IRC log of mlw-lt on 2013-02-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:01:14 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mlw-lt
13:01:14 [RRSAgent]
logging to
13:01:15 [Ankit]
Ankit has joined #mlw-lt
13:01:15 [leroy_]
leroy_ has joined #mlw-lt
13:01:27 [Ankit]
present+ Ankit
13:01:44 [leroy]
leroy has joined #mlw-lt
13:01:53 [daveL_]
Meeting: MLW-lT Phone call 13,2,2013 13.00 UTC
13:02:09 [daveL_]
chair: daveL
13:02:21 [daveL_]
present+ DaveLewis
13:02:22 [shaunm]
shaunm has joined #mlw-lt
13:02:36 [kfritsche]
present+ Karl
13:02:48 [shaunm]
present+ shaunm
13:02:53 [leroy]
present+ leroy
13:03:08 [omstefanov]
present+ omstefanov
13:03:20 [daveL_]
regrets: felix, jirka, Dom, Jorge, Yves, Pablo
13:04:03 [daveL_]
scribe: omstefanov
13:04:05 [Naoto]
Naoto has joined #mlw-lt
13:04:05 [philr]
philr has joined #mlw-lt
13:04:09 [philr]
present+ philr
13:04:29 [Naoto]
present+ Naoto
13:04:38 [omstefanov]
topic: 1) Action item and issue re-distribution
13:04:45 [chriLi]
chriLi has joined #mlw-lt
13:04:59 [daveL_]
13:05:16 [omstefanov]
13:05:20 [omstefanov]
13:05:40 [daveL_]
13:05:59 [omstefanov]
We start with open action items.
13:06:26 [omstefanov]
DaveL says lots are assigned to Felix, so we need volunteers to help
13:07:23 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #mlw-lt
13:07:24 [omstefanov]
Action-215 (Generate a sample of testing involving XLIFF) David Filip has prepared some samples.
13:08:00 [omstefanov]
At last meeting it was decided we need more samples, daveL made some, with Leroy, and after testing they will be put up
13:08:16 [omstefanov]
daveL is closing action item 215
13:08:50 [omstefanov]
Action-251 (make the necessary steps for the mime type section during last call mentioned at to Felix still open
13:09:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
13:09:51 [omstefanov]
Action 277 (Color-code cells in Mappings table dependent on unstable ITS categories or in XLIFF) to David Filip is still ongoing as we still need work on XLIFF
13:09:51 [trackbot]
Error finding '277'. You can review and register nicknames at <>.
13:09:57 [fsasaki]
present+ felix
13:10:21 [dF]
present+ dF
13:10:35 [omstefanov]
DaveL is willing to take over Action-310 (Go through the document and check data category naming (capital first letter plus hyperlink)
13:10:44 [Milan]
Milan has joined #mlw-lt
13:10:44 [fsasaki] now daveL
13:11:21 [omstefanov]
Action-333 (Check if the tables in the draft can get a caption and numbering (might need change to odd and xslt) DaveL is asking whether anyone other than Felix, from editors is on the call.
13:11:32 [daveL_]
13:11:33 [Milan]
present+ Milan
13:11:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
13:12:14 [omstefanov]
Shaunm will take over Action-333
13:12:35 [fsasaki] now shaun
13:12:47 [omstefanov]
Jirka has agreed to take over action-341 (check syntax highlighting of html examples with focus on quotes)
13:13:18 [omstefanov]
ACTION-356 (Draft non-normative definition of "annotation") sill open with Christian L
13:13:34 [fsasaki] now jirka
13:13:39 [omstefanov]
Action-377 (provide rewrite of section 1 and 2 by mid Jan, taking editoral comments in issue-61 into account)
13:14:12 [Pedro]
Pedro has joined #mlw-lt
13:14:37 [omstefanov]
David F to get involved with Action-377 (with Christian L)
13:14:42 [Pedro]
present+ Pedro
13:15:47 [omstefanov]
ACTION-378 (provide an example for clarified "uncategorized" quality issue type value, see 2) at and issue-60) with Arle L - DaveL believes this is resolved
13:16:14 [omstefanov]
Felix indicates that Arle wanted to make a clarification. Still needs to be implemented (the clarification)
13:16:32 [omstefanov]
Action-379 (provide an update of the mapping "quality issue type values to existing tool values", see 3) at and issue-60)
13:16:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
13:16:48 [omstefanov]
This is a non-normative topic that still needs to be updated (by Arle)
13:16:55 [tadej]
tadej has joined #mlw-lt
13:17:30 [fsasaki] now daveL
13:17:32 [omstefanov]
Action-381: DaveL is willing to take over from Felix. (Come back to "relation between data categories" examples mentioned at
13:17:32 [trackbot]
Notes added to ACTION-381 Come back to "relation between data categories" examples mentioned at
13:18:14 [omstefanov]
Action-385 (Shaun McC) Work on regex for validating regex subset proposal)
13:18:25 [tadej]
present+ tadej
13:18:49 [omstefanov]
On this, Felix had errors using Oxygen. Shaun will look in.
13:19:39 [omstefanov]
Action-389 (Felix) (Change example on its-tool-annotation). DaveL will take over from Felix.
13:20:09 [fsasaki] now daveL
13:21:16 [fsasaki]
13:21:23 [omstefanov]
Action-390 (check disambig examples and test suite with regards to presence of annotatorsRef). Tadej says examples are all correct.
13:21:57 [omstefanov]
omstefanov suggests referring to "disambig" as "text annotation" throughout further MLW-LT WG
13:22:05 [kfritsche]
present+ cweins
13:22:16 [omstefanov]
DaveL says Tadej should assist editors here
13:22:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
13:23:22 [Clemens]
Clemens has joined #mlw-lt
13:23:53 [omstefanov]
Action-389 - DaveL will take over from Felix
13:24:04 [omstefanov]
Action-390 remains open, with Tadej
13:24:58 [omstefanov]
Action-392: Make the edit for issue 76. Does anyone know where Arle is on this. Felix says unclear whether just wording change or change of implementation.
13:24:58 [trackbot]
Notes added to ACTION-392 Make the edit for issue 76.
13:25:42 [omstefanov]
Action-393 (go back to Richard I. about new resolution for issue-79) DaveL
13:25:44 [fsasaki]
13:25:51 [omstefanov]
Davel is asking for someone to take over
13:26:25 [omstefanov]
Felix says just one sentence needs to be changed, email sent to Richard. DaveL agrees to take this over
13:27:10 [fsasaki]
13:27:18 [omstefanov]
Action-394 (Add links to examples for issue 80)
13:27:19 [fsasaki]
13:27:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-394 -- Felix Sasaki to add links to examples for issue 80 -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:27:19 [trackbot]
13:27:22 [fsasaki]
13:27:56 [omstefanov]
Felix suggests that this needs an editor to do this.
13:28:40 [omstefanov]
13:28:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-395 -- Felix Sasaki to check what of lang and xml;lang takes precedence -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:28:40 [trackbot]
13:28:46 [fsasaki]
13:28:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-395 -- Felix Sasaki to check what of lang and xml;lang takes precedence -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:28:46 [trackbot]
13:29:46 [omstefanov]
we discussed this last week. broad conclusion is that wording is okay. DaveL has followup action to see how this works with HTML vs. XML
13:30:04 [omstefanov]
Felix will keep this action item.
13:30:12 [omstefanov]
13:30:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-396 -- Ankit Srivastava to create example for xml;lang / lang -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:30:12 [trackbot]
13:30:18 [fsasaki]
13:30:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-396 -- Ankit Srivastava to create example for xml;lang / lang -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:30:18 [trackbot]
13:30:58 [fsasaki]
close action-396
13:30:58 [trackbot]
Closed ACTION-396 Create example for xml;lang / lang.
13:31:02 [omstefanov]
This action should be closed. Has been done.
13:31:14 [omstefanov]
13:31:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-398 -- Felix Sasaki to answer Richard to indicate we'll address this with a rule file in BP -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:31:14 [trackbot]
13:31:21 [omstefanov]
DaveL is taking this over.
13:31:34 [fsasaki] now daveL
13:31:39 [omstefanov]
13:31:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-399 -- Felix Sasaki to draft non-normative section clarifying relations to HTML for issue 89 -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:31:39 [trackbot]
13:31:51 [daveL_]
13:32:18 [daveL_]
13:33:49 [omstefanov]
Felix explains that relation between its and HTML5 needs to be made more clear.
13:34:27 [omstefanov]
DaveL asked Christian L whether this could be covered in Introduction (to its 2.0)
13:35:11 [omstefanov]
Christian L says so far he has not written anything about this. Will do so in next draft, and get persons more knowledgable with HTML5 to review draft text.
13:35:37 [omstefanov]
Should this action (399) be moved to Christian (to do in his update to Section 1)
13:35:41 [fsasaki] now christianL
13:35:53 [omstefanov]
as no objections action 399 to christianL
13:36:08 [Naoto]
Naoto has joined #mlw-lt
13:36:15 [omstefanov]
13:36:15 [trackbot]
ACTION-400 -- Felix Sasaki to edit the specification for Language (MUST missing, etc.) -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:36:15 [trackbot]
13:36:42 [omstefanov]
DaveL says simple edit ("must" missing, etc.)
13:41:22 [omstefanov]
To be left pending, as DaveL and Felix cannot find substance of what needs to be done.
13:41:35 [omstefanov]
13:41:35 [trackbot]
ACTION-405 -- Felix Sasaki to follow up with Christian on tekom as an option. -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:41:35 [trackbot]
13:42:16 [omstefanov]
... for a workshop towards the end of the year. Felix will keep open and follow up.
13:42:20 [omstefanov]
13:42:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-408 -- Felix Sasaki to ensure that there is no MUST in any notes. -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:42:20 [trackbot]
13:42:49 [omstefanov]
action-408: to DaveL
13:42:49 [trackbot]
Notes added to ACTION-408 Ensure that there is no MUST in any notes..
13:42:53 [fsasaki] now daveL
13:42:56 [omstefanov]
13:42:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-412 -- Felix Sasaki to let Norbert know that issue-95 is out of scope. -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:42:56 [trackbot]
13:43:18 [omstefanov]
action-414: to DaveL
13:43:18 [trackbot]
Notes added to ACTION-414 Make edit for issue-100 and get back to Norbert..
13:43:29 [omstefanov]
will follow up with Norbert
13:43:32 [omstefanov]
13:43:32 [trackbot]
ACTION-415 -- Felix Sasaki to update unicode reference for issue-104 -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:43:32 [trackbot]
13:44:02 [omstefanov]
keep with Felix and keep open
13:44:06 [omstefanov]
13:44:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-416 -- Karl Fritsche to propose solution to Norbert and then Felix can add to spec. -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:44:06 [trackbot]
13:44:39 [omstefanov]
Karl said a solution was proposed, sent to Norbert, but no response as of now.
13:44:56 [omstefanov]
DaveL asks Karl to send a 2nd reminder (to Norbert).
13:45:03 [omstefanov]
needs to be done as spec change
13:45:07 [omstefanov]
13:45:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-419 -- Jirka Kosek to make schematron tests described at -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:45:07 [trackbot]
13:45:16 [omstefanov]
pending, as Jirka not on cal
13:45:20 [omstefanov]
13:45:20 [trackbot]
ACTION-420 -- Felix Sasaki to make edit for issue-111 -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:45:20 [trackbot]
13:45:44 [fsasaki]
13:45:54 [fsasaki]
"Implementations MUST NOT combine lists of language ranges from multiple rules or local attributes." This is not needed: overriding of ITS information covers this, hence deleting the sentence.
13:46:26 [omstefanov]
action420: to Jirka
13:47:14 [omstefanov]
13:47:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-412 -- David Lewis to let Norbert know that issue-95 is out of scope. -- due 2013-01-30 -- OPEN
13:47:14 [trackbot]
13:47:39 [omstefanov]
quality-related "must" statements. to be kept open for Arle
13:47:48 [omstefanov]
13:47:48 [trackbot]
ACTION-422 -- Arle Lommel to do copy-editing on the spec -- due 2013-04-01 -- OPEN
13:47:48 [trackbot]
13:48:07 [omstefanov]
any volunteers to assist, as Arle busy leading up to Rome
13:48:32 [omstefanov]
Shaunm volunteers to help
13:49:45 [omstefanov]
DaveL says, exclude look at Section 1, but rest, incl. annexes needs careful read through.
13:50:40 [omstefanov]
Shaunm asks about whether changes need to be approved. DaveL indicates editorial changes do not, anything that changes meaning does.
13:50:52 [omstefanov]
David F points out that this doesn
13:51:16 [omstefanov]
't need to be pushed too hard, as Arle took this over with deadline in April.
13:52:03 [omstefanov]
Felix points out that we now need to concentrate on normative changes. Editorial changes can wait.
13:52:19 [omstefanov]
13:52:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-423 -- Felix Sasaki to do edits for issue-113 -- due 2013-01-31 -- OPEN
13:52:19 [trackbot]
13:52:31 [daveL_]
13:52:57 [omstefanov]
Felix suggests giving this to Yves (not on call).
13:53:30 [omstefanov]
13:53:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-424 -- Arle Lommel to fix section 8.9 note: "since the extra training resources does not justify the improvement in the output." -> "since the extra training resources do not justify the improvement in the output." -- due 2013-01-31 -- OPEN
13:53:31 [trackbot]
13:53:41 [omstefanov]
leave with Arle
13:53:46 [omstefanov]
13:53:46 [trackbot]
ACTION-426 -- Arle Lommel to create an indicator for poster relations -- due 2013-01-31 -- OPEN
13:53:46 [trackbot]
13:54:09 [omstefanov]
DaveL sent out something on this earlier today.
13:54:14 [omstefanov]
Wait until reactions.
13:54:21 [omstefanov]
13:54:43 [omstefanov]
were going to have separate page, but now want people to update their links on their use pages
13:55:05 [fsasaki]
13:55:08 [omstefanov]
asks ChristianL to check other links to see if up-to-date (implementations of use cases)
13:55:18 [omstefanov]
13:55:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-429 -- Felix Sasaki to check xliff ITS mapping namespace hosting in w3c -- due 2013-01-31 -- OPEN
13:55:18 [trackbot]
13:55:40 [omstefanov]
Felix says not urgent for its spec
13:55:43 [omstefanov]
can wait
13:55:46 [omstefanov]
13:55:56 [omstefanov]
13:55:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-430 -- Shaun McCance to draft text explaining importance of Unicode normalization and best practices on ISSUE-67 -- due 2013-02-04 -- OPEN
13:55:56 [trackbot]
13:56:06 [omstefanov]
13:56:21 [omstefanov]
Christian asks to spend 2 min on high level use cases
13:56:49 [omstefanov]
Christian recommends that we will benefit if using some sort of template for examples.
13:57:05 [omstefanov]
Christian says has largely been done, but sees one discrepancy
13:57:19 [omstefanov]
is referring to 3rd part in each section template
13:57:26 [chriLi]
More Information and Implementation Status/Issues
13:58:00 [chriLi]
Detailed slides at , Running software, ....
13:58:08 [omstefanov]
in some sections we have detail slides and running software and source code (not in other?)
13:58:17 [chriLi]
13:58:42 [omstefanov]
should we have guidance that each and every implementor be required to do this?
13:58:58 [omstefanov]
is this appropriate information to have in a note?
13:59:12 [omstefanov]
DaveL suggests that one option is NOT to have it in.
13:59:28 [omstefanov]
ChristianL responds that at this point in time this info is very useful.
14:00:00 [omstefanov]
But, ChristianL says he sees how some of this info can become "stale" over time and thus sees not have it in formal note
14:01:15 [omstefanov]
felix suggests leaving a working draft that, before the WG closes later this year that can be updated later
14:02:35 [daveL_]
action: dlewis6 to send mail instructing use case writer to include linked to further information and working prototpyes
14:02:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-448 - Send mail instructing use case writer to include linked to further information and working prototpyes [on David Lewis - due 2013-02-20].
14:03:39 [omstefanov]
DaveL asks felix whether there is anything else to take over
14:04:24 [daveL_]
olaf made point that flights and hotel in rome are going quickly
14:05:17 [omstefanov]
felix asks whether to skip Monday call
14:06:14 [omstefanov]
DaveL suggests that there are issues for Monday. (Tadej and Christian to report.) DaveL will chair again.
14:06:38 [omstefanov]
Felix indicates that there will be NO merging of datacategories, only levels dropped
14:07:03 [omstefanov]
Felix thinks that the name changes can also be accepted as non-normative.
14:08:03 [omstefanov]
rrsagent, draft minutes
14:08:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate omstefanov
14:10:59 [daveL_]
rrsagent, generate minutes
14:10:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate daveL_
14:11:11 [daveL_]
rrsagent, make logs public
14:28:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki
16:02:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate fsasaki