IRC log of eo on 2013-02-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:22:29 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #eo
13:22:29 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/02/08-eo-irc
13:22:31 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
13:22:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #eo
13:22:33 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 3694
13:22:33 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_EOWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
13:22:34 [trackbot]
Meeting: Education and Outreach Working Group Teleconference
13:22:34 [trackbot]
Date: 08 February 2013
13:25:14 [Sharron]
Chair: Shawn
13:25:19 [Sharron]
Scribe: Sharron
13:26:04 [Zakim]
WAI_EOWG()8:30AM has now started
13:26:11 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:26:28 [Sharron]
Regrets: Wayne
13:26:51 [Suzette2]
Hi, am I first on the voice call? Suzete
13:27:18 [Sharron]
zakim, [IPcaller is Suzette]
13:27:18 [Zakim]
+Suzette]; got it
13:28:16 [shawn]
Regrets+ Sylvie
13:28:36 [Zakim]
+Sharron
13:28:48 [Bim]
zakim, call Bim-617
13:28:48 [Zakim]
ok, Bim; the call is being made
13:28:49 [Zakim]
+Bim
13:29:01 [Zakim]
+Shawn
13:29:32 [AnnaBelle]
AnnaBelle has joined #eo
13:29:53 [Zakim]
+Shadi
13:29:56 [Jennifer]
Jennifer has joined #eo
13:29:56 [AnnaBelle]
Morning! I can't call in with passcode 3694#
13:31:19 [Zakim]
+Andrew
13:32:14 [Bim]
zakim, mute me
13:32:14 [Zakim]
Bim should now be muted
13:32:48 [Zakim]
+Jennifer
13:32:54 [shawn]
zakim, code?
13:32:54 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3694 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 sip:zakim@voip.w3.org), shawn
13:33:27 [shawn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:33:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Suzette], Sharron, Bim (muted), Shawn, Shadi, Andrew, Jennifer
13:34:03 [AnnaBelle]
Third time it's given me "This passcode is not valid" for 3694.
13:34:14 [AnnaBelle]
Will try again in about 5
13:34:54 [AnnaBelle]
Glad Andrew likes!
13:35:54 [Zakim]
+AnnaBelle
13:36:44 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:36:44 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:36:46 [Sharron]
Andrew: The Indie UI diagram is great.
13:38:21 [Sharron]
Topic: Easy Checks - Flow
13:38:34 [LiamM]
LiamM has joined #eo
13:39:10 [shadi]
ack me
13:39:41 [Sharron]
Shawn: This is about the order of the checks, Suzette brought up a good point - what is the story we are telling? Are we saying, here is a process you can go through. Or are we saying, here are important, common things to check?
13:40:13 [Sharron]
...Suzette had an idea for reorganization. She put that in a new wiki page for us to review. Thanks Suzette for doing that.
13:40:32 [Sharron]
...several people commented
13:40:41 [Sharron]
Andrew: reads the flow comments
13:42:55 [shawn]
zakim, who is making noise?
13:43:08 [Zakim]
shawn, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Suzette] (9%), Shadi (29%), Sharron (10%), Shawn (9%), Jennifer (5%)
13:43:18 [Sharron]
Suzette: The main content is changing as we are still discussing it. I was glad to see trying out the new format with the Forms content. I think this order might be easier for the novice to relate to.
13:43:28 [Sharron]
Shadi: Can you say more about the elements?
13:43:46 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:43:58 [LiamM]
zakim, +[IPcaller] is LiamM
13:43:58 [Zakim]
sorry, LiamM, I do not recognize a party named '+[IPcaller]'
13:44:05 [LiamM]
zakim, [IPcaller] is LiamM
13:44:05 [Zakim]
+LiamM; got it
13:44:29 [Sharron]
Suzette: Wanted to put things into terms that can be understood by those who don't develop or may not be familiar.
13:45:14 [shawn]
zakim, who is making noise?
13:45:24 [Zakim]
shawn, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: AnnaBelle (4%)
13:45:51 [Sharron]
Shadi: To start with page title seems like it may be confusing because the accessibility issue is not as clear. Starting with something like headings might be better because it involves design.
13:46:20 [Sharron]
Jennifer: But starting with page title is good becasue it is so easy. it begins with soemthing that is very easynto accomplish and understand.
13:46:43 [Sharron]
Liam: If you only have access to CMS, headings are easier to change than page title.
13:47:08 [Sharron]
Shawn: We're expecting that people may not be on their own site.
13:47:47 [shadi]
q+
13:48:20 [Sharron]
...so in summary, the questions are - do we want an easy win, and easy check, a clear accessibility issue, or what is the emphasis to be?
13:49:00 [Sharron]
Sharron: I agree with Jennifer
13:49:22 [Sharron]
Shawn: It is the simplest in terms of the instructions themselves - easy to do.
13:49:23 [Suzette2]
q+
13:50:19 [Sharron]
Sharron: I am not sure that people will be making judgements about what is or is not an accessiiblity issue
13:50:26 [shadi]
ack me
13:50:30 [Sharron]
Shawn: And there is a short reference in the intro
13:50:33 [shawn]
q/
13:50:35 [shawn]
q?
13:51:01 [shawn]
ack s
13:51:39 [Sharron]
Shadi: Jennifer convinced me. The better chance of winning is a positive encouragement so I want to move away from the idea that the order is not relative to the importance of the issue.
13:52:03 [Sharron]
...color contrast then seems as though it would come before keyboard access
13:53:13 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:53:13 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:53:58 [Sharron]
Suzette: Must identify which page you are testing and so if there is a good title, you will be more able to do that.
13:54:36 [Sharron]
AnnaBelle: Are we going to explicitly state the order in the introduction?
13:55:31 [Sharron]
Sharron: That would support Shadi's comment that we need to get away from the idea that it is in order of importance
13:55:46 [Sharron]
Shawn: When we move this to a page, we will nto have numbered order.
13:55:47 [shadi]
ack me
13:55:48 [Bim]
ack me
13:55:55 [Sharron]
Jennifer: No strong opinion.
13:56:28 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
13:56:28 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
13:56:37 [Andrew]
not in order of importance, rather in (sort of) order of complexity - worth mentioning
13:56:44 [Sharron]
Shadi: That may be a bit too formal. In the How to Use this Document section, perhaps make sure that there is no misunderstanding about ordered for importance.
13:57:03 [Sharron]
Shawn: Are we OK saying to just watch for this later?
13:57:09 [Bim]
ack me
13:57:22 [Bim]
zakim, mute me
13:57:22 [Zakim]
Bim should now be muted
13:57:41 [Sharron]
...that is something we can check out at CSUN. Informal user testing, and see what people assume?
13:58:27 [shawn]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/Eval_Analysis
13:58:38 [Sharron]
Action: Andrew to add note about order to evaluation analysis page. Will add section on notes for usability testing.
13:58:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-269 - Add note about order to evaluation analysis page. Will add section on notes for usability testing. [on Andrew Arch - due 2013-02-15].
13:59:46 [Sharron]
Shawn: I had some comments on the headings and will see if we have time to come back to that
13:59:59 [Sharron]
Topic: Easy Checks - Indicating nonvisual and visual checks
14:01:03 [Sharron]
Shawn: Did you ahve a chance to look at that? Some steps require you to see the page visually. We have also been mindful of including checks that can be done without being able to see.
14:01:50 [Sharron]
...Sharron and Vicki said the current way of labeling is cluttered, what do others think?
14:02:34 [Sharron]
Jennifer: Absolutely agree with the clutter comment. I'm just having a hard time estimating how many sub points will there be?
14:02:51 [Sharron]
...I think blind people will be able to figure out what they can and cannot do.
14:03:00 [LiamM]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:03:11 [Zakim]
LiamM, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Andrew (29%), Jennifer (48%)
14:03:23 [Sharron]
...in a wierd kind of way it shows that blind users may be limited if they are hired as a tester.
14:04:05 [Sharron]
Sharron: one short sentence
14:04:14 [shadi]
q+
14:04:16 [Bim]
q1
14:04:17 [shawn]
Some checks require you to be able to see the visual rendering of the page. These are marked [visual]. We've indicated checks that do not require seeing the page with [non-visual].
14:04:35 [Sharron]
Jennifer: Yes that is what I was thinking and if people catch it in the intro , fine.
14:04:37 [shawn]
ack s
14:04:44 [shadi]
ack me
14:05:23 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
14:05:23 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
14:05:25 [Sharron]
Shadi: Is it only visual that is an impact. What about multimedia aspect that may be inaccessible to some?
14:05:25 [Suzette2]
q+
14:05:37 [shawn]
ack bim
14:05:41 [Bim]
ack me
14:06:39 [Sharron]
Bim: I was thinking about using the word concentrate. The test concentrate on ... or something. Many of these tests can be performed by everyone and if not, they are indicated.
14:06:49 [shawn]
ack s
14:06:55 [Sharron]
Shawn: So the point is to say that everyone can do most things
14:07:03 [Bim]
zakim, mute me
14:07:03 [Zakim]
Bim should now be muted
14:07:52 [Sharron]
Suzette: One of the benefits of ordering by elements as I suggested is that it moves away from the idea that people with disabilities cannot do effective evaluation.
14:08:29 [Bim]
ack me
14:08:40 [Sharron]
Shawn: if youa re a screen reader user, or you are deaf and you can't do some of these checks, would it be annoying to realize that while you are in process?
14:08:53 [Bim]
q+
14:09:29 [Sharron]
Andrew: I think that most people will read through the checks first and be able to self-regulate about whether they will be able to complete the process before they jump in and find out while in process. They will recognize their ability to complete.
14:10:27 [Sharron]
Bim: Blind people are very well aware of what they are/are not able to do. In many cases, if a blind person is testing, they are often assigned a work buddy. Let's don't be too precious about it.
14:10:31 [shadi]
q+
14:10:36 [shawn]
ack b
14:10:46 [shadi]
ack me
14:10:46 [shawn]
ack s
14:10:49 [Bim]
zakim, mute me
14:10:49 [Zakim]
Bim should now be muted
14:10:56 [Sharron]
Shawn: Take all references off of the section headings and add to the watch items.
14:11:23 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
14:11:23 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
14:11:27 [Sharron]
Shadi: Yes, I support that. And related to the ordering, we should be mindful to start with things that can be perfromed by all.
14:11:48 [Sharron]
Jennifer: Yes I can't think of anyone who can't check for page titles.
14:12:16 [Bim]
+1
14:12:20 [Sharron]
Shawn: Andrew, please add that to the Analysis wiki
14:12:30 [LiamM]
+1
14:12:42 [Suzette2]
good
14:13:00 [Sharron]
...and add to the usability testing as well, please.
14:13:26 [Sharron]
Topic: Easy Checks - specific sections
14:13:33 [Sharron]
Subtopic: Multimedia
14:13:40 [shawn]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/Web_Accessibility_Preliminary_Evaluation#Check_multimedia_.28video.2C_audio.29_alternatives
14:14:07 [Sharron]
Shawn: Sharron updated this section. Have people had time to review?
14:14:22 [shawn]
zakim, who is noisey?
14:14:22 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, shawn.
14:14:28 [shawn]
zakim, who is making noise?
14:14:39 [Zakim]
shawn, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Sharron (4%)
14:14:46 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #EO
14:15:23 [Andrew]
ack me
14:16:36 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #EO
14:16:52 [Sharron]
Suzette: About auto-play, should we not mention that?
14:17:00 [Andrew]
and what about audio contrast?
14:17:01 [Bim]
level
14:17:02 [Bim]
a
14:17:05 [Sharron]
Sharron: Yes I did not even think about that, good point.
14:17:50 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:17:54 [Sharron]
Andrew: What about the question of audio contrast?
14:18:00 [IanPouncey]
Zakim, IPcaller is me
14:18:00 [Zakim]
+IanPouncey; got it
14:18:09 [Sharron]
Shawn: Is that beyond Easy Check?
14:18:45 [Sharron]
Andrew: Well I think most people with standard hearing should be able to make a brief judgement about whether it is comprehensible.
14:19:24 [Sharron]
Jennifer: It is an easy check but since this sectin is short and sweet, do we want to make it longer and more complex?
14:20:35 [Sharron]
Shawn: And it is not really an easy check to make a final decision about it, only that it MIGHT be an issue for further investigation.
14:21:12 [shadi]
+1 to liam
14:21:13 [Sharron]
...since not easy to finally determine and not a frequently occuring problem, we can leave it out. Or we can say it is an easy one to understand and so we could include it.
14:21:48 [Sharron]
Liam: I am in favor of leaving it out as a rare and unusual problem that could only confuse people.
14:22:32 [Sharron]
Shawn: OK, if no objections we will leave that out.
14:22:56 [Sharron]
Liam: and putting in specific instructions, such as how to turn on captions.
14:23:07 [Sharron]
Shawn: Thoughts on that? anyone?
14:23:12 [Andrew]
ack me
14:24:02 [Sharron]
Shawn: Do we need to say how to in YouTube only? Bimeo as well?
14:24:17 [Sharron]
Liam: We should do both.
14:24:35 [Andrew]
s/Bimeo /Vimeo
14:27:26 [Andrew]
I sometimes recomend also offering a download option to play in the agent of choice
14:29:34 [Sharron]
Shawn: Because the multimedia issues may be quite complex, we have simplified to the point that an assumption might be made that every video must have audio description, captioning and transcript. Which is not true.
14:30:02 [Sharron]
...is ther a good place to point about explaining the levels well for multimedia
14:30:23 [Sharron]
...do we need to say something about conformance levels in relation to multimedia.
14:30:29 [shawn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:30:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Suzette], Sharron, Bim (muted), Shawn, Shadi (muted), Andrew, Jennifer, AnnaBelle, LiamM, IanPouncey
14:30:30 [Bim]
ack me
14:30:43 [Bim]
Q+
14:31:51 [shadi]
ack me
14:33:01 [Sharron]
Bim: I was just thinking that it is very complex although it could be explained in a few words. Is there enough explanation of the fact that its audio description OR transcript to meet level A?
14:33:24 [Sharron]
Shawn: It is not easy to find that answer in the current guidelines.
14:33:42 [Sharron]
Sharron: Should that be in the intro?
14:34:25 [Sharron]
Bim: Could it be in What to Look For? Audio description for AA, AD or transcript for A?
14:34:37 [Bim]
zakim, mute me
14:34:37 [Zakim]
Bim should now be muted
14:35:44 [Andrew]
talk of levels would just seem to add a layer of confusion for new folk - especially if just on some checks
14:36:17 [Sharron]
action: Sharron to take comments about multimedia and revise for review
14:36:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-270 - Take comments about multimedia and revise for review [on Sharron Rush - due 2013-02-15].
14:36:22 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
14:36:22 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
14:36:33 [Sharron]
Subtopic: Page titles
14:37:50 [Sharron]
Shawn: This one is getting close, want to pull out few remaining things. Comments were made about visual complexity, needed simplification. Edits have been made, what to people think. Particularly about Tips.
14:40:22 [Andrew]
examples are good to aid understanding
14:40:37 [Bim]
like the examples
14:40:50 [Sharron]
Sharron: +1
14:40:56 [Suzette2]
+1
14:41:59 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:42:33 [Zakim]
-LiamM
14:42:43 [Sharron]
Shawn: I deleted a bunch of things, is it OK as is?
14:43:27 [Sharron]
...a few actions that need to be done.
14:43:40 [Bim]
ack me
14:44:40 [LiamM]
LiamM has joined #eo
14:45:22 [Sharron]
ACTION: Andrew to look up keyboard equivalents on FF toolbar instructions for page title and other places where @@keyboard equivalent occurs on wiki page.?
14:45:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-271 - Look up keyboard equivalents on FF toolbar instructions for page title and other places where @@keyboard equivalent occurs on wiki page.? [on Andrew Arch - due 2013-02-15].
14:45:41 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:45:59 [LiamM]
zakim, [IPCaller] is LiamM
14:45:59 [Zakim]
+LiamM; got it
14:46:22 [Bim]
zakim, mute me
14:46:22 [Zakim]
Bim should now be muted
14:46:35 [Sharron]
AnnaBelle: Do we talk about trying to get images in. I thought about trying to do this on my own site as a sandbox.
14:46:43 [Sharron]
Shawn: send me the images?
14:47:04 [Sharron]
AnnaBelle: I like to work with them a bit first. I will point you to that when I am done.
14:47:25 [Sharron]
ACTION: Shawn to figure out how to add images in the wiki.
14:47:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-272 - Figure out how to add images in the wiki. [on Shawn Henry - due 2013-02-15].
14:48:14 [Sharron]
Subtopic: Alt Text
14:48:53 [shawn]
Alt text depends on content. For example, for an image of a dog on a kennel club website, the alt text might include the breed of the dog; however, the same image on a dog park website may be there just to make the page more attractive, and the image might not need any alt text (null alt explained below). [@@ new sentence:] One way to help think about appropriate alt text is: if you were helping
14:48:54 [shawn]
someone read and interact with the web page and they cannot see it, what would you say about the image?
14:50:07 [Sharron]
Shawn: Does the new sentence help?
14:50:18 [Bim]
Q+
14:50:28 [Sharron]
Jennifer: Yes and is clear as is, do not need the phone reference in this context.
14:50:32 [Bim]
ack me
14:50:43 [Sharron]
Sharron: +1 to Jennifer
14:52:45 [Bim]
zakim, mute me
14:52:45 [Zakim]
Bim should now be muted
14:53:34 [Sharron]
Shawn: If the image is sufficiently described in the text for example, a simple diagram illustrating what's written in the web page text it does not need additional alt text. [@@ suggest null or "illustration described in main text" or other? Andrew: I usually suggest alt-text along the lines of "Diagram of (something) as describe above/below"]
14:53:52 [Andrew]
important iomage still, so not NUL
14:54:14 [Sharron]
Jennifer: I personally prefer diagram xyz is described below but not sure if I am in the minority.
14:54:57 [Sharron]
Andrew: So a person who does not see the image, knows that it is there in case of conversation about it with a sighted user.
14:55:42 [Sharron]
Jennifer: Yes, I like to know that the diagram is there
14:56:03 [Zakim]
+Shadi
14:56:05 [Sharron]
Shawn: The alt text does not need to include the words "button", "link", or "image of". [@@suzette: because the screen reader will indicate this automatically. shawn: too screen reader focused? what about others not seeing images? andrew: alt-text for PWD is primarily for screen-reader users]
14:56:13 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
14:56:13 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
14:57:02 [Sharron]
Suzette: It is important to help people understand how it is announced so that they know why it is redundant.
14:57:16 [Andrew]
Suzette's suggestion adds explanation
14:57:42 [Sharron]
Shawn: We generally want to be careful about feeding the myth that it is for blind users only.
14:58:11 [Bim]
Q+
14:58:15 [Sharron]
Sharron: Could say assitive technology instead
14:58:20 [Andrew]
people will wonder why not to add 'button' etc if they're new
14:58:24 [Bim]
ack me
14:59:15 [Sharron]
Bim: Does it have to be about screen readers?
14:59:57 [Sharron]
...There is normally a placeholder related to the size of the image so you would be aware that the image was not there.
15:00:19 [Sharron]
Shawn: But if you are a sighted user, with images turned off, you might not know it is a button.
15:00:23 [Bim]
zakim, mute me
15:00:23 [Zakim]
Bim should now be muted
15:00:24 [shadi]
ack me
15:00:28 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
15:00:28 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
15:02:19 [shawn]
alt decistion tree: http://dev.w3.org/html5/alt-techniques/#tree
15:02:20 [Sharron]
Shawn: There is in the EOWG notes section a link to the decision tree. We would not want to reference now, but maybe after publication as a draft
15:03:03 [shadi]
q+
15:03:03 [Sharron]
...question is whether to possibly confuse people about the Easy Check
15:03:10 [Andrew]
+1
15:03:18 [Sharron]
Sharron: Why not put it in the "To Learn More" section?
15:03:43 [shadi]
ack me
15:03:43 [Sharron]
Jennifer: +1
15:04:46 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
15:04:46 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
15:04:53 [Sharron]
Shadi: you mentioned earlier the Application Notes and I know this draft is coming out before that, but you could add that there will be more information coming. This might help us prioritize the Application Notes
15:04:58 [shadi]
ack me
15:05:02 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
15:05:03 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
15:07:15 [Sharron]
Shawn: Andrew vbrought up the possibility of confusing people about the fact that CSS images will not have alt. But the explanation itself could add complexity. Thoughts?
15:07:17 [Bim]
ack me
15:07:39 [Sharron]
Bim: I don't think it is that complex to explain.
15:07:54 [Sharron]
Shawn: Our target audience for this may not know what CSS is.
15:08:16 [Bim]
zakim, me me
15:08:17 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'me me', Bim
15:08:25 [Sharron]
Liam: Stay away from it. We can't get them to do everything, let's get them to do something that they understand fairly easily.
15:08:43 [Sharron]
Andrew: Must accept that they will be confused in some circumstance.
15:09:10 [Sharron]
Shawn: But during usability testing, we should look out for that confusion and see how much of a problem it is.
15:10:06 [Sharron]
Topic - Title Ideas for Easy Checks document
15:10:15 [shawn]
Easy Checks - A First Look at Web Accessibility
15:10:36 [Sharron]
Shawn: Current title is "Easy Checks-a First Look at Web Accessibility"
15:10:40 [Bim]
ack me
15:11:08 [shawn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:11:08 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Suzette], Sharron, Bim, Shawn, Andrew, Jennifer, AnnaBelle, IanPouncey, LiamM, Shadi (muted)
15:11:21 [Sharron]
Bim: I like it, it is reassuring but gives the clear message that it is not a complete audit. It has the right kind of wording for those who use search engines.
15:11:28 [Bim]
zakim, mute me
15:11:28 [Zakim]
Bim should now be muted
15:11:35 [LiamM]
q+ to ask about confusion with 'Preliminary Review of Websites for Accessibility'
15:11:45 [shadi]
ack me
15:11:53 [Sharron]
Andrew: I can live with it
15:11:57 [shawn]
ack liam
15:11:57 [Zakim]
LiamM, you wanted to ask about confusion with 'Preliminary Review of Websites for Accessibility'
15:12:05 [Andrew]
proposed title doesn't quite work for me, but it's ok
15:13:04 [Sharron]
Liam: Wondering if the title clearly provides a signpost to differentiate from previous documents.
15:13:07 [Sharron]
Shawn: This will replace that document.
15:13:27 [Andrew]
"A First Look at Web Accessibility" is misleading - it's just a first look at testing/checking
15:13:29 [Sharron]
..probably should put somewhere "formerly known as..."
15:13:37 [LiamM]
zakim, please mute me
15:13:37 [Zakim]
LiamM should now be muted
15:14:10 [Sharron]
Shawn: Right but it does asay checks.
15:14:33 [Sharron]
Andrew: But this really does not describe web accessibility but does describe a testing process.
15:15:04 [Sharron]
Shadi: I had a similar reaction. It is different than a first idea of web accessibility.
15:15:30 [shawn]
old notes: <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/Eval_Analysis#Title_ideas>
15:15:33 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
15:15:33 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
15:16:23 [Sharron]
Shawn: There is a link to title ideas with notes on other considerations
15:16:52 [Sharron]
Shawn: The words test and evaluation were considered.
15:16:56 [shadi]
Easy Checks - Way to Explore Your Website
15:17:12 [shadi]
Easy Checks - Ways to Explore Web Accessibility
15:18:01 [shadi]
q+
15:18:14 [Andrew]
Explore is good - doen't imply THE answer either
15:18:21 [shawn]
Easy Checks - A First Evaluation of Web Accessibility
15:18:30 [shawn]
Easy Checks - A First Text for Web Accessibility
15:18:30 [shadi]
ack me
15:19:06 [Andrew]
Easy Checks - An Initial test for Web Accessibility
15:19:07 [shawn]
Easy Checks - A First Test for Web Accessibility
15:19:43 [shadi]
A First Check for Web Accessibility
15:19:52 [shadi]
First Checks for Web Accessibility
15:20:03 [LiamM]
+1 what shadi typed
15:20:37 [shawn]
Easy Checks for Web Accessibility
15:20:45 [shadi]
First Easy Checks for Web Accessibility
15:20:59 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
15:20:59 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
15:21:22 [shawn]
Easy Checks - First Tests for Web Accessibility
15:21:31 [shawn]
Easy Checks - A First Test of Web Accessibility
15:21:35 [AnnaBelle]
Maybe "First Review"?
15:22:02 [Bim]
ack me
15:22:04 [shadi]
+1 for first review
15:22:38 [shawn]
Easy Checks - First Review of Web Accessibility
15:22:41 [Andrew]
Easy Checks - Simple Tests for Web Accessibility
15:22:45 [Bim]
zamim, mute me
15:23:04 [shadi]
ack me
15:23:35 [LiamM]
zakim, please mute Bim
15:23:35 [Zakim]
Bim should now be muted
15:24:27 [shadi]
zakim, mute me
15:24:27 [Zakim]
Shadi should now be muted
15:25:14 [shawn]
First Checks - Simple Tests for Web Accessibility
15:25:33 [shawn]
Easy Checks - First Review of Web Accessibility
15:25:41 [Bim]
ack me
15:25:48 [shawn]
Easy Checks - A First Review of Web Accessibility
15:25:56 [Andrew]
and 'simple' sounds like anyone could do it
15:27:09 [Bim]
zakim, mute me
15:27:09 [Zakim]
Bim should now be muted
15:27:19 [shadi]
ack me
15:27:41 [shawn]
agenda+ Liam news
15:28:11 [Bim]
ack me
15:28:17 [Andrew]
Quick Checks - A First Review of Web Accessibility
15:28:36 [Bim]
zakim, mute me
15:28:36 [Zakim]
Bim should now be muted
15:28:42 [LiamM]
'First Text wins of
15:29:07 [Sharron]
Shawn: Jennifer drafted a "next Steps" section.
15:29:08 [LiamM]
'First Test' wins over 'First Check' in prevalence in search expressions - https://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=first%20check,%20first%20test
15:29:40 [Sharron]
...please review and we will discuss next week. Also wanted people to note tha the time has been set for TPAC in China. Please check in on that.
15:29:53 [LiamM]
ah... nope, Test here mainly referring to cricket...
15:30:05 [LiamM]
Yep :)
15:30:16 [Andrew]
yes - congrats
15:30:29 [LiamM]
ack me
15:30:47 [shawn]
zakim, drop agenda 1
15:30:47 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Liam news, dropped
15:31:29 [Sharron]
Shawn: Thanks all, have alovely weekedn, all the best.
15:31:31 [Zakim]
-AnnaBelle
15:31:32 [Zakim]
-Jennifer
15:31:32 [Bim]
ack me
15:31:40 [Zakim]
-Shadi
15:31:41 [Zakim]
-IanPouncey
15:31:42 [Sharron]
zakim, end meeting
15:31:42 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'end meeting', Sharron
15:31:45 [Zakim]
-LiamM
15:31:46 [Zakim]
-Bim
15:31:51 [Zakim]
-Suzette]
15:31:54 [Sharron]
trackbot, end meeting
15:31:54 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
15:31:54 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Suzette], Sharron, Bim, Shawn, Shadi, Andrew, Jennifer, AnnaBelle, LiamM, IanPouncey
15:32:01 [shawn]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:32:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sharron, Shawn, Andrew
15:32:02 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
15:32:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/02/08-eo-minutes.html trackbot
15:32:03 [Zakim]
-Andrew
15:32:03 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
15:32:03 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2013/02/08-eo-actions.rdf :
15:32:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andrew to add note about order to evaluation analysis page. Will add section on notes for usability testing. [1]
15:32:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/02/08-eo-irc#T13-58-38
15:32:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sharron to take comments about multimedia and revise for review [2]
15:32:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/02/08-eo-irc#T14-36-17
15:32:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andrew to look up keyboard equivalents on FF toolbar instructions for page title and other places where @@keyboard equivalent occurs on wiki page.? [3]
15:32:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/02/08-eo-irc#T14-45-22
15:32:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shawn to figure out how to add images in the wiki. [4]
15:32:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2013/02/08-eo-irc#T14-47-25
15:32:16 [Suzette2]
Good luck at CSUN -see you when I get back