W3C

- DRAFT -

Web&TV IG Testing TF

06 Mar 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
sheau, kaz, giuseppe, clarke, paul_higgs, mark_vickers, sergey, masahito
Regrets
Chair
Clarke
Scribe
sheau

Contents


clarke giving requirement status.

Clarke: current requirements are working draft, will move to proper place later on.
... Use Cases Template on wiki contains outline.
... please add issues when creating a use case so we can track.
... ignore contents in Sample Use Case, it's an "example."

<kaz> Testing TF wiki

giuseppep questions if we really want to track all the exchanges at this point.

clarke: let's go with it for a while, then can decide to change.
... Under Closed Discussions are things that are "closed" or "approved".

giuseppep: when emails sent to group, need to identify Issues to allow tracking.

kaz: in email subject, include "Issue-nnn"

<kaz> like "ISSUE-1"

<kaz> ACTION: kaz to check issue tracker configuration for the web&tv ig [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/06-webtv-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-102 - Check issue tracker configuration for the web&tv ig [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2013-03-13].

action to kaz: inform group how to compose emails to allow issue tracking.

<trackbot> Error finding 'to'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/users>.

clarke: describing different sections within wiki.
... wiki is a tool for the group. Feel free to add sections; will organize later.
... Mark_Vickers: is the requirements priority being asked in the wiki?
... no, it's meant for final edition. Don't worry about the section Relevant Groups/Resource Center Task Force.

kaz: proposes to just use the wiki dashboard, not worry about things like Charter and such.

clarke: let's go with that.

<kaz> [ we should check with the IG chairs (in addition to giuseppe, mark and masahito :) , though ]

clarke: talking liaison contacts.
... any additional liaison?

<giuseppep> Smart TV alliance

giuseppe: add SmartTV Alliance, Giuseppe as Primary Contact.

sheau: ATSC?

clarke: Clarke will take ATSC liaison contact.

Mark_Vickers: MPEG MMT

Giuseppe: IPTV Forum in Japan? Yosuke Funahashi as contact.

IPTV Forum liaison, contact Yosuke Funahashi.

<kaz> W3C Liaison page

Mark_Vickers: proposes a table to monitor progress for each entry in the PLH table.
... proposes some language for the liaison letter to solicit requirements for HTML5 and related, including their priority.
... adapt PLH doc to a table suitable for use by this group.

action Clarke and Mark_Vickers to work on liaison table and language.

<trackbot> Created ACTION-103 - And Mark_Vickers to work on liaison table and language. [on Clarke Stevens - due 2013-03-13].

kaz: please note that some of the candidates are already included in the liaison table above

clarke: once we've generated the basic text, we'll check that

Mark_Vickers: should also reach out to mobile groups.

<Mark_Vickers> Core Mobile Web Platform Community Group

<kaz> Core Mobile Web Platform CG

clarke: last agenda item to cover: review of use cases.

Mark_Vickers: just added Use Cases, didn't get the Issue part according to discussion here.
... mostly from his slides previously presented to this group.

<kaz> Use Cases

Giuseppe: can seek reviewers' priority of the requirements in these use cases, and/or additional use cases.

clarke: on main page, there is info on how to work with wiki, notes, and other tools. If anyone needs help, ask kaz.
... spread the job of "note taking". Will add a "scribe schedule" that includes everyone.

action clarke liaison letter draft

<trackbot> Created ACTION-104 - Liaison letter draft [on Clarke Stevens - due 2013-03-13].

action Clarke to add new groups to liaison

<trackbot> Created ACTION-105 - Add new groups to liaison [on Clarke Stevens - due 2013-03-13].

action Mark_Vickers MPEG MMT contact for liaison

<trackbot> Error finding 'Mark_Vickers'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/track/users>.

clarke: discussions to be on public list.
... please use "[testing]" in the subject for the identifier

meeting adjourned.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: kaz to check issue tracker configuration for the web&tv ig [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/03/06-webtv-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-03-06 15:58:32 $