IRC log of html-wg on 2013-01-31

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:00:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
17:00:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2013/01/31-html-wg-irc
17:00:06 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:00:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-wg
17:00:08 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
17:00:08 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
17:00:09 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
17:00:10 [trackbot]
Date: 31 January 2013
17:00:20 [paulc]
zakim, who is on the phone?
17:00:20 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Aaron_Colwell, [Microsoft], [Apple]
17:00:37 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, call Mike
17:00:37 [Zakim]
ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
17:00:39 [Zakim]
+Mike
17:00:55 [paulc]
zakim, [Microsoft] has paulc
17:00:55 [Zakim]
+paulc; got it
17:00:56 [Zakim]
+ddorwin
17:01:03 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
17:01:24 [Zakim]
+joesteele
17:01:28 [krisk]
zakim, Microsoft.a has krisk
17:01:28 [Zakim]
+krisk; got it
17:01:38 [MFoladare]
MFoladare has joined #html-wg
17:02:00 [janina]
zakim, call janina
17:02:00 [Zakim]
ok, janina; the call is being made
17:02:02 [Zakim]
+Janina
17:02:06 [krisk]
scribe: krisk
17:02:22 [Zakim]
+Radhika_Roy
17:02:26 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.aa]
17:02:35 [rubys]
rubys has joined #html-wg
17:02:43 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.aaa]
17:02:43 [edoyle]
edoyle has joined #html-wg
17:02:55 [Zakim]
+glenn
17:03:00 [jaymunro]
zakim, Microsoft.aaa has me
17:03:00 [Zakim]
+jaymunro; got it
17:03:07 [glenn]
zakim, mute me
17:03:07 [Zakim]
glenn should now be muted
17:03:23 [paulc]
zakim, who is on the phone?
17:03:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Aaron_Colwell, [Microsoft], [Apple], Mike, ddorwin, [Microsoft.a], joesteele, Janina, Radhika_Roy, [Microsoft.aa], [Microsoft.aaa], glenn (muted)
17:03:26 [Zakim]
[Microsoft.a] has krisk
17:03:27 [Zakim]
[Microsoft.aaa] has jaymunro
17:03:27 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has paulc
17:03:31 [Zakim]
+Sam
17:04:04 [krisk]
1. ACTION items due by Thursday, January 31
17:04:17 [krisk]
TOPIC: 1. ACTION items due by Thursday, January 31 None
17:04:32 [krisk]
TOPIC: 2. New Issues This Week:
17:04:33 [krisk]
none
17:04:40 [krisk]
There are 5 tracker requests
17:04:41 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.aaaa]
17:04:47 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft.aaaa] is me
17:04:48 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
17:05:01 [krisk]
paulc: working through them one at a time
17:05:02 [krisk]
http://w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=TrackerRequest
17:05:23 [edoyle]
zakim, [Microsoft.aa] is me
17:05:23 [Zakim]
+edoyle; got it
17:05:23 [krisk]
paulc: two are cover by other agenda items, trying to avoid them becoming issues
17:05:33 [krisk]
TOPIC: 3. Items Closed Last Week
17:05:47 [krisk]
First CfC: handle ISSUE-207 responsive-images consistently with Plan 2014, Closed Jan 23 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0020.html
17:05:54 [krisk]
close with no object
17:06:08 [krisk]
Second Preference Survey: Microdata Note vs Recommendation Track, Closed Jan 24 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0022.html
17:06:14 [krisk]
also closed last week
17:06:21 [krisk]
TOPIC: 4. Items Closing This Week
17:06:30 [krisk]
One item a) CfC: to publish Encrypted Media Extensions specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD), Closed Jan 30 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0102.html
17:06:51 [krisk]
paulc: This is an active thread on the list, chairs discussing how to proceed
17:07:21 [krisk]
paulc: both lots of disent and lots of people that agree with the WD publishing
17:07:29 [krisk]
TOPIC: 5. Items Closing Next Week
17:07:30 [krisk]
none
17:07:39 [krisk]
TOPIC: 6. New Calls this week
17:07:51 [krisk]
First CfC: HTML Microdata minimum CR period, Closes Feb 4 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0184.html
17:07:53 [krisk]
closed
17:08:09 [krisk]
Second CfC: to publish Public Identifiers for Entity Resolution in XHTML specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD), Closes Feb 6 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0212.html
17:08:25 [krisk]
paulc: A number of explicit supporters
17:08:40 [krisk]
TOPIC: 7. New Surveys this week
17:08:41 [krisk]
none
17:08:48 [krisk]
TOPIC: 8. Decisions this week
17:08:58 [krisk]
a) WG Decision on Microdata Note vs Recommendation Track http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0182.html
17:09:22 [krisk]
b) CFC: Request transition of HTML Microdata to Candidate Recommendation
17:09:46 [joesteele]
joesteele has joined #html-wg
17:09:50 [krisk]
paulc: WG decision to move Microdata to CR
17:10:34 [krisk]
paulc: I belive we do need to pick the editor for Microdata (Mike?)
17:11:13 [krisk]
paulc: no action item but co-chairs will pick an editor
17:11:19 [Eliot]
Eliot has joined #html-wg
17:11:28 [krisk]
next item Isssue closing on ISSUE-207
17:11:34 [krisk]
CfC: handle ISSUE-207 responsive-images consistently with Plan 2014 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0185.html Status: On last week's WG call we targeted moving forward with a CfC to publish both responsive-images and srcset attribute extensions spec later this week (when Ted finishes some bug work on srset attribute proposal). Srcset bugs: http://tinyurl.com/apf88ub
17:11:37 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.aa]
17:11:50 [Eliot]
Zakim, Microsoft.aa is me
17:11:50 [Zakim]
+Eliot; got it
17:12:07 [krisk]
paulc: hober are you on track to close the bugs (was at 6->7)
17:12:21 [krisk]
hober: we are now down to 2 and I'm happy with the progress
17:12:43 [krisk]
paulc: I'll do a CFC for the picture element and a seperate of the srcset attribute
17:12:48 [krisk]
hober: sounds good
17:12:59 [krisk]
paulc: sam is this ok?
17:13:02 [krisk]
sam: yes
17:13:11 [krisk]
TOPIC: 9. Task Force Reports
17:13:17 [krisk]
b) Accessibility Task Force
17:13:27 [krisk]
group working on clean bugs with keywords
17:13:40 [krisk]
paulc wants group to work on longdesc
17:13:52 [krisk]
janina: we think we have the group ready
17:14:26 [krisk]
janina: we have a few more edits so that it's clear...should take another week
17:14:51 [krisk]
janina: By Feb 8th we should be compete
17:15:32 [krisk]
janina: the issue on alt is on me and waiting for a response from robin
17:16:02 [krisk]
paulc: these are in the Other Business in the agena (item a and item b)
17:16:11 [krisk]
Next Media Task Force
17:16:21 [krisk]
We processed the meeting source extension
17:16:33 [krisk]
The group meets weekly
17:17:13 [krisk]
CFC on eme and around 30 bugs on this spec while the WG continues work the decision on the spec
17:17:18 [krisk]
Testing Task Force
17:18:08 [krisk]
Group met on tuesday (light attendance)
17:18:25 [krisk]
Group blocked on getting content from git -> w3c-test.org
17:19:28 [krisk]
Mike are you around to given an update on this issue
17:19:42 [krisk]
Mike: I should be able to get this done in a week
17:20:07 [LeifHalvardSilli]
LeifHalvardSilli has joined #html-wg
17:20:39 [krisk]
krisk: will this also cover the use case where someone has a branch?
17:20:53 [krisk]
mike: yes this should be possible
17:20:56 [krisk]
krisk: ok
17:21:19 [krisk]
TOPIC: 10. Other Business
17:21:32 [krisk]
paulc: a few items
17:21:44 [krisk]
a) HTML5 Image Description Extension candidate FPWD http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2013Jan/0112.htm l Status: We are waiting for A11Y TF to finish the TF's wiki of results and then we will be ready to do a WG CfC to publish a FPWD. https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-proposals/raw-file/1f251fcbe363/longdesc1/longdesc.html
17:22:01 [krisk]
paulc: Expect ask to Co-chairs for a CFC on Feb 8th
17:22:24 [krisk]
b) HTML5: Techniques for providing useful text alternatives https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12726 which includes TrackerRequest Steve's request for a delay in a Preference Poll re normativity: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0002.html Status: This item is still awaiting a progress report from A11Y TF and Editors on the status of problems in: http://www.davidmacd.com/WCAG/WAI/buggy.html
17:22:59 [krisk]
paulc: I'll continue to track this so that we do get discussion on the bugs on public html
17:23:16 [krisk]
paulc: any comments?
17:23:25 [krisk]
krisk: none
17:23:29 [krisk]
c) Plans for preference poll on future of Polyglot document https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/polyglot-status-preference-poll/ Note: Poll is NOT open. Chairs are waiting for discussion on public-html@w3.org to finish.
17:24:14 [krisk]
paulc: co-chairs were going to wait to seehow the Microdata pref poll went
17:24:37 [krisk]
paulc: we do need to figure out how to process some of the suggestions
17:24:45 [krisk]
d) Media Source Extensions FPWD publication http://www.w3.org/News/2013#entry-9697 http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-media-source-20130129/
17:25:21 [krisk]
paulc we did have a CFC to publish ARIA in HTML as FPWD
17:25:22 [krisk]
e) Re: CfC: to publish ARIA in HTML specification as a First Public Working Draft (FPWD) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Jan/0006.html Status: Publication is still pending resolution of Publicationa Rule changes.
17:25:34 [krisk]
paulc: mike are you working on this?
17:25:37 [krisk]
mike: yes
17:25:43 [krisk]
paulc: Ok thanks
17:26:06 [krisk]
paulc: W3C announces TPAC 2013 in china
17:26:07 [krisk]
f) W3C Announces TPAC 2013 in China, Nov 18-22 2013 http://www.w3.org/News/2013#entry-9703
17:26:14 [krisk]
paulc: any other business?
17:26:21 [Zakim]
-Aaron_Colwell
17:26:28 [krisk]
paulc: none
17:26:41 [krisk]
paulc: scribe for next week?
17:26:47 [krisk]
krisk: I can help
17:27:02 [paulc]
rrsagent, generate the minutes
17:27:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2013/01/31-html-wg-minutes.html paulc
17:27:05 [Zakim]
-Radhika_Roy
17:27:07 [krisk]
paulc: shall we adjourn?
17:27:16 [paulc]
zakim, who is on the phone?
17:27:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [Microsoft], [Apple], Mike, ddorwin, [Microsoft.a], joesteele, Janina, edoyle, [Microsoft.aaa], glenn (muted), Sam, adrianba, Eliot
17:27:18 [Zakim]
[Microsoft.a] has krisk
17:27:18 [Zakim]
[Microsoft.aaa] has jaymunro
17:27:18 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has paulc
17:27:24 [krisk]
krisk: meeting adjourned
17:27:25 [Zakim]
-Eliot
17:27:26 [Zakim]
-[Apple]
17:27:26 [Zakim]
-joesteele
17:27:27 [Zakim]
-Janina
17:27:27 [Zakim]
-Mike
17:27:29 [Zakim]
-glenn
17:27:30 [janina]
janina has left #html-wg
17:27:31 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
17:27:32 [Zakim]
-adrianba
17:27:32 [Zakim]
-Sam
17:27:32 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.aaa]
17:27:33 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft.a]
17:27:50 [Zakim]
-edoyle
17:28:34 [Zakim]
-ddorwin
17:28:35 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
17:28:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were Aaron_Colwell, [Apple], Mike, paulc, ddorwin, [Microsoft], joesteele, krisk, Janina, Radhika_Roy, glenn, jaymunro, Sam, adrianba, edoyle, Eliot
17:28:39 [edoyle]
edoyle has joined #html-wg
17:33:57 [jarek]
jarek has joined #html-wg
17:46:12 [LeifHalvardSilli]
LeifHalvardSilli has left #html-wg
17:47:43 [hlfh]
hlfh has joined #html-wg
17:59:57 [davidb_]
davidb_ has joined #html-wg
18:11:26 [davidb]
davidb has joined #html-wg
18:15:02 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
18:53:38 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-wg
18:56:13 [davidb_]
davidb_ has joined #html-wg
19:06:54 [Eliot]
Eliot has joined #html-wg
19:08:11 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
19:30:35 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #html-wg
20:10:25 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
20:13:11 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
21:03:23 [Stevef]
Stevef has joined #html-wg
21:09:40 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
21:09:40 [gitbot]
01[13html01] 15rubys pushed 1 new commit to 06feature/whatwg: 02https://github.com/w3c/html/commit/67934d61a46c1a2d8f1203ed0084f19f63a18af0
21:09:40 [gitbot]
13html/06feature/whatwg 1467934d6 15ianh: [cgiowt] (3) Match reality...
21:09:40 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
21:09:47 [rubys]
rubys has joined #html-wg
21:14:34 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
21:29:03 [yoav_]
yoav_ has joined #html-wg
21:30:02 [yoav__]
yoav__ has joined #html-wg
21:30:34 [yoav_]
yoav_ has joined #html-wg
21:46:55 [eddieolson]
eddieolson has joined #html-wg
22:05:43 [darobin]
darobin has joined #html-wg
22:07:33 [yoav__]
yoav__ has joined #html-wg
22:47:26 [jarek]
jarek has joined #html-wg
23:09:18 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
23:09:18 [gitbot]
01[13html01] 15rubys pushed 2 new commits to 06feature/whatwg: 02https://github.com/w3c/html/compare/67934d61a46c...ccfe83f0409e
23:09:18 [gitbot]
13html/06feature/whatwg 1473e5bd1 15ianh: [giow] (3) Compatibility with deployed content....
23:09:18 [gitbot]
13html/06feature/whatwg 14ccfe83f 15ianh: [e] (0) Clarify that this is not a convention, just a possible technique for the author's own use....
23:09:18 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
23:47:51 [IanPouncey]
IanPouncey has joined #html-wg