IRC log of html-a11y on 2013-02-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:59:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-a11y
15:59:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/02/07-html-a11y-irc
15:59:40 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:59:40 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-a11y
15:59:42 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 2119
15:59:42 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)10:00AM scheduled to start 59 minutes ago
15:59:43 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
15:59:43 [trackbot]
Date: 07 February 2013
16:00:32 [Zakim]
WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)10:00AM has now started
16:00:36 [Zakim]
+??P2
16:00:41 [Zakim]
+[Apple]
16:00:45 [hober]
Zakim, Apple is me
16:00:45 [Zakim]
+hober; got it
16:01:05 [Zakim]
+??P12
16:01:17 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P12 is Léonie_Watson
16:01:17 [Zakim]
+Léonie_Watson; got it
16:01:25 [Zakim]
+??P13
16:01:35 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??p13 is Steve_Faulkner
16:01:35 [Zakim]
+Steve_Faulkner; got it
16:01:44 [paulc]
paulc has joined #html-a11y
16:01:44 [Zakim]
+Judy
16:02:07 [Stevef]
agenda+ Identify Scribe http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List
16:02:08 [Stevef]
agenda+ Longdesc Extension Update http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-proposals/raw-file/b63325998cc1/longdesc1/longdesc.html
16:02:10 [Stevef]
agenda+ Status of "alt" text in HTML (specification and usage in the document)
16:02:11 [Stevef]
agenda+ Media Bugs (Continued) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Nov/0040.html
16:02:13 [Stevef]
agenda+ Text Bugs
16:02:14 [Stevef]
agenda+ Subteam Reports: Bug Triage; AAPI Mapping;
16:02:16 [Zakim]
+John_Foliot
16:02:16 [Stevef]
agenda+ Actions Review http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open
16:02:17 [Stevef]
agenda+ Other Business
16:02:19 [Stevef]
agenda+ Identify Scribe for the next TF teleconference http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List
16:02:20 [Stevef]
agenda+ be done
16:02:21 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:03:15 [LeonieWatson]
LeonieWatson has joined #html-a11y
16:03:24 [JF]
JF has joined #html-a11y
16:03:31 [paulc]
zakim, [Microsoft] has paulc
16:03:31 [Zakim]
+paulc; got it
16:04:39 [LeonieWatson]
scribe: LeonieWatson
16:04:49 [LeonieWatson]
zakim, take up item 1
16:04:49 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Identify Scribe http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List" taken up [from Stevef]
16:04:56 [LeonieWatson]
zakim, close item 1
16:04:56 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Identify Scribe http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/index.php?title=Scribe_List, closed
16:04:59 [Zakim]
I see 9 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:04:59 [Zakim]
2. Longdesc Extension Update http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-proposals/raw-file/b63325998cc1/longdesc1/longdesc.html [from Stevef]
16:05:02 [LeonieWatson]
zakim, next item
16:05:04 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Longdesc Extension Update http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-proposals/raw-file/b63325998cc1/longdesc1/longdesc.html" taken up [from Stevef]
16:06:58 [LeonieWatson]
JB: Status is that there are gaps, and we're aiming to have agreement about the changes needed by this coming Monday.
16:07:09 [paulc]
q+
16:07:31 [Stevef]
ack paulc
16:08:16 [LeonieWatson]
PC: Suggest one of the TF chairs send a note to the WG list, as last week on the WG call we were expecting this to be ready tomorrow.
16:08:24 [LeonieWatson]
SF: Ok.
16:08:51 [LeonieWatson]
zakim, next item
16:08:51 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Status of "alt" text in HTML (specification and usage in the document)" taken up [from Stevef]
16:09:40 [LeonieWatson]
SF: Status is that Janina needs to respond to Robin about this.
16:10:04 [Zakim]
-Judy
16:10:04 [LeonieWatson]
SF: General message from Robin was to file bugs and we'll get it moving.
16:10:05 [Zakim]
+Judy
16:10:21 [paulc]
q+
16:10:25 [LeonieWatson]
JF: Are you still taking bugs on that document?
16:10:28 [LeonieWatson]
SF: Yes.
16:10:47 [Stevef]
ack paulc
16:11:35 [LeonieWatson]
PC: John, it's Alt text in HTML that's blocked.
16:11:43 [Zakim]
+??P16
16:11:46 [LeonieWatson]
JF: Thanks, will follow up with Steve.
16:12:26 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P16 is Janina_Sajka
16:12:26 [Zakim]
+Janina_Sajka; got it
16:12:46 [LeonieWatson]
JS: I have a draft response to Robin that's almost ready.
16:13:36 [LeonieWatson]
JS: I want to be sure we're clear about all the pieces before we respond.
16:13:50 [paulc]
q+
16:13:57 [LeonieWatson]
JS: I'm not sure we've evaluated everything.
16:14:04 [Stevef]
ack paulc
16:14:47 [LeonieWatson]
PC: I'm a little flabbergasted. Several times on this call we've discussed solving specific problems. Why can't we just file bugs on the simple stuff?
16:15:17 [Judy]
Judy has joined #html-a11y
16:15:25 [LeonieWatson]
JS: On the alt text in the spec, yes we can. The authoring guidance is the problem. If we could remove that guidance and replace it with Steve's document...
16:15:26 [Judy]
q+
16:16:07 [LeonieWatson]
PC: Let's not delay filing bugs on the second part of the doc, let's get them filed and fixed.
16:17:00 [LeonieWatson]
JS: I don't see a problem, providing we understand that's only part of what we need to address.
16:17:12 [Stevef]
ack judy
16:17:38 [LeonieWatson]
JB: Agree with Paul, but we do need to address the authoring guidance too.
16:17:46 [LeonieWatson]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:17:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/02/07-html-a11y-minutes.html LeonieWatson
16:18:20 [LeonieWatson]
zakim, next item
16:18:20 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Media Bugs (Continued) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Nov/0040.html" taken up [from Stevef]
16:19:21 [MichaelC]
-> http://www.w3.org/2013/01/31-html-a11y-minutes#item02 Media bugs discussion from last week
16:20:09 [MichaelC]
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11593
16:21:15 [LeonieWatson]
JF: We can let this one go.
16:21:25 [Zakim]
-Janina_Sajka
16:21:50 [Zakim]
+??P15
16:22:51 [MichaelC]
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12545
16:23:01 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??p15 is Janina_Sajka
16:23:01 [Zakim]
+Janina_Sajka; got it
16:23:57 [LeonieWatson]
SF: Silvia is happy to close thise one.
16:24:45 [MichaelC]
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13692
16:25:02 [Stevef]
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13692
16:27:06 [paulc]
q+
16:27:19 [Stevef]
ack paulc
16:27:25 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly
16:28:01 [Zakim]
-Léonie_Watson
16:30:41 [paulc]
works for me
16:32:21 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:32:23 [Judy]
--- Text bug processing background, update, and links ---
16:32:23 [Judy]
Leonie's Dec 4 bug processing request to text subteam
16:32:23 [Judy]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Dec/0013.html
16:32:23 [Judy]
List of text bugs to process
16:32:23 [Judy]
<http://tinyurl.com/ckoq2cd>
16:32:24 [Judy]
Minutes from initial processing round of 11 Dec 2012
16:32:25 [Judy]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Dec/0054.html
16:32:29 [Judy]
which documented recommended actions on the following bugs
16:32:31 [Judy]
9216, 10642, 13461, 13727, 13728
16:32:33 [Judy]
but also resulted in a request for additional bugzilla component to more clearly tag things to the TF
16:33:22 [LeonieWatson]
LeonieWatson has joined #html-a11y
16:34:50 [MichaelC]
zakim, Ipcaller is Léonie_Watson
16:34:50 [Zakim]
+Léonie_Watson; got it
16:35:22 [LeonieWatson]
JB: Was a component added that would help us tag these bugs?
16:36:18 [LeonieWatson]
JS: We have an HTML A11y component now I think.
16:37:32 [LeonieWatson]
PC: My concern is that all other components are aligned to specs, and this one wouldn't be. I don't undertand why you'd have a component that doesn't relate to a specific spec.
16:38:09 [Judy]
zakim, who's on the phone?
16:38:09 [Zakim]
On the phone I see hober, Michael_Cooper, Steve_Faulkner, John_Foliot, [Microsoft], Judy, Janina_Sajka, Cynthia_Shelly, Léonie_Watson
16:38:11 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has paulc
16:38:37 [LeonieWatson]
TOC: I wonder if we could just assign to specific people?
16:38:45 [LeonieWatson]
PC: That's what the assignee field is for.
16:39:16 [LeonieWatson]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:39:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/02/07-html-a11y-minutes.html LeonieWatson
16:40:08 [Judy]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Dec/0054.html
16:40:32 [Judy]
List of text bugs to process
16:40:33 [Judy]
<http://tinyurl.com/ckoq2cd>
16:40:33 [Judy]
Minutes from initial processing round of 11 Dec 2012
16:40:33 [Judy]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2012Dec/0054.html
16:40:33 [Judy]
which documented recommended actions on the following bugs
16:40:33 [Judy]
9216, 10642, 13461, 13727, 13728
16:41:26 [LeonieWatson]
JB: 9215, suggested deferring this to 5.1.
16:42:37 [Judy]
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=9215
16:43:00 [chaals]
chaals has joined #html-a11y
16:44:06 [LeonieWatson]
PC: Choose HTML 5.0 for the 5.1 spec, and HTML CR for HTML 5.0.
16:46:48 [MichaelC]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0014.html Bugs organization (view entire thread for full context)
16:47:02 [chaals1]
chaals1 has joined #html-a11y
16:47:25 [LeonieWatson]
JB: Reopend in HTML spec. That's ok.
16:47:44 [LeonieWatson]
PC: Seems this is related to alt techniques in HTML?
16:48:05 [LeonieWatson]
SF: The bug says these things are missing from the spec.
16:48:13 [LeonieWatson]
PC: Wonder if the alt spec should point to this bug?
16:48:17 [LeonieWatson]
SF: Ok.
16:49:13 [LeonieWatson]
JF: Poster alt.
16:49:20 [LeonieWatson]
JB: Status?
16:49:45 [LeonieWatson]
JF: The issue of poster and short/long descriptions was escalated to an issue, and the issue was deferred.
16:50:09 [LeonieWatson]
JF: Thinking was to resolve with ARIA. So think we can leave this "as is".
16:54:51 [LeonieWatson]
JB: Can verify.
16:55:01 [LeonieWatson]
JF: Ok, done. Should we remove the tracker keyword?
16:55:12 [LeonieWatson]
PC: Looking it up, this is marked as postponed.
16:55:15 [Judy]
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13461
16:56:35 [Zakim]
-John_Foliot
16:56:36 [LeonieWatson]
JB: Thought this one needed a TF component, because it was the sort of thing tha would go into an extension and so wouldn't be tied to the schedules of other components.
16:57:24 [LeonieWatson]
PC: This bug is about longdesc, if you want to put it somewhere... As soon as you get longdesc out the component for this bug should be changed to longdesc.
16:58:28 [LeonieWatson]
zakim, next item
16:58:28 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Text Bugs" taken up [from Stevef]
16:58:37 [LeonieWatson]
zakim, close item 5
16:58:37 [Zakim]
agendum 5, Text Bugs, closed
16:58:38 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:58:38 [Zakim]
6. Subteam Reports: Bug Triage; AAPI Mapping; [from Stevef]
16:58:47 [LeonieWatson]
zakim, next item
16:58:47 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Subteam Reports: Bug Triage; AAPI Mapping;" taken up [from Stevef]
16:58:58 [LeonieWatson]
JB: Text team is not meeting at the moment.
16:59:02 [LeonieWatson]
zakim, close item 6
16:59:02 [Zakim]
agendum 6, Subteam Reports: Bug Triage; AAPI Mapping;, closed
16:59:04 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:59:04 [Zakim]
7. Actions Review http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open [from Stevef]
16:59:08 [LeonieWatson]
zakim, next item
16:59:08 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Actions Review http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open" taken up [from Stevef]
16:59:18 [LeonieWatson]
zakim, close item 7
16:59:18 [Zakim]
agendum 7, Actions Review http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/track/actions/open, closed
16:59:20 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
16:59:20 [Zakim]
8. Other Business [from Stevef]
16:59:25 [LeonieWatson]
zakim, next item
16:59:25 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "Other Business" taken up [from Stevef]
16:59:36 [LeonieWatson]
PC: Regrets for next week's call.
16:59:50 [LeonieWatson]
rrsagent, makeminutes
16:59:50 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'makeminutes', LeonieWatson. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:59:50 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
16:59:51 [Zakim]
-Judy
16:59:53 [Zakim]
-hober
16:59:54 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
16:59:59 [LeonieWatson]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:59:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/02/07-html-a11y-minutes.html LeonieWatson
16:59:59 [Zakim]
-Janina_Sajka
17:00:00 [Zakim]
-Steve_Faulkner
17:00:02 [Zakim]
-Léonie_Watson
17:00:38 [LeonieWatson]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:00:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/02/07-html-a11y-minutes.html LeonieWatson
17:00:59 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
17:01:00 [Zakim]
WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)10:00AM has ended
17:01:00 [Zakim]
Attendees were Michael_Cooper, hober, Léonie_Watson, Steve_Faulkner, Judy, John_Foliot, paulc, Janina_Sajka, Cynthia_Shelly
18:09:17 [davidb]
davidb has joined #html-a11y
19:50:09 [Stevef]
Stevef has joined #html-a11y
20:41:33 [davidb]
davidb has joined #html-a11y
20:49:05 [Stevef]
Stevef has joined #html-a11y
20:51:01 [Stevef_]
Stevef_ has joined #html-a11y