 [SimonSapin]
they’re related in that doing two passes like @viewport can solve both
18:09:57 [SimonSapin]
but I’m not sure what to in an inline issue
18:10:02 [SimonSapin]
what to write*
18:14:28 [SimonSapin]
fantasai: is it still time to add something?
18:14:32 [fantasai]
I added something
18:14:39 [SimonSapin]
ok, thanks
18:15:06 [fantasai]
publishing stuff without the postprocessor is annoyng :/
18:15:09 [fantasai]
(css-print)
18:15:47 [SimonSapin]
fantasai: apparently the postprocessor is meant to be idempotent
18:16:28 [SimonSapin]
I think that’s the wrong idea and that both "source" and "generated" stuff should be kept around, but for css-print it could be useful
18:17:54 [fantasai]
it's done
18:18:01 [fantasai]
Hopefully I never have to touch that file again :)
18:18:33 [fantasai]
There's always errors *somewhere*
18:18:41 [SimonSapin]
hehe
18:21:34 [Ms2ger]
Ms2ger has joined #css
18:31:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #css
18:37:02 [zcorpan]
zcorpan has joined #css
18:37:50 [zcorpan_]
zcorpan_ has joined #css
18:59:48 [SimonSapin]
SimonSapin has joined #css
19:00:34 [SimonSapin]
fantasai: you reworded the part comparing selector specificity, but I took it from selectors4 so you might want to change it there too
19:02:12 [isherman-book]
isherman-book has joined #css
19:06:44 [dbaron]
dbaron has joined #css
19:08:07 [darktears]
darktears has joined #css
19:09:11 [fantasai]
SimonSapin: kk!
19:14:39 [rhauck]
rhauck has joined #css
19:49:15 [darktears]
darktears has joined #css
20:11:57 [jet]
jet has joined #css
20:23:22 [slightlyoff]
slightlyoff has joined #css
20:47:06 [dbaron]
dbaron has joined #css
21:20:09 [krit1]
krit1 has joined #css
21:34:45 [isherman-book]
isherman-book has joined #css
22:33:27 [isherman-book]
isherman-book has joined #css
22:35:28 [macpherson]
macpherson has joined #css
22:37:55 [macpherson_]
macpherson_ has joined #css
22:43:51 [isherman-book]
isherman-book has joined #css
23:09:27 [isherman-book]
isherman-book has joined #css
23:26:55 [glenn]
glenn has joined #css
23:56:56 [shans_away]
shans_away has joined #css
23:57:54 [leaverou_away]
leaverou_away has joined #css
23:58:07 [csswg]
csswg has joined #css